The everyday strangeness in YOU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a low self esteem, so everything i do i find weird. :(

i can't cross my legs properly, so i just curl up my legs when i'm sitting on the floor and i take up a huge amount of room. hopefully it's just because of my long legs and not because of me not being flexible

i can't throw a football properly (i can throw it far, it just looks really awkward when i throw it), i run in a really strange way, i have huge bags under my eyes, i'm pale, i crack my neck/back/elbows a lot, at least 10 times a day, and my face always goes red at some of the weirdest time.

:(

I chew my fingernails unintentionally until there's nothing left to grab on to :[

Also, I chew, like a cow or something, when I'm thinking, but not when I'm eating? and I'm always tripping over myself, like, I cannot walk ten steps without a weird balance shift, and my walking is erratic and easy to laugh at. :]

I bite off the inside of my gums unconciously.

I can sprint fairly fast, but I look like a girl when I do.

I haven't been angry for the last 3 years.

Finally, if i'm asked a question when i'm spacing out, I answer with something having to do with donuts. (I do this embarrisingly often during class)

i will randomly start making beats and beat box to my self. Kids in class get really pissed once i start doing. Kids in AP classes need to lighten up. But when i'm around my friends and do it they don't find it weird but join in with me. One day me and about 4 of my friends had a sick beat going with all of us chiming in. We recorded it but the recording came out shitty.

Hmm. I dance a lot. Like I'll be walking down the street downtown and start strobing and shit. And when I'm at bus stations, I perform like 30 second popping sets for people at the red light. I've actually had people honk at me and like give me thumbs up. I moonwalk whenever I go backwards. Like if I walk past a door I was supposed to go into, I'll moonwalk back.

I also crack my knuckles, neck, back, legs, arms, toes, shoulders, etc. My body cracks all the time, whether I want it to or not.

I spit when I smoke, and some people think that's really gross. I can control it, and I obviously don't spit around girls, but it's just a habit. I can see how it would be gross though.

I also beat box and rap randomly sometimes, like tmnt boy. I beat box and think freestyles in my head. I'm incredibly egotistical, but when you have hobbies like mine, you almost have to be. This is the thing about me that pisses people off. I'm not a very modest or nice person around people I don't respect. I'm basically just a self-obsessed sarcastic douche around anyone I don't like (there aren't many, but there are a few). I'm usually a nice guy, but yeah. I've always had a huge ego.

Also, whenever I'm getting ready for anything involving like performance or competition (chess game, speech, play, dance, wrestling, etc.) I do the same basic thing. I lightly jog in circles around the playing area while everything gets set up. It helps me center myself, but it looks really out of place when people are backstage saying tongue twisters, or stretching, or just sitting still.

I have a tendency to daydream in the middle of class, even when there is something interesting happening. >_<

I also have been told I am "double jointed" because I can crack my ankle at will. [50 times in a row before I got bored]

I used to get angry at the slightest thing that pissed me off, now when I get angry I just go "Meh" and I remain calm.

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
About every five minutes i smell my hands, and i drink about 2 jugs of tropical punch/lemonade(combined), nothing else, every day because i dont really like plain water.

1. I pace a lot

2. I have a very overactive imagination. Everyday I daydream a new episode of a Japanese anime type show I cam up with a few years ago. Once I got so wrapped into it that when I came out of the "trance" I thought that maybe I had accidentally muttered some of the dialog out loud that I thought had been going on in my mind.

3. I used to be very paranoid, almost to an unhealthy point. In 7th grade I was embarrassed all the time because I thought that someone was listening to my thoughts. However this again was because due to my overactive imagination I sometimes thought that I had accidentally said out loud what I was thinking.

4. I enter stages where I am very obsessed with something (usually out of nostalgia). I usually act on impulse once I get an obsession for something. I recently had a great desire to buy all the original manga chapters of Yu-Gi-Oh. I was prepared to spend however much they all cost but luckily due to a lack of a credit card was not able to and the obsession passed.

5. I have a slow growth rate and I am only 90 pounds and 5'1 at age 14. Luckily thanks to modern day technology, doctors have been able to determine that my growth rate is only slowed down and that I will become a normal height and weight, but just at a slower rate than my peers.

6. My low weight is due to my lightning fast metabolism. I eat nonstop. I have 2-3 snacks during my break period during school. A huge lunch consisting of a huge sandwich and a3-4 snacks. I have a snack when I get home. I have a small lunch at 5:00 (medium sized and no snacks), then I have dinner, an after dinner snack, then at 10:00 I will have another small meal (medium sized portion of food, no snacks). If I can't fall asleep by 11:30 I might have a late night snack.

I eat like this 24/7 and I have never gain weight. In fact, I actually lost a pound from basically non-stop eating. My body just burns off all the calories I intake.
It's almost as if I am reading my own post. This is insane. I don't even need to write my own reply anymore.

Except I am 17, not 14. And I never liked Yu-Gi-Oh.

Also, I'm very particular about everything being perfectly in order, like Death Phenomeno said, which is why I edited this post some 4-5 times.

-I listen to Christmas music even when it isn't even close to Christmas, just I'm in the mood for it sometimes

-I always go up and down stair two at a time, it just seems so much faster / easier

-I squint ALOT, because I have really terrible eye sight which can't be cured by glasses or regular contacts, so I have to wear hard contacts which suck, so half the time I don't where them, hence the squinting. I squint about 90% of the time now that I think about it.

-uhh, also I write completely wrong, in that I don't know how to hold a pencil / pen correctly. The way I do it is sort of hard to explain. I have all four fingers splayed across one side, with my pinky all the way near the tip and the rest spread sort of evenly down the pencil curving around it a little, and then my thumb presses down hard on the other side holding the utensil in place and it kind of gets steered by my thumb and pinky. I've tried to learn how to hold it normally but I'm just too used to the way I do it. I have pretty good handwriting and I'm a very good artist, so it doesn't make a big difference, but my hand starts to hurt after writing a while, and I tend to get ink all over my hand because it gets dragged across what I just wrote.

-lastly, I doodle a ridiculous amount in my notebooks while I'm taking notes. Occaisonally I'll try to do something like color in an entire page in pencil, or like completely cover the margins of a page in some elaborate pattern. These can sometimes take several classes to complete lol.

-lastly, I doodle a ridiculous amount in my notebooks while I'm taking notes. Occaisonally I'll try to do something like color in an entire page in pencil, or like completely cover the margins of a page in some elaborate pattern. These can sometimes take several classes to complete lol.

same

If I am doing something like discrete mathematics or low level programming or anything for that matter, I say what I think outloud, as if someone is listening to me, (but really isn't). Often times I will say the most random things that don't even make sense. To most of my friends, it's more funny than strange.

I guess if there's something that bugs my friends out, it's how my alarm clock alarm is a rooster.

Oh yeah, I also doodle all over everything. Any test, in-class essay, etc. that I hand in has tags and pictures of stick figures all over. Also, I always have a marker on me, and I tag whenever I feel like I should.

I also have been told I am "double jointed" because I can crack my ankle at will. [50 times in a row before I got bored]
I AM "double jointed", meaning i can literally bend my arms backward a little bit. And I can crack my big toes at will.

Also, I always feel the strange need to be holding something, or at least doing something with my hands.

i bite my nails constantly, even when there is no nail left, i bite the skin around my nails. but most times i just feel the need to be chewing on something (usually a straw or gum).

i count a lot of things too, without really noticing. For instance, i'll be eating a bowl of cereal and count how many bites i took before all of the cereal is gone.

i have a hard time falling asleep. It usually takes me 2-3 hours after i am in bed to even feel remotely tired enough to go to sleep.

Originally Posted by Fat Danyul1023

me too

I also like to smell under my fingernails, which I do now unconsciously.
Me too, but it always smells disgusting and I always think to myself "Why the fuck did I just do that?"
I also have the same problem with Blu-tack. When you pull it apart, and smell the middle, it smells really weird and disgusting but I keep smelling it for some absurd reason that's beyond me...

Also, I shiver like crazy when I imagine pushing a toothbrush right into my teeth so the bristles touch the bottom of my gums and moving it around. I'm shivering now just thinking about it.

Also, even weirder, when I'm alone, I pick at my nipple, but I don't know why or have ever heard of anyone else doing it.
I'm a guy, btw.

EDIT: Wish I hadn't posted the toothbrush thing, I'm shivering like I'm in Antarctica...

I always have some music in my head... ALWAYS. Whether it is something I can play, something I've heard, or just random notes and chords that just happen, I just have music stuck in my head.

I'm a drummer, and I find myself either tapping in patterns, or just doing other regular everyday things to some random Bass/Snare/Tenor beat. (Note when I said drummer, I meant marching band, not an actual drumset, even if I can play fairly well) It annoys the hell outta my sister, and my mom thinks my "tapping" is a nervous habit, but its just the music and drums in my head XD

Other than that I'm pretty normal I suppose...

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I talk outloud to myself when I drive. It stops my mind from getting stuck in thought loops where I dont actually think about what I am thinking about but instead just announce that I am thinking about it to myself over and over again.

Also I dont address it to myself, I usually pretend there is a killer hiding in the backseat like in most horror movies, and I address it to him. Or sometimes I instead address it to future aliens who are using amazing technology to turn my life into a documentary.

Have a nice day.

I talk outloud to myself when I drive. It stops my mind from getting stuck in thought loops where I dont actually think about what I am thinking about but instead just announce that I am thinking about it to myself over and over again.

I talk to people when I drive. Other drivers. Loud music as well, max volume. Makes me concentrate. Things like "Okay, Fucko, lets go...either turn or don't." I know they can't hear me, it's just for me. I think these thoughts in busy hallways at school: "either move to the side and talk or don't". I do talk to people in my mind as if I were talking to them in person...though admittedly I do talk before thinking ALOT. This phrase I used comes from one of the many phrases I say whilst on the bus to declare what SHOULD go on to morons...this one is classic and amamzing.

situatiuon:

*really* Fat woman wheels a crying baby in a carridge onto the bus
She tries to comfort it

I think of saying to the lady "look lady, either eat it or don't"

Thankfully I kept that one to myself and only presented it here as an example.

I can give myself goosebumps. I have NO idea how I do it, it isn't a subconscious thing, but I CAN do it. I also sometimes while hearing music think "hey, this would make great Pokemon battle music!" Most of the time it's battle music from other RPG's though.

I also bite my nails, finger AND toe.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Well I ride Trials, which is a motorcycle sport involving what is esentialy an obscatle course to be traveresd by very specilised Motorbikes.

You can basicaly read that as "I ride over rocks / over fallen trees / though rivers / up sheer cliffs / etc on a Motorbike.

Since I started drumming I now always tap the mouse buttons in a random drum beat. I sometimes get so into it that I'll start head banging! I also bight my finger nails but seriously, for those who bight their toe-nails that's really bad. I did it when I was like 5 but I soon realised how disgusting it was. Think about it, your feet are touching so many different surfaces during the day, most of which will be dirty and if you're wearing shoes they'll be sweating. Just think how many bugs and shit you could get from biting the nails! I either clip them or pick them off when they get too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)