Smogon Champions League III - Semifinals [Tiebreaker @ Post 120]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indigo Platoon (1) vs (2) Studio Gible
SV OU: Finchinator vs mind gaming : he's gonna know what he's doing with gaming in his name
SV PU: MichaelderBeste2 vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d : it's in the name, he's der beste.
SV LC: Scottie vs ninjadog : i like the username
I have no idea who these people are

Orange Islanders (3) vs (0) Uncharted Terrors
SV OU: Welli0u vs xavgb : best prep
SV UU: pdt vs Accel : best player
SV DOU: JRL vs Nails : it's going in the bag
Go Islanders!

lax

cloutimus maximus
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 10th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RBTT Champion
Indigo Platoon (2) vs (1) Studio Gible
SV OU: Finchinator vs mind gaming - this is very exciting as Finch’s first ever tiebreak game. To quote another user “NE’s been too stacked and his teams have been too shit to TB in other years”. Despite 0 TB gaming, Finch is v experienced in high stress, intense games due to making poffs in many individual tours and his many experiences playing tour games in general. Mind looked unstoppable last SPL, with his worst played game being finals tiebreak vs Kebab, so there might be some nerves or pain from losing that series. I think Finch played better in their game despite the little hiccups at the end, and I’m on the train that if you want the win this bad that you’ll get it
SV PU: MichaelderBeste2 vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d - the S1n has demonstrated very strong prep in SV PU and his play has also been very strong (obv dude is 9-1). I don’t think Michael’s singles SV gaming has been strong and that he’ll need a lucky break to pull through here. He did get that break vs Gogbound who brought some extreme sheist (wide lens 6-0 tho), and I expect the game to kind of go similarly ie solid anti-meta tech goobs Michael. Lucky + good is a very strong combination for mons players, and both fit it. The S1n is just better in this tier and tournament
SV LC: Scottie vs ninjadog - it’s insane that Scottie has the chance to replicate or surpass the Lavos Run. While it is in DaBaby tier, it’s not insane to predict the dominant, 10-0 player to win against someone who’s been struggling

Orange Islanders (2) vs () Uncharted Terrors
SV OU: Welli0u vs xavgb - the only players I’d predict against stresh are myself, blunder, CTC, Vert, and storm zone. He is absolutely the premier SV OU player currently. He ladders all the time (supposedly) and steals all the best teams and techs he finds there. This is the way to play mons TBH. Well has a bunch of friends and OU support, but I just can’t imagine them being able to outprep stresh. I also can’t imagine many players outplaying stresh, and his consistency and dominance in every tour he’s played is a testament to that. Well is solid, but he has historically struggled in SV OU and stresh is the father of the tier
SV UU: pdt vs Accel - pdt has absolutely dicked me down the last 3 games I’ve played vs him, so I normally wouldn’t predict against him here. However, Accel clutched up big time last week and won pretty easily. He predicted the HO from pdt and prepared accordingly, and idt pdt will HO again here. A player like him who makes aggro doubles and attacks constantly just can’t roll up with HO that is generally formulaic in gameplay. This game is gonna be closer with pdt not using HO, but I gotta give Accel the edge after his performance in the clutch last week
SV DOU: JRL vs Nails - Nails is the best DOU player on smogon of all time, but you can’t beat the doubles tiebreak curse. The only way you defeat the curse is probably if the opponent doubles player is like 1-9 or 2-8 going into the game. In SPL X semis (Croven vs miltank) and Snake something finals (I forget who vs umbry), the teams that picked doubles picked it into a very competent doubles player and lost. JRL also manhandled him last week, so he’s certainly competent. I’m thinking this is a greed pick that will backfire against the Terrors

being a boomer armchair is fun now! Hope to see some fun games; gl to all but especially the Jerk platoon

Chris Chien Pao

formerly hunternoooob
Indigo Platoon (1) vs (2) Studio Gible
SV OU: Finchinator vs **mind gaming**
SV PU: MichaelderBeste2 vs **S1nn0hC0nfirm3d**
SV LC: **Scottie** vs ninjadog

Orange Islanders (1) vs (2) Uncharted Terrors
SV OU: Welli0u vs **xavgb **
SV UU: **pdt** vs Accel
SV DOU: JRL vs **Nail**

Maxouille

Gastrodon east sea <3
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
i hope next ndfl Isza isn't given a manager slot. he is incredibly incompetent and persistent at giving the impression of helping despite actually barely doing anything.

this tour was incredibly draining from week 1. drafting me as solo ou,without any support or backup. EVERY other slot on the team having multiple helpers, some of which barely interacted in our cord. him constantly leaving empty promises over and over for how he would give me some test games in my channel, only to never show. sometimes he'd say i can soon and id wait for hours just for nothing. realised he wasn't reliable at all early on. all of this in tandem with his other actions made me dread interacting in our teamcord.

this led to me begging for help from literally anyone who would give me test games on other teams. i have a lot of gratitude for all the people willing to let me test my shit vs them. a huge huge thanks to Not Isza who actually offered to support me for the tournament despite being incredibly busy and dealing with incredibly serious stuff irl. he was a massive help when he was around, which cannot be understated. i would not have made it anywhere near as long without him. I genuinely appreciate it a ton, thank you.

every week it was the same shit. Seth messaging me after an 8 hour work day monday/tuesday to ask "where I am with this". despite me repeatedly saying "I do not have time until later in the week". he'd offer help yet not give any. he'd offer scouts but not supply any. he'd pester and pester when I repeatedly said I was busy. great manager.

I'm really sorry to all my teammates who I cancered on, you really did deserve better, but holy shit having to deal with this every week completely killed any interest I had in the tour. hope you all have better tournament experiences in the future.
l2p

• Haha
Reactions: FFK

Niko

Sun God
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Indigo Platoon (2) vs (1) Studio Gible
SV OU: Finchinator vs mind gaming : Santuz
SV PU: MichaelderBeste2 vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d : played
SV LC: Scottie vs ninjadog : played

Orange Islanders (1) vs (2) Uncharted Terrors
SV OU: Welli0u vs xavgb : skill gap
SV UU: pdt vs Accel : skill gap
SV DOU: JRL vs Nails : skill gap

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
ggs to the Gibles, this was a great series from you guys and my team made too many mistakes to advance.

I am very sad to lose the deciding game when I think I was strongly favored without Draco crit or favored without full para. I made an overprediction on turn 9, so I do not really have any right to complain and it is just on me at the end of the day, but man this one stings more than normal...and this is coming from a guy who has lost a Lot of games.

I do not know what else to say besides I wish I could have brought a better result to my team and thank you for trusting me with this opportunity. I tried so hard to become one of the best players in this metagame after a bad WCoP haunted me and winning 8 games was good, but losing this one means more than all of these combined.

To the Platoon, I love this team. I love the managers and my fellow players. I wish we had a different effort in one regard perhaps, but I think our group was awesome and you guys are people I will consider friends for a long time. I thank you for trusting me and wish you all the best moving forward.

I will be back.

MichaelderBeste2

is the Smogon Tour Season 35 Championis the 1st Smogon Masters Winner
World Defender
I have to make clear what a bad Teammate, an insane bad teammate, I was. When you join a team tour such as SCL you have a certain responsibility when you get drafted. It should begin with having interest in the team or the games at least. I was a nightmare of a teammate because of multiple reasons:

1. I was inactive in every channel and didn't really help improving the feeling of a team.

2. I didn't build my teams. I am grateful to those who built the teams every week for me but this is a no-go as a teammate because I also didn't contribute much to the ideas I was given.

3. Not doing anything is one thing but only chatting in game discussion and pointing out how bad our teammates are is even worse. I still don't know why I do that but this is incredibly fraudulent.

4. Every single week I told my managers that I will do better next week but I never did that. I Just gave out empty promises which is inexcusable.

I realized that motivation is a big Part of a tournament but dragging others down is Just not social at all. I deeply apologize to my Managers Tony Star as well as my teammates.

I think there has never been a worse teammate than me so far. I will reflect on everything I have done. I don't know when I will be back to join team tournaments but this cannot keep going. I have to restrain myself to get a better Person first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)