The Well #35 - Eo Ut Mortus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
best looking badge?

did you actually want to become a tour director?

most underrated player?

what factors do you believe are responsible for central's string of shoddy wcop performances?

ok that's all I enjoyed your well :o!

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
What do you attribute to the rise of the non-english speaking countries in BW? (France and Beneluxians seem sick now but I can't remember one good French player in DPP)
I'd probably attribute this to the growing relationship between Smogon and international communities. Smogon acts as a hub for multiple international competitive Pokemon communities--the largest one, I would assume. A community is limited by its members' creativity, and members of smaller communities are likelier to gravitate toward the same/similar strategies (see: French hail in DPP). Thus, it makes sense that a community that branches out toward a larger community, one comprised of multiple communities (the English-speaking countries + other international communities), would increase its chances of learning about new strategies/sets lest it be reliant on coming up with these things on its own. Naturally, the relationship is reciprocal.

When you said earlier that your online personae is close to your real life personae, I couldn't help but remember some of the suspect behavior between you and some other male asian users (Iconic). Explain.
Suspect behavior? I'm not sure I know what you're talking about.

Any favorite places outside Missouri that you like to travel?
Not really; I don't travel regularly, something that I hope to change.

Whats with all the current anti-Central attitdue shown by users :(?
The unfortunate consequence of being on a team with Princess Bri, LonelyNess, and jasonpwn.

Seconding this.
I'll have to come back and play a game or two. :) I have time this summer so perhaps...

- What team would you like to win this WCoP bar team Asia ?
France !

- What team do you think will win this WCoP bar team Asia ?
France or Spain look hot right now. I could see them taking it. Oceania will probably worm their way into finals, too, somehow...

Your thoughts on Bluewind x Folgorio.
Folgorio is a giant shaggy dog who likes humping random objects, and Bluewind is an agitated giraffe kitten vying for his attention.

Do you like RU?
It's alright. It's not my favorite metagame, but I don't understand why it's less popular than NU: it defies both my personal preferences and past tendencies of people to like higher tiers.

Why do you Baton pass in it?
To troll people who don't know how to play RU. I have other teams besides Baton Pass; I'm just saving them for Grand Slam.

On a scale of 1-10 how big of a dick did you choke on when I beat you in that #rmt cup?
8==========D

Favourite RU mon?
Tangrowth

Favourite RU user?
McMeghan

Favourite thing about RU when I run out of questions?
Pun potential. "RU ready to play RU?"

HELLO EO

in your opinion whats the most important attribute some1 can have to be a pkmn master (dont say luck i mean more like creativity/intelligence etc)
Intelligence wins games, but creativity makes Pokemon masters!

whats been the angriest moment of your life
Not very exciting, but I was having a bad day due to a combination of things (sleep-deprived, paper due, and some other things I can no longer remember), culminating in me locking myself out of my dormitory for about the 17th time. I had to pay a fee to get my key back, and I just kind of broke down in my room afterward. There's probably things that have made me angrier, but I try not to dwell on those moments; I only remember this because it was recent.

if it werent for IRC do you think youd still frequent smogon
I doubt it. I've frequented other forums and quit without looking back. It's definitely harder to quit a community based around a more personal medium.

what would chairs look like if our knees were on the back of our legs
I thought about this for awhile, and it just confused me. I think they would look the same but people would just sit differently in them.

why'd everyone stop laddering
If I had to guess, a lot of people were laddered due to the incentive of suspect tests/Tiering Contributor, and they stopped when suspect tests were removed. I think this reduced the ladder's skillbase a lot, which devalued the worth of ladder rankings, and consequently, even more people stopped playing. Boosting and other forms of cheating / uncompetitive behavior didn't help, either.

is there any drug you'd try
Alcohol? I don't know if there is any; I don't really have a desire to do drugs.

Oh yeah I've done weed but eh not my kinda thing either.

most underrated pokemon in Bw Ou (any tier)
Lapras.

In your Opinion, what is the key to being successful in pokemon
Good team(building), general Pokemon skill/risk management, metagame awareness, player awareness, and the ability to consistently apply these qualities in both low and high pressure situations.

At the end of the day, though, you still have to be luckier than reyscarface.

when will the world end
When global warming reaches an extreme and makes the earth uninhabitable. Either that, or when Britney Spears stops dancing.

do you think the world would be better off w.o any sort of religion whatsoever
Nope; I think religion is overall positive even for all its negatives. It can give people security and act as an instrument to promote virtuous and just living. Anyway, the negative consequences of religion do not result from the existence of the religion itself, but rather from the ignorant people (usually extremists) who practice it through picking and choosing which parts of the scripture to follow to suit their own biases and desires.

if you couldve chosen any lifestyle at all (idk if i worded that right but i mean like nba star, famous singer, actor, president, garbage man or w.e) what would you pick
I would like to be a philosopher/artist living with little to no material cares living on some remote mountainside with a small community of likewise-minded individuals.

if you could restart your life over and only have ONE thing to change, what would it be
I'm not a very regretful person. I don't think I'm experiencing any overly negative ramifications from anything that happened over a year ago, and so, there's little from the distant past that I would like to change. I would be uncomfortable changing the past without knowing how it would affect my growth as a person. Like I said earlier, I regret not pursuing chess, so perhaps I would change the past to have pursued it, but then would I have gotten involved in this community or for that matter, any of my other interests?

That having been said, until I can decide that I am decidedly worse off as a result of something in the past, I would probably stick to changing trivial things in the recent past that haven't really affected me (yet), such as not losing to kokojoko in WCOP two days ago.

what is your absolute biggest fear
What happens after death. It's incomprehensible, which is what makes it so scary. Even though I am willing to buy into the concept of a heaven or similar afterlives, I don't have enough faith to accept it without considering any other possibilities.

Spiders and massive bugs are my #2.

what would you need to do/accomplish in order for you to die happy

k all i can think of at least 4 now xD
I don't really know. Right now, I kind of feel directionless, and I'm trying to figure out what exactly I want to do with my life, where exactly I want to end up, who I want to be, all that jazz...and I don't know any simple solutions yet. I do know, however, that I want to start a family, and I want to somehow make a meaningful difference in the world.

Do you remember The Cicada? .-.
.-. I try to repress those memories.

favourite uber metagame?
Any metagame before everyone started using Ferrothorn.

favourite uber set through the gens that you've played
Rock Polish / Swords Dance / Earthquake / Dragon Claw Groudon in gen 4. It was a pretty neat set; it was easy to fake support due to bulky spread + Leftovers, and there were a lot of things it could set up on.

how much more room for creativity do you think there is in bw's current ubers metagame (disregard imminent bw2 release)
i don't really know you personally outside of pkmn stuff so this is all i'm really interested in i guess[/QUOTE]

Not very much. Ubers didn't change *that* much between DPP / BW, and then there's people like trickroom who have scraped the bottom of the Ubers barrel with Pokemon such as Gyarados.

best looking badge?
Tiering Contributor.

did you actually want to become a tour director?
Nah, but Iconic begged me to join.

most underrated player?
Answered already!

what factors do you believe are responsible for central's string of shoddy wcop performances?

ok that's all I enjoyed your well :o!
Unfavorable generation shift, the death of Loki, East jacking the entire state of Michigan, and most importantly, Justinawe.

what do you look like?
http://www.smogon.com/album/uraga

Like that except buffer and cooler (and I don't take phone selfies SMH).

What do you think of my username?
Hands-down best username on Smogon.

how are you today

what will you have for dinner tonight

is there anything you're really looking forward to

do you like climbing trees

what are your favorite movie(s)?

what's your favorite sport?

favorite colour

favorite animal

what used to be your least favorite subject on school

what used to be your most favorite subject on school

don't you hate answering all these stupid questions?

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
why do you try to repress memories of The Cicada?
I can't remember because I repressed those memories too. Why is it important? You're just a cicada... .-.

how are you today

what will you have for dinner tonight

is there anything you're really looking forward to

do you like climbing trees

what are your favorite movie(s)?

what's your favorite sport?

favorite colour

favorite animal

what used to be your least favorite subject on school

what used to be your most favorite subject on school

don't you hate answering all these stupid questions?
Blue
Digital Art
Soccer
Well...
Yes
The Color Purple
Giraffes
Giraffes
No
I'm not sure
Well...

In no particular order.

What do you think of the above poster?
Silly.

What team is better, Thunder or Heat?
I don't follow the NBA. I think LeBron is on the Heat so I'll go with the Thunder.

---

And with that, I conclude my well. Thanks to everyone who asked questions :)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)