The everyday strangeness in YOU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do some pretty weird stuff... i used to run up stairs on all 4 but im done with that now:/

I also like picking on my braces so they get fucked up all the time.

Also what TheMantyke said.

Hm...let's see.

I have a habit of twiddling a pen/pencil around in my hand constantly. I've been doing that since I was a toddler. If one isn't in my hand, I feel compelled to take one out of my pocket or desk immediately. I'll often take one out without even noticing.

In high school, I wore a suit and tie to school during junior and senior year, though it was a public school. I also avidly wore pocket watches. I'll probably start collecting one day.

Oh, and I'm apparently highly suggestible in my sleep.

I bite my fingernails and occasionally my toenails but sometimes I just peel off my toenails. I also chew on my nails though for no apparent reason ( altough I don't swallow them).

I blink a lot, this mostly has to do with my contacts drying out though, especially now since it's winter and dry heat is on all the time.

I had a fingernail biting problem too, but getting braces solved that pretty quickly.

I also can never just run up stairs normal, I always have to skip steps, sometimes going for 3-4 steps and falling in the process. lol

Whenever I'm using the computer, I always have to close one eye while reading long things or if I want to look closely at an image.

Also, when running up steps that I know are pretty clean, I usually do it with all fours for whatever reason.

I make "weird sounds" with my tongue whenever I hear something surprising/extremely stupid. Can't really describe the sound.

Habit of slapping myself or banging my head on something not sharp when I need sleep but can't sleep because I'm talking to someone or something similar to that.

Other people say that in my sleep I occasional make a smacking sound. As if I'm eating something. Really loudly.

Hands always have to be doing something.

aamto

on whom the three Fates smile
I like to pronounce my T's (like I say 'button' as butt-on) rather than shorten them. I also say coupon as coup'n (I heard it on like a standup comedy bit and it stuck with me).

I also can't sit still/properly, like mentioned before. I have to be in constant motion, so either I'm rocking in my chair or shaking my leg or shifting positions when sitting down (unless I fall asleep!).

Hm, I also like to highlight things when I read stuff on the computer. I find it much easier to read light-colored font on a dark background.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
For those who said they were sitting cross-legged...how?! I just tried and I realised I'm not very flexible, and that it fucking hurts. :(

I guess my strangeness would be sandwiches. On an average day I eat 5+ sandwiches. I've gotten a bit of a reputation for it and I'm quite well known at the local sandwich shop(s).

And I can't stay still for the life of me. I just bounce up and down on the spot and try to get some kind of rhythm going in my feet alternating between bouncing on my heels and my feet.

1. I pace a lot

2. I have a very overactive imagination. Everyday I daydream a new episode of a Japanese anime type show I cam up with a few years ago. Once I got so wrapped into it that when I came out of the "trance" I thought that maybe I had accidentally muttered some of the dialog out loud that I thought had been going on in my mind.

3. I used to be very paranoid, almost to an unhealthy point. In 7th grade I was embarrassed all the time because I thought that someone was listening to my thoughts. However this again was because due to my overactive imagination I sometimes thought that I had accidentally said out loud what I was thinking.

4. I enter stages where I am very obsessed with something (usually out of nostalgia). I usually act on impulse once I get an obsession for something. I recently had a great desire to buy all the original manga chapters of Yu-Gi-Oh. I was prepared to spend however much they all cost but luckily due to a lack of a credit card was not able to and the obsession passed.

5. I have a slow growth rate and I am only 90 pounds and 5'1 at age 14. Luckily thanks to modern day technology, doctors have been able to determine that my growth rate is only slowed down and that I will become a normal height and weight, but just at a slower rate than my peers.

6. My low weight is due to my lightning fast metabolism. I eat nonstop. I have 2-3 snacks during my break period during school. A huge lunch consisting of a huge sandwich and a3-4 snacks. I have a snack when I get home. I have a small lunch at 5:00 (medium sized and no snacks), then I have dinner, an after dinner snack, then at 10:00 I will have another small meal (medium sized portion of food, no snacks). If I can't fall asleep by 11:30 I might have a late night snack.

I eat like this 24/7 and I have never gain weight. In fact, I actually lost a pound from basically non-stop eating. My body just burns off all the calories I intake.

I sometimes write with my left hand instead of my right. I'm not ambidextrous, I just like writing with both hands. I often try to do other random things left-handed, too (brushing teeth, washing dishes).

Also, I have a habit of thinking of something funny while in conversation and starting to laugh. Probably not all that weird, but I find myself doing it a lot.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Heh, well I AM left-handed.

There's some other stuff too, for instance, I have a weird mind. Basically it's like a sponge, in that it absorbs absolutely everything that touches it, both good and bad. Sometimes it's disgusting if I remember something disturbing though...

I also like to ask the most random questions out of nowhere that are just plain stupid, but heh, they do tend to make people laugh. EG. I was in spanish class yesterday, and there was a CD that said hip-hop on it. Then I asked my friend, "If there's hip-hop, does that mean that there's also rip-rap?" Yes, quite stupid, but I like randomness dammit!

I'm a BAD nailbiter too...

I have this weird thing with my moods. If I'm in a certain mood at the time, that mood gets amplified x100000. Seriously, I am a superbly-happy guy if I'm in a good mood, but I go completely insane if someone makes me mad (takes a lot to push me that far though). I don't cry or anything when I'm sad, but I will honestly just go completely silent when I'm like that.

I always think of myself having two alter-egos. Quite like in Fight Club where the guy had two different personalities. I don't actually have that, but I always think of what it would be like if I was like that.

I'm always wishing that I have superpowers too...then I'd have nice things. :]

1) I wear shorts every day. So technically, that is out of the ordinary for 3 months in the year.

2) I walk around a lot listening to an ipod for no apperent reason.

3) Although, I don't ever sit with both legs crossed, whenever I'm on a soft chair that has no bars on the side, I always tuck my left foot under my butt.

4) Finally, although I am right handed, there are so many things that I can do or try to do left handed. This includes, eating, writing, throwing, batting, and drumming. I guess one could call me ambidextreous, but everything I just mentioned (except batting), I can do better with my right hand/foot. Therefore, I'm not really ambidextreous.

I forgot to mention that I have a wierd shower habit of turning it off, then drying myself off inside of the shower sto it's not freezing cold when I get out.

I always seem to have strange facial expressions, usually resulting in people laughing.
I bite my fingernails but only when I think they are to long, so I sorta cut my nails to reasonable length with my teeth.
I sometimes make a post that undergoes up to 10 edits before I actually like what I posted.
I usually take some akward position when sitting.
When I'm nervous(like before an exam or something) I start pacing and mumbling incoherantly.

Well, let's see: nail-biting, sitting cross-legged, nose-picking, stuttering when nervous; eh, none of them sound exciting to elaborate.

Wait, I am picky--I don't like any non-starch vegetables (i.e. only corn and potatoes for me). Eh, that's not good enough.

I am sort of addicted to soda and cheese. Hm, not interesting enough.

Well, I do sometimes sleep with my legs crossed. Uh...

Oh! I can't read a book without falling asleep. Eh, that's still not interesting enough.

Wait a minute! I don't sit cross-legged all the time. I usually don't actually cross my legs when I sit--I have one leg on top of the other one. My mother used to find that unusual.

Every morning I wake myself up by slapping me in the face.

My hands can never be idle so I'll always be twitching them or something so I look extremely shady and edgy to people.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
how the hell do you bite your toenails i am trying to reach it doesnt work

as for me i do the all 4s thing on the stairs, I have a tendency to air drum spontaneously almost always when i listen to music and even when im not lol. I also sometimes chew when there is nothing in my mouth which is weird :O

I headbang to music that is playing in my head, so to other people it's like I'm headbanging but without any music. I've been told that it's one of the strangest sights to see.

I think when I was young I had some kind of injury to my right shoulder, so it always stiffens and I can pop whatever bone it is that connects my arm to my torso out of its socket and back in again to relieve myself. I suppose it's like cracking your neck or knuckles except that I crack my shoulder.

And a whole lot of the things that ya'll have been saying I do on a regular basis as well.

edit- okay and I just remembered that if I have a boner I can crack my dick, but I don't do this everyday or around people or on a regular basis or anything because it's just too fucking weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)