what is the weirdest thing you have eaten

I guess the weirdest thing I've eaten would be buffalo, ostrich or moose?

Buffalo is like a somewhat more muscular (and therefore, tougher) beef, but it wasn't too bad.

Ostrich tastes kinda like an even more gamey turkey, not a fan at all. Ostrich eggs aren't that special, except for the fact that they make one gigantic omelet.

Moose is like a fattier venison (if you've never had venison, I can't really describe it) and I honestly find it delicious.

Re: random shit I have occasionally that other people have said

Rabbit is pretty awful imo. Tastes like rubber or overcooked jerky, really.

I've had cow tongue, and I thought it was phenomenal. Smells like shit when you're cooking it, but if you do it right, it tastes like hamburger that has the consistency of tuna. Makes excellent sandwiches.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
some hero: the most successful troll on smogon

seriously though if you really have eaten sea turtle eggs then you have issues

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Rabbit is pretty awful imo. Tastes like rubber or overcooked jerky, really.
That's a shame, whoever made it for you probably didn't cook it right. When cooked correctly, there are actually few things I enjoy more than a good Rabbit Cacciatore.

I have tried a few interesting animal parts. The weirdest of them all was probably tripe (cow stomach). It was kind of slimy with an al dente like texture, but I actually liked it. None of us have anything on Andrew Zimmern though, if any of you have watched Bizarre Foods on the Travel Channel.

A veritable Calvin and Hobbes suicide drink

Barbecue Sauce, Orange Juice, Ketchup, Italian Vinagarette in a cup. With some other disturbing ingredients.

That's a shame, whoever made it for you probably didn't cook it right. When cooked correctly, there are actually few things I enjoy more than a good Rabbit Cacciatore.
My dad normally knows how to cook meat, seeing as he's a butcher and a former restauranteer. I'm willing to bet it was probably the specific rabbit, though.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
At least here in Missouri, every time I tell fellow fishermen that I eat the Gar and Carp I catch they tell me I'm crazy. They are seriously good though.

Haha yeah i thought so. But calm down, it's not like the sea turtle population was affected at all by me eating 9ish eggs since i did not buy them(hence i didn't support anything). We basically just took several out of a nest and ate them. No big deal. And you guys can sleep easy since i'm now a vegetarian(basically).

Why exactly is eating iguana illegal? I had no clue about that one.
That was probably the most idiotic post I have ever read on smogon. A sea turtle lays around 100 eggs, but probably only 1 of those eggs will survive due to predators. So by you eating those eggs, there's a less than 1% chance of any of the remaining eggs to survive, so yes you did affect their population and yes it is a very big deal. I seriously hope that you're trolling because right you're just lowest of the low.

All I can find is that it falls under CITES and the Lacey Act which are laws that help to preserve wildlife.http://www.eia-global.org/forests_for_the_world/Lacey_Act_CITES.html

I was at a Brazilian restaurant with some friends and ate chicken hearts on a dare. They have no taste, and a kind of rubbery texture like you're chewing a super ball. Not bad, but nothing really that great.

I also had some alligator jerky one time in Arizona. You need like Timmy Turner teeth to chew it :/

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
That was probably the most idiotic post I have ever read on smogon. A sea turtle lays around 100 eggs, but probably only 1 of those eggs will survive due to predators. So by you eating those eggs, there's a less than 1% chance of any of the remaining eggs to survive, so yes you did affect their population and yes it is a very big deal. I seriously hope that you're trolling because right you're just lowest of the low.

All I can find is that it falls under CITES and the Lacey Act which are laws that help to preserve wildlife.http://www.eia-global.org/forests_for_the_world/Lacey_Act_CITES.html
yo

there are plenty of completely legal ways to buy sell and eat sea turtle eggs

I was watching an ocean series on Netflix the other day, and in Costa Rica, for example, there's a very short sea turtle egg gathering season. Its 100% legal. The conservationists there let the locals gather the first few waves of turtle eggs because they're all going to get dug up or crushed by the later turtles anyway.

so calm down

I still don't think it matters that some strange exception can make it legal because disregarding legality, everything The Diverman just said is true. See:

MACLE said:
DO NOT EAT SHARK FIN SOUP, FROGS LEGS, OR CAVIAR.
Eating caviar isn't illegal at all but that doesn't mean that you can go ahead and do it without effecting sturgeon populations

Shark fin soup is totally pointless anyways, from what I hear from a friend who used to live in China, the shark fin adds no taste whatsoever to the soup.

Tried tripe in the past, hated it.

Recently drank snake blood in Taipei. (More specifically it was a Boa constrictor's blood) It was mixed with alcohol and actually tasted quite good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)