Aegislash

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
Swords Dance + King's shield is very bad, sorry. Its very, very slow so its easy to check for a lot of earthquake users, it does not wall break well as many defensive staples like Lando-T, Hippowdon, or Quagsire laugh at it. If oyu wish to use SD use the offensive SD set as it is much more powerful.

And the same goes for a set like iron head (shadow claw)/king's shield/sacred sword/shadow sneak? I just don't see why shadow ball is necessary on the tank set. 10 more power at the cost of much more powerful coverage moves and priority doesn't seem worth it to me. Is it to break physical walls?

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
Yes, Lando, Gliscor, Hippowdon, Skarmory, Rotom, Quagsire among others are beaten with shadow ball but not with shadow claw

Why is the Tank set the first mentioned when it's not even close to being one of Aegislash's best sets?

Swamp-EDIT: I don't want to see any more of these "Why is the X set the first mentioned when it's not even close to being one of Y's best sets?" posts. They don't contribute much of anything and they don't have any justification to go along with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Why is genescet mentioned on the SD set? Since genesect got banned it should be removed

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
alexwolf are you writing this, or should someone take it over? I'll do it if you don't want to.
Today i just got my new pc (old one was stolen before a month), so i should be able to finish Aegislash by the end of the week. If i haven't, feel free to take over.

Last edited:
Reactions: trc
Why use Shadow Sneak on Aegislash? Because it basically means that you're going into your 60/60/60 bulk when your opponent is about to attack you.

An interesting point, but it's to kill off weaker foes or those about to faint. Why take damage (even a little) if you can avoid it entirely?
I guess Shadow Sneak makes more sense. I knew why it was used, but it just seemed like it could backfire if you didn't end up KOing the enemy.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I guess Shadow Sneak makes more sense. I knew why it was used, but it just seemed like it could backfire if you didn't end up KOing the enemy.
It is true that it could backfire, but, if you doubt that it will KO, you shouldn't be bringing Aegislash in for the KO unless Aegislash is faster, as is the case when revenge killing stuff like Ferrothorn, or you are forced into bringing Aegislash out (your other available 'mon(s) can be easily dealt with by the opposing pokemon that is currently on the field or Aegislash is the last remaining member of your team).

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Spooky Plate isn't worth it for speedy Aegi. You really need the power to make the bulk sacrifice worth it, I'm sure I could pull up an arbitrary list of calcs but hopefully you can take my word on it.

Balloon and Spooky Plate mentions on Tank please, Balloon is a set that can actually spinblocker/check Grounds in general, and Spooky Plate provides some ridiculous oomph behind your attacks. Both are usually inferior to Leftovers but have good uses.

Standard set is KS / SBall / Sword / Sneak, make the first slashes represent that. Toxic is also worth mentioning like it is run on SubToxic, except with coverage in favor of Sub which is a perfectly good option.

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
On the All-Out Attacker set, you should probably explain benefits of a Hasty nature vs. a Naive nature.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
on the quiet nature set (tank) are people still running 0 speed IVs or should i got with 31?
I tend to always run 31, 0 Spe EVs only help in Aegi vs. Aegi scenarios and most of them are terible mind games anyway were the best you can do is usually just switching out. 31 Spe EVs allow you to outspeed Chansey and Hippo which is usually more helpful.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Spooky Plate isn't worth it for speedy Aegi. You really need the power to make the bulk sacrifice worth it, I'm sure I could pull up an arbitrary list of calcs but hopefully you can take my word on it.

Balloon and Spooky Plate mentions on Tank please, Balloon is a set that can actually spinblocker/check Grounds in general, and Spooky Plate provides some ridiculous oomph behind your attacks. Both are usually inferior to Leftovers but have good uses.

Standard set is KS / SBall / Sword / Sneak, make the first slashes represent that. Toxic is also worth mentioning like it is run on SubToxic, except with coverage in favor of Sub which is a perfectly good option.
Moved Spooky Plate on only Moves mention on the speedy mixed set.

Added Balloon and Spooky Plate on set details of the Tank set and made Sacred Sword the first slash on the last slot.

I have already mentioned on the Moves section of the SubToxic set that Sub can be replaced for a coverage move.

alexwolf

You make a mention of Focus Sash Deoxys-S in the set details of the first set, which isn't really a thing anymore, so please remove.

With the slashes on All-Out Attacker, it makes more sense for them to be Shadow Ball | Shadow Sneak | Sacred Sword | Flash Cannon / Pursuit.

Checks and Counters also need to be rearranged, because the first two sections are way too long and the others are kinda weird. I suggest this:

**Dark-types**: Bisharp, Mandibuzz, Krookodile, Umbreon, Mega Gyarados, Tyranitar, Mega Tyranitar, Greninja, Crawdaunt, Mega Absol

**Fire-types**: Heatran, Charizard X, Charizard Y, Entei, Volcarona

**Ground-types**: Hippowdon, Diggersby, Garchomp, Landorus-T, Excadrill, Landorus, Zygarde, Rhyperior, Quagsire

**Specially bulky Pokemon**: Sylveon, Chansey, Dragonite, Amoonguss, Rotom-W, Conkeldurr, Tangrowth, Escavalier, Slowking, Mega Venusaur, Mega Scizor, Zapdos

**Bulletproof**: Chesnaught (seems weird to put it alone, but it checks Aegislash in a way that no other Pokemon does because of its ability)

Let me know what you think and implement this so I can give you your final stamp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)