Move 1: Surf
Move 2: Air Slash
Move 3: Ice Beam
Move 4: Roost
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Keen Eye
Nature(s): Modest / Bold
EVs: 252 HP/ 40 Def / 212 Satk

I've used this to much success and much surprise. When you see Peliper usually your first reaction is to laugh, until you are hit with more power than expected. Nature corresponds to an offensive or defensive concept respectively. The extra bulk afforded by Bold allows for easier switches especially into the likes of Azumaril. EV's are relatively self-explanatory.

I've tried a bulky special attacking Pelipper in the past (forgot the EVs, etc) with a moveset of Agility/Surf/Air Slash/Roost, and it worked fairly good too, so maybe you could make Agility an option over Ice Beam with an EV change. I can't really see any flaws with the set though, except that you are wasting 4 EVs (6, but only 4 are significant)

I can't really think of what else to add...

Well here is a new Arcanine set I made and it proved to be very effective.

Moveset Name: FPArcanine
Move 1: Extremespeed
Move 2: Overheat
Move 3: Flare Blietz
Move 4: Toxic / Morning Sun
Item: Flame plate
Ability: intimidate / flash fire
Nature(s): Naive
EVs: 176 Atk / 116 Spa / 216

I got this idea from the set "MixMence". This set focuses on both of Arcanines offensive options. Like Mixmence, it carries to STAB attacks that hit from different dides of the spectrum. The item is what makes this set interesting though. Arcanine has problems switching with SR up, so life orb was a bad choice. Flameplate is the ideal choice for this set for two reasons:
1 it doesnt have recoil damage
2 2/4 of this sets moves get boosted
the last move is up to the players choice. Toxic can cripple some common switch ins such as Slowbro and Rest-talkless Milotic, while morning sun can heal arcanine.
Both abilities are useful here, so it depends on the rest of the team.

What exactly is Overheat hitting harder than FB? Other than a one time bluff I don't see why not just use max attack and Flare Blitz/ ES/ Morning Sun/ filler

What exactly is Overheat hitting harder than FB? Other than a one time bluff I don't see why not just use max attack and Flare Blitz/ ES/ Morning Sun/ filler
God, everybody is so critical of sets here. It is the "Creative Moveset Thread" so calm down. :P
I think a Mixed Arcanine is very viable. Overheat could deal a lot of damage to a defensive wall like Donphan who can switch into most physical Arcanine pretty easily. Fire Blast over Overheat might be an option, so you can hit more than one time, but other than that I can't seem to find a better option.

Steelix, Weezing, Uxie, Donphan, and Rhyperior off the top. I think Overheat followed by FB on donphan is a 1HKO or close with the right EVs (this is from my experience without fire plate). Besides most of Arcanine's filler moves are trash. Thank God he got morning sun.

I ran a set similar to this before the new tier lists and overheat was rather helpful at times since I had no way to recover off the recoil damage. Also, if I knew I could severely damage or kill or poke with overheat then I would do so saving myself to recall giving myself an easier time switching if SR was in play.

@Dark Ace: I would consider changing the EV's on the set so that you are running just enough spa to hit those few mons harder and no more so you don't weaken FB and ES too much. Since you are running fire plate I'd think morning sun would be necessary, even with intimidate Nine wont get too many switch-ins, especially with SR. I've run Toxic on Arcanine to hit bro and milo but even after the toxic they can still switch-in and wall you and recover when you have to send out another poke. Why not use that turn to recover, orb better yet, double switch?

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've been using this Raikou set on my team (peaked 3rd on ladder) for a while now and let me say it's been ridiculously effective.

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/160 Def/96 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

The speed outpaces +nature Base 95 Pokemon, which is nice because of the increased amounts of Arcanine (any less and it could use Flare Blitz > Extreme Speed, which deals a LOT of damage to Raikou). The rest of the EVs are funneled into HP and Defense. This set pretty much thwarts any attempts the opponent makes at using Pokemon that beat Raikou via high SpD and being able to -just barely- break its Substitutes (Like Blissey, Umbreon, Lickilicky, Miltank, Registeel, more defensive versions of Venusaur).

It suffers from being completely harmless against opposing Ground-types, and if your opponent has a Dugtrio that you're not aware of, it's all over for this Raikou, but a double switch to something like Torterra (who I personally have on my team) will generally make short work of any Ground-type that is in your Raikou's way to sweep. Similarly, Honchkrow is a pretty stellar Ground-type lure, and while it's likely you'll lose your Honch in the process of getting rid of Donphan / Steelix / Rhyperior / Quagsire, without a Ground-type Pokemon to wall this, it's likely to make a sweep.

Especially against a stall team, if they don't have a Ground-type, or they let it die, it's pretty much GG.

I've been using this Raikou set on my team (peaked 3rd on ladder) for a while now and let me say it's been ridiculously effective.

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/160 Def/96 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

The speed outpaces +nature Base 95 Pokemon, which is nice because of the increased amounts of Arcanine (any less and it could use Flare Blitz > Extreme Speed, which deals a LOT of damage to Raikou). The rest of the EVs are funneled into HP and Defense. This set pretty much thwarts any attempts the opponent makes at using Pokemon that beat Raikou via high SpD and being able to -just barely- break its Substitutes (Like Blissey, Umbreon, Lickilicky, Miltank, Registeel, more defensive versions of Venusaur).

It suffers from being completely harmless against opposing Ground-types, and if your opponent has a Dugtrio that you're not aware of, it's all over for this Raikou, but a double switch to something like Torterra (who I personally have on my team) will generally make short work of any Ground-type that is in your Raikou's way to sweep. Similarly, Honchkrow is a pretty stellar Ground-type lure, and while it's likely you'll lose your Honch in the process of getting rid of Donphan / Steelix / Rhyperior / Quagsire, without a Ground-type Pokemon to wall this, it's likely to make a sweep.

Especially against a stall team, if they don't have a Ground-type, or they let it die, it's pretty much GG.
Ah, CroKou. One of my favorite sets that I used in the first phase of testing, and swept countless unprepared teams. Mind you, this was back when solid Ground types were few and far between. Now, with lots of quality Ground types populating UU, and Dugtrio in particular, it would take an awful lot of balls to run a set like this, so congrats to you for having lots of balls. I'm quite jealous.

To be honest though, it doesn't surprise me that you have had a lot of success with it, particularly against more defensive teams. A well-built offense can easily lure and dispatch the enemy's Ground types, especially with the borderline broken Honchkrow around.

I , personally, prefer Entei for that task. It can't outspeed much and it's a Fire type, but he's bulkier than Raikou and Lava Plume can screw most physical counters(Azumarill, Feraligatr,Rhyperior...). It can stall out some pokes immune to fire except Hounddom, and it can stall Milotic and Slowbro too(beware of CH hits and Haze on Milotic/Calm Mind on Slowbro). It can even take Brave Birds form Honchrow like a real man(3HKO if you're lucky... but Entei great HP means Honchrow can lose high amounts of health).

The pokes it can wall and set up on are:

Hitmontop
Blaziken
Venusaur
Registeel
Chansey(stall war... though most of the time Entei wins)
Ambipom(yes, Ambipom)

The ones he can set up depending of the set and luck:

Slowbro
Milotic
Arcanine
Mismagius
Lanturn
Umbreon
Alakazam
Froslass
and such...

The ones you would love if crippled by Lava Plume burn rate:

Azumarill
Feraligatr
Aggron
Rhyperior
Gallade
Honchrow(though it can beat this without the burn)

Badly walled by:

Any Flash Fire user(Houndoom being the most dangerous one)

Blaziken can just set up Sword Dances and smash Entei with a non-fire attack. Feraligatr and Azumaril, and even Aggron and Rhyperior can set up Substitutes and not get burned. Gallade can Swords Dance and not give a shit about burn, or just shed it off with Lum Berry. Also, Froslass and Alakazam can Taunt / Encore. Arcanine has Flash Fire, or Roar (usually paired with bulky Intimidate sets).

Missy can set up Calm Minds, and probably beat entei with it's much more impressive SpA and SpD Stat.

Lot's of those "set up" Pokemon are not actually set up Pokemon...not to mention with Spikes and SR Entei is going to come in with 50% HP.

Blaziken can just set up Sword Dances and smash Entei with a non-fire attack. Feraligatr and Azumaril, and even Aggron and Rhyperior can set up Substitutes and not get burned. Gallade can Swords Dance and not give a shit about burn, or just shed it off with Lum Berry. Also, Froslass and Alakazam can Taunt / Encore. Arcanine has Flash Fire, or Roar (usually paired with bulky Intimidate sets).

Missy can set up Calm Minds, and probably beat entei with it's much more impressive SpA and SpD Stat.

Lot's of those "set up" Pokemon are not actually set up Pokemon...not to mention with Spikes and SR Entei is going to come in with 50% HP.
Huh, like if i'm going to stay against any of those... what i meant is to burn them in the switch in...
And you underestimate Entei bulkyness... Missy won't beat Entei even with CM, trust me.

Much more impressive sp.atk? 15 more sp.atk isn't much more impressive... and his sp.def is much higher,yes, but you forgot Entei HP... 115 X 60 is a great difference.
And who uses Blaziken with SD?

Arcanine is in the "depending of the set" part precisely because of Flash Fire... and Arcanine can't break through Entei defenses so it can be PP stalled with Entei Pressure ability

And with 2 CM(one in the switch in and another as they try to surf you) a minimun sp.atk Slowbro/Milotic does 45% to Entei. One more CM and they can't 3HKO Entei, meaning you can Resttalk to get some more CM unless they crit you), that's why they are on the "depending of the set"part.

Alakazam and Froslass can Taunt, but again Lava Plume can save the day.

PS: it survives a Rhyperior Earthquake at full health... impressive, huh? It survived even Rampardos Stone Edge twice(maybe it was a strangely EVed one lol)...
Not that i'm going to stay... unless i'm strangely feeling that i'm gonna burn them lol.

So i still prefer Entei to Raikou anyday for a SleepTalk set.

Huh, like if i'm going to stay against any of those... what i meant is to burn them in the switch in...
What why would you just randomly Lava Plume, especially against something like Milotic that you could be setting up against (and if Entei comes in vs Milotic, it's clearly a CM variant). You can't afford to use Lava Plume right away in most situations.
M BLADE said:
Lot's of People? It can even beat Entei with a simple Choice Band set, Low Kick 2HKOes 100% of the time.
M BLADE said:
Arcanine is in the "depending of the set" part precisely because of Flash Fire... and Arcanine can't break through Entei defenses so it can be PP stalled with Entei Pressure ability
Roar. Though, if Entei is your last Pokemon you have a case.
M BLADE said:
Froslass is really dangerous, because it can come in on Rest and just Taunt you, set up Spikes, and Destiny Bond away. Alakazam is a more surefire counter, it can come in and just Encore Calm Mind or Rest.

Lava Plume has a 30% burn rate... yet you act like everything that comes in will be burned. Some of those Pokemon have fun with burn, e.g. Milotic, so I really don't see your point.

Much more impressive sp.atk? 15 more sp.atk isn't much more impressive... and his sp.def is much higher,yes, but you forgot Entei HP... 115 X 60 is a great difference.
Mismagius has far better immunities to capitalize on, plus it lacks a glaring SR weakness, and is immune to Spikes and Toxic Spikes. And it has a better movepool and stat spread for sweeping.

A lot of people do, actually. It works quite well.

Entei may be able to wall Arcanine, but it can't do anything back. Plus, Arcanine's Morning Sun allows it to wall Entei, even as it gets walled itself. You can't set up on it, and ResTalking carries the dangerous risk of strengthening it even more, if it has Flash Fire.

with 2 CM(one in the switch in and another as they try to surf you) a minimun sp.atk Slowbro/Milotic does 45% to Entei. One more CM and they can't 3HKO Entei, meaning you can Resttalk to get some more CM unless they crit you), that's why they are on the "depending of the set"part.
What do you do against CM Slowbro or LOTic? Entei becomes set-up bait, and something(s) get crippled/beaten badly.

You act like Lava Plume can beat anything. Froslass will Taunt, then go to something like NP Houndoom, for example, and your team gets viciously swept. Alakazam can Encore CM or Rest, and then goes to something that can set up.

PS: it survives a Rhyperior Earthquake at full health... impressive, huh? It survived even Rampardos Stone Edge twice(maybe it was a strangely EVed one lol)...
Not that i'm going to stay... unless i'm strangely feeling that i'm gonna burn them lol.

So i still prefer Entei to Raikou anyday for a SleepTalk set.
Even if you burn Rhyperior, you die next turn. Same with Rampardos. Entei may be bulkier, but Raikou carries a greater surprise factor, and has more opportunities to set up.

I said that against CM Slowbo he isn't staying in(and Haze Milotic too. I forgot to mention LOtic)

Let's compare both Raikou and Entei against some of the threats on the UU metagame:

PS: LOOOOOONG POST

Rhyperior: No one stays in. Raikou obviously has to switch out, so does Entei. IF you use Lava Plume on the exact switch you have 30% chance of burning it(and cutting
his usefulness a lot). Raikou won't even hit it.

Azumarill/Feraligatr: Again, Lava Plume can burn on the switch. But Raikou easily beats those ones.

Bulky Waters: Lol Raikou obviously. Entei only has a chance IF THEY HAVE A TANK SET(Caps Lock on that because i think both of you didn't understand that part). Any other set from them and Entei loses. Badly. Poor Entei.

Bulky Grounds:
Entei obviously even though both are hit for SE.

Venusaur:
sets up on Raikou(if it's a SD set). Special sets and Raikou can set up. Entei just beat this regardless of the set.

Swellow:
Raikou OHKO it. Entei needs 2 Lava Plumes. But can survive some Facades better than Raikou.

Aggron: Both can beat this. EQ does a number on Raikou and Head Smash is OUCH to Entei (actually one of the only things that can OHKO a full health Entei with physical hits, the other being... CB Stone Eges from Rampardos and Rhyperior... ans CB Waterfall from Azumarill). Again, 30% chance of crippling it for the rest of the match, but don't count on it.

Chansey: both lols at Chansey. Entei can take 5 Seismic Tosses with Leftovers. Raikou hits harder. But Entei can burn it so it ends doing a little more damage(believe me, many people let Entei set up his 6 CM... dunno why)

Arcanine: Raikou can beat it easily. Entei can beat through PP stalling(Flash Fire versions) or CM Lava Plumes(Intimidate without Roar). Roar means annoyance to Entei.
PS: Here 031 said about Morning Sun. Morning Sun has only 8 PP, and Arcanines without Roar are an excuse for Entei to set up CM(Intimidate again). If you stay on Flash Fire versions you can PP stall it... but at the risk of sleeping while the adversary predicts it and send something to scare it off.

Blaziken: SD versions are more rare(don't say it isn't because it is). Raikou can beat it more easily, but Entei handles it well(versions without SD)and uses Blaziken as an excuse to set up more CMs than Raikou(which will just force it out). Scarf versions are a problem to Raikou though, and are lol to Entei.

Alakazam: If it has Encore, both are Encored and forced to switch. Without Encore, it just hits both hard or Trick something to it. No advantage here.

Froslass: both are going to be Taunted and Destiny Bonded. Entei has SE hits though(and blablabla burn shit)

Mismagius:here 031ap said about Mismagius on the sweeping side of the thing. Which isn't the case of this discuss.
Both can handle Mismagius. That's it.

Rotom:
Entei. Raikou can use Rotom as an excuse to set up though. If both are Tricked...

Clefable:
Both can handle it. CM versions are annoying to both(but Entei resists Ice Beam, and Raikou resists Thunderbolt). Both can be Encored. Entei can take Facades better. Raikou deals more damage.

Tangrowth:
isn't going to stay in against both. Especially Entei.

Honchrow:
Brave bird is resisted by Raikou. Against Entei Brave Bird is suicidal. But a damaged poke is better than a dead one, so Raikou wins.

Altaria:
DD versions are a pain for both. But Raikou hits for neutral so it wins. Entei loses here again.

Houndoom:
Raikou. Entei is set up on. Bring your wall or else...

Ambipom:
Entei. Raikou can't stay against repeated Returns to set up his CM. Entei can.

Drapion:
draw. Raikou outspeeds, Entei takes the hits like nothing.

Dugtrio
: means a dead Raikou. Entei can survive his CB Earthquakes with plenty of health left. And can hit Dugtrio. But won't KO without a CM or two.

Registeel:
Most are going to Explode against Entei. Takes less than 50% from his Explosion. Against Raikou they can EQ then Explode for the KO. So with Raikou you need to predict correctly while with Entei you can set up wuth less worries.

Hariyama: Entei uses it as an excuse for set up(ones without Whirlwind... not many of them unfortunately). Raikou is on the same boat. Guts ones means pain for both.

Any poke used on rain dance teams: Raikou. No more comments here.

Sceptile:
Entei. No more comments here.

Scyther: wow, suddenly Raikou is slower... maybe has to deal with a SD Bug Bite or a U-Turn. U-Turn is soft on Entei. can take a SD Aerial Ace better than Raikou can take the SD Bug Bite. Baton Pass to someone? Ugh... both won't like that...

Nidoking: ENTEI. Though both are likely to lose. Entei at least blablabla luck.

Spiritomb:
lol for both.

Steelix: Entei. Entei. Entei.

Weezing: both. Entei can shrug Will-o-Wisp(with Rest that doen't matter much)

Umbreon:
both. As Lemmiwinks MkII said, it's easier for Entei since it can burn them on a Curse set and the burn can't be reflected back. Other sets are equal for both.

Torterra: ENTEI.

Moltres:
RAIKOU. But Entei can use it as an excuse to set up on. But can be PP stalled just like Entei can PP stall Moltres.

Toxicroak: Entei. Raikou is faster and can beat it too though.

Uxie/Mesprit
: Both.

Hitmons:
both. But i dunno if Raikou can take repeated Close Combats. There's Mach Punch to hit both before they sleep.

So there you go. Raikou beats some key pokes Entei can't. Especially some more used threats(waters?Check. Swellow and Honchrow? Check). He can take more threatening pokes with more ease than Entei, who struggles against most of them.

Entei can try and beat/cripple most of his counters unlike Raikou. And can take a large portion of the less used UU pokes(and some of the most used too). So he's scared off more often, but it can push his luck(PS: switchins mostly) and help his teamates.

If you don't agree with something i said here, then post what and why you don't agree.
I(MY OPINION) still prefer to use Entei. Who's better? Dunno. And i never said Entei was better lol, i said that i prefer Entei PERSONALLY.

PS: I HATE being dislogged everytime... damn lol

It should be mentioned that Curse Umbreon can set up alongside a CroKou and do some decent damage with Payback, all the while taking hits and recovering quite easily due to lack of investment in special attack. Against Entei this is less viable due to the higher bulk and chance to burn, which isn't reflected back. So Entei wins that one.

And why would Dugtrio use Stone Edge on Entei when EQ does a lot more?

I always used to run 352 speed on CroKou when I used to use it, for what it's worth. But more defense is viable too.

It should be mentioned that Curse Umbreon can set up alongside a CroKou and do some decent damage with Payback, all the while taking hits and recovering quite easily due to lack of investment in special attack. Against Entei this is less viable due to the higher bulk and chance to burn, which isn't reflected back. So Entei wins that one.

And why would Dugtrio use Stone Edge on Entei when EQ does a lot more?

I always used to run 352 speed on CroKou when I used to use it, for what it's worth. But more defense is viable too.
What? Why the hell i wrote Stone Edge? Lol i hate when i don't pay attention to what i write...
Crokou needs some speed while Entei needs maximum bulkyness, that's true. Raikou without any speed is... strange. Very strange. Especially when we have the slow ass Ampharos with almost the same stats(but no CM... and slow, very slow).
The best pair to Raikou probably is a bulky water(to take grounds out of the way) while the best pair for Entei are bulky grasses(to take waters and rock types... Entei can hit ground pokes with a neutral attack, but a bulky grass takes care of them too).

If your goal is to hurt walls early on why not use swords dance? The only pokemon you listed that would run enough Spe EV's to beat you are Saur and Milo who, based on your calcs, feraligator isn't beating ayway. Now with +2 attack you get:

the 1hko on Registeel with leftovers (95.60%-112%) and on cloyster (88.82%-104.6%)
The chance of a 2HKO on milotic with lefties+sr is 60%

2HKO's are the same on Bro and Uxie. Altaria will be in trouble with sr on the field. Venusar is still up in the air as the amount of sets flying around is just silly but without a SE attack most waters wont be able to take it down anyway.

+2 lowkick gets the 2HKO on Omastar (utility set)

You also overlooked Tangrowth and Leafeon. You have no chance against monjobo even at +2 as a 100BP lowkick is only doing 30% and crunch is hitting leafeon for 46% (136HP adamant) and he outspeeds.
Ah I didn't type out what I meant to say in my head, which was break down the walls and the most common switch ins while still maintaining sweeping capanilites. Truth is it can't always be used at a designated point in the game. I can say now that it is most effective mid game.

With his crappy speed he really needs the speed boost to do anything.

At +2, Tangrowth is barely 2HKO'd by Ice punch so you lose in anycase.
With Sword dance instead of DD Leafeon outspeeds (and counters) you anyways along with a good portion of the tier.

Threats (that i can think of right now) to watch for with Waterfall, Low Kick, Crunch: Toxicroak, Torterra, Venusaur, Milotic, some Altaria.

Torterra, Toxicroak, and Altaria don't usually switch with because of threat from IP and EQ from the normal DD set. Venusaur's are sometimes OHKO'd by IP sometime not, the EV spreads are so varied at the moment so thats such a toss up that IMO it's not worth it staying in unless they are below below 50%.

Tangrowth, Leafeon, Poliwrath are NU counters which you won't be getting by soon anyways.

Milotic aside, offensive and defensive Moltres do well against all the rest of the walls that get in the way. Altaria and Weezing are good switch ins to those that force you out although Moltres and Altaria need to be careful of Stone Edges from Torterra and Weezing needs to watch for NP Toxicroak.

I'm sure at this point you have figured out what to do when Milotic shows its face on the field.

This would be really easy to slash with the standard DD set.

I think I've posted this set before... dunno for sure. Anyways, I think this Beedrill set deserves to bee (Haha, pun intended) added to his analysis (which I hope to write sooner than later).

Beedrill (M) @ Salac Berry/ Lum Berry
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature
- U-turn
- Endeavor
- Substitute
- Toxic Spikes
---

All the awesomeness that is Beedrill can be melted down into this one, single moveset. This set is primarily meant for team support because it can accomplish so many things with little effort. Here is the breakdown.

U-Turn allows Beedrill to scout switches while racking up "passive" damage as well as finishing off weakened opponents.

Endeavor will assure that atleast something will die.

Substitute is a key component to this set. After Beedrill Subs 3 times his ability, Swarm, kicks in boosting his U-Turn damage. After ~4+ Subs your oppoenent will be losing ALOT of health thanks to Endeavor's effect. Finally at 5 Subs your pinch berry kicks-in allowing Beedrill to outspeed most threats that are faster than him. Often resulting in 2 or more Pokemon lost for your opponent (assuming that they are poisoned due to Toxic Spikes).

Toxic Spikes works great in conjunction with Endeavor as well as Team Support.

I can't believe no one posted this yet:

Best way to kill physical sweepers:

Works best on a hail team

Cruelass (Froslass)
Froslass (F) @ Brightpowder
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 248 Hp/8 Def/252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Swagger
- Attract
- Thunder Wave/Toxic
---

Basically, a Faster Version of a StallRein. Chansey can't Seismic Toss you or neither does the pissed off physical attacker get to explode because of the Ghost typing.

Switch in onto anything that is scared of Blizzard (Set preferred to be used in Hail because of Snow Cloak) and get ready to piss the opponent off and make the physical sweeper die of confusion.

EVs are given for 4 substitutes. One may opt to switch Thunder Wave to Toxic against a wall.
:naughty:

I don't see that as the best option to abuse snow cloak. It isn't really like stallrein at all. Taunts ruins you completely. The set in the analysis works much better as lass is setting up spikes atleast.

I don't see that as the best option to abuse snow cloak. It isn't really like stallrein at all. Taunts ruins you completely. The set in the analysis works much better as lass is setting up spikes atleast.
I agree with what you've said, but this set was made to deal with Sweepers... In my experience, most sweepers do not carry Taunt. Also, a random question, does the game calculate Confusion damage from the Pokémon's Atk and Def if a Physical move is used, and its SpA and SpD if the move is special?

I agree with what you've said, but this set was made to deal with Sweepers... In my experience, most sweepers do not carry Taunt. Also, a random question, does the game calculate Confusion damage from the Pokémon's Atk and Def if a Physical move is used, and its SpA and SpD if the move is special?
It's always Attack and Def. This is the reason this set is not very effective with Chansey. Also, the reason why Toxic is listed as an option.

@LMK You should try using this in a hail team for any sweeper you can't kill. I already tried this before. I agree that taunt ruins this set, but the goal here is to stall. It's like saying that Chansey is completely walled by a Taunt Spiritomb.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think I've posted this set before... dunno for sure. Anyways, I think this Beedrill set deserves to bee (Haha, pun intended) added to his analysis (which I hope to write sooner than later).

Beedrill (M) @ Salac Berry/ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature
- U-turn
- Endeavor
- Substitute
- Toxic Spikes
---

All the awesomeness that is Beedrill can be melted down into this one, single moveset. This set is primarily meant for team support because it can accomplish so many things with little effort. Here is the breakdown.

U-Turn allows Beedrill to scout switches while racking up "passive" damage as well as finishing off weakened opponents.

Endeavor will assure that atleast something will die.

Substitute is a key component to this set. After Beedrill Subs 3 times his ability, Swarm, kicks in boosting his U-Turn damage. After ~4+ Subs your oppoenent will be losing ALOT of health thanks to Endeavor's effect. Finally at 5 Subs your pinch berry kicks-in allowing Beedrill to outspeed most threats that are faster than him. Often resulting in 2 or more Pokemon lost for your opponent (assuming that they are poisoned due to Toxic Spikes).

Toxic Spikes works great in conjunction with Endeavor as well as Team Support.
This is similar to the Lead Beedrill set I use. The problem with this set is that U-Turn and Salac Berry is definitely counter-productive (In need of a better description but you get the idea), and since you are so low on health after those subs, anything does isn't affected by Toxic Spikes (Which is a lot) will kill you if you use Endeavor, and possibly survive U-Turn. This isn't even mentioning the 25% you are taking from SR in your next switch-in. Beedrill's better used as a suicide lead IMO:

Beedrill @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SDef
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Endeavor
- X-Scissor
- Protect

This set is similar to the Stealth Rock Endeavor set on Infernape in OU. I mainly use this in NU, but I suppose it is usable in UU too. This set is pretty much guarranteed to lay down at least one layer of Toxic Spikes. After you've laid down one layer, if your Sash is still there, lay another one, if not, Endeavor a slower lead or switch-in for fun damage. It's a real shame that Beedrill doesn't get a priority move. Protect is there so annoying Fake Out leads like Ambipom and Persian don't break your Sash and kill you before getting at least one layer of Toxic Spikes in. The EVs are simple, max Speed is obvious, max Attack so you do as much (Pitiful damage) with your STAB move, and the rest go into SpD for nowhere better to put them.

After Toxic Spikes are setup... the ideal situation would be that a faster Pokemon comes in (or is already in) and try's to break my Subs. After Salac activates at 1hp I will be faster than them with a Substitute. Next turn I Endeavor them while they break the Sub and Toxic Spikes finishes them off. When they switch-in I can Endeavor again almost assuredly picks off another Pokemon. U-Turn helps more at Early Game - Mid Game by U-Turning off Pokemon's faces.

Also, SR isn't much of a probablem because it takes off 25% which is what Beedrill wants anyways. The closer he gets into 1Hp range the more effective the set becomes.

Try it out it's a pretty fun set ^^

Ah I didn't type out what I meant to say in my head, which was break down the walls and the most common switch ins while still maintaining sweeping capanilites. Truth is it can't always be used at a designated point in the game. I can say now that it is most effective mid game.
In that cases I'd rather use DD as well. I've tried to save my own feraligator for that late game sweep but playing without a water type is tough. Even harder when he can still only manage 2HKO's (even with torrent in some cases) after 1 DD.

It's always Attack and Def. This is the reason this set is not very effective with Chansey. Also, the reason why Toxic is listed as an option.

@LMK You should try using this in a hail team for any sweeper you can't kill. I already tried this before. I agree that taunt ruins this set, but the goal here is to stall. It's like saying that Chansey is completely walled by a Taunt Spiritomb.
Here is my problem for using this set to beat a sweeper you can't kill. You can't kill it. Atleast not without toxic so I'd have to use toxic (wassup registeel/steelix). Attract is very unreliable as the farther up you get in ladder play the more female pokes you'll face (is there anyway who still doesn't do this) so I'd drop that asap. Swagger is fine I suppose but if something does hit you off +2 froslass is dead.

This needs spikes. If this is a hail STALL team who else are you gonna have be your spiker? You are dropping her best utility move to be annoying? I don't get it. Froslass is fast, can spike, can spin block, has high evasion in hail, Can fire off STAB 120BP 100% accurate blizzards, and can status reliably. You know what kills sweeper? Switching into three layers of spikes, SR, Hail, AND the strongest ice move in the game. Now you don't need toxic at all which allows you t-wave (which is more crippling to sweepers than poison) giving you parafusion from behind a sub. Since a thread a while back established brightpowder's evasion boost release is negligible with evasion boosting abilities toss on lefties to keep close to 100% and you have a moveset that looks like:

Substitue
T-wave
Spikes
Blizzard/swagger/confuse ray

Which happens to be in the analysis and I have tested it. Works wonders.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)