Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well with kid icarus finally complete Sakurai can get tl work on SSB 3ds/WiiU(which will probably come out in 2013)

Which brings me to my question. What would you like to see in the next SSB. I'd like to see a few guest characters notably megaman. Sonic and Snake were a huge hit. Bring some more new additions of even characters that were relatively unknown to certain people like Pit. DLC, and Version Exclusives wouldn't hurt. They'd definitely make more money by it
The limit of "Four characters per franchise" wasn't a bad idea in Brawl, IMO, so if we could work within those constraints...

Pokemon would be a tough one. Personally, I dislike Jigglypuff and would like to see her removed from the roster. But is anything from Gen-5 popular enough to be used as a main character here? Lucario would probably be the most likely victim of the axe, but it makes so much sense for him to be there (Fighting Pokemon. Fighting game.) that I'd HATE to see him go. The only acceptable substitutes would be Blaziken (who was probably going to be in Lucario's place if Diamond and Pearl hadn't come out yet) or Keldeo (Fighting-type from 5th Gen and current promotional figure). I wouldn't put it past them to replace Red (with Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard) with a 5th-Gen version with Oshawott, Servine, and Emboar.

Maybe Ridley will be a playable character in this new game instead of a boss. I mean, isn't Bowser typically like four times bigger than Mario? But he's playable.

From Fire Emblem, I'd kind of like to see someone else besides a swordsman. Maybe Hector from Blazing Sword. Or a mage-like character (I'm not as well-versed in Fire Emblem as I'd like to be, so no mages seem important enough off the bat. Feel free to help me out here.).

After the supposed success of Uprising, I'd like to think Palutena might be a possibility for a playable character (most likely a secret character). Pit would cover the bow, while Palutena might be better off with a blade or a staff, or claws like in the Revolting Dinner cartoon. ( :D )

And if they attempt another Subspace Emissary-style adventure mode, I'd like to see a much greater focus on villains pooling their resources together to create a massive monstrous army. It's kind of disappointing when the enemies are limited to Mario enemies and Subspace creatures. What about Koopa Troopas working alongside Octoroks, Space Pirates (the Metroid kind), Sir Kibbles, Koffings, and the Tikis from DKC Returns? With Twinbellows leading the charge at the end of the level? (Not enough bossses in Subspace, btw.) On the other hand, let's also drop the Great Maze level at the end, okay? That was painful.

I'd like to have Dillon the Armadillo in, since he's so cool aesthetically, but he's probably too close to Sonic (animals that roll). Defenitely hope for an improved version of supspace.

From Fire Emblem, I'd kind of like to see someone else besides a swordsman. Maybe Hector from Blazing Sword. Or a mage-like character (I'm not as well-versed in Fire Emblem as I'd like to be, so no mages seem important enough off the bat. Feel free to help me out here.).

Riev from FE8! He is underrated as a character

The limit of "Four characters per franchise" wasn't a bad idea in Brawl, IMO, so if we could work within those constraints...

After the supposed success of Uprising, I'd like to think Palutena might be a possibility for a playable character (most likely a secret character). Pit would cover the bow, while Palutena might be better off with a blade or a staff, or claws like in the Revolting Dinner cartoon. ( :D )

If we have four characters from Uprisng...

If we have four characters from Uprising(which I want but probably won't get) I would like them to be Pit, Paleutena, Medusa, and Viridi/Hades(depending on if they want to spoil the fact that Hades exists.)

Honestly, every character in Uprising has their own weapons and is very likeable to the point that I want and Uprising-only fighting game.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think we need to hold down some of the ssb wishmaking. For one if i can't even remember the character despite playing FE8 twice they won't make it in. Only a Lord really has a chance to be in it. If they wanted a magic user it will probably end up being Micaiah.

In terms of Kid Icarus Palutena would be the only viable and recognizable one, although Pit's Final Smash may need an aesthetic change.

Alternate costumes would also be really fun to put in, brawl just had Wario and they could figure out something for everyone. If the costumes also changed some small aspects of the characters playstyle we might just eliminate clones altogether.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Just got Tales of the Abyss and am enjoying every single minute of it. It's actually what I was looking for in a decent handheld RPG for the 3DS.

Tear/Anise ftw.

I totally forgot the name as well, but the Lord from FE that used a spear as a main weapon (before being promoted and gaining a lame horse) was different from the usual sword wielders. Or Hector from blazing swords of course would make a great fighter.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If we have four characters from Uprisng...

If we have four characters from Uprising(which I want but probably won't get) I would like them to be Pit, Paleutena, Medusa, and Viridi/Hades(depending on if they want to spoil the fact that Hades exists.)

Honestly, every character in Uprising has their own weapons and is very likeable to the point that I want and Uprising-only fighting game.
Really minor spoilers about OoT and Uprising in the next line. Stop reading now if you're a whiny baby when it comes to spoilers, like me.

They spoiled the fact that Sheik is Zelda in SSBM/SSBB before.. Plus only knowing that Hades exists isn't really a spoiler..

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
He just made the text white.

I could see them including Pandora infused Dark Pit or Magnus but that is about it. I don't think they will include any of the gods.

i'm gonna be so butthurt if there's no golden sun representation in the next ssb. i'm still pissed that isaac was condemned to be an assist trophy, considering his series' success and technically-third-party-but-arguably-much-less-of-a-third-party-than-other-third-parties status.

i doubt if micaiah would make it in as a new fire emblem representative, and definitely not hector (as much as i love him) or riev. these folks are all from entries in the FE series that, having come out before brawl, are kind of irrelevant now. if anything they'll use the lord from the new 3ds fire emblem - which is apparently out in japan now.

i'm gonna be so butthurt if there's no golden sun representation in the next ssb. i'm still pissed that isaac was condemned to be an assist trophy, considering his series' success and technically-third-party-but-arguably-much-less-of-a-third-party-than-other-third-parties status.

i doubt if micaiah would make it in as a new fire emblem representative, and definitely not hector (as much as i love him) or riev. these folks are all from entries in the FE series that, having come out before brawl, are kind of irrelevant now. if anything they'll use the lord from the new 3ds fire emblem - which is apparently out in japan now.
You make a good point about Golden Sun, though DD really kinda rubbed me the wrong way, it was way too damn linear and literally would not let you leave stuff when you wanted to, but they really need some love and not as lame assist trophies.

Let's be fair also, Marth and Roy were included when no FE game had even hit the states, so always a chance we could see Hector, especially if they go with the trio and ditch the current ones for newer faces. But you are right in that likely whatever lord from the 3DS one will get included.

Honestly my ideal SSB4 roster would include any of Ridley/King K. Rool/Mega Man Classic/Simon Belmont/Hector/Mewtwo but that's pretty much wishful thinking on my part, especially considering Hector hasn't been relevant for a while.

For pokemon, Pikachu and Jiggles are pretty much given, but I think Zoroark could replace Lucario. By the time SSB4 comes out, I think they might switch Pokemon Trainer to R/S and have Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken due to the inevitable R/S remakes.

Just got Tales of the Abyss and am enjoying every single minute of it. It's actually what I was looking for in a decent handheld RPG for the 3DS.

Tear/Anise ftw.

I just finished my first Playthrough the other day - the amount of important missable stuff really gets my goat. Basically couldn't get Anise's Collosseum weapon because all of her late-game strategies involve having the Ant Lion Man accessory, and I missed everything after the first step.

You basically HAVE to use a Walkthrough for the entire game to avoid missing stuff.

I do like the costumes though. Tear's "Cool Chick", Anise's "Little Devil", and Natalia's "Star of Malkuth" and swimsuit are favourites.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
So what do you guys think of the fact that digital downloads will be the same price as physical carts? Is it the same way for steam and other services like that? I had just assumed that since they don't have to pay for a physical cartridge, and build the innards, and stickers, and box, and box art, that it would be cheaper to download than to purchase the physical cartridge.

nope

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
I've seen games that are $50 or $60 for a physical copy and $40 on steam.

So basically, they're being stupid >.>

So what do you guys think of the fact that digital downloads will be the same price as physical carts? Is it the same way for steam and other services like that? I had just assumed that since they don't have to pay for a physical cartridge, and build the innards, and stickers, and box, and box art, that it would be cheaper to download than to purchase the physical cartridge.

nope
Same reason e-books are scarcely cheaper than their physical version really, they know people will pay the same price regardless as unfair as it is. Which is why buying a physical version is better since at least you can exchange it in Gamestop or something for a bit of money back when you're done with it I'd say.

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
gonna buy myself a 3DS for birthday, with Tales of Abyss and Kid Icarus: Uprising

mainly decided on those two for replayability. tbh the only other two candidates were MK7 and Mario Tennis Open... which I'll buy eventually because honestly! <3

nope
Well considering the cost of manufacture of cartridge etc. is basically nil these days anyway, and 99.99% of the value of the game is contained in the IP, I'm not surprised at all.

My guess is that they didn't want to screw the retailer stores. I really don't get what the big deal is and why people are getting mad over it. If you really thought they were going to be cheaper, than that was just wishful thinking.

I think the pokemon conquest looks awesome. Usually the spin-off games suck.. I played Mage Knights when I was a kid.. This game looks like a way advanced version of that, with pokemon. I seriously can't wait.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy

ITS REAL! SWEET AND HOLY JESUS HALLELUJIA IT IS REAL!

It had been reported as only a DS release, but apparently its both. I am so stoked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)