Choice specs
Timid
252 spd 252 sp.a 4 hp
Cute charm

Blizzard
Thunder
Focus blast
Switcheroo/shadow ball

Okay, Lopunny´s special atk stat is horrible compared to its physical attack. But, its special movepool is quite good, and its special moves are more powerful then its physicak moves. boosted with the specs, Lopunny reaches a special atk of 310, wich aloows it to do some respectable damage against a team not prepared for it: Blizzard for a OHKO on pokes 4 times weak to it(Dragonite, Altaria, Dragonite, Gliscor...). Thunder for a OHKO/2HKO against flying and water types, like Honchkrow and gyarados. Focus blast for a OHKO or 2HKO against most rock, normal, dark and steel types. Switcheroo for crippling walls or shadow ball for a "HKO on most psychic and Ghost pokemon, like Gengar and alakazam.

This is a Lead Exeggutor set i've been using with success.

Exeggutor @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Psychic
- Leaf Storm
- Energy Ball

Stops most common leads, especially spikers. Everytime I face a Uxie/ Mesprit I just Sleep Powder as they use Trick or Stealth Rocks.
Does this guy have any advantages over Scarf Venusaur leads? STAB Psychic is cool I guess, but I don't know how much value it adds to a lead except maybe against Haryiama.

It is a lot slower than Venasaur, but I like how hard Leaf Storm hits pokes compared to Venasaur. Psychic isn't too bad either. Another thing is its funny how many people never find out that its scarfed until later in the game after they lose their Venasaur to it.

It is a lot slower than Venasaur, but I like how hard Leaf Storm hits pokes compared to Venasaur. Psychic isn't too bad either. Another thing is its funny how many people never find out that its scarfed until later in the game after they lose their Venasaur to it.
I guess you can't discount the surprise factor :3

Specs Lopunny

Life orb
Timid
252 spd 252 sp.a 4 hp
Cute charm

Blizzard
Thunder
Focus blast
Switcheroo/shadow ball

Okay, Lopunny´s special atk stat is horrible compared to its physical attack. But, its special movepool is quite good, and its special moves are more powerful then its physicak moves. boosted with the specs, Lopunny reaches a special atk of 310, wich aloows it to do some respectable damage against a team not prepared for it: Blizzard for a OHKO on pokes 4 times weak to it(Dragonite, Altaria, Dragonite, Gliscor...). Thunder for a OHKO/2HKO against flying and water types, like Honchkrow and gyarados. Focus blast for a OHKO or 2HKO against most rock, normal, dark and steel types. Switcheroo for crippling walls or shadow ball for a "HKO on most psychic and Ghost pokemon, like Gengar and alakazam.
There's a reason why the Choice Band set is the very last one mentioned: Lopunny has much better things to do than attack. It has the stats and the moves for a support role, and pretty much any time I would spend attacking instead of switcherooing, baton passing, encoring, or something similar is time I spend wondering "why am I not using something else". A Modest Choice Specs Shadow Ball does 75.4%-88.9% to an Alakazam with no defensive investment. There's barely any chance you OHKO a very frail Pokémon after Stealth Rock.

Not a set I would ever use.

Recently I've had a lot of success in NU with this Xatu. Yes I said it Xatu. Since stealth rocks are pretty rare in NU it does very well in walling and annoying the heck ot of the opponent.

Xatu @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 Hp / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
[Early Bird]
- Roost
- Thunderwave
- Confuse Ray
- Psychic / Night Shade
This switches in with relative ease on a large amount of pokemon, I then either roost to heal or twave/ confuse ray. With both twave and confuse ray they only have a 25% chance of attacking I then chip away with Psychic, but you can try Night Shade if you want. Watch out for taunters (obviously).

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Surf

You may think this a standard Slowbro at first sight, but it's not.
This thing can tear through teams as a last-stand sweeper.
Usually Slowbro is used in a FWG core, but this one is designed to sweep, like a Spiritomb would.
You can't really kill it, except with 3 things I'm thinking of.
Toxic, and Chansey. Oh, Venusaur.
The plot is to send him early so you can Psychic Venusaur on the switch or lure Chansey in.
Once those two are dead, it's a piece of cake to win.
The main Toxic user in UU is Chansey (baring Arcanine who won't enjoy taking a Surf at all) so it makes two problems become only one.
After 6 CMs, this thing does average 80% to Milotic with Psychic, and 48% to chansey, so if it's lacking Toxic you might beat him on last-man because of SpDef Fells.

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
It's an adaptation to the current metagame, because of Heracross, notably.
Also,
16 | Sceptile | 13235 | 9.87
Sceptile | Item | Choice Specs | 24.1

So it represents less than 2.5% of teams using it.
Is it worth 80 EVs that could help against Heracross ?

Jolly Choice Scarf Heracross' Megahorn against 252/176 Bold Slowbro: 69% - 82.2%. Against 252/252 Bold: 65.5% - 77.7%.

I'd say it's worth it when no matter what you do, the weakest Megahorn you will see 2HKO's you easily.

(Adamant Choice Band Megahorn against 252/252 Bold: 107.1% - 126.9%)

This guy is my designated lead in NU, purely because of how awesome it is and how frequently it works for me.

The Lead Balloon of Doom
Drifblim@Choice Specs
Unburden
Timid
4 HP/252 sp.atk/252 spe
-Trick
-Shadow Ball
-HP Fighting
-Thunderbolt

This set is the spawn of me using a sash/unburden/explosion Drifblim (and it not working) but wanting something like Drifblim with its ghost typing to nullify the ever-common fake out. Thus, my star lead was born.
The tremendous trick/unburden combo is obviously the star of the show, seeing as how after the unburden boost you'll be outspeeding anything slower than a scarfed Swellow and disabling stuff from setting up anything on you. Shadow Ball, HP Fighting, and Tbolt also give you coverage on pretty much everything.
The key to using this set is knowing when to trick. Against a lead that will obviously set up the rocks? GO FOR IT! Against Ambipom, Purugly, Persian, etc.? That one is your call. You can keep it from faking out later and jet all over the place, or you can lay the smack down with a specs HP Fighting. If you end up not using trick, you can always switch the specs on to something that will probably set up or really dislike being locked into one move. It's use is pretty versitile, but only if used at the right time.
My Drifblim almost always gets commented on for it's creativity and the causing of some WTF moments. As a side note, if you're playing in UU and would prefer to be able to take more hits and be stealth rock neutral, you can throw this same set on Mismagius. Just remember that you won't have the speedboost to rely on for a semi-sweep!

Glaceon (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 176 Def/144 SpAtk/188 SpDef
Calm nature (+SpDef,-Atk)
- Hidden Power (Electric)
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

A tanking Glaceon.
This set reaches 300 in both defences (which is pretty good I'd say) and a Special Attack of 331, as well as having very good coverage with Ice/Electric. Damage output is alright coming off 331 and Life Orb so don't underestimate it.
The way to play this set is to come in *on a weak attack*, and then start hitting things with good damage. When your health gets low, Rest up and Sleep Talk.
Sadly, Sucker Punch does a number to this set, and Glaceon is very slow - especially with no investment. *Stealth Rock also hinders this set big time, as it takes 25% each time it switches in, and then loses 10% of it's health through LO recoil. Spin support is definitely recommended*

Ice Beam vs 438 SpD and 364 HP (Max Registeel with SpD+ nature) 12.1%-14%
HP Electric does EXACTLY the same.
I know that's not much, but Registeel does have colossal defence and I'm just demonstrating what it does on a resisted STAB attack and unresisted non-STAB.

Ice Beam vs 328 SpD and 364 HP (Max Venusaur with SpD+ nature) 63.5%-74.7%

HP Electric vs 349 SpD and 393 HP (Smogon's Bulky Milotic) 27.5%-32.3%

Ice Beam vs 284 SpD and 384 HP (Smogon's SpD Arcanine) 17.4%-20.3%
HP Electric does 17.2%-20.3%.

These are damage calcs vs the extremely bulky versions of quite common Pokemon. Naturally, vs the more common less bulky versions of these Pokemon, Glaceon will do much more damage, as well as being hard to take down.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Heavily skeptical about it. First of all, your EVs are inefficient, as due to Glaceon's low HP stat, you're better off investing 252 HP EVs first to boost both sides of its defense at once. Secondly, Ice is a TERRIBLE defensive typing, literarly only resisting itself. Additionally, with Ice being SR weak, you won't be able to come in as much as you would want to, even with RestTalk. Finally, due to Glaceon's low Speed, it's not threatening anything if it doesn't outspeed it, as it doesn't have the typing to take any hits.

Heavily skeptical about it. First of all, your EVs are inefficient, as due to Glaceon's low HP stat, you're better off investing 252 HP EVs first to boost both sides of its defense at once. Secondly, Ice is a TERRIBLE defensive typing, literarly only resisting itself. Additionally, with Ice being SR weak, you won't be able to come in as much as you would want to, even with RestTalk. Finally, due to Glaceon's low Speed, it's not threatening anything if it doesn't outspeed it, as it doesn't have the typing to take any hits.
You're right on a number of points.

It does have horrific HP, and whilst 252 in both defences would increase it's longevity through ability to take hits, I find that 300 is effective enough, and it does give me room to improve it's Special Attack to the extent that it can put a dent into most Pokes within UU.

As with Ice being a bad defensive type, again you're right. I was definitely not thinking to straight to write 'come in on a resisted attack'. On the flip side, it's not weak to 13 of the 17 types, so MOST of the time, it'll be taking neutral damage which it can Rest off.
Here's a little damage calc defending against a SpA Venusaur's Leaf Storm: 61.6%-72.7%.
It's not quite as weak (or Glass... get it? Glace...? No? Not funny?) as you may think, being able to live a neutral hit from a pretty powerful Poke and move (as demonstrated) and be able to hit back with a STAB Ice Beam doing 106.3%-124.9% (although easily revenge-able, especially after LO recoil)

And yeah, the Speed really is a bummer :/ even with Max Speed and Speed+ Nature, WITH a Scarf it only hits 375ish :/

Anyway, to summarise: this Glaceon set may not be competitive enough to use in regular UU play, but it's still a pretty cool set, that can cause a fair bit of damage.

On a side note: this would work well in a Hail team, especially if you Baton Pass it a speed boost of some sorts.

Ok, I realize how common the pokemon is, but I figure, why not? I'll post the set because it works decently well for me.

Granted, I play in the battle tower, not on shoddy battle, so, uh, yeah.

Clefable @ Life Orb
Magic Guard @ Modest
252 Spa / 252 / Spe / 4 Hp (I'm not good with experimenting on EVs, so I went with this. If you think of an alternate that works better, by all means, let me know.)
Gravity
Thunder
Blizzard
Focus Blast

I'm pretty sure at least one person here is like "Gravity? What?" but there is a reason.

Looking at move listings in smogon, I found that gravity reduces the evasion of all pokemon on the field by 3/5, which I guess is roughly -2 stages?

And being that the 3 attacking moves are 70% accurate, after one turn you have 120 Base Power, 100% accurate moves that are at least neutral effective against everything in the game. (I checked and ice/electric alone are resisted by the likes of magnezone and I believe a few other things, so focus blast has a use)

Of course, those not worried about the accuracy of their moves can probably get away with calm mind or something, and the main thing this pokemon needs is probably a dual screener and/or a wish passer to partner with, to increase its longevity at least slightly or something.

Partnering with fliers/levitaters are kinda counterproductive, but a grass buddy to resist ground assaults from earthquake is welcome here. (In the battle tower I happen to use Breloom to decent effect, but I know here he is OU)

I'm sorry this isn't in perfect format but I'm using my iPod.
Sunny Plot
Houndoom @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Speed 252 Sp.A 6 Sp.D (Just for the fact of ev's not going to waste)
Nature: Modest
- Sunny Day
- Nasty Plot
- Over Heat
- Solar Beam
I was gonna use this as a Special Lead for my team. Firstly sunny day boots the fire moves and so does the Life orb so there's some pretty good attack power. Then for those pesky water types you use a solar beam while sunny day is up so their attacks are weakened and you completely destroy. You could also nasty plot about two times and go for the Over Heat, which should do massive damage. I think this will work out well I'm currently testing it. This is the first time I've tried competitive battling so I honestly have no clue how this would work, but I'm gonna try it. It's new and original, as far as I know, and if it's not then that means it works.
So please give me some feedback. Thanks

Wouldn't Fire Blast be better in the long run. Or Flamethrower as it has 100 accuracy, with a couple of NP's up I don't think the drop in power is that significant.

Tbh, I think Houndoom is a bit frail to pull this off. You only get a free turn when your opponents switches, NP would be the way to go. If you still want to use Solarbeam, you could go with Power Herb, or let someone else set up the Sun.

Something I've been theorying for some time and finally decided to test out:

Nidoqueen (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Poison Point
EVs: 252 HP/160 Def/96 SpDef
Careful nature (+SpDef,-SpAtk)
- Rest
- Roar
- Sleep Talk
- Super Fang

- Pretty much immune to status (Can't Thunder Wave due to -Ground typing, can't Burn as she uses Super Fang as her attack, can't Toxic due to -Poison typing, can't Sleep effectively due to Sleep Talk)

- Shuffles with neutral priority Roar (albeit coming from a slow Nidoqueen)

- Super Fang in conjunction with entry hazards and Toxic-support wears down the opponent very quickly.

- EV's are purely to maximise her defences, no specific landmarks hit. Advice on these would be nice. I'm thinking that I'd like to be able to be able to take three Milotic's Surfs, but I'm not sure that is a realistic target.

(can someone tell me how to put images in my posts?)
Hitmonlee

HitmonFling

HiJump Kick
Blaze kick
Stone Edge
Fling

Dread Plate
Unburden
4 Health, 252 Attack, 252 Speed

this is meant to be a physical sweeper. Fling hits for about 105 power with the plate. it is super effective on Psychic-types. after using it, his speed hits about 500. Fling hits ghost and psychics once, the other three are Supereffective against 8 other types, including flying, steel and ice.

Triangles

Big Stew
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
SaltApe

Primeape @Light Ball Adamant 252 Atk 252 Speed
Fling
SmellingSalt
Close Combat
U-Turn

Strategy: Fling the Light Ball at them, paralyzing them. Then SmellingSalt them for double damage (SmellingSalt is 120 damage when the foe is paralyzed, and when it is used on a paralyzed foe, it breaks them out of paralysis). When this asset is used up, Close Combat and U-Turn accordingly. This is best used on a team with a pokemon spreading around paralysis like Porygon-2, so that the SmellingSalt strategy is reusable.

Very interesting Triangles. I can't say that would be the most effective Primape set, but since it will be unexpected, catching the opponent off guard might be worth it. CC + U-Turn is great too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)