[Vote] Initial Gen V Banlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have chosen ban list #1 as my most preferred because I strongly believe in opening generation five with no bans. While I myself feel there are certain Pokemon who should initially be on a ban list, I feel it is more responsible of the community to humbly accept that mere theory based on statistical data and early experience could possibly lead to an otherwise balanced (yet seemingly Uber) Pokemon being declared Uber without proper assessment. I do not feel anyone in the community has the capability to properly predict the impact on OU and effectively tier a Pokemon with all the new changes and contenders that have been presented.

I have chosen list #3 as my second most preferred because it is the closest list to what I would have ideally created, should a ban list be required. It is also the most minimal, and the most discrete, which I feel is important for the same reasons that led me to choose ban list #1 as my first choice.

I have chosen list #5 over list #2 for the fact that due to the new sleep mechanics imposed on generations v, I feel Darkrai to be an overwhelming threat that will inevitably be banished to Ubers (which is something I feel more comfortable assessing about Darkrai than other Ubers, currently). Ban list #2 is a step down from #5 due to this reason.

I have chosen list #4 as my last choice because I do not feel that Wobbuffett and Deoxys-S should be dismissed before being assessed in the standard metagame, and by comparison are by far the least serious of the threats listed, as well as two of the most controversial.

Thank you for taking the time to tally my vote.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Although plugging in the votes to a tallier seems to show 2 winning unless there is a surge of people waiting. I'm a bit surprised people pick Darkrai over Lugia, though.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Peculiar way to vote I know...first choice is no bans and then it's the most bans down lol.

I'm voting this the same way I've been voting everything else; I honestly expect a ban list to cover the standard metagame, but I'd rather we just satisfy the opposition by starting with a clean slate and just voting for a large ban after a few days / weeks of playing.

Think about this; if we just open our metagame up with no bans and minimal clauses, give it a few weeks, and then ban accordingly, we'll have taken care of what is probably 90% of policy drama right at the beginning of this generation. We gave everything a shot, we voted, done.

That said, if we do decide to ban stuff initially, I'd rather we just skip the time taking and ban as much as is obvious as soon as possible. I wish #4 actually had some of the other questionables on it, but whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)