Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Jonathan was a Belmont.

Aria/Dawn of Sorrow was the best one they made since Symphony. Good times.

As far as a new one for the 3DS, I'd totally be up for a new game, but I'm not sure how 3DS-ish it would be. A lot of the nostalgia and fun comes from the side-scrolling. By comparison, the 3D Castlevanias have all been rubbish and I don't really know how you'd make use of the 3DS in a side-scrolling game.
Not a lot of people know this but PoR is actually a sequel too Bloodlines on the Sega Genesis. Jonathan is actually the son of Jon Morris from Bloodlines so technically Jonathan is not a Belmont. The game goes into more detail about how Jonathan is able to wield the Vampire Killer ( while not being a Belmont ) but I don't want to post spoilers. Eric Lecarde also makes an appearance in PoR as the ghost you quest for. Lecarde was Jon Morris's partner in Bloodlines.

In terms of the 3D Castlevanias, I thought that Lords of Shadow was decent. Sure the combat system was like God of War but it worked just as good as GoW and the storyline in the game was amazing. Totally wanted to buy the DLC afterwards because the ending to Lords of Shadow was unreal.

Nintendo has registed fireemblemawakening.com(if you try to go to it, it redirects to nintendo.com), so there's a good chance that it's coming to North America.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm also really stoked about the folder feature. I had about 60 icons and it was getting increasingly more annoying to organize them. Although, I wish folders would display more than the first letter of their names on the main screen. I ended up organizing my games by system and it was slightly annoying that both Game Boy and Game Boy Advance displayed as "G."

I actually read in the notification messages they send to the 3DS that they will be releasing patches to Mario Kart 7 in mid-May to fix up the shortcut glitches (and updating to the patch is required to play online matches!).

This is a good indication of progress in the future.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
^ Nintendo said they're planning to fix the Maka Wuhu glitch, but I forget when. ( Was it in the latest NintenoDirect ? Can't remember =| )

Also, if the bitches don't announce a 2D Castlevania and/or Fire Emblem american version, I'd hate them forever.

Wishlist for 3DS:
Castlevania
Super Smash Bros
Pokemon (Remake of RSE would be good too)
Brand new Legend of Zelda
Final Fantasy (FFVI Remake would make me jizz)

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
^ It's just a matter of time for Castlevania and Zelda.. And they've already confirmed SSB for 3DS in E3 '11.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just as a quick question for the owners out there right now, would you say that the 3DS as it stands is worth the money I'd drop on it and the appropriate games / downloads?

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Just as a quick question for the owners out there right now, would you say that the 3DS as it stands is worth the money I'd drop on it and the appropriate games / downloads?
for me, it has been. super mario 3d land was a masterpiece, and probably the first game that i ever 100%'d. kid icarus is also incredible fun. the online mode is crazy good -- light vs dark is just brilliant! and the customizability is on borderlands levels. also there are tons of downloadable titles (pushmo, mutant mudds, colors 3D) along with more retail games (tales, mario kart, resident evil, mgs3).

however, i'd wait to see what they have planned at e3 before you drop $200 on a system + game of choice.

Yes. The library of games remains small, but they're mostly AAA-grade games. Super mario land, Legend of Zelda, Resident Evil, Street Figher, it's all there.

However, special mention here goes to Kid Icarus Uprising: incredible value for a game with ludicrous amounts of replayability and fun. It also has the best visuals yet on the 3DS, if that's what you're looking for.

Final Fantasy Theatrhythm is a unique music game featuring tracks from all FF games. Also, Final Fantasy 3d is a working title.

Theatrhythm:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theatrhythm_Final_Fantasy
Yeah I'm aware of that, but when I first caught wind of it I seriously questioned how good a final fantasy rhythm game will be. I'll check out reviews and gameplay trailers before deciding to buy I guess

I wanted Final Fantasy Theatrhythm to be a little cheaper than the usual $40 price tag due to it just having songs and stuff and the fact that you need to pay for DLC songs. Too bad that's not happening =(

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I'm not at all a fan of rhythm games. But the Final Fantasy series has had some of the greatest, most inspiring video game music from the very first game. This could very well be my first rhythm game!

Super Smash Bros

Well with kid icarus finally complete Sakurai can get tl work on SSB 3ds/WiiU(which will probably come out in 2013)

Which brings me to my question. What would you like to see in the next SSB. I'd like to see a few guest characters notably megaman. Sonic and Snake were a huge hit. Bring some more new additions of even characters that were relatively unknown to certain people like Pit. DLC, and Version Exclusives wouldn't hurt. They'd definitely make more money by it

Which brings me to my question. What would you like to see in the next SSB. I'd like to see a few guest characters notably megaman. Sonic and Snake were a huge hit. Bring some more new additions of even characters that were relatively unknown to certain people like Pit. DLC, and Version Exclusives wouldn't hurt. They'd definitely make more money by it
I'm actually not going to care who they put cause I'm more interested to see which new pokemon they choose to put in as a playable character. Guess if I had to choose I'd at least want to see Fawful and the Shroobs (any kind really) appear.

Omg Fawful really needs to appear. One of my favorite mario villains.I would also like to see megaman and maybe Jill from resident evil can join in(seeing how she is in revelations and all).

I still don't get the Fawful love, I hated him in those games personally, sure a few of the lines were funny but they became bad jokes and tired quickly for me.

Still wishing some store would offer a decent deal for one, Target has it bundled with Nintendogs I think, but I hate Nintendogs (and dogs in general, but that's besides the point). TRU was offering a $20 giftcard, but that isn't enough to buy anything good. Think I might just end up using the Gamestop giftcards I get for doing online surveys eventually, then at least that's $50 I don't have to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)