E3 2012 Thread

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I wake up to see somewhere into the Microsoft conference to see Madden 13 and Kinnect voice commands.

> : (

> : (

What I expected from Microsoft this E3: More games, less Kinect.

What really happened for Microsoft at E3: Less games more entertainment hub crap.

Take note Sony and Nintendo, this is how not to do a press conference.

Wow that was fast. I wonder why Microsoft even saw fit to show up, they could've rolled that shit out at CES.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
EA: Conference "less like oscars, more like sundance" says exec figurehead. I'm not too excited, I hope it's more than just sports games.

The Sim City Facebook version bashing on Farmville was amazing, and the PC game version looks very fun. This might be the only Facebook game I play.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
-westerners are rich, have lots of excess money
-start buying video games
-companies start making shitty casual games to appeal to this audience
-western economies crash
-video game sales show negative growth in the first time since forever as all the casual gamers start spending money on important things like food and shit
-game companies continue trying to fuck off with casual games

jesus these guys are bright

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
I can't say EA is my favourite company but I think that conference set the bar for what a conference should look like. They showed their new games, said what they will update on their old ones. Celebrity appearances were there but kept under control. SWOTOR being free for 15 levels may entice me to try it out, this is one of those good things WoW popularized that everyone else is following. Need for Speed Most Wanted was a good game of the ones I've played. I might buy it if the game gets rave reviews. Also I couldn't tell any of the shooters apart, is something wrong with me?

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
damn was hoping for a demo of nhl 13 but americans hate hockey :( south park game looks cool and sim city seems fun too

usher sucks at singing live

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
the only conference that could possible be worse is due in 20 minutes
because what does ubisoft have to show us besides AC3?

Cant see the sony one or the Konami one as they are too late for me.
I want to see more Lords of Shadow 2.

Ah well, nintendo conference it is tomorrow then.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
AC3 and Rayman is all I ask of you Ubisoft, please no annoying time woop guy. Please.

Also when will everyone realize that live comments are annoying and often backfire? Especially when your conference sucks and doesn't focus on games people who watch these things want to see.

Oh no more concerts, why?

The presenter is really over doing the 'edgy' thing: "We're all a little bit gay", "Girl Wood", and "I now want a lion, use it as a weapon, then shoot it". It's painful to watch.

More AC3 please, though Splinter Cell looks pretty good.

Definitely getting Halo 4 and Need for Speed Most Wanted

also, Microsoft needed a way to make xbox sort of mobile. But I wish they had've wasted less time on Usher and used it to announce more video games...

there was one game where all you did was use the kinect to shoot a cannon ball at a castle... -_-

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
I am now very excited about AC3 wilderness. I haven't bought an AC game at launch but this might change. Toby Turner is having a good amount of fun but sometimes I am cringing because they don't know when to stop.

I've heard that some companies fill the audience with people just there to clap. It shows here because there should be a lot more groans.

Just so everyone knows I'm uploading some footage from the streams here. If you get a message saying a video is blocked then it's because of copyright issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)