The everyday strangeness in YOU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm, the toothbrush thing randomly reminded me of how I'm pretty much the same except with gag reflexes when it comes to certain tastes/smells.

Onions always seem to do the trick. I feel mildly queasy just thinking about the smell and taste of onions, and I literally gag when I eat it. When I was younger, my parents would scold me because they thought it was just me not liking onions, but really, it just... happens, and I don't know why.

Likewise for cooler ranch and sour cream/onion flavored chips, except those have a more valid reason for making me gag. I used to loooove those two flavors when I was younger until one day I just had too much and my body decided to hate the taste/smell for the rest of my life. Now I'm pretty much just restricted to original flavored chips.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I am constantly playing with my lip ring, I am a fidgeter and having a bit of metal that I don't even have to touch with my hands to manipulate is too tempting

I just take showers on Thursdays and Mondays, i think its pretty weird... almost every1 i know take showers almost every day

I have earbud headphones

when i am alone, i take the fuzzy parts off the buds, and stick the buds in my mouth

and turn my music up really loud

and make movements opening and closing my mouth to the beat of the music to modify the sound, not unlike a flanger/wah effect mod

2. I have a very overactive imagination. Everyday I daydream a new episode of a Japanese anime type show I cam up with a few years ago.
^I do that too, especially on the bus rides to and from school.

I can spit like a cobra by curving my tongue up and pressing it against the roof of my mouth. Nobody else I know can do it.

I can never sit still, I'm always adjusting my legs when I sit (usually cross-legged on the couch), and if I'm not playing a video game, on my laptop, or reading, I just randomly start to fidget with stuff. In school, I have a habit of taking apart and re-assembling my pencil.

I have some odd bursts of randomness from time to time. Anything from strange and pointless questions to crazy ideas.

I used to get picked on a lot as a little kid and it used to bug me. Now, nobody actually bothers me, but if someone feels like being an ass to me out of the blue I'm either too tired to care or just get this "Fuck you buddy ^_^" grin on my face and walk away.

@FlyingNinjaPerson: Yes, yes, yes, and yes. All of those things apply to me... well, except the spitting. But my cousin can do that. He calls it 'gleeking' and it really pisses the hell out of his sister.

natalie

property of alex
when i'm talking to people who bore me i zone out and think of something random (recently it's kept on reverting to that simpsons episode where the house is on fire, homer gets thrown out of an upstairs window, hits a mattress on the lawn and bounces back into the house by smashing through the lounge window) a smile plays on my face. i see it in my mind's eye again. i start laughing spontaneously. they laugh and ask why i'm laughing which inevitably gives me the giggles.

i have my phone and alarm clocks ten minutes ahead because i have a propensity to procrastinate. i also make sure my alarm clock is as far away from my bed as possible, and set it two and a half hours before i have to be somewhere. even then i turn it off and get back into bed, when i do get up it takes me at least two hours to shower/do hair/makeup/get dressed - not because there's a lot to do, but because i physically cannot rush and i need tea and cigarettes to function. i'm always late.

i lie on my bed while playing wow (sometimes under a tanning bed), and whenever i do pvp & arena i constantly clench and unclench my right buttcheek in rapid succession at the critical moments.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Lately I've been turning off my light at night with my foot, sometimes spending a good five minutes until I finally turn it off. After a few days not shaving I sometimes pull out hairs using the nails of my thumb and index finger, from which I get this satisfying feeling.

I always bite my nails, even though I tell myself all the negatives of nail biting, I still do it.

I tried biting my toe nails, didn't work out to well though.

Also, I tweak, big-time, on games.

Hmm, wierd stuff... where do I start??

I have a photographic memory. I remember everything. I spell perfectly, I remember license plate numbers subconsciously, I remeber what people say totally verbatim. People are amazed by what I can remember. i won't go into detail cuz its creepy, but I remember being born. o_O When I think about remembering being an embryo, I get this feeling of being trapped in a small dark space and being translucent...

I'm also extremely intelligent. Funny thing is, I'm 18, but I look 16 and I'm cute too (according to my bf, not me:P.) It belies my intelligence, so people underestimate me, then look at me strange when I say something half smart. It's pretty funny. I have an innate understanding of how things work, and the science of physics, stuff like that.

I'm level headed. I havent felt anger since I don't know when. My patience is limitless too. It's because I meditate a lot. Not buddha type stuff, I mean thinking time. sometimes I'll just stop what I'm doing, and think about stuff. I won't move, won't do anything, just think. It's pretty hard to get me to show frustration either. Being yelled and sworn at just bouncrs right off me.

I have a huge imagination. I think I have clinical paranoia too. I think about stuff like this all the time. I take something and apply a "what if?" to it and I can go on for hours.

I'm a rational thinker. I never get anxious because I can think things through and not let them overwhelm me. i don't worry, and as long as I know what I'm doing, I'm very sure of myself.

I have paranoia. I'm aware of myself and other people when out in public. This can be somewhat unnerving when my self esteem is low.

I have synaesthesia. This means that I mix senses, specifically, sight and sound. For example, when I hear a sound, I might think of a shape or colour that I associate with it. Especially when I listen to music, my favourite songs have their own colour.

I have acute senses. I can see well, hear people whispering two rooms away and discern what theyre saying, easily tell whats in food by smelling/tasting it. I love to eat because I taste things so well, its fun!
I have a very heightened sense of touch, which makes me really sensitive. Horrible for being tickled, great for sex. :P

Most of the time I have this register, or outwards personality that makes people think I'm dumb, lost, boring, retarded, spaced ect. Its mainly because I'm shy, but a few people who I know think that I have aspergers or something, which is annoying. I get belittled a lot.

I'm constantly stretching. I get stiff easily. This may crack my joints, but not always. I can also crack every moveable joint in my body. It's fun.

I powerwalk everywhere. I have long legs, so I can go pretty fast. someone can be jogging next to me, and I can keep up with little to no effort. Unless someone runs, they can't catch up with me. It dosn't look like Im going really fast either, i.e. I dont pump my arms or bounce. This isnt because I rush, I just like to do it.

i'm pretty flexible too, if someeone wants to wrestle with me, its really hard for them to hold me down securely. I'm also capable of autofellatio, and other bodybending odddities.

I'm agile. My body is slim, but not bony. I'm soft and kinda curvy, but not the least bit fat. This means that I can move through tight spaces, but I do it quickly. I also duck and dodge around people and things in public places, and literally disappear into crowds.

I'm very able handed. I can spin things through my fingers, hold seven or eight things with one hand and never drop or fumble with stuff.

I have mild OCD(pressing keys on my keyboard repeatedly, doing things in even numbers...)

I think I should stop nw, this post is waaaaaaaaay too long!

I hope people read this, it took ages to write, lol

EDIT: my god this is a horrible post. Its how I wirte when I'm putting my thoughts together, but jeez, I sound like I'm on a sugar high!

This is a neat thread.

No matter what position I start in when I go to sleep, I always end up sleeping on my right arm, and it is always asleep and my shoulder aches when I wake up.

I can not drive for more than maybe 3 minutes without bringing my left leg up so I can rest my arm on it while I steer. I also drive absolutely everywhere one-handed.

I can sit still just fine, but whenever I am standing for any period of time, I pace.

I'll squeeze the back of my neck with the palms of my hands whenever I'm nervous or agitated.

I also play Magic: The Gathering, and I flick and rearrange the cards in my hands all the damn time, which people have actually complained at me for doing, but I have a very hard time not doing it.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
I'm level headed. I haven't felt anger since I don't know when. My patience is limitless too.
Same here; on the internet and irl.

I have a lot of handwritings. When I'm writing, every couple sentences is a different handwriting. It can be neat and girly, sloppy, thin, fat, etc. The only letter that is always the same are my lowercase b's.

I have synaesthesia. This means that I mix senses, specifically, sight and sound. For example, when I hear a sound, I might think of a shape or colour that I associate with it. Especially when I listen to music, my favourite songs have their own colour.
Sounds cool. Kinda seems like a cool mental thing. I assume it has some drawbacks, like seeing rainbows in a very talkative classroom

I can burp on command which is pretty fun, especially when im bored. hmm...I can bend both of my thumbs in incredibly odd positions, and i can rotate them almost 360 degrees around in any direction. it starts to hurt after awhile though for obvious reasons, so i dont do it too much..I also tend to make up really, really weird scenarios in my head of what could happen in real life if i was just a little more open about my feelings..particularly of hatred. Guess you could call that an "active imagination", although its really..yea..

i cant think now though. Ill post more weird stuff later, im a hella weird kid.

@jolt: interesting resume there ._.

I also play Magic: The Gathering, and I flick and rearrange the cards in my hands all the damn time, which people have actually complained at me for doing, but I have a very hard time not doing it.

Whenever I walk, I always move in a pattern: sometimes I can't have two feet on the ground at once, I can only step on the black tiles, if I'm walking with somebody I have to synchronize our footsteps, etc. It's very noticable, especially when I'm taking extra-long steps, but I have almost no control over it.

I set my alarm clock for about an hour earlier than I actually have to wake up, so I can feel like I'm sleeping in when I hit the snooze button three or four times and still manage to get up early. Sometimes on weekends I set my alarm for 5:30 or so just so I can get the lovely feeling of being able to fall asleep again instead of having to get up at an ungodly hour.

I laugh a lot. I will break into uncontrollable fits of giggles at the slightest provocation. Even if nobody says anything funny, I'll all of a sudden think of something hilarious and burst out laughing at the worst moments. My most embarrassing moment was probably earlier this year, when I started laughing while drinking a bottle of water in the middle of class. Hoo boy.

Lol, I used to play Magic too.

I remembered I can also make blood rush to my head. Totally on command. It makes my head turn red, then purple. VERY weird.

I have a photographic memory. I remember everything. I spell perfectly, I remember license plate numbers subconsciously, I remeber what people say totally verbatim. People are amazed by what I can remember. i won't go into detail cuz its creepy, but I remember being born. o_O When I think about remembering being an embryo, I get this feeling of being trapped in a small dark space and being translucent...

I'm also extremely intelligent. Funny thing is, I'm 18, but I look 16 and I'm cute too (according to my bf, not me:P.) It belies my intelligence, so people underestimate me, then look at me strange when I say something half smart. It's pretty funny. I have an innate understanding of how things work, and the science of physics, stuff like that.

I'm level headed. I havent felt anger since I don't know when. My patience is limitless too. It's because I meditate a lot. Not buddha type stuff, I mean thinking time. sometimes I'll just stop what I'm doing, and think about stuff. I won't move, won't do anything, just think. It's pretty hard to get me to show frustration either. Being yelled and sworn at just bouncrs right off me.

I have a huge imagination. I think I have clinical paranoia too. I think about stuff like this all the time. I take something and apply a "what if?" to it and I can go on for hours.

I'm a rational thinker. I never get anxious because I can think things through and not let them overwhelm me. i don't worry, and as long as I know what I'm doing, I'm very sure of myself.

I have paranoia. I'm aware of myself and other people when out in public. This can be somewhat unnerving when my self esteem is low.

I have acute senses. I can see well, hear people whispering two rooms away and discern what theyre saying, easily tell whats in food by smelling/tasting it. I love to eat because I taste things so well, its fun!
I have a very heightened sense of touch, which makes me really sensitive. Horrible for being tickled, great for sex. :P

Most of the time I have this register, or outwards personality that makes people think I'm dumb, lost, boring, retarded, spaced ect. Its mainly because I'm shy, but a few people who I know think that I have aspergers or something, which is annoying. I get belittled a lot.

I'm constantly stretching. I get stiff easily. This may crack my joints, but not always. I can also crack every moveable joint in my body. It's fun.

I powerwalk everywhere. I have long legs, so I can go pretty fast. someone can be jogging next to me, and I can keep up with little to no effort. Unless someone runs, they can't catch up with me. It dosn't look like Im going really fast either, i.e. I dont pump my arms or bounce. This isnt because I rush, I just like to do it.

i'm pretty flexible too, if someeone wants to wrestle with me, its really hard for them to hold me down securely. I'm also capable of autofellatio, and other bodybending odddities.

I'm agile. My body is slim, but not bony. I'm soft and kinda curvy, but not the least bit fat. This means that I can move through tight spaces, but I do it quickly. I also duck and dodge around people and things in public places, and literally disappear into crowds.

I'm very able handed. I can spin things through my fingers, hold seven or eight things with one hand and never drop or fumble with stuff.

I have mild OCD(pressing keys on my keyboard repeatedly, doing things in even numbers...)

I think I should stop nw, this post is waaaaaaaaay too long!

I hope people read this, it took ages to write, lol

EDIT: my god this is a horrible post. Its how I wirte when I'm putting my thoughts together, but jeez, I sound like I'm on a sugar high!
You also sound full of yourself. :P

Sounds cool. Kinda seems like a cool mental thing. I assume it has some drawbacks, like seeing rainbows in a very talkative classroom
Its not like that, just when I think about it, or when i hear common noises.

e.g. the sound of a chainsaw might be yellow, or i might see a red circle when I hear something beep. Stuff like that.

also, I think I masturbate too much as well:P

Lol, I used to play Magic too.

I remembered I can also make blood rush to my head. Totally on command. It makes my head turn red, then purple. VERY weird.
I can do that but it feels really weird like my eyes feel watery and kind of dizzy afterwards. When you do it do you clentch your teeth and make your head shake really fast? Because thats how I do it

Hm, I also like to highlight things when I read stuff on the computer. I find it much easier to read light-colored font on a dark background.
same here

I always remember liscense plates thinking they're criminals and I'll get rewarded with money and I have way too much paranoia.

ouch.

ur right actually, I do. Thats the kind of stuff I write when I'm tired and its 4 AM. Im embarassed now >_>

Most of the time i hate myself tho, so its good.
Lol I know you probably didn't mean to come off that way, I was just pointing out that you kind of did. The "=P" smiley was supposed to imply it was all in jest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)