The Well #33 - ◠‿◠

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Huh, based on your picture, you and I wore the exact same outfit, except my sweater was charcoal. But I digress.

Will you finally admit the Vancouver Canucks are stronger than the terrible Ottawa team?

Is your dad the stereotypical asian dad?

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It's in your avatar so

Who is your favourite avenger, and why?

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
how do you manage to balance studying and partying?

what is your favorite dog breed?

Zak or Krack?

iconique ◠‿◠

in your opinion, what's the most consistent playstyle? favorite weather at bw ou?

what was the worst thing you have done while drunk? have you ever played for a smogon tournament while on hangover?

Windsong

stumbling down elysian fields
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
how much more do you love me than stone
how much more do you love me than arin
why are the answers to the above two questions not bigger numbers

What is the origin of ◠‿◠?
I came across a hilarious thread where az edited all the posts to ridiculous smiley faces, and I was looking for a smiley face to post on IRC to troll someone. Needless to say I really liked it so I used it more because it's a very pleasant face and people need to smile more!

How long did it take you to get "good" at competitive Pokemon?
I was pretty average for a year and a half, and it wasn't until Stone_Cold and Sweepage gave me their best teams that I started to understand the deeper theory of competitive Pokemon. Sometimes all it takes to get really good is a good team. They tell you a lot about the game.

What is your favorite tier of all timez?
Good question. I'd probably say DPP Ubers pre-Arecus because it's the tier I feel like I'm the best at relative to others and also happens to be the one I played the most prior to the release of BW. I also love DPP OU and DPP UU just as much though. Gen 4 was just a great Gen! ADV is actually very fun and very balanced, I'm just not experienced enough in it to be really good.

How terrible is atticus at this game?
Awful . . . . . . . . . Just kidding of course, he was one of the best DPPers and is surprisingly good at BW, despite what you might think after last year's WCoP XD

If you had the opportunity of permabanning one person in this site, who would that be?
I ain't saying you Snippy Little Shit

Do you own a snowmobile?
Nope, I live in the city. My family in the country do though.

Do you fear The Avengers will turn out to be a huge flop?
YES! It's a major concern. I actually don't expect it to be a fantastic movie because it'll be so complicated to intertwine the multiple plot lines, but I'm just excited because I love superhero movies.

Did you know you're the cutest asian I've ever met in this site (better than Chester)?
No I did not, I thank you for your kind words!

hey iconic! we've been friends for a while and you have even been included in some eo xx cicada fanfic. i had no idea that you were 5'8. I still have to make short jokes though. i'll just repress this memory i guess
Good to hear from ya Bad Ass. Yes sadly I'm pretty short, but 5'8'' isn't that bad. Maybe I'm pushing 5'9'' these days, who knows...

question time, though!
who is your favorite pokemon player? not necessarily the best, but the one with the style/flair/skill that you like most
Gouki probably. He and Earthworm were probably the two best DPP players, and it was always fun to see what he'd bring out for big games. I think another factor that plays into it was that Gouki had a really chill attitude, and had more than enough swag to pass around.

who is the technical best pokemon player?
Again, Gouki and Earthworm. I might give the edge to Earthworm on this one because of his prolificness across the various Generations and tiers, but they're both probably the two most sound players I've watched.

what was your 1st pokemon game + starter?
My brother and I shared Pokemon Gold the week it was released and chose a Cyndaquil together!

Which is your favorite pokemon game?
Probably Pokemon Gold, as it was the first game I bought and also the one I invested the most time in. I remember having all but three Pokemon in the Pokedex (I was missing like Umbreon, Mew, and Mewtwo lol) when my game crashed and stopped saving :(.

Which is your favorite videogame of all time?
Surprisingly I'm not much of a gamer, so again I'd have to say Pokemon Gold. I used to play Guitar Hero sometimes, so maybe that series too. I never really got into Zelda or Sonic or anything of that nature.

describe the methods you go to in order to keep the fact you play pokemon hidden
rofl I have so damn many, here are a few good ones:
- I renamed the program Pokemon Online to PO and changed to icon to that of Time Machine
- I store all my Pokemon files in one folder. This folder is located here: Users --> Greg --> Documents --> High School --> Grade 8 --> Misc --> Spanish --> Misc --> Chemistry
- Because I live in a dorm, I lock my door and refuse to answer it when I'm in the middle of an important game

where do you think the following people are right now

iggylow
IAC
iris
squirtleboy12
Hahahahaha waddup cat, I miss you friend.

Iggylow - in Canadian Arctic fighting polar bears
IAC - if he hasn't been murdered then I guess chilling in his house in Saudi (that's where he's from right?)
Iris - probably posting on my VMs, good thing this lil guy is still around
sb12 - lol I honestly hope he's okay, that guy scared me on many occasions

Please come back!

Do your friends/family/girlfriend know about smogon?
Only my roommate. I do plan on telling my girlfriend soon...

Canada winning the World Cup this year?
You'd better believe it.

Are you going to come to TO for a smogon meetup sometime? :3
Yeah I'd definitely be down. I'd honestly like to meet some Smogoners some time in my life. Drinks on Jackal when we win this summer!

where has your tongue been today
/me licks Fatecrashers

what is your favorite cartoon
I used to love Knights of the Zodiac when I was little, but of all time it'd probably have to be Pokemon. I think I've seen every episode from the first series to around ADV. Also ARTHUR.

what is your opinion on cryogonal
Pretty bad Pokemon, good concept though.

would you come to vancouver if you could
Of course! I don't travel a lot unfortunately, but Vancouver is definitely a place I'd like to visit.

Leafs>Sens. j/s.
LOL

Do you support baseball at all?
Yeah I do. Jays are looking pretty good this year, and the playoff expansion will definitely help them. Not sure if they'll make it to the postseason this year, but I think they probably will by 2013. If you're talking recreation, I throw around with my friend almost every day now that the weather is good. Throwing a baseball around is probably one of my favourite pastimes, actually!

Favourite team you've built?
Hmmmm that's tricky, probably Layla. I actually don't build a lot of teams, I usually just swap cores or individual Pokemon. Funny fact, in SPL I used Layla for my first six or seven matches, I just alternated a few cores, using Latios / Blaziken / Conk / etc.

Favourite team you've used?
BlueBlur's DPP SpecsJolt team, which is largely attributed to me because I've been pretty successful with it. I didn't contribute to the construction of the team at all, BB basically just gave it to me and was like "have fun". He's a great teambuilder and a great dude.

Thoughts on Canadian involvement in Afghanistan?
I don't know enough about the issue to formulate a reasonable opinion.

Best fatecrashers avatar?
da hot gurl :)

Favourite manga and why?
No joke I don't read a single manga and never have!

what a copout response
I had no choice, I don't know maple syrup brands!

Have you started rooting against Chris Bosh since you found out he was on my fantasy basketball roster?
I just root against him because, as the mascot of the Toronto Raptors, I find it cruel how he just abandoned the team.

give me your 5 favorite movies that i probably havent seen
I watch a lot of movies, but you've definitely seen them all. I don't have a very 'sophisticated' sense in movies, but some I really liked are Letters From Iwo Jima, Anchorman, X-Men First Class, The King's Speech, Superbad, and Gladiator. Can't really think of much more off the top of my head.

How do you feel being smaller than me even if you're like 4 years older? :toast:
:)!

Do you like me even though i'm annoying? :toast:
:)!

Do you like soccer?
Yeah I love it, it's my favourite sport to play. I just don't follow professional leagues. I had to stop playing when I broke my arm (which coincided with my discovery of Pokemon), and I regret not continuing playing because it was a lot of fun and I was pretty good.

What is your favourite brazilian smogoner? (hanke doesn't count because he's the favourite brazilian smogoner of everyone)
reyscarface XD!!!!!!!

Bluewind

Who do you think will win this edition of the smogon tour?
If I compete regularly I might have a chance, but Pokemon is a crapshoot so you can't predict who will win. I don't think I can play each weekend though.

Do you like the GIF in my signature?
lol it's pretty good

First things first, I think you should reconsider your relationship with Bloo. I've got scientific proof that it'll end badly.

Well F*UCK, guess I'll be talking to Bloo tonight...

Next, 5 reasons why you think Canada is the best country in the world.
- I broke my arm, got two casts and didn't pay a cent
- we have great Pokemon players!
- people are nice :)
- hockey, Elisha Cuthbert, more hot girls
- ME!!!!!!!!!!

Finally, what's the most fun you've ever had playing Pokemon and what's the least fun?
The most fun I have playing Pokemon is when I play my pals after spamming IRC looking for a battle. There's no pressure to win, it's just pure enjoyment. It also lets me play tiers that I rarely get to play anymore, like DPP Ubers or DPP UU.

What is the coolest-looking badge on Smogon and who has the prettiest badgeset?
DAMN so many badge questions, I'm not THAT vain. Coolest looking badge is TD and jumpluff has the best badgeset.

you're obviously a very funny guy :toast:, do you ever find your 'cute' posting style to be at odds with the at times super serious attitude of smogon, or do you think you've found an equilibrium?
Wow haha, you described my internet personality very eloquently in one sentence; I'm extremely impressed! Anyways, I try to just have fun on the internet because it's more or less a break from real life, which explains my at ease personality I suppose. I don't mind getting serious when I need to though.

Opinions on Wiz Khalifa
bad

Opinions on Hugendugen
Don't know him too well, I used to play him a lot on the Shoddy ladder. Good DPP Uber stall player.

Who will win March Madness?
March Madness is hardly even covered in Canada so I don't know what's happening at all. Is Duke still in? They have a funny lacrosse team.

What will the new Kyurem forme's ability be?
Magic Guard I hope!

This seems like a pretty typical talking point thrown out by every person somewhat "disenfranchised" by the direction any organization tends to take.

Name me 5 issues that have caused you to be disenfranchised, how you would have resolved them yourself, and why you believe they weren't resolved as such.
I believe that the way in which the Tiering Contributor badges were removed marginalized a large portion of competitive Pokemon circle, leading a great deal of resentment within this camp. I wholeheartedly agreed with the notion of removing the badges from inactive users, but the way in which this was executed, and especially the manner that the concerns were addressed (as admitted by yourself), were extremely disheartening. By simply wiping away 50+ badges and initially refusing to acknowledge that the contributions made by extremely important figures in the community's history were in fact significant, it just went to show that, despite how many threads are posted in Inside Scoop encouraging us to sing Kumbaya and be friends, there is still an immense disconnect between the decision makers and competitive players.

I have plenty more issues I'd love to bring to your attention, but I'd rather not bring up individual names in this cornucopia of happiness. If you are indeed interested in my opinion on the matter, I implore you to PM me on IRC.

worst admin on smogon?
BLOO!!!!!!!!!

is canada doomed this year?
Absolutely not, I will die by our flag. We also have Krack and little willy boy to lead us to victory. Hopefully franky will be willing to play too. Get Gouki back btw!

favourite office episode?
I almost cried watching Goodbye Michael, so that one is obviously up there. The name of the episode escapes me at the moment, but I was in hysterics watching the basketball episode in Season 1. The Office is such an amazing series that there's always something good in every episode.

sens to lose in 4 or 5 games round 1?
u seem 2 hav spel WIN wrong so i say win in 4 ALL SERIES

hi iconic its me badabing .

i always think u are one of the top player dpp bw and like to see ur battles, but who players do u like to see? who do u think is win tour 13?
Hey bada, thanks for the compliments my friend. I like to watch pretty much all the classic players like Krack, Bloo, rey, Bluewind, and so on, but it's equally fun watching people like xtrashine, Noodlez, and yourself because you guys tend to use the weidest but coolest teams.

I have no clue who will win ST13, since the playoffs usually comes down to who is the least unlucky. I'd like to see either Bluewind or Krack win because they are the two who deserve a trophy the most in my opinion.

how good is ur vision?
Pretty good, maybe close to 20/20! I've never needed glasses or anything, but staring at the computer all day certainly can't be good for me.

wat is ur most instense moment ever in pokemon battle?
Hmmm there are definitely several, but my SPL2 semis game with Eternal stands out. He outplayed me all game and had a huge team advantage, but I came back to the point where I could win if I hit 3 straight Focus Blasts. The odds were definitely not in my favour, and the second one missed so I lost, but it was definitely a great game that came down to the wire.

wat is ur favorite metagame for play?
Any DPP meta, whether it be OU, UU or Ubers.

wat music are u listened to?
I listen from everything ranging from Prog to Metal to Folk to Classic Rock. My favourite band ever is Bloc Party, and hopefully I'll be able to see them in Montreal this summer. From looking at my Recently Played playlist, some of my current favourite bands include TV on the Radio, Foals, blink-182, Death From Above 1979, Mastodon, The Mars Volta, Tokyo Police Club, Alexisonfire, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Who, Interpol and Circa Survive.

What are you planning on doing with your math major? Hope it's not hosting SPL.
I'm not entirely sure if I want to major in Math, but if I do, I'll probably waste all my time doing nerdy little proofs all day with no time to host SPL. I don't know what direction I want to take after undergrad, which worries me about majoring in Math, so I haven't discounted doing Chemistry or Biology yet.

Do you ever get the feeling that people are quicker to respond to criticism than to more pertinent issues?
Hahahahaha unfortunately yes, but hey what can you do!

Has the prospect of marriage occurred to you, and if not, when do you think it will?
Yeah definitely. I've actually talked to it a few times with my girlfriend and we're more or less on the same page. Four years is a damn long time, longer that a lot of parents dated prior to marriage (mine included), but I think it's important to have an established career (or be close to it) before jumping into marriage. Who knows, maybe I'll get married once I graduate from university, but I'll still hopefully be attending grad school.

Huh, based on your picture, you and I wore the exact same outfit, except my sweater was charcoal. But I digress.
Red is the superior colour, although I'm sure you looked mighty fine in said sweater.

Will you finally admit the Vancouver Canucks are stronger than the terrible Ottawa team?
screw you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ottawa Senators: 2012 Stanley Cup Champions

Is your dad the stereotypical asian dad?
He exhibits a lot of stereotypical Asian dad behaviours, but he's a pretty chill dude. He pushes me pretty hard in school, but he's really fair and understands when I struggle. He loves rice though.

It's in your avatar so

Who is your favourite avenger, and why?
I'm not actually a big comic book fan, I just kind of read synopses on Wikipedia. I'd say Iron Man because Tony Stark is a fucking baller and does whatever the shit he wants. It'd be cool to have energy blasts coming out of your palms too.

how do you manage to balance studying and partying?
Wow, this man, franky, has taken the time out of his obscenely busy schedule to post in the well of a simple, uninteresting individual such as myself. I am honoured by your presence, sir.

YO waddup f my boy. I probably don't spend as much time studying as I should, but I get a lot of work done on weekends. I've found in university marks depend almost entirely on exam marks, so I tend to coast through yearly assignments and go extremely hard before exams.

what is your favorite dog breed?
Bernese Mountain Dogs! Also Labradoodles are awesome

Zak or Krack?
Damn, hard ass choice. Krack because cnd but I love Zak!

Opinions on the BW OU metagame?
Not as bad as people say it is, but not as fun as DPP. Too many threats to cover.

Favorite food?
STEAK

Favorite show?
The Office

sup bro, how's it going

Folgorio

I KickTehAss
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
wtf happend to the wolves in spl

if you coulda decided the 5 ppl to be in the bw ou council, who would you have picked (dont include yourslf)

what music do you listen to

best moment in your life

what happens if you drop a lightsaber in a pool

are you religous? if so (or even if not) do you think there were termites in noahs ark??

whats gonna happen on dec 21

Best Smogon Moment You've Had

whats been the angriest moment of your entire life

add me on fb...plz...

this question may sound weird because i don't know exactly how to phrase it, but i really like the way you write. is your writing style just a natural thing, or did you develop it through a lot of practice?

what is the #1 thing you'd change about smogon given the chance?

what would be your ideal occupation if money isn't a concern?

lowest moment of your life?

one thing, that if you could go back in time, you would tell your 14 year old self?

one thing you for sure want to do before you die?

is it true Canadians use hockey sticks as utensils?

do you drink maple syrup?

where do I hide the body?

Well, I wanted to ask more stuff.

Which is your favorite music album?

Do you believe in life after death?

I think I'm done with that

objectively your top 20 bw players doesnt have to be in order

did you know i love kicking you and calling you a (BAN ME PLEASE) on a daily basis?

when i go up to canada will you come say hi to me? (very important i'll be crushed if you say no :[ )

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Do you know the word Hapa?

and more recently

And if so, are you hapa??? (also, what hapa?)

EDIT: I need to read the OP

I'm a biracial half-Chinese and half-Caucasian student finishing up my first year of university here in the glorious nation of Canada.
*head desk* There must be many hapa people in Canada though, with so many whites and asians.

k then...

What's your favorite Chinese food? What province of China do your folks come from?

Shii

zap
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I think we are kinda alike because I never post and when I try posting in a 4m I always end up not posting or deleting it 5 minutes after posting ;-;
Onto the questions though.

If you were faced with a girl who is taller than you, what would you do?

Who was the hardest person you ever tutored?

And I think I read something about French fluency, so I'll indulge you with this freshly translated question. Que penses-tu des Québécois?

RODAN

Banned deucer.
hi iconic!!!

why am i the best canadian

who is your favourite famous canadian

do you like poutine

How did you get discover the world of competitive Pokemon battling? Why did you stick with it over any other games you may have tried in your teenage nerd-development years?

What is your goal in life? Answer this as broadly as you wish but discussion about how you weight certain "objectives" is appreciated.

What do you do outside of Pokemon and "hanging out with friends"?

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
show off my French fluency
Je ne vous connais pas et je n'aurais même pas porté attention à ce fil si on n'avait pas attiré mon attention vers ce court passage.

J'associerais "fluency" à un état avancé de bilinguisme, plus poussé qu'une simple connaissance fonctionnelle de la langue. Personnellement, je refuse toujours, à ce jour, de me considérer "fluent" en anglais et rejetterai probablement le qualificatif tant que je n'aurai pas l'impression que celui-ci est d'un niveau comparable à mon français. Lorsque je parlerai et écrirai l'anglais sans hésitation, sans questionnement, sans doute, alors je serai probablement finalement "fluent".

Donc, permettez-moi d'être étonné qu'un 'English Canadian', bien qu'il soit d'Ottawa où le bilinguisme est un peu plus chose courante, se targue de parler couramment les deux langues officielles d'un pays qui n'a jamais vraiment été bilingue au-delà de ses institutions.

Mes questions: comment et pourquoi avez-vous appris le français et quelles sont les raisons, selon vous, pour lesquelles l'écrasante majorité des Canadiens Anglais juge l'apprentissage de l'autre langue officielle comme étant chose inutile.

Quelle chanson française vous apprêtiez-vous à chanter?

Veuillez, je vous prie, répondre en français.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
would you rather be wholly white or wholly asian?

opinions on the british?

opinions on philip7086? (lolfag)

when was the last time you played guitar hero? (i SWEAR it was you who i used to talk to about it like 3 years ago)

5 favourite bands? help me beef up my itunes some more!

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
b-lulz is terrible at life do you agree?

am i your favourite brit user?

which 5 cities in the world would you love to visit most?

can you draw me a picture of a cubchoo please?

top 10 cutest mons?

best usernames on smogon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)