The Well #33 - ◠‿◠

Status
Not open for further replies.
More questions all around and some IRC slaps to go with them:

-What did you think of me when I first started talking on IRC?

-Are you eventually going to take over for Earthworm directing tournaments?

Also get your ass to Wonderland sometime soon, they just had their Giga-Coaster open:
[youtube]DicwEw_qW9g[/youtube]

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm trying to figure out why I would ever want to play an Oracle in Pathfinder as opposed to a Cleric or a Druid. And with such a superficially different spellcaster as a base class how do I get my DM to admit that he just has a stick up his ass when it comes to psionics? I already used the "Is Jean Grey exactly the same as Doctor Strange then?" but he is being obstinate.

Well, I may never get this chance again to get some insight into a Mod :)

1). What is your honest opinion of Serperior
2). What is your opinion of my avatar? Epic, Great, Interestion, Cool, So-so, Lame, Magikarp
3). What was the hardest badge that you had achieved?

This Next Question Defines You As A Person. Answer wisely >.>

What do you think of the Move known as Metronome? In-game, Competitively, and in general?

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
What do you think about the current state of current competitive tournaments on Smogon? Has the competition gotten better or weaker since you started?

Did you look up to any battlers when you came to Smogon?

favorite TU moments?

would you ever try to revive teamuber? and when do you think that teamuber was at its prime?

iconique ◠‿◠

in your opinion, what's the most consistent playstyle? favorite weather at bw ou?
Hi Revver! ◠‿◠

Most consistent playstyle is probably bulky sand / sand stall; it's been that way since BW started. I say that because it's probably the most diverse style and it's insanely hard to break. For a while I thought rain stall was the best, but that was when it was sort of 'new', but I've found it to be sort of unreliable.

Favourite weather is rain offense. I'll probably post a RMT of my rain offense team when I'm not lazy as hell.

what was the worst thing you have done while drunk? have you ever played for a smogon tournament while on hangover?
lol I'm a really tame drunk, so nothing really sticks out. I've definitely played a few games hungover, and some even while still intoxicated. I'm pretty sure I lost all of them!

da FUK?! you have half an inch on me boy, we're both hobbits. except i'm a leader and you're a sidekick.

question: do you cup jackal's balls when you perform fellatio?
No Phil, 5'8" - 5'2"" =/= half an inch :(!

Yes, I only perform the best fellatio!

/me pet zak and krack
/me poops on phil

how much more do you love me than stone
NAH

how much more do you love me than arin
NO

why are the answers to the above two questions not bigger numbers
cuz

How was your time as a Battousai Assassin?
It was pretty awesome. We sure tore up Marriland pretty badly. I still think I have my Assassin banner, so maybe it'll make an appearance in my signature soon.

LOL classic..........

wtf happend to the wolves in spl
Honestly I wish I could answer this, because it's still a mystery to me as well. I mean, obviously we didn't get the breaks we had hoped for, but it's just strange how such a strong team on paper could just tank so badly. I don't think anyone would debate that, on paper, our team was extremely good (I believe Earthworm even said that it was the best team on paper in his Competitor interview), but we just underachieved so hard. Sure, maybe we could have been better as a team, but we still did all the testing and building that you'd expect in SPL. I don't think that anyone could have predicted that a team with VIL, GP, IB93, rey, bada, etc etc would only have two people who played regularly with records above .500.

if you coulda decided the 5 ppl to be in the bw ou council, who would you have picked (dont include yourslf)
This is a pretty cool question. From an objective standpoint, I'd say Jabba, Bloo, Earthworm, ToF and Eo.

what music do you listen to
I answered this in response to badabing, but I have a pretty broad taste in music, but I guess it's mainly Rock-based.

best moment in your life
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm I have no idea, probably something really gushy related to my girlfriend that you guys don't need to / want to know about!

what happens if you drop a lightsaber in a pool
Depends how clean the water is!

are you religous? if so (or even if not) do you think there were termites in noahs ark??
My religious experiences so far in my life have been pretty weird, so I guess I'll need to explain this a bit. To preface this story, my mother is Catholic and my father is agnostic (or atheist, I'm not sure!). My mom wanted to baptize my siblings and me when we were born, but my dad was adamantly against this and wouldn't let her, stating that it should be our choice whether or not we wanted to be indoctrinated into the church. I'm quite happy that my dad stood by his principles because now that I'm smart enough to decide for myself, I feel no urge to become baptized.

When I was younger, my mom would bring my to church every single Sunday. Even though I wasn't baptized I'd still go and listen to the sermons because hey my mom was forcing me to! It was kind of funny, because even at a young age I was sort of freaked out by the notion of church, since I thought that people chanting prayers sounded like lifeless zombies. An astute observation for a six-year old! Anyways when I moved to Ottawa when I was 10 I stopped going to church, and I entered a phase of really strong atheism, probably as a response to having gone to church so frequently. It took me a few years, but eventually I got to a stage where I'm like fuck atheism that's as stupid as being a religious nut, so I'm pretty comfortable in stating that I'm agnostic. I get a lot of 'lazy man's atheist' comments, but I think agnosticism is a pretty sound belief, especially considering I went through a period of atheism before I arrived to this place.

whats gonna happen on dec 21
We're going to anxiously await opening our presents four days later, and then Christmas will come and we will be jolly and swell :)!

Best Smogon Moment You've Had
I'd say winning a Smogon Tour, because I had tried for a while to no avail. It also got me back into DPP which has been fun!

whats been the angriest moment of your entire life
Alright cuddle up by the fire for story time!

In the full IB program for high school, you have to write this 4000-5000 word extended essay on top of all the course work you're assigned. The night before it was due, I stayed up until 5 a.m. to put all the finishing touches on it, so the next day at school, I was fucking exhausted. It was a Friday, and after school that day I had to go to Toronto to see a Biology lecture my teacher guilt tripped me into attending, so I was not looking forward to that at all.

Anyways, after classes ended, I went down to my locker to get my stuff ready. A few kids were throwing around this plastic ball that was around the size of a soccer ball, the ones we used to play with as a kid. They were annoying pretty much everyone in the locker room but they were stupid kids so they didn't care. As I was carrying my books to put in my book bag (it was on a bench a few feet away from my locker), one of the kids kicked the ball and it flew across the locker room and hit me square in the face. I dropped all the stuff I was carrying and almost fell over, so naturally everyone was concerned and tried helped me up. I kind of just ignored everyone because I was so unbelievably tired, so I just started picking up my books again. Seconds later, the EXACT same kid picked up the ball again, and aiming at someone a few lockers down from me (who was unfortunately a subject to quite a lot of bullying), whipped the ball, once again, square in my face, making me drop all my books again and I fell over. I stood up, looked at him, and screamed louder than I had ever screamed before: "WILL YOU PLEASE FUCK OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". The entire locker room fell dead silent, and I got insanely embarrassed, so I just went back to packing up. Naturally the idiot that was throwing the ball around stopped and went to his locker, and my friends and I joked around a bit about my apparent anger management problems, which was nice because it lightened the mood. People were actually happy that I told off the kid, because he was probably the most arrogant and least liked person in my entire grade. I felt pretty bad after, and being the pussy that I am I apologized to him a few days later (something I definitely should not have done, but alas I am quite the apologetic type). That was probably the only time in my entire life I've ever screamed out of anger, since I'm a pretty friendly fellow who tends to avoid conflicts. I can't say it didn't feel good though!

add me on fb...plz...
Maybe when I quit.

this question may sound weird because i don't know exactly how to phrase it, but i really like the way you write. is your writing style just a natural thing, or did you develop it through a lot of practice?
That's a pretty humbling compliment, so thank you very much for that! I feel like I've always had a pretty good grasp on the English language, and the many essays and labs I wrote in high school definitely improved my writing skills. Interestingly enough, the I've spent on Smogon has also improved my writing skills, as reading and writing various analyses and chatting on IRC has been a good way to boost my vocabulary and writing skills. Unfortunately I still make a ton of stupid grammar mistakes whilst typing online because I type really fast and tend not to look over what I say!

what is the #1 thing you'd change about smogon given the chance?
Probably greater communication between the leadership and the contributors.

what would be your ideal occupation if money isn't a concern?
This is going to sound pretty weird, but I'd like to do something to help the elderly or young impoverished children. I haven't really thought it out, but it's something I'll hopefully be able to get involved with in the future. I already volunteer at a children's hospital, but it'd be cool if I was able to make a profession out of it.

lowest moment of your life?
When I was three, I received open heart surgery because I was born with a congenital heart defect that caused there to be a hole in between my two ventricles. The surgery was really invasive and dangerous, but I was lucky that everything went well and I was able to grow up normally with no physical impediments. The summer going into Grade 12, I had one of my standard check ups, but things were kind of weird because they kept making me take new tests and my doctor was kind of dancing around the questions I was asking him. Eventually he sat me down and told me that it appeared as if patch covering the hole had reopened, and that they would need to do a more thorough examination a week later to obtain conclusive results.

That night I went home and had probably the only break down in my life when I was showering. Not only was I scared that I was going to die, I panicked because I came to the realization that I was only 16 years old and hadn't really accomplished anything meaningful in my life. I wanted more time to live, I wanted to do something with my life, I wanted to grow old with the people I loved. This was obviously an extreme overreaction, but the concerns were fairly justifiable in my eyes because the initial procedure had only something like a 50% success rate, and so a follow up procedure would inherently be even more dangerous.

A week later I went back to the hospital to get a transesophageal echocardiogram, which, in layman's terms, means they put this skinny tube down my throat to get a clearer ultrasound of my heart since the esophagus runs directly behind the heart. They got the results almost immediately, so when I woke up from the procedure my doctor told me everything was alright and that the patch was still in place, which was hands down the most relieving moment of my life. Also, funny story, the procedure was only about 15 minutes, and I woke up almost immediately after they had finished so the anesthesia had just worn off. I was pretty groggy and started singing to the nurses for reasons beyond my comprehension, which was pretty embarrassing!

Anyways, basically what I'm trying to say is that the prospect of facing death freaked me out absolutely immensely because I was so young. It's something that I hope no one else here ever has to face.

one thing, that if you could go back in time, you would tell your 14 year old self?
I'd probably tell myself not to goof off so much in university, and not to invest too much time in competitive Pokemon! I don't regret the time I've spent on Smogon, but I've probably been here longer than I should.

one thing you for sure want to do before you die?
I'd like to visit China and maybe visit the world. I've always thought it was weird that I've never been to China despite my heritage.

What is your name lol
Greg, pleasure to meet you!

Do you speak Chinese?
I used to understand Cantonese because my family friends would speak it to me as a kid, but I lost it when I was like 3 lol.

is it true Canadians use hockey sticks as utensils?
I'm sure some do.

do you drink maple syrup?
Never straight up, but they are the perfect compliment to pancakes!

where do I hide the body?
Somewhere where no one will find it :)!

What is the funniest story that has ever happened to you irl?
This is pretty hard to answer because I laugh so frequently that I forget a lot of the funny things that happen to me. It was probably one of those 'had to be there moments', but a pretty funny story I have is that my friend and I got my Chemistry teacher to flip the fuck out because we didn't do our homework to the point that he kicked my entire class out. It doesn't sound funny when I explain it, but it was pretty funny at the time because he asked my friend and I to write an answer on the board, so I was dictating to my friend what to write as he wrote on the board, although neither of us had done the homework. It was some random heat capacity problem, so I told him to write MCAT on the board (A being the delta symbol as you know), and he actually wrote it with an A which made me burst out laughing. This unfortunately got our teacher's attention, who proceeded to rip us to shreds, questioning our work ethic and whatnot. The two of us were almost always in the top 5 averages in my year, so he kept going on about how disappointed he was in us. More of a half-funny half-sad story I guess, but I still think it was pretty amusing!

Which is your favorite music album?
Silent Alarm by Bloc Party. I know all the lyrics to every song and I could listen to it all day.

Do you believe in life after death?
I don't really know. I suppose there could be life, but I don't think it's really probable. I guess I'll find out when I die!

objectively your top 20 bw players doesnt have to be in order
Bloo, Bluewind, reyscarface, Heist, Golden Sun, Snunch, Krack, franky, Folgorio, McMeghan, Eternal, idiotfrommars, wilson46, Eo Ut Mortus, Nachos, panamaxis, Ojama, imperfectluck, Philip7086, Noodlez

Pretty hard to judge because BW is such a weird meta, but there you go.

did you know i love kicking you and calling you a (BAN ME PLEASE) on a daily basis?
that's not nice

when i go up to canada will you come say hi to me? (very important i'll be crushed if you say no :[ )
Probably not lol

Do you know the word Hapa?
I'm not going to lie, I've never heard of the term, so I Googled it before you made your edit hehe.

And if so, are you hapa??? (also, what hapa?)
yup yup half-Chinese and half-Canadian/white/Caucasian/whatever

*head desk* There must be many hapa people in Canada though, with so many whites and asians.
XD

I actually know quite a few half-Asians. Of the 40 people on my floor in my dorm, 3 are half-Asian, and my girlfriend is actually half-Asian, weirdly enough lol.

What's your favorite Chinese food? What province of China do your folks come from?
I'm not sure if it's strictly Chinese food but my dad always gets barbecue duck from Chinatown and it's absolutely delicious with rice noodles. My emigrated from Hong Kong after high school.

ahhhhhhhhh wakwakwlerljkawmef i'll finish the rest soon

helloooooooooooooooooooooooooo ◠‿◠ iconic!!!

who do you love more your girlfriend or blooser? or do you love me more than both of them?

edit: also where did you get those .gifs you used to use as avatars??

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Huh you did IB. The asian brotherhood demands:

Score?

Which courses

Which course did you like the best

Which course did you hate the most

Did you actually enjoy IB? Or was it more of a "fuck this I'm only here to get a score to get a scholarship + easy entrance to uni"

what is the first thing you do when you get home

have you ever gotten a real papercut

what browser do you use and why

do you have pets? if so, PICS PLEASE

pure, milk or white chocolate and why

Alice

The worst taste in music
Hi Iconic,

how are you?

Did you get up with the right foot?

what happens when an irresistible force clashes with an immovable object?

What would you do if you'd be kidnapped by polar bears?

If someone hax you IRL, do you ragequit life?

Are you sweet?

Are you fresh?

Are you strung up by the wrists?

Do you feel loved?

*◠‿◠*

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I wanted to start this out by bringing up some old memories i could find. these aren't all of the best, but they gave me some nice laughs.

These will usher in a few questions:

dk or tharik?

favorite old user that isn't around anymore?? why??

favorite badge? why?

opinions on me?

opinions on the BW metagame? how do you think they metagame would have progressed if rain had been banned like it should have round 1?

big guns 4 lyfe.....

do you have any new EDM or dubstep for me?

brettmeeink??

opinion on wasians?

XAT4LYFE :)

sorry friends i've been really busy the past few days, i have a few more things to do but i promise i'll get to this tomorrow night (tonight??? idk havent slept woooooops)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)