The Well #33 - ◠‿◠

Status
Not open for further replies.

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
1) how can you miss husk but include the worm on best players... smh
2) favourite book / why?
3) favourite players to watch or battle?

wooooopsy i had most of these answers written up only for my browser to go kaput and im addicted to game of thrones but after a long wait here you go!!!

I think we are kinda alike because I never post and when I try posting in a 4m I always end up not posting or deleting it 5 minutes after posting ;-;
Onto the questions though.
Yeah we're definitely not alone, it's a pretty intimidating as an outsider.

If you were faced with a girl who is taller than you, what would you do?
I'd probably go about my business normally. It's not like I'm looking for a new female companion! It was pretty intimidating back when I started high school because I was only around 5'3" and all the girls were significantly taller, but fortunately I've hit a growth spurt since then.

Who was the hardest person you ever tutored?
Probably this guy named pielover, namely because he was so inactive. Most people are pretty easy to teach as long as they're active and willing to learn.

And I think I read something about French fluency, so I'll indulge you with this freshly translated question. Que penses-tu des Québécois?
I don't really think differently of them compared to any other group of people. My brother is a Quebec Studies major at McGill, so talking to him about his area of study has been pretty enlightening. From what I've seen living in Ontario all my life, their culture and language are the subject to a lot of unnecessary and unfounded bigotry. I mean when I was younger I thought the referendum was stupid, which was possibly a product of my environment, but researching the issue as a result of several Canadian History courses and talking to knowledgeable people has made me realize there are probably far more complex layers out there that an outsider like me could never really understand.

hi iconic!!!
RODAN MY BOY

why am i the best canadian
Because you exited your mother's womb with a fully grown beard!

who is your favourite famous canadian
I don't know really haha. I guess I should probably answer with someone who was actually important, not just cool like Jim Carrey. I'll be safe and say Terry Fox; I'm a big sucker for inspirational stories and what he did was his life was honestly amazing.

do you like poutine
I love it! Smoke's Poutine is one of my frequent destinations for a weekend midnight snack.

How did you get discover the world of competitive Pokemon battling? Why did you stick with it over any other games you may have tried in your teenage nerd-development years?
In the summer going into Grade 10 (2008) I broke my arm playing soccer, so I was confined to my room and my house a lot. This allowed me to guilt trip my mom into buying me a Nintendo DS, and I decided to buy Pokemon Diamond because I had seen some videos online and I hadn't bought a game since Gold. While looking for guides online (lol) I came across some videos by this user name zeldamastertimmy2, who some of you might know. I watched his competitive battles and got interested, so I taught myself the basics and joined Marriland. I remember winning my first battle and then quitting Marriland my very next one because I got into a HEATED argument with my opponent because he used an illegal Pokemon. I ended up joining Teamuber after I saw Eternal advertising it on Marriland, and the rest is history I suppose.

I guess I stuck with it because I never really played any other game as a kid. I had a Gamecube and Gameboy, but I never really ventured onto the online world before Pokemon, which is where most gamers arguably waste the majority of their time.

What is your goal in life? Answer this as broadly as you wish but discussion about how you weight certain "objectives" is appreciated.
If I could answer you this I definitely would not be wasting so much time online. Like everyone I want a steady job to support myself in the future, but the problem is I don't really know much about what else is out there other than law and medicine. One of my sisters is going to law school next year, and the other had her med school interviews this weekend, so I'm under a lot of pressure to well. Ever since I was young, my secret aspiration was to be a doctor, mainly because I've had such an intimate connection with the profession so far in my life, especially considering my life was saved due to modern medical advances. The problem is that I'm afraid to commit to this goal. I'm told on an almost daily basis that getting into medical school is insanely difficult, and I just watched my sister spend her four years of undergrad studying 24/7 in the hopes of trying to make it in. I know it's so easy to say, but I honestly think I have the brains and the skills to get there, but the possibility of failure just makes it almost impossible for me to commit. Another thing that dissuades me from medicine is the Asian stereotype associated with the job. I know I shouldn't care what people think, and I don't even know why I consider it a negative thing, but it's something that still lingers in the back of my head, as you and others may understand.

What do you do outside of Pokemon and "hanging out with friends"?
Man asking me that question makes me feel like I'm a loser with no hobbies. Obviously the big three things that suck up my time are socializing, leisurely things (Pokemon included), and schoolwork. I like to watch movies and TV, which has become especially easy in university because my school has a file sharing program through the network. Usually I just spend my days going to class/labs, reading up, doing homework, chatting on IRC, playing baseball/soccer outside, the usual first year university life.

Je ne vous connais pas et je n'aurais même pas porté attention à ce fil si on n'avait pas attiré mon attention vers ce court passage.

J'associerais "fluency" à un état avancé de bilinguisme, plus poussé qu'une simple connaissance fonctionnelle de la langue. Personnellement, je refuse toujours, à ce jour, de me considérer "fluent" en anglais et rejetterai probablement le qualificatif tant que je n'aurai pas l'impression que celui-ci est d'un niveau comparable à mon français. Lorsque je parlerai et écrirai l'anglais sans hésitation, sans questionnement, sans doute, alors je serai probablement finalement "fluent".

Donc, permettez-moi d'être étonné qu'un 'English Canadian', bien qu'il soit d'Ottawa où le bilinguisme est un peu plus chose courante, se targue de parler couramment les deux langues officielles d'un pays qui n'a jamais vraiment été bilingue au-delà de ses institutions.
Je m'excuse si mes paroles concernant ma connaissance du français étaient insultantes. Je ne voulais pas vous ennuyer, surtout d'une manière qui insulte quelque chose qui est tellement important pour vous. Bien que vous ne me connaissiez pas, je suis conscient de ta fierté pour ta langue et ta culture. Peut-être que j'utilise le mot "fluent" trop librement, car j'hésite fréquemment quand je parle et mon post est indubitablement plein de fautes de grammaire! En tout cas, je me pardonne encore.

Mes questions: comment et pourquoi avez-vous appris le français et quelles sont les raisons, selon vous, pour lesquelles l'écrasante majorité des Canadiens Anglais juge l'apprentissage de l'autre langue officielle comme étant chose inutile.
Je suis allé à une école immersion française quand j'avais trois ans jusqu'au sixième année. Mon père est un immigrant de la Chine et ma mère est anglophone, mais ils croyaient que m'envoyer à une école avec un programme français serait à la fois utile et stimulant intellectuellement. J'ai pris un cours de français chaque année jusqu'à ce que j'aie obtenu mon diplôme d'études secondaires parce que c'était un sujet qui m'intéressait beaucoup et mes professeurs étaient tous fantastiques.

Quelle chanson française vous apprêtiez-vous à chanter?
J'avais envie de chanter Elle Me Dit, une chanson entraînante que mon frère m'a montré XD

would you rather be wholly white or wholly asian?
That's a pretty tough one. I'm pretty happy with who I am, but if I were forced to pick I'd probably go with fully white, mainly because I live in Canada and it'd make it a little easier to fit in. That's what I kind of like about being biracial, I don't really give a fuck about associating myself with a certain culture or lifestyle because I have nothing to really associate myself with other than the Canadian lifestyle that I live.

opinions on the british?
Good fellas, lots of good Brits on Smogon.

opinions on philip7086? (lolfag)
He'll get the ring to Mordor some day :)!

JK he's a cool guy, glad he's still on IRC.

when was the last time you played guitar hero? (i SWEAR it was you who i used to talk to about it like 3 years ago)
Haha yeah man we used to chat about it all the time on xat. Actually probably about a week ago because a girl on my floor brought a TV, a Wii, and Guitar Hero 3 with her to school. It's fun to play again because I haven't really played in about two years. I'm still good though!

5 favourite bands? help me beef up my itunes some more!
Oh man tough one. I'd probably say Bloc Party, Mastodon, Circa Survive, TV on the Radio and Interpol. I have about 20 I really really like though. And of course, I'm always here if you want to talk music!

b-lulz is terrible at life do you agree?
NOPE B-lul is my buddy!

am i your favourite brit user?
Favourites are too hard to pick, but I'll make an exception and say yes!

Take that B-Lulz!!!!!!!!!

which 5 cities in the world would you love to visit most?
Hmmm Hong Kong definitely, but I've never really thought about visiting any other place. I'd like to visit Scandinavia, so somewhere in Norway or Sweden or Findland I guess! Paris, London and Berlin are also three places I really want to check out in the future.

can you draw me a picture of a cubchoo please?
If I ever finish answering these questions maybe…

top 10 cutest mons?
Happiny! I also like Corphish, Chikorita, Togepi, Pichu, Bulbasaur, Skitty, Eevee, Igglybuff, and GARCHOMP.

best usernames on smogon?
complete legitimacy

best irc channel?
#arabs is the funniest probably

More questions all around and some IRC slaps to go with them:

-What did you think of me when I first started talking on IRC?
I didn't think of you any differently, although you ask shitty questions in my well!

-Are you eventually going to take over for Earthworm directing tournaments?
Alright much better. Yes soon Bloo and I will overthrow the tyrant Earthworm and usher in a new era of equality to the tournaments forum.

Also get your ass to Wonderland sometime soon, they just had their Giga-Coaster open:
[youtube]DicwEw_qW9g[/youtube]
Looks scary :(!

why are you ashamed of pkmn
I don't know, I try to hide it because I leave my room unlocked all the time in residence and I don't want people to get on my computer and find my stuff. My roommate knows I play though, and I've never found the need to tell my family/friends/girlfriend.

I'm trying to figure out why I would ever want to play an Oracle in Pathfinder as opposed to a Cleric or a Druid. And with such a superficially different spellcaster as a base class how do I get my DM to admit that he just has a stick up his ass when it comes to psionics? I already used the "Is Jean Grey exactly the same as Doctor Strange then?" but he is being obstinate.
:)!

-Acoustic guitar vs Electric guitar, which sounds better?
Electric probably.

-Will our hunger for oil ever end?
Yep when we run out!

Well, I may never get this chance again to get some insight into a Mod :)

1). What is your honest opinion of Serperior
Pretty lame, I chose it as my starter in Black and had a tough time.

2). What is your opinion of my avatar? Epic, Great, Interestion, Cool, So-so, Lame, Magikarp
lol

3). What was the hardest badge that you had achieved?
Team Rater!

This Next Question Defines You As A Person. Answer wisely >.>

What do you think of the Move known as Metronome? In-game, Competitively, and in general?
SHITTY ALL ROUND

adamant or jolly on dpp ou scarfgon?
Jolly of course! Adamant is good if you want to get that extra 7% on Ape with Outrage though.

What's the next tournament you're going to win?
Nothing I'm sh*it...

how many chicks?
Just the one :)

What do you think about the current state of current competitive tournaments on Smogon? Has the competition gotten better or weaker since you started?
Another good question. To be honest I don't really think the quality has changed all that much. The only difference I can think of is that BW has caused a decentralization in tournament winners since it's more of a crapshoot in my opinion. I mean, there will always be a group of people that consistently does well in tournaments, but I don't think we'll see the kind of tournament domination witnessed in early- to mid-DPP ever again.

Did you look up to any battlers when you came to Smogon?
Well when I first joined I only really looked up to the members I knew, which were guys from Teamuber like Stone, Hector, Brian McCann and the like. I also admired Eternal a lot because he was the only person I knew to make Tour finals. The first real time I got involved with Smogon was two WCoPs ago, so I was in awe surrounded by such great players, especially Gouki.

favorite TU moments?
Probably just chatting on xat, I miss those days.

fwould you ever try to revive teamuber? and when do you think that teamuber was at its prime?
I don't think so, there's just not enough popularity. TU was probably at its prime just after I joined in the summer of 2008.

helloooooooooooooooooooooooooo ◠‿◠ iconic!!!
Hellooooooooo Harsha!

who do you love more your girlfriend or blooser? or do you love me more than both of them?
My lady!

edit: also where did you get those .gifs you used to use as avatars??
I got the Avengers one from a random fan website, but I get all my cat ones from pusheen.com

Huh you did IB. The asian brotherhood demands:

Score?
As I mentioned on IRC I threw out my score sheet immediately after I got it, but I think 36 or 37. It wasn't very good if I recall correctly.

Which courses
HL English, HL Bio, HL Chem, SL Calc and Vectors, SL World History, SL Immersion French (A2 I think, I got an IB bilingual diploma for it)

Which course did you like the best
My favourite was probably World History. It was like a big old story, and twentieth century history has always been something I've enjoyed studying.

Which course did you hate the most
Probably Chem because the difference in difficulty between Grade 11 and Grade 12 so massive. Although, it was great preparation for university.

Did you actually enjoy IB? Or was it more of a "fuck this I'm only here to get a score to get a scholarship + easy entrance to uni"
Nah, if I wanted a scholarship and easy entry to university I would have taken easy courses, because Queen's and many other schools don't acknowledge how much more difficult IB is compared to regular Ontario courses. I took it to prepare me for university, which, so far, has worked out pretty well.

what is the first thing you do when you get home
Probably check my email.

have you ever gotten a real papercut
Yes they are quite painful.

what browser do you use and why
Safari because it's pretty fast and I'm too lazy to get another browser.

do you have pets? if so, PICS PLEASE
I've had budgies almost all my life! I don't have any pictures on me, but they are very cute and tame.

pure, milk or white chocolate and why
I like white chocolate in moderation, but milk chocolate if I'm just snacking.

Hi Iconic,

how are you?
Hi Alice! I'm pretty good, just watching some Game of Thrones. It's really cool.

Did you get up with the right foot?
Hmm I don't really know, I usually jump out of bed on two feet because I'm often late for class.

what happens when an irresistible force clashes with an immovable object?
KAAAAABLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAEEEEERRRRRMMMMMMMOOOOOWWWWWWOOOOOOWWWWWW

What would you do if you'd be kidnapped by polar bears?
I'd probably be pretty freaked out, probably try to run away.

If someone hax you IRL, do you ragequit life?
Nah you have to do way more than that to get me to ragequit.

Are you sweet?
I'm a nice boy!

Are you fresh?
so fresh so clean

Are you strung up by the wrists?
IDK what that means . . . I'll say NO

Do you feel loved?
I really do, I'm glad I have a lot of people in my life that I care about and that care for me.

*◠‿◠*
SO CUTE

I wanted to start this out by bringing up some old memories i could find. these aren't all of the best, but they gave me some nice laughs.

hahahaha good stuff

These will usher in a few questions:

dk or tharik?
Um who was dk? DragonKnight? If so him because he was very nice.

favorite old user that isn't around anymore?? why??
cat :(

favorite badge? why?
Tutor because I like to tutor.

opinions on me?
BS STOP ASKING ME THIS

opinions on the BW metagame? how do you think they metagame would have progressed if rain had been banned like it should have round 1?
I think the meta is alright, it's just not as fun as DPP. Rain definitely should not have been banned unless all the other went too, which I think would be a stupid alternative.

big guns 4 lyfe.....
NO r.i.p. dour

do you have any new EDM or dubstep for me?
I don't really listen to dubstep, only casually.

brettmeeink??
Aw I miss that guy, glad you still hear from him on XBL though.

opinion on wasians?
i luv dem :)

XAT4LYFE :)
YEAH!!!!!

How excited are you for The Avengers?
Pretty damn excited, even if the movie itself is bad I'm sure I'll appreciate the fact that it's a crossover of four bad ass movies.

Did you know Omicron's name was also Greg?
I do now! It's a great name I must say.

Best city in Canada?
Ottawa!

Would you take a bullet for Bloo?
Only an IronBullet :)!

How deep will the Ottawa Senators go?
All Da Way Homie

I also want to know the answer to Eraddd's IB questions
READ ABOVE!!

J'attends toujours... =(

!
o ok

how impressed were you when you got AOps on IRC and then banned me?
I don't ban people I'm nice!

What is your opinion of Issey Nakajima-Farran?
I think he has a very interesting name. Google also tells me he's a good Canadian boy who plays soccer in your nice lil country!

don't forget to answer my questions that you missed last time u snippy little shit
wow thats rly mean man

in the bathroom after taking a big poop:

do you fold the toilet paper or crumple it :o
Fold to save paper :)!

1) how can you miss husk but include the worm on best players... smh
Well to be fair I've never really watched husk at all, only during his legendary WCoP runs.

2) favourite book / why?
As mentioned I don't really have one because I don't read for leisure, but I enjoyed 1984 when I read it in my English class in Grade 10.

3) favourite players to watch or battle?
Hmm obviously the classic good players whom I've named multiple times, but I also like to watch people who rage a lot because they provide me with lots of entertainment.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ok, ty iconic!!

ps attn other users (yondie) don't ask dumb questions like "what do you think of me?" it is annoying and pathetic and embarrassing okay!!

st& by for well #34 ~ ~ #

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)