The Well #35 - Eo Ut Mortus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
"A stranger is being shown around a village that he has just become part of. He is shown a well and his guide says "On any day except Wednesday, you can shout any question down that well and you'll be told the answer." The man seems pretty impressed, and so he shouts down, "Why not on Wednesday?" A voice from in the well shouts back, "Because on Wednesday, it's your day in the well."

I'm going first because I'll be out of town next week.

Hi, I'm Eo. If you don't know who I am, you're missing out; I'm an awesome person. I found out about NetBattle / competitive battling in 2005 from the enigmatic "chaos on the internet" trolling Serebii's RMT forums; however, I did not actually join Smogon until 2007 with the American release of DP, when we had analyses on Pokemon, and all talk of tiering was banned. So I started out as a WiFier (not a WiFidiot, mind you). From there, I gradually climbed up the Smogon scale of influence: WiFier -> ladderer -> ladybug -> moderator -> salty mod alumnus -> moderator again (present).

I'm probably best known for wasting my life struggling to maintain the top spot on Shoddy's UU ladder, but outside of that and tournaments, I've also been involved in C&C, mafia (molEO because hosts like giving me evil roles), and The Smog/Competitor, in which I strive to offend as many users as I possibly can in each of my articles.

As for my interests outside of Smogon: I am an 18-year-old living in St. Louis, Missouri, the best city in the worst state. I was born in the Philippines (I'm half-Filipino, half-Chinese), but moved to Missouri at the age of one. I have moved several times but have lived in Missouri for my entire life, and I've just begun to get tired of it. I am currently a sophomore at St. Louis University studying English and computer science, two fields that I probably would not have become quite as interested in were it not for Smogon.

I'm a very competitive person. Fun fact: I went to the Scripps National Spelling Bee in eighth grade (unfortunately missing an ESPN TV appearance by one round). In addition to Pokemon, I play chess and Melee at semi-competitive levels. One of my biggest regrets is not pursuing chess more: I used to be the stereotypical hotshot six-year-old Asian kid who beat older people at tournaments. Now, I'm the older guy who's getting beat, and people who I once held my own against are internationally ranked.

In a similar vein to my competitive streak, I take a lot of things seriously (probably too seriously). So feel free to ask me serious questions; I will give you serious answers.

I am also one of the only people to see Bloo's exclusive, never-posted well, so you can ask me questions about him too.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Did you finally bone De Bona?

Why did you Recover with Celebi on 20% Band Tyranitar?

What's your favorite Grind Pantera joke about your nationality?

User you like / hate the most on Smogon?

When did you get in touch with your draconian alter-ego that us humans came to know as Mortimer?

What is your DPP UU record against Meru?

Being so good in exact sciences why did you decide to major in English?

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
what does your username mean+why did you pick it
I second this question and:

Does the fact you play chess affect your Pokemon battling style? If so, how?

f i already know the answer......................

Who are the top 5 people you fear playing the most in Pokemon tournaments?

What is your favorite metagame? What metagame do you think is your best?

Who do you consider your best friend on Smogon?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Do you visit the St. Louis Zoo often?

We do several times throughout the spring and summer.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
What is it about UU that makes it so appealing to you?

What is your biggest tournament regret?

What is it about my IRC channel that interests you enough to keep it on auto join?

Loki

like seashells
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 7 Championwon the 3rd Official Smogon Tournament
what was your favorite dp uu metagame? did you prefer old uu or new uu?

do you have a particularly favorite dp uu team?

you stated that smogon influenced your choice in major? how so?

what do you plan to do with your dual degree in seemingly unrelated fields?

you said that you're sick of missouri, have you thought about where you'd like to live in the future?

do you remember playing against me like 5+ times in a row at the top of the old uu ladder? addendum: is glaceon not the most majestic of all uu pokmon?

Why did you choose to ridiculize me in the Mock Smogon Awards? ;-;

If you had the chance to admin someone who would it be?

Best user overall on Smogon?

Top 5 battlers that chill you to your bone?

Atticus

Atticus
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
you seem to "playfully" taunt a lot of users on smogon but it's usually just in good fun. are there any users that legitimately anger/displease you?

chances of la winning the world cup?

chances of central winning a game?

finally what has been your favourite moment on smogon up until now? it could be just a silly night on irc or a specific pkmn battle, anything.

it's interesting that you say you regret not pursuing chess more -- i regret pursuing it as much as i did. chess has already reached the point where human players can't reasonably beat modern ai, which to me, means the game is just about dead. a game like pokemon is much more difficult for ai to keep up with. how do you feel about the relationship between chess and computers? is the game going to go anywhere from here?

i remember seeing your name on the sign-up list of the last tournament, but i don't believe we played.

also, how did you react to the great sage and the cicada incident (after the initial bewilderment)? i seem to recall you didn't find it as funny as some others did.

why the fuck did you draft me in spl2

what inspired you to start majoring in CS even though you hadn't planned on it

what word did you spell incorrectly in the spelling bee

c&p bloo's well

oh shit i forgot the most important question:

Who won the tour prediction thing?

How do you feel about TeamUber?

When did you first discover you comedic writing style?

Who do you enjoy fucking with the most on Smogon?

Favorite DPP UU moment?

What was the most frustrating moment of your Pokemon career?

Worst user on Smogon?

Worst moment on Smogon?

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Remember the Magcargo clusterfuck in one of the New UU threads? What was your stance on Magcargo in UU and why?

I can't believe Smogon is still doing well threads and that you guys were desperate enough for Eo....

Also whatever happened to your flowering love with the Cicada?

Windsong

stumbling down elysian fields
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
can you summarize your relationship with user bluewind in under 100 words? (If so, please do so!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)