Smogon Champions League III - Semifinals [Tiebreaker @ Post 120]

Status
Not open for further replies.

hs

Banned deucer.
My opinion is that all post-tournament bashing posts should be banned, especially when conflicts can be settled privately.

It's irresponsible to encourage behaviour like this when it's mostly aimed at harassment/aggression/whatever word you want to use to define repeated public bashing, especially as we're all mostly adults and even if there are children playing too, they shouldn't see this as an example to be reproduced. If the TDs are responsible, they'll delete the posts and the future cringes copypastas

Whatever happened between hokins and cloes, it should stay between them / between their team / moderators, the other players shouldn't see it or get involved in it.
As one of the sites authorities on cringe, I'm going to make a potentially unwise post.

Like, whats the intention here? Is it to express frustration? Cool, do it privately. This is neither mine nor anyone else on this sites business. Have a private conversation about it. We're literally adults and you're well known users who have discord.

And what's this post in a public thread going to accomplish? You give yourself a bad look with a personal attack against a well known player. You certainly aren't benefitting anyone.

Also assume some responsibility. You went 3-3 in one of the most even pools ever and then cancered--contributing to your teams loss--and then just unnecessarily pin blame on someone after barely missing playoffs.

We know hardly anything about most the friends we have on this site, no less people we don't know well or at all. There's just no need to be abrasive, hurtful, or otherwise rude to people on a fucking online forum for a children's game. A lot of us come here to escape our real lives which is very difficult considering a lot of people on here are assholes.

When it's me telling people to act like adults, you know there's a problem. Can we just all stop being fucking genuinely toxic. Fuck.
wow you all are so mature and adults for calling for an online ceasefire, like i am genuinely baffled that no one can look at these posts, that are actually making a dead thread that gets no posts/predicts anymore more meaningful in terms of interactions, and go on w/ their lives, no u have to stop because it's so impactful that you'll need to write a walltext on how it is so bad because it affects everyone's lives! that said, LET SMOGON BEEF ROAM FREE. SET GOAO FREE.

wow you all are so mature and adults for calling for an online ceasefire, like i am genuinely baffled that no one can look at these posts, that are actually making a dead thread that gets no posts/predicts anymore more meaningful in terms of interactions, and go on w/ their lives, no u have to stop because it's so impactful that you'll need to write a walltext on how it is so bad because it affects everyone's lives! that said, LET SMOGON BEEF ROAM FREE. SET GOAO FREE.
I don't really care about what you guys find entertaining in watching grown ass men old enough to start a family beefing for Pokémon stuff especially when there are kids around, my point is, as someone who went through this kind of bashing and having been subjected to inappropriate remarks about my life, my family situation and even racist takes from many players you guys use to admire due to this, I know this whole bullshit has to stop as it still hasn't went too far.
Now if you want to continue being human garbodors that's your problem but it's very sad to see, you have to grow up

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
cool to see u cant even express your opinion about your own team on here anymore without having a mob come after u
granted chloes opinion is wrong but i appreciate the sentiment
if these posts stay behind closed doors how are ppl supposed to back up or object these allegations?
as a former machine im not gonna act like howkings was the most valuable asset to our team but he was definitely there as a manager when needed and did his best to contribute in the tiers he was involved with. the above post doesnt sound like the howkings i know at all
if u think these posts are too much drama i suggest turning off your laptop or covering your eyes

fran17

(1999)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
i hope next scl howkings isn't given a manager slot. he is incredibly incompetent and persistent at giving the impression of helping despite actually barely doing anything.

this tour was incredibly draining from week 1. drafting me as solo pu, without any support or backup. EVERY other slot on the team having multiple helpers, some of which barely interacted in our cord. him constantly leaving empty promises over and over for how he would give me some test games in my channel, only to never show. sometimes he'd say i can soon and id wait for hours just for nothing. realised he wasn't reliable at all early on. all of this in tandem with his other actions made me dread interacting in our teamcord.

this led to me begging for help from literally anyone who would give me test games on other teams. i have a lot of gratitude for all the people willing to let me test my shit vs them. a huge huge thanks to rien who actually offered to support me for the tournament despite being incredibly busy and dealing with incredibly serious stuff irl. he was a massive help when he was around, which cannot be understated. i would not have made it anywhere near as long without him. I genuinely appreciate it a ton, thank you.

every week it was the same shit. howkings messaging me after an 8 hour work day monday/tuesday to ask "where I am with this". despite me repeatedly saying "I do not have time until later in the week". he'd offer help yet not give any. he'd offer scouts but not supply any. he'd pester and pester when I repeatedly said I was busy. great manager.

I'm really sorry to all my teammates who I cancered on, you really did deserve better (and i still have no excuse good enough for cancering), but holy shit having to deal with this every week completely killed any interest I had in the tour. hope you all have better tournament experiences in the future.
yeah i was involved with team ita last year and he never actually helped or anything. he also cried to get added as an helper 2 and 3 editions ago and he did almost nothing once again. howkings presence is just deteriorating to every enviroment he is in, once in a while i can hear of people bitching about him because he drives them crazy for a side tour or else and then bitches.
calling out a manager who doesnt act as a manager at all is a good thing for the tournament environment as some people really shouldnt be allowed near managing spots in important tours since it just fucks up the whole competitiveness, being friend with someone that can actually manage doesnt entitle you to a managing spot and doesnt make you a decent at least manager in any way.

on a more general note, being mad at someone just because they stated their opinion is just such a stupid way to deal with a problem. perhaps chloe went over the line with how she phrased it (rightfully so, off topic but i can understand the frustration of having howkings as a manager)
if player x thinks that manager y isnt a good manager should be allowed to express his opinion so that the TD team next time he choose the managers already has a feedback, developing a process of haveing the most competitive stack of managers and not "cool and funny couple" that will just flip the whole auction and tour

Last edited:

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
i hope next scl both star and tony arent given a manager slot. they are incredibly incompetent and persistent at giving the impression of giving the people what they want despite actually barely doing anything.

this tour was incredibly draining from week 1. drafting Teal6 as solo OU, without any support or backup. EVERY other slot on the team having multiple helpers, some of which barely interacted in our cord. They're constantly leaving empty promises over and over for how they would put teal6 the next week, only to never show. Sometimes They would say he can soon and id wait for hours just for nothing. Realized they weren't reliable at all early on. all of this in tandem with his other actions made me dread interacting in our teamcord.

this led to me begging for help from literally anyone who would give me test games on other teams. i have a lot of gratitude for all the people willing to let me test my shit vs them. a huge huge thanks to the rest of the platoon team who agree with putting teal6 on the team and actually offered to support me for the tournament despite being incredibly busy and dealing with incredibly serious stuff irl. They are a massive help when they are around, which cannot be understated. i would not have made it anywhere near as long without them. I genuinely appreciate it a ton, thank you.

every week it was the same shit. messaging tony or star after an 8 hour work day monday/tuesday to ask "where Is teal6". despite they repeatedly saying "he will appear next week". he'd offer help yet not give any. he'd offer scouts but not supply any. he'd pester and pester when I repeatedly said I was busy. great manager.

I'm really sorry to all my teammates who I cancered on, you really did deserve better (and i still have no excuse good enough for cancering), but holy shit having to deal with this every week completely killed any interest I had in the tour. hope you all have better tournament experiences in the future.

Last edited:

Niko

Sun God
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
If a player has a good reason to affirm that a manager slot was assigned to the wrong person, it's fair that they point it out. What I can tell you from my personal experience is that what chloe said in her post is no news to me, nor it sounds surprising.

For Team Italy it's usually no big deal who gets the manager role in WCoP, we are mostly old players that can self-moderate and there is no beef between any of us. So we tend to give the chance to win the trophy to people that wouldn't be in the lineup to reward a positive or helpful presence in our community. This year Howkings started asking for that role many months in advance. Again, it was no big deal, so we allowed him to. However later many starters decided not to take part at WCoP this year, so we had to fill in new players. New players need a lot of support, they are in their first experience, so the manager role became more important this year.

The scenario wasn't much different from what chloe described: if someone asked me, I wouldn't say he didn't try to be helpful, but he wasn't concretely. He used to focus on irrelevant stuff or details and PM players for futile reasons. He said he could help in tests then when someone asked for a test he wasnt there, but tbh even if he was it's not the best to test with someone that could lose 100-0 matchups. When he had to make the right call about subs/lineups he just didn't have the tools to decide properly and PMd everyone creating more confusion. He doesn't really play the game and being able to analyze a replay correctly is mandatory to make some decisions as manager. On top of that after the tour the general feedback on his performance as manager was not enthusiastic at all.

It's not like I don't appreciate the efforts he put, but if the players don't have a choice on what team they are gonna finish in, they should be guaranteed a standard for the managers, and I think as long as he doesn't catch up with the game he doesn't fit in those standards.

This is some clown shit. Did we share the same team chat? Bowser was one of the few people that tried to be helpful to every slot, in addition to making sure his SHARTS were on point. Maybe his GIFs werent of value everytime but at least he fucking tried.

Reading shit like this from you is so frustrating seeing that you woke up one day and just decided to scare Prometeo Games server, leaving us out to rot. It would be fine if you at least helped when benched but you went full monkey on us, having you might have changed our season these finals weeks.

I even reached out to you to see what up and you said "How to scare Prometeo Games server". why did you even sign up?

Respectfully as a friend, I'll have better team tournament experiences in the future as long as you're not apart of it.

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
I don't really care about what you guys find entertaining in watching grown ass men old enough to start a family beefing for Pokémon stuff especially when there are kids around, my point is, as someone who went through this kind of bashing and having been subjected to inappropriate remarks about my life, my family situation and even racist takes from many players you guys use to admire due to this, I know this whole bullshit has to stop as it still hasn't went too far.
Now if you want to continue being human garbodors that's your problem but it's very sad to see, you have to grow up
Honestly, this message would carry so much more weight if you didn't indulge in stuff yourself? Like, this is literally less than a year ago, and I believe whatever prompted this was me pointing out hax didn't matter in one of your OST games.

☆Heerv: mais va niquer ta grand mere too
☆Heerv: Toi
Heerv has 240 seconds left.
☆Steve Angello: hab g2 eh bad gechoked cbb
☆Heerv: Que il ouvre sa gueule
☆Steve Angello: g1 war klar
☆Heerv: Dans toutes les games
☆Heerv: Va faire tes voyages avec blunder et ferme ta gueule
+Exiline: ptdr
☆Heerv: Putain
☆Heerv: Casse les coiie
☆Heerv: Couilles
+CRASHINBOOMBANG: i dont speak that language but i know body press smoke on roost oml
+Exiline: apaise ton coeur ptit b
+Exiline: v
Heerv has 210 seconds left.
☆Heerv: T'as 30 ans nique ta pute de mere
☆Heerv: Putain
☆Steve Angello: i don't speak baguette but doesn't putain mean bi t ch

What, you're excused from inappropriate remarks about people's life and family situation because you're not old enough to start a family? No urgency to grow up? I'm not saying that you're in the wrong about being attacked or harassed or whatever, or that it's ok in any way, I'm just saying that people tend to be nicer to people who don't tell others to go fuck their whole, extended family tree, and there tend to be better messengers too.

Like, this is literally less than a year ago, and I believe whatever prompted this was me pointing out hax didn't matter in one of your OST games.
If you think people can't evolve, well, believe me you're part of the problem, buddy, especially since if we take the context of the game and the horrible schedule and conditions in which I had to play that game 3, your intervention and the way you trash-talked me wasn't exactly classy coming from a player of your caliber
Now that you've done your show for 3 miserable likes, I hope we can finally deal with the real problem and not come up with some crap logs every time someone gives their opinion like an unemployed twittos

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
If you think people can't evolve, well, believe me you're part of the problem, buddy, especially since if we take the context of the game and the horrible schedule and conditions in which I had to play that game 3, your intervention and the way you trash-talked me wasn't exactly classy coming from a player of your caliber
Now that you've done your show for 3 miserable likes, I hope we can finally deal with the real problem and not come up with some crap logs every time someone gives their opinion like an unemployed twittos
"Pretty sure the hax didn't matter" sure is trashtalking on a level that warrants "go fuck your mother and grandmother" responses. It's a shame the replay expired because that's literally all the "trash talking" I did (until insults were hurled at me in french), otherwise I sure wouldn't bring it up when we're talking about people going absolutely ballistic over mundane things.

I don't care about the likes, but when you were a significant part of the problem less than a year ago, then why not just bring it up but also act high and mighty over it? The fact that you're literally trying to justify what you did back then instead of owning up to it or taking responsibility in any way is really telling. That's the change we need. Good job evolving, yone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)