Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITS REAL! SWEET AND HOLY JESUS HALLELUJIA IT IS REAL!

It had been reported as only a DS release, but apparently its both. I am so stoked!
OMG! Just hope it doesn't turn out to be another forgettable handheld RPG.

STOKED AS WELL.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
gonna buy myself a 3DS for birthday, with Tales of Abyss and Kid Icarus: Uprising

mainly decided on those two for replayability. tbh the only other two candidates were MK7 and Mario Tennis Open... which I'll buy eventually because honestly! <3
Not even considering OoT:3D, MGS3D, REvelations or Mario Land ?

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
Not even considering OoT:3D, MGS3D, REvelations or Mario Land ?
MGS3D and REvelations, yes. OoT and Mario Land...? I'm piss-tired (as literally can be taken) of playing it on the 64; i cant even sit through playin that thing again) and im not a big fan of mario platformers. i think the last one i really liked was mario sunshine lol

i dont have enough money thanks for remindin me :(

The news that there won't be a Kid Icarus: Uprising sequel is just saddening. I'm hoping for some DLC, but I'm just sort of devastated. ;_;
Sakurai didn't say that Uprising won't get a sequel--just that should Nintendo decide to make a sequel, he likely won't be the one behind it at all. So it's still possible that it will end up getting a sequel, but if it does, it would be a team like say... Retro Studios making it, and not Team Sora.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Everyone wants to make Retro develop a different game for Nintendo.. Metroid, Donkey Kong, Zelda.. And now Kid Ikarus, lol.

Just give them a break.

As for a Kid Ikarus sequel.. I wouldn't like a sequel, I'd like a prequel. Where you play as Magnus, I know it sounds pretty gimmicky, but really. They should show what made Magnus a really strong human, and how he knows Gaol.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm about 18 hours into Tales of the Abyss having finally picked it back up. With trying to find everything (which I assure you is impossible to do on your own) I've been in the habit of once clearing a dungeon/area go to a guide to figure out everything I need to do before another sidequest becomes unavailable.

It's frustrating and one of the worst qualities of the JRPG's but I doubt I'll be running through games multiple times in the near future and with work this summer.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Oh boy, I am past the halfway point (for Tales) and I know I should've looked at guides, but I decided not to and just ride the rollar coaster for that game. I really should've done so, but I don't care at this point and if anything, I will enjoy the second playthrough more thoroughly having understood what I missed.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The one advantage to replaying any Tales game if you are not aware is that all the grade you get from battles can be used to purchase things for new game+. Things like high item limits and 10x exp make running the game again to collect a few things much easier.

On the topic of Kid Icarus that game went through a good 3 games worth of plot compared to other Nintendo series. I also don't see Sakurai ever making sequels on the same hardware because he does tend to use the most of what he gets.
(Heck I'm still waiting for a decent sequel to Kirby Air Ride)

Well my hand is being forced now, they're apparently discontinuing the color I want, Aqua :(

Guess I'll pay closer attention to 3DS deals now that I'll be getting a credit back from my graduate school loans and whatever.

aVocado

@ Everstone
^ Exactly the opposite here. I don't like the idea behind the game or the addition of Disney characters to the series, but I did enjoy them. The gameplay was good. But really.. Why did they have to add disney characters ? They ruined our childhood memories.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Am I the only one who thinks KH in general is EXTREMELY overrated and overhyped ?
I think the reason is because Square Enix knows how to butter its fans up for sequels. The only reason why many fans want to know what happens next is because there were a TON of unanswered questions that came from KH2, which were then exemplified in KH358/2 Days and KH:BBS.

Still, every time I see news on the games I plan on buying, I'm like, "TAKE MY MONEY PLEASE, I WANT IT NOW"

Huh, a KH game that looks like it actually advances the plot. I think a 3DS is looking like a better option all the time, although I think I'm still waiting for a 3DSlite or 3dsi or what have you.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I just downloaded and tried the Rayman: Origins demo. Its definitely a beautiful game, and the 3D does actually look nice, accentuating the depth of the foreground and background. But at times your sprite is ridiculously tiny, and the physics or controls or whatever are really fluid and its hard for me to tell when i'm on a ledge or how high I can jump or whatever. I might finish the demo some other time. It definitely does look absolutely beautiful though. I'm just not too interested at the moment I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)