E3 2012 Thread

Am I pumped for the Wii U? yes.
Is it because of the E3 presentation? lol no.

I think the main problem is that Kid Icarus got delayed at the beginning of the year, putting the development of SSB4 back and stopping it from being near showable(which would have been a huge boost).

Oh, and waaaaaaaay too much casual shown and not enough safe content such as more Mario gameplay. Christ, even Nintendo Land's 'Zelda: Battle Quest' would have been better to have shown.

xenu

Banned deucer.
was hoping for some info on the new SSB, been a real disappointing conference for me so far.

Eh, definitely a little disappointed by Nintendo's show. Pikmin was my personal highlight. It's cool that they're bringing some "core" games like Batman over, but the addition of the Game Pad isn't going to make me want to replay that game, personally. Nintendo Land actually looks fun, IMO, but I can't get myself excited about another "new" Super Mario Bros... :/

Overall not the best E3 showing in general this year. I am probably the most excited about PlayStation's new IP's (take that with a grain of salt, considering I work there). I did come here expecting Nintendo to blow the competition away though...

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Basically the only thing that's interested me much from the entire e3 show (including other companies) is Paper Mario. I can't wait for that game and at least now I know it's probably coming this year.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I'll bet you anything new Zelda info will be tomorrow. At least if they follow the patterns they've been following, and considering SS was last year, its the handheld's turn for a Zelda title, which will be tomorrow.

grandma

put down the controller

you're just too bad for this

:(

-Iwata & the banana bunch-

What is this? How we get new info because we aren't at E3?
I was wondering too. Maybe it's supposed to tie into the animal crossing minigame?lol

Either way, I was dissapointed by their showcase. They have a new console releasing this holiday, so where are all the big titles? They could have at least had trailers for some 1st party games considering those are the big sellers.

...well that was bad.

Where do I even start...

Well all 3 big conferences were pretty lame. Microsoft was laughable, Sony's was boring, and Nintendo's was just plain weak. Based purely on games alone, Sony took this year. Honestly, their conference could've consisted of The Last of Us by itself and they would've won. Without that I would've honestly called this year a three way tie, everyone being the loser.

Overall, Ubisoft easily won this year. They showed the games they needed to, got to the point, and even revealed a promising new IP. Admittedly it was just a "good" presentation, but it was just a step above everyone else. Not to mention Ubi completely saved Nintendo from being just as bad as Microsoft's presentation.

Ubi to the rescue.

I'm doubtful of any Zelda being announced, both SS and OoT 3DS were released last year and if we go by what Shigeru Miyamoto said back in April, they're still in (pre-)development for a possible LttP sequel or even MM 3DS.

xenu

Banned deucer.
so apparently Platinum Games announced a new game for the Wii U, working title is "project p100"

"Hey guys, we know your conferences are sucking right now, so we decided to drop on by and make things a little better!"

"Oh man! Thanks Ubisoft!"

- Ubisoft saving the day in every conference.

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
I had an important research meeting to attend this morning, so I missed the conference.

But it should be obvious that I am most excited about Paper Mario. Looking forward to seeing some gameplay impressions later this week.

I wasn't really disappointed by Nintendo really 'cause there hasn't been a Nintendo launch in a while that had a stellar lineup going for it, I feel. It always takes them a bit to get things that I personally want.

Last of Us wow'd me the most so far, but I have my lingering hope for at least a Zelda 3DS teaser tomorrow.

In general an underwhelming E3 all round. Slightly interested in Castlevania, NSMB2 and NSMBU, but I think I will hold out on the Wii U this year.

Paper Mario 3DS coming this holiday season yessssssssss.

Stickers suck as a concept name but it looks fresh and interesting otherwise.

Halo 4
Watch Dogs
Tomb Raider
Forza Horizon

mannnnnnnnnnnn I'm really excited for Watch Dogs :o

It was just... underwhelming this year. Besides the announcement of a new Warioware game after the show, nothing really stuck out to me.

But eh, you can't beat last two years show, right?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Meh, they've already outright said "The next zelda game will not be MM. Maybe later, but not the next one."

But dear Jesus, we do need to go back to Termina.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)