What aren't we writing about? (Pokemon unfit for OU Analyses)

Parasect still having many weakness and is badly hurted by all the entry hazards.

At least Pelipper only suffers with SR.

Anyway, Pelipper have something that the other two don't: Roost.

Gyara only have Rest an Leftovers to recover, and Parasect always need switch in Water moves for recover (Giga Drain and Synthesis are jokes). Leech Seed is useful, but Ferrothorn is much better using that.

Also, Pelipper have similar Defenses (60/100/70 vs. 60/80/80, more physical bulk, in fact), only two weakness and is much more faster.

Other benefits that have Pelipper: Hurricane with perfect accuracy and boosted Water attacks; this means that it can burn and confuse. OK, spore is better, but burn and confuse is great.

See ya.

Pelipper is outclassed by Skarmory in every sense of the word. All that Pelipper has over Skarmory is resistance to Fire, which can be easily handled by teammates. And no... Ferrothorn isn't better than Parasect with Leech Seed because it has 1. Spore 2. An immunity to Water 3. Dry Skin to get even more health. Hurricane doesn't burn, it only confuses, and Pelipper is completely walled by any Steel- type not named Ferrothorn.

Scald burns, and Skarmory don't have any real offensive moveset, with no boost in rain...

Anyway, Pelipper can destroy Parasects with it Flying Stab, also it can bound Conkeldurr with it.

Scald and Hurricane combo is like the ParaFusion that Dragonite can offer with Thunder and Hurricane, but thats other story.

Anyway, "double" Leftovers, resistence to Water, usable Sp. Attack, Water, Flying, Ice and even one Electric move, real recovery move make from Pelipper a good tank in Water.

See ya.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I will address each point made in your post individually. My comments will be in bold.

Parasect still having many weakness and is badly hurted by all the entry hazards.

True. However, Parasect has massive recovery in the rain (at least 18.75%), Spore to force switches with, and can switch in on more Pokemon than Pelipper.

At least Pelipper only suffers with SR.

Gyarados, Parasect, and Pelipper all suffer from SR.

Anyway, Pelipper have something that the other two don't: Roost.

Gyarados has Intimidate, Dragon Tail, Roar, an offensive presence that tends to force switches, and Lefties. Parasect's points can be seen above.

Gyara only have Rest an Leftovers to recover, and Parasect always need switch in Water moves for recover (Giga Drain and Synthesis are jokes). Leech Seed is useful, but Ferrothorn is much better using that.

You obviously haven't played with Parasect correctly. Parasect has Dry Skin in the rain, Lefties, and Leech Seed for recovery. Read my statements regarding Gyarados above.

Also, Pelipper have similar Defenses (60/100/70 vs. 60/80/80, more physical bulk, in fact), only two weakness and is much more faster.

I will try not to respond to such an idiotic comment with invective.

1. Gyarados has 95/79/100 defenses AND Intimidate to bolster its Defense to levels above Pelipper. Pelipper has 60/100/70 defenses. Obviously, Gyarados is going to take hits better in the rain.

Stats:

Gyarados:

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef w/ Impish nature

Stats: 393 HP / 282 Def / 236 SDef

With Intimidate factored in, Gyarados in essence has 423 Defense.

Pelipper:

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef

Stats: 323 HP / 328 Def / 178 SDef

2. Gyarados is going to hit harder without investment and a boosting nature than a Pelipper under the same conditions. It also is faster than Pelipper.

Other benefits that have Pelipper: Hurricane with perfect accuracy and boosted Water attacks; this means that it can burn and confuse. OK, spore is better, but burn and confuse is great.

Read above for commentary regarding Pelipper's offensive presence. Spore is better.

See ya.

Have a nice day.
Commentary is a bit terse, but it gets my point across.

I'd like to take a moment and argue for Zebstrika.

While underused & underrated, Zebstrika isn't a Pokemon that is unfit for OU. In fact OU is the only metagame it does well in from my experience.

This is the set I've been using:

Zebstrika (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Lightningrod
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Me First
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat
- Volt Switch

While he's sitting at 363 Speed, Zebstrika is almost completely forced to use his weaker attack stat because his physical movepool is Wild Charge, Flame Charge, Double Kick, & Pursuit. But that's actually where the bad news ends for this Pokemon.

Zebstrika is very anti-metagame. (I never liked that term, but there you go.) Volt Change gives Rain Teams conniptions if paired with other Weather. His high speed means that most Pokemon need a Choice Scarf to catch him Volt Changing. Overheat & Lightning Rod are what separates Zebstrika from Jolteon. He effectively busts open Gliscor-Ferrothorn cores and stops Landorus, Garchomp, and Scizor. Lightning Rod lets Zebstrika switch-in on Thundurus's Thunderbolt or Thunder Wave, steal a free +1 Sp.Atk boost, then out-speed him and OHKO with Hidden Power Ice. Me First is a very interesting move that lets Zebstrika KO things he really as no business KOing without it. For example, if Terrakion uses Close Combat or even Sacred Sword, Zebstrika's Me First will use it first, temporarily get STAB for it, AND boost it's power by x1.5, OHKOing Terrakion even with Zebrastrika's Timid nature.

While Zebstrika will probably never be an OU Pokemon, he's more than deserving of an OU analysis just because he functions so well in it and can't perform anywhere near as well in the other tiers. I'd love to do the OU write-up if you'd consider him fit for one.
You make it seem as if Zebstika is... unique.

First off, Gliscor / Ferrothorn cores are also "broken" by Magnezone, Landorus, CB Terrakion, Reuniclus, Virizon, Heatran, and many more. Just because Zebstrika can KO either one in one shot (which kind of requires a lack of common sense on the opposition's part, anyway) doesn't make it any better than the Pokemon already in OU. Secondly, Jolteon not only boasts MUCH higher Speed and Special Attack stats, but can also compensate for its vulnerability to entry hazards and lack of bulk with Volt Absorb. Rotom-W also outclasses Zebstrika due to the obvious difference in bulk and defensive capability as well as a STAB Hydro Pump to take advantage of rain with. Finally, lol, Me First is nothing more than a gimmick, as it pretty much requires for Terrakion (and... uh... Heatran?) to not be scarfed if Zebstrika ever hopes to KO it. Thunderbolt would be MUCH better in the slot because it actually threatens Zebstrika's checks with some extra damage.

Swanna is not outclassed by a Dragonite if Swanna packs Hydration:

Swanna: Mystic Water [Boosts Water moves 20%]
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold

Rest
Scald
Hurricane
Rain Dance / Substitute

Why? Rest + Hydration works to instantly heal 100%, Scald is something Dragonite cannot match as it can burn, Hurricane helps to stall with confusion, while Substitute can help it stall against foes.

Swanna in this set is a defensive threat, as it can instantly heal 100%, burn foes with high attack, confuse all others, and hit fairly hard in the rain. Swanna doesn't need Leftovers thanks to Rest, but Mystic Water is used over Life Orb for the power without the -10% HP. Scald with Rain, STAB, and Mystic Water has 216 Base Power, and a 30% chance to Burn.

Hydration Swanna isn't legal atm, but that set is heavily outclassed by Vaporeon. Toxic > confusion if stall is even in the question and with that much said, Hurricane doesn't really make much of a difference if Swanna lacks both the power and speed to take advantage of the confusion rate.

Swanna is much better holding Life Orb that the poor Mystic Water, and Rest and Roost heal the recoil...

SRSLY? Poor boost for only one STAB? UMAD?

Anyway, Swanna is better with Drizzletoed as partner, but Vaporeon, as previously said, outclasses totaly Swanna (also, Lapras love Hydration).

Anyway, Swanna outclasses Pelipper only as Sweeper, Pelipper is much better as a Wall. (By the way, he can stop Conkeldurr as few in the Rain).

See ya.

but Pelipper is pretty much brutally outclassed by Parasect in the rain as wall. Parasect also is a fullstop to Conkeldurr, and while it doesnt really have an offensive presence its humongous recovery/turn (18,75% without Leech Seed) allows it to slowly drain opponents with Leech Seed while comfortobly sub/protecting, or even just subbing. It also has spore to manoeuvre its way out of uncomfortable situations and force switches.
It kind of does nothing against opposing grass-types, but there are enough partners to fix that (Think Dragonite and Tornadus, both of which can threaten with *powerful* Hurricanes to scare the sh*t out off all grass-types), and with some hazards, you've got yourself a beast.
Compared to Pelipper, who has an uncomfortable 4x electric weakness exploited by just about every special attacker, and no real way of dealing damage which doesnt cost a turn, Parasect >Pelipper.

i think audino made a good cleric, it can switch in use heal bell and/or wish and when switch it will regain 1/3 of its hp due to regenerator. not to mention it has a good hp and both defense.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
i think audino made a good cleric, it can switch in use heal bell and/or wish and when switch it will regain 1/3 of its hp due to regenerator. not to mention it has a good hp and both defense.
Audino is horribly outclassed by obvious OU Pokemon as a defensive / supporting competitor, and in this thread, Audino has been rejected once or a few times.

Yes lets attempt to sweep with Swanna over pokemon that are either bulkier and have a better movepool, or faster and more powerful. Instead lets use the choice in between and gets the worst of both worlds. Sounds like a plan.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
You make it seem as if Zebstika is... unique.

First off, Gliscor / Ferrothorn cores are also "broken" by Magnezone, Landorus, CB Terrakion, Reuniclus, Virizon, Heatran, and many more. Just because Zebstrika can KO either one in one shot (which kind of requires a lack of common sense on the opposition's part, anyway) doesn't make it any better than the Pokemon already in OU. Secondly, Jolteon not only boasts MUCH higher Speed and Special Attack stats, but can also compensate for its vulnerability to entry hazards and lack of bulk with Volt Absorb. Rotom-W also outclasses Zebstrika due to the obvious difference in bulk and defensive capability as well as a STAB Hydro Pump to take advantage of rain with. Finally, lol, Me First is nothing more than a gimmick, as it pretty much requires for Terrakion (and... uh... Heatran?) to not be scarfed if Zebstrika ever hopes to KO it. Thunderbolt would be MUCH better in the slot because it actually threatens Zebstrika's checks with some extra damage.
Thing is, I'm not arguing that he's OU or even unique. I'm arguing that Zebstrika is deserving of an OU set if not solely for the facts that he does some impressive stuff in OU and, again, OU is the metagame he performs best in just because of the Pokemon in it.

The current state of OU is perfect for the tools that Zebstrika brings to the table. 364 Speed, Lightningrod, Overheat, and potentially Me First are what set it apart from the other Electric-types out there.

It's still an absolute shame that his Physical Movepool is so...5th Gen.

RU Pokemon built for the OU metagame. That's really all I'm trying to say here. Pokemon don't have to be OU to have an OU set in their analysis as long as it works; and Zebstrika works.

breh

強いだね
for one, hydration is a DW ability

for two, look at Shrang's Swanna analysis to see why nobody thinks Swanna is any good.

Thing is, I'm not arguing that he's OU or even unique. I'm arguing that Zebstrika is deserving of an OU set if not solely for the facts that he does some impressive stuff in OU and, again, OU is the metagame he performs best in just because of the Pokemon in it.

The current state of OU is perfect for the tools that Zebstrika brings to the table. 364 Speed, Lightningrod, Overheat, and potentially Me First are what set it apart from the other Electric-types out there.

It's still an absolute shame that his Physical Movepool is so...5th Gen.

RU Pokemon built for the OU metagame. That's really all I'm trying to say here. Pokemon don't have to be OU to have an OU set in their analysis as long as it works; and Zebstrika works.
I came to look at the forum for this out of interest and I see someone argue for zebstrika to get an analysis. with base 80 sp.a you would get more done with a life orbed tentacruel (meant to emphasize that his stat is bad, not suggest a set) at least he gets rain support. "perfect for the tools he brings to the table" ...? any bulky water ( eg politoad, vaporeon) can take a volt switch. I haven't ran calcs but that would only tell me if they would live with over half. lightning rod doen't separate him from other lightning types, in fact manetric also gets it. Manetric also happens to have overheat and flamethrower, along with a decent special attack. I never thought I would have to explain why manetric out classes a pokemon for ou play >.> , even of he can't "me first" and rely on that. Speaking of outclass jolteon is faster, and while raikou has to spped tie gangar and starmie, it can acctually K.O. them. Raikou aslo has decent bulk. lightning rod isn't even a great ability this gen considering there are only two lightning types in ou, and olnly a few uu's see play along with them. while he can be used, I don't think he can work very well competatively, you can continue to use yours, but the majority won't.

I would like to write a Whiscash OU analysis and I believe that it is good enough to be granted one.

I provide the following set and a number of reasons to back up my claim.

Whiscash @ Life Orb/leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 HP - 252 Atk - 252 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake/ Stone Edge/Return
- Rest

(An alternative EV spread of 148 HP - 252 Atk - 108 Spe allows Whiscash to outspeed 115+ threats after 2 DD and have a lot more bulk to take hits with)

Point one: Lapras has an analysis.

Lapras uses the same combination of moves and ability to be viable in OU: Hydration/Dragon Dance/Rest. While some people would say that Whiscash is outclassed by Lapras, who has better stats and an Ice STAB, Whiscash has a fair few advantages over Lapras. These include:

· Superior typing – Whiscash’s Water/Ground typing has only one weakness and a few good resistances including rock/fire and an immunity to electric. Lapras’ Water/Ice typing on the other hand is terrible with weaknesses to the common fighting rock and electric type attacks and only one real resistance: ice (water resistance is negated by Drizzle which should be up with these pokemon).

· A better physical movepool – Notably Whiscash has access to Earthquake and Stone Edge, which Lapras does not have (as well as a few others moves that are rarely useful such as Zen Headbutt and Spark). These high powered physical moves provide Whiscash with the ability to sweep much more effectively than relying on return for coverage.

· Different counters/checks – The pokemon that commonly counter/check Whiscash such as Ferrothorn and floating water resists do the same to Lapras, but the bulky water types that wall Lapras are set up fodder for Whiscash to later KO with Earthquake.

Point two: Whiscash can set up on and defeat many common OU pokemon.

Whiscash can set up on or defeat the following OU pokemon in the rain and some of them in sand:
Tyranitar*- most common sets are set up on or outright defeated in rain or sand.

Scizor – Whiscash can Dragon Dance at least once, heal, outspeed and 1HKO scizor with Waterfall

Gliscor* – Waterfall hits it very hard and unless it comes into Whiscash with no boosts its set up fodder.

Excadrill* – Whiscash can take an unboosted hit from excadrill and KO back with Waterfall

Reuniclus - Whiscash can take a hit, boost and hit back hard

Heatran* – Whiscash completely walls Heatran without hidden power grass

Jirachi* – Whiscash walls almost every Jirachi set and only needs one boost to escape paraflinch

Politoed* – Offensive sets are troublesome but defensive are not.

Skarmory – Takes a big hit from a boosted waterfall

Thunderus - 1HKO with waterfall in rain with stealth rock, Thunderus cannot KO back

Jellicent - set up fodder

Volcarona* – destroyed by waterfall cannot KO with bug buzz unless 1+

Infernape* – Whiscash can take most hits and KO back

Blissey – set up fodder

Forretress* – set up fodder

Magnezone* - set up fodder

Vaporeon – set up fodder apart from the rare offensive sets

Metagross* - Whiscash can boost once and outspeed for the 1HKO with Earthquake

Swampert* – set up fodder unless its choice band

Scrafty – 2HKO if it comes in on Whiscash's DD

Hippowdon* - set up fodder

Tentacruel* – set up fodder

Lucario* - Whiscash can take a hit and 1HKO with Earthquake

Toxicroak* – set up fodder

Espeon – 1HKO with Waterfall in the rain

Bronzong* – set up fodder

Porygon2 – set up fodder

Landorus - 1HKO with Waterfall, cannot 1HKO back in the rain

*can set up in sand

While some of these pokemon can defeat Whiscash with the right move, the particular moves or sets they need to have in order to do so are uncommon.

Whiscash reaches 328 speed after one Dragon Dance with 252 neutral nature speed, outspeeding positive base 100s by one point. It can also commonly take at least one strong hit and get another boost to outspeed max speed choice scarf 100 pokemon and below.

Examples of Whiscash's bulk:

Trick room Reuniclus (252 + L/O) does 75.07 - 88.37% with Psychic

Double dance Terrakion (252 +) does 77.29 – 90.86% with Close Combat

Choice Band Tyranitar (252 + C/B) does 79.22 – 93.55% with Crunch

Adamant Life Orb Excadrill does 85.64 – 101.1% with earthquake (2.56% chance to 1HKO)

These hits are with 4 HP EV Whiscash.

With 2 Dragon Dances Whiscash reaches 560 attack and can outspeed and 1HKO/2HKO a wide variety of OU pokemon with Waterfall, Earthquake, Return or Stone Edge (depending on which moves you choose.)

Examples of Whiscash's offensive power:

2+ L/O 252+ Waterfall vs 4/0 Latios: 79.47 - 93.38% or a 41.02% chance to 1HKO with stealth rock.

2+ L/O 252+ Return vs 4/0 Latios: 89.74 - 105.63% or a 1HKO with stealth rocks

2+ L/O 252+ Stone Edge vs 252/128 Dnight multiscale – 2HKO

1+ L/O 252+ Earthquake vs 252/252 Bold Jellicent: 55.69 – 65.35% - 2HKO

Please note I have purposely provided these calculations on pokemon Whiscash has trouble against to show he can defeat or badly damage some of the common checks on a team.

Point 3: Whiscash does well in most weathers.

Whiscash performs well in the two most common weathers of the current metagame. Whiscash can deal with many threats in both Rain and Sand, while not taking any damage from Sandstorm and obviously being boosted by Drizzle. Whiscash can also destroy Fire Types on Sun teams, even when the sun is up, with either Earthquake or Stone Edge. Furthermore Whiscash can defeat the weather inducers themselves, with all but Abomasnow fearing to switch into a boosted Earthquake or Waterfall.

Point 4: Utility

Whiscash is not just a sweeper, but also a status absorber and a valuable defensive pokemon. Whiscash’s decent bulk, instant healing ability and immunity to status in the rain allows Whiscash to switch into some common threats and heal of the damage afterwards. Whiscash does exceptionally well against stall teams and defensive pokemon in general as most cannot 1HKO or even 2HKO Whiscash and are unable to use status to subdue it as well.

---------------------------------------

Essentially Whiscash works well in Drizzle teams despite being a one-trick pony. While Whiscash does have its checks and counters (notably grass types and levitating water resistors such as Lati@s and Rotom-W), almost every "unbroken" pokemon have their own checks and counters too so this point should not detract anything. Whiscash’s ability to switch and set up on a decent amount of pokemon and have respectable sweeping potential against prominent threats should grant it an OU analysis despite its mediocre base stats and general unpopularity.

Um, sorry to burst your bubble but a lot of the Pokemon you listed that Whiscash can "set up on" is totally false. SD scizor sets will set up like no tomorrow and KO Whiscash while CB sets will KO or bring it damn close with a U-Turn. Reinc will almost always 2HKO Whis and can just recover off damage that Whiscash even does. Calling any Gengar set up fodder is lolzy but more to the point, Gengar can SubDisable and force you out or if Life Orb just straight out OHKO you. Skarmory walls you hardcore, it will set up hazards then just whirlwind you out. Infernape will OHKO or at least come damn close with a Close Combat. Metagross is not set up fodder, it will 2HKO you with just Earthquake with just max attack. Whiscash is set up fodder FOR Scrafty not the other way around. Lucario can almost assuredly OHKO or come damn close with most of its moves making it NOT set up fodder. Bronzong sets up Reflect or Trick Room or both, your boosts are worthless now.

328 isn't outspeeding, you mean 329. I looked into it and it does indeed outspeed base 100s by one point after 1 DD but that means half of the metagame still outspeeds you after 1 DD.

Whiscash isn't tricky. If it did get an OU analysis it'd only get one set meaning that people would know exactly what to expect from the get go.

Um, sorry to burst your bubble but a lot of the Pokemon you listed that Whiscash can "set up on" is totally false.

You are correct in saying that Whiscash does not set up on all of them. It was never my intention to say that so I have reworded it to say that Whiscash either sets up or defeats them from being unboosted.

• Scizor cannot KO with any unboosted move and is outsped and KOed in return with a 1+ Waterfall in the rain. Yes U-Turn does a lot to it, but the beauty of Whiscash is its instant healing.
  • Calm Mind Reuniculus 3HKO with unboosted pyschic or 2HKO with 1+. In response Whiscash 2HKOs with a 1+ Waterfall in the rain.
  • You are correct with Gengar defeating it, my calculations were based upon a bulkier Whiscash who could set up on non life orb Gengar (have done so before many times) I will remove this point.
  • Skarmory can be 2HKO by 1+ waterfall in the rain so it wouldn't want to try and set any up entry hazards.
  • Metagross is outsped and 1HKO by 1+ Earthquake, it cannot 1HKO in return. an unboosted earthquake has a ~29% chance to KO it.
  • You are correct about Scrafty, but only if it comes in on Whiscash without any boosts, if Whiscash has one Dragon Dance it can cleanly 2HKO Scrafty.
  • Swords dance Lucario has a small chance of a 1HKO with CC but apart from that unboosted Whiscash 1HKOs it with earthquake. It does not set up on it obviously.
  • Bronzong with reflect/trick room just means Whiscash gets more boosts. Whiscash can tank its way through the reflect/trick room period and come out on top easily. Bronzong cant do anything to Whiscash by itself.
True 328 only draws with base 100s, so Whiscash ties them after one dance. Out of the top 50 OU pokemon, 13 commonly have unboosted speed above base 100, thats hardly half the metagame.

You are completely correct about Whiscash not being tricky, it would only have one set, however that does not mean it is unviable.

You're assuming rain which dramatically changes everything. All of mine were with neutral weather such as sand.

-Making you almost dead is actually a big deal. It forces Rest out of you or forces you to die.
-Skarmory if in the rain would just phaze you out meaning all your work was for nada.
-Assuming it comes in on you is silly especially when you keep assuming rain is on the field. The basic assumption is that Whiscash gives Scrafty tons of trouble if both are on the field, and it does not in fact.
-That's just one set is the thing, the other Lucario sets totally screw you over in one way or another whether it be amazingly strong moves or Balloon.
-Bronzong isn't meant to kill it by itself. Set up Reflect or Trick Room and switch out to an appropriate pokemon. Point is it screws you over.

It was a hyperbole. The actual fact about it is that every team will have a Pokemon above base 100 in one shape or another or will have a Pokemon that walls Whiscash.

Agreeing with Whiscash. Lapras is weak to SR, Mach Punch, and Electric attacks. Whiscash has one weakness, and resists SR and is neutral to all forms of priority.
Every pokemon has their counters but that doesn't mean they're bad.

I know this isn't my point but whatevz

You're assuming rain which dramatically changes everything. All of mine were with neutral weather such as sand.

-Making you almost dead is actually a big deal. It forces Rest out of you or forces you to die.

no... you are seriously underestimating whiscash. You're not 'forced' to rest. If an OHKO is possible, which is very often, you would most likely go for the OHKO if said pokemon can threaten you. If said pokemon can't threaten you forcing a rest out will do nothing.

-Skarmory if in the rain would just phaze you out meaning all your work was for nada.

<sarcasm>zomg 1 turn DDing in return for ~25% chance to KO with waterfall (accounting crit and flinch chances). Especially when you consider they can only whirlwind you out and you're stuck with a 40% skarm against something on their team. Note that in doing so, skarm is forced to roost. If its an unfavorable matchup, you're in trouble. If it's favorable, you have to roost as they switch and you're still in trouble. NOTE THAT WHISCASH STILL IS ALIVE, AND NEXT TIME HE CAN DD AGAIN AND EVENTUALLY YOUR SKARM WILL GET FLINCHED AND DIE.

-Assuming it comes in on you is silly especially when you keep assuming rain is on the field. The basic assumption is that Whiscash gives Scrafty tons of trouble if both are on the field, and it does not in fact.

*facepalm* dude we shouldn't write analyses on toxicroak/venusaur/sawsbuck/excadrill/etc. because they are dependent on weather

-That's just one set is the thing, the other Lucario sets totally screw you over in one way or another whether it be amazingly strong moves or Balloon.

Close combat is Luke's strongest move. And waterfall?

no boost: Whiscash@Life Orb (252 EVs, +Nature) Waterfall vs Lucario@Leftovers (4/0 EVs, Neutral Nature): 93.9 ~ 110.9% (265 ~ 313 HP) (Rain)

-Bronzong isn't meant to kill it by itself. Set up Reflect or Trick Room and switch out to an appropriate pokemon. Point is it screws you over.

okay: here's how it goes

You DD, they switch in
You Waterfall, they take ~70%, they reflect/TR/Whatevs
You KO, blahblahblah
You Switch Out

You Switch in
You DD
Wait no moar bronzong! :O

It was a hyperbole. The actual fact about it is that every team will have a Pokemon above base 100 in one shape or another or will have a Pokemon that walls Whiscash.

explains how the first person to argue for whiscash peaked top 20 with it heh

-How am I underestimating it? It's a fact of what it will HAVE to do. If a CB Scizor hits it with a U-Turn it will be at 33% HP max meaning it will be an easy KO for any other pokemon if it does not Rest. This makes it predictable and easy to work around.

-It has to DD is the thing. The whole point is they're on the field at the same time and he claimed Skarm is set up fodder. It isn't.

-You're lost man. My whole point is he keeps making big assumptions like a pokemon is switching in when his initial point was it can set up all over it every time. Pointing out this is a weather gen is dumb and not even an argument I was making. I was more stating to the fact he keeps making huge assumptions and switching in that'd make no sense. (No one sends in a shaky check in freely.)

-Why is Lucario using Leftovers? More to the point the fact it has to attack or be 2HKO'd with an attack followed by a priority attack is enough to make it NOT set up fodder which was the whole point.

-You don't switch in Bronzong nor should you unless you're sure an EQ is coming. He stated it could set up on it. I proved it couldn't set up on Bronzong.

-Oh man, talking about what someone peaks at like it matters in judging an analysis. I sure do love epeen contests.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)