Smogon Champions League III - Semifinals [Tiebreaker @ Post 120]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ken

gm
is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
Monotype Leader

>Spreadsheet<
>Games Schedule<
>Season Schedule<

Tournament Rules and General Guidelines

Matchups:

Indigo Platoon (5) vs (5) Studio Gible
SV OU: MichaelderBeste2 vs Fogbound Lake
SV OU: Finchinator vs mind gaming
SV OU: zioziotrip vs z0mOG
SV Ubers: SiTuM vs Fc
SV DOU: Xrn vs zee
SV UU: McMeghan vs Eternal Spirit
SV RU: Ajna vs cleann
SV NU: Axrtix vs etern
SV PU: Santu vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d
SV LC: Scottie vs ninjadog

Orange Islanders (5) vs (5) Uncharted Terrors
SV OU: Wolf vs xavgb
SV OU: Rubyblood vs Meru
SV OU: Welli0u vs oldspicemike
SV Ubers: Exiline vs RichardMillePlain
SV DOU: JRL vs Nails
SV UU: pdt vs Accel
SV RU: robjr vs Feliburn
SV NU: Danny vs avarice
SV PU: DugZa vs sensei axew
SV LC: Hacker vs Laroxyl

Deadline will be December 3rd @ 11:00 PM EST (GMT-5).

Indigo Platoon (0) vs (0) Studio Gible
SV OU: MichaelderBeste2 vs Fogbound Lake
SV OU: Finchinator vs mind gaming
SV OU: zioziotrip vs z0mOG
SV Ubers: SiTuM vs Fc
SV DOU: Xrn vs zee
SV UU: McMeghan vs Eternal Spirit
SV RU: Ajna vs cleann
SV NU: Axrtix vs etern
SV PU: Santu vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d
SV LC: Scottie vs ninjadog

Orange Islanders (0) vs (0) Uncharted Terrors
SV OU: Wolf vs xavgb
SV OU: Rubyblood vs Meru
SV OU: Welli0u vs oldspicemike
SV Ubers: Exiline vs RichardMillePlain
SV DOU: JRL vs Nails
SV UU: pdt vs Accel
SV RU: robjr vs Feliburn
SV NU: Danny vs avarice
SV PU: DugZa vs sensei axew
SV LC: Hacker vs Laroxyl

Last edited:

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
i hope next scl howkings isn't given a manager slot. he is incredibly incompetent and persistent at giving the impression of helping despite actually barely doing anything.

this tour was incredibly draining from week 1. drafting me as solo pu, without any support or backup. EVERY other slot on the team having multiple helpers, some of which barely interacted in our cord. him constantly leaving empty promises over and over for how he would give me some test games in my channel, only to never show. sometimes he'd say i can soon and id wait for hours just for nothing. realised he wasn't reliable at all early on. all of this in tandem with his other actions made me dread interacting in our teamcord.

this led to me begging for help from literally anyone who would give me test games on other teams. i have a lot of gratitude for all the people willing to let me test my shit vs them. a huge huge thanks to rien who actually offered to support me for the tournament despite being incredibly busy and dealing with incredibly serious stuff irl. he was a massive help when he was around, which cannot be understated. i would not have made it anywhere near as long without him. I genuinely appreciate it a ton, thank you.

every week it was the same shit. howkings messaging me after an 8 hour work day monday/tuesday to ask "where I am with this". despite me repeatedly saying "I do not have time until later in the week". he'd offer help yet not give any. he'd offer scouts but not supply any. he'd pester and pester when I repeatedly said I was busy. great manager.

I'm really sorry to all my teammates who I cancered on, you really did deserve better (and i still have no excuse good enough for cancering), but holy shit having to deal with this every week completely killed any interest I had in the tour. hope you all have better tournament experiences in the future.

Last edited:
The Strap has a niece with autism. We run the autism speaks race every year in support. She's extremely talented - primarily as an artist. However, one year she took up baseball just because she wanted to try to overcome her social anxiety and try something new. She was absolutely awful at baseball and just didn't understand the game, but she always had a smile.

Eventually after like 8 games of being atrocious, she finally got a hit. The pop off we had was gigantic. We were so proud of her and she was ecstatic. After that though, she was no longer interested and didn't play another game. But a valuable lesson was learned to be resilient and try new things, even if they aren't exactly for you.

I'm telling you this story because watching tier play NU and winning reminded me of my niece with autism attempting baseball.

Good job buddy.

i hope next scl howkings isn't given a manager slot. he is incredibly incompetent and persistent at giving the impression of helping despite actually barely doing anything.

this tour was incredibly draining from week 1. drafting me as solo pu, without any support or backup. EVERY other slot on the team having multiple helpers, some of which barely interacted in our cord. him constantly leaving empty promises over and over for how he would give me some test games in my channel, only to never show. sometimes he'd say i can soon and id wait for hours just for nothing. realised he wasn't reliable at all early on. all of this in tandem with his other actions made me dread interacting in our teamcord.

this led to me begging for help from literally anyone who would give me test games on other teams. i have a lot of gratitude for all the people willing to let me test my shit vs them. a huge huge thanks to rien who actually offered to support me for the tournament despite being incredibly busy and dealing with incredibly serious stuff irl. he was a massive help when he was around, which cannot be understated. i would not have made it anywhere near as long without him. I genuinely appreciate it a ton, thank you.

every week it was the same shit. howkings messaging me after an 8 hour work day monday/tuesday to ask "where I am with this". despite me repeatedly saying "I do not have time until later in the week". he'd offer help yet not give any. he'd offer scouts but not supply any. he'd pester and pester when I repeatedly said I was busy. great manager.

I'm really sorry to all my teammates who I cancered on, you really did deserve better, but holy shit having to deal with this every week completely killed any interest I had in the tour. hope you all have better tournament experiences in the future.
This is some clown shit. Did we share the same team chat? Howkings was one of the few people that tried to be helpful to every slot, in addition to making sure prep is on point. Maybe his knowledge wasnt of value everytime but at least he fucking tried.

Reading shit like this from you is so frustrating seeing that you woke up one day and just decided to give up, leaving us out to dry. It would be fine if you at least helped when benched but you went super ghost on us, having you might have changed our season these finals weeks.

I even reached out to you to see what up and you said "I gain nothing from us winning". why did you even sign up?

Respectfully as a friend, I'll have better team tournament experiences in the future as long as you're not apart of it.

i hope next ndfl Isza isn't given a manager slot. he is incredibly incompetent and persistent at giving the impression of helping despite actually barely doing anything.

this tour was incredibly draining from week 1. drafting me as solo ou,without any support or backup. EVERY other slot on the team having multiple helpers, some of which barely interacted in our cord. him constantly leaving empty promises over and over for how he would give me some test games in my channel, only to never show. sometimes he'd say i can soon and id wait for hours just for nothing. realised he wasn't reliable at all early on. all of this in tandem with his other actions made me dread interacting in our teamcord.

this led to me begging for help from literally anyone who would give me test games on other teams. i have a lot of gratitude for all the people willing to let me test my shit vs them. a huge huge thanks to Not Isza who actually offered to support me for the tournament despite being incredibly busy and dealing with incredibly serious stuff irl. he was a massive help when he was around, which cannot be understated. i would not have made it anywhere near as long without him. I genuinely appreciate it a ton, thank you.

every week it was the same shit. Seth messaging me after an 8 hour work day monday/tuesday to ask "where I am with this". despite me repeatedly saying "I do not have time until later in the week". he'd offer help yet not give any. he'd offer scouts but not supply any. he'd pester and pester when I repeatedly said I was busy. great manager.

I'm really sorry to all my teammates who I cancered on, you really did deserve better, but holy shit having to deal with this every week completely killed any interest I had in the tour. hope you all have better tournament experiences in the future.

justdrew

All dogs go to heaven
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
As one of the sites authorities on cringe, I'm going to make a potentially unwise post.

Like, whats the intention here? Is it to express frustration? Cool, do it privately. This is neither mine nor anyone else on this sites business. Have a private conversation about it. We're literally adults and you're well known users who have discord.

And what's this post in a public thread going to accomplish? You give yourself a bad look with a personal attack against a well known player. You certainly aren't benefitting anyone.

Also assume some responsibility. You went 3-3 in one of the most even pools ever and then cancered--contributing to your teams loss--and then just unnecessarily pin blame on someone after barely missing playoffs.

We know hardly anything about most the friends we have on this site, no less people we don't know well or at all. There's just no need to be abrasive, hurtful, or otherwise rude to people on a fucking online forum for a children's game. A lot of us come here to escape our real lives which is very difficult considering a lot of people on here are assholes.

When it's me telling people to act like adults, you know there's a problem. Can we just all stop being fucking genuinely toxic. Fuck.

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
Just want to post howking appreciation post
He gives 200 percent in every little side tour he manages,he is honestly one of the nicest person in the site and one of best manager I ever had in all those sidetours, always had great experience teaming with him.:heart::heart:

My opinion is that all post-tournament bashing posts should be banned, especially when conflicts can be settled privately.

It's irresponsible to encourage behaviour like this when it's mostly aimed at harassment/aggression/whatever word you want to use to define repeated public bashing, especially as we're all mostly adults and even if there are children playing too, they shouldn't see this as an example to be reproduced. If the TDs are responsible, they'll delete the posts and the future cringes copypastas

Whatever happened between hokins and cloes, it should stay between them / between their team / moderators, the other players shouldn't see it or get involved in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)