The Watering Hole #1 - locopoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is it possible to top the username "sludge bomb in the sun"?

What's your favorite infraction you've ever received?

Do you think the day will ever come where you're about to sign on irc and then decide you're past that point in your life?

So you're unbanned, now what? I have already seen this entry in the journal of lauded locopoke enthusiast JabbaTheGriffin but interested in your take: now that you can actually do stuff on the site without getting the alt you're on banned or whatever what do you do from here? Just going to take it easy and play in tournaments? Try and get on any councils? Try the badgeholder thing? Become a smarter, more intentional chris is me? I'm curious.

locopoke said:
I was thinking about sucking Synre's as he seems to have taken the role as leader but then I got a PM out of the blue with a link to my unbanned profile and a chat log. Go figure.
I'd probably have unbanned you myself if you'd have asked me, always irritated me I had to talk about unbanning you through Jabba or whatever when he tried to do that every few weeks. Enough time had passed that it was worth seeing what happens. Not that it matters now, I guess.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
What are your thoughts on cheating?
If nobody knows, nobody cares.

Who was the best Vegeta, Chris Sabat, Brian Drummond or Ryo Horikawa?
Sabat

All of these questions are about DBZ. Almost no one is asking you about your OP. You say you like ice cream. What kind of ice cream do you think Vegeta likes?
Ice cream made from Frieza's blood, which Ben & Jerrys probably already makes.

Is it possible to top the username "sludge bomb in the sun"?

Darmanitan Stan is definitely the best and Darmanitan > Venusaur

What's your favorite infraction you've ever received?

The Surf / Earthquake Japan joke. Over and year later and I still think that one was totally uncalled for.

Do you think the day will ever come where you're about to sign on irc and then decide you're past that point in your life?

Absolutely, I don't know when that will be though. Similarly, I sometimes wonder when the day will come where Smogon is pretty much dead and how that would have happened. Interesting to think about, no?
So you're unbanned, now what? I have already seen this entry in the journal of lauded locopoke enthusiast JabbaTheGriffin but interested in your take: now that you can actually do stuff on the site without getting the alt you're on banned or whatever what do you do from here? Just going to take it easy and play in tournaments? Try and get on any councils? Try the badgeholder thing? Become a smarter, more intentional chris is me? I'm curious.

Mostly play in tournaments since I'm much too lazy to do anything else. Getting badges was fun at the time but it's too much work and Inside Scoop is pretty dead nowadays (plus anything significant happening there would get around to me pretty quickly). I don't even feel like playing in most tournaments, only the ones that particularly interest me (SPL, Tour, World cup) and it's nice to be able to enter those without fear of being banned.

I'd probably have unbanned you myself if you'd have asked me, always irritated me I had to talk about unbanning you through Jabba or whatever when he tried to do that every few weeks. Enough time had passed that it was worth seeing what happens. Not that it matters now, I guess.

After my request to be unbanned a few months ago was shot down I pretty much stopped caring but it's rather nice to be back.
How do you feel about Az's recent bout of insanity?

Az is a cool guy and we've always gotten along in the past. I have no idea what got into him yesterday but I hope he's alright!

What is your zombie defense plan?

Pepper spray.
How do you feel about mods/supermods disposing of their avatars?
All I care about is that they don't dispose of my avatar. I've had it so long that it's practically a part of me now...

What does pokemon0078's post mean?
dis·pose   [dih-spohz]

verb (used with object)
to give a tendency or inclination to; incline: His temperament disposed him to argue readily with people.
to put in a particular or the proper order or arrangement; adjust by arranging the parts.
to put in a particular or suitable place: The lamp was disposed on a table nearby.
to make fit or ready; prepare: Your words of cheer dispose me for the task.

how does it feel to know your watering hole is now safe?
I'm glad Az can't touch my hole anymore, that was quite the traumatic experience.

What is your opinion on chris is me?
He liked to talk a lot, I don't think he ever won a tournament match though... poor guy.

why you stalked me at vgc
Your hair is so beautiful I couldn't help it.

If you could make an alt (or alts) what would you name it (or them)?
I don't make alts, it's against the rules.

am i still ur nigga
I don't have any power in #yugioh. You tell me man.

Which mods *cough* have you never heard of?
I have no idea who most of the PO mods are and a lot of the old Shoddy guys don't have any power on there. Also have no idea who Desolate is or why they own the server(I think?).

What's the origin of your user name?

Opinion on perma councils and the tc purge?

Worst Smogon metagame?
After seeing Pokemon like Reuniclus and Volcarona get a vote I really started to question the efficiency of the suspect tests. It seemed like they took a lot longer than necessary and most of the players didn't really know what they were talking about. I trust that the council will do a good job banning the right Pokemon in BW2 and creating a solid metagame. As for the wing badges I've always believed that being good at the game should warrant IS access, but nothing happens there anyway so it doesn't really matter much. The badge was much too easy to get to begin with.

I've only played a bit of NU on PO but if Smogon's is anything similar then that is by far the worst. I don't know why the staff feels a need to support every metagame that pops up nowadays. The Smogon Grand Bash will fail immensely because the metagames are unpopular and the tournament format is impractical (5 forum tournaments? really?). The activity for the VGC Tournament is bad enough, but it's only a matter of time until we have a trophy for CAP and "Hackmons" too.

As a fellow DBZ fan, I have 3 questions:

1). What are your thoughts of Dragon Ball Multiverse?
2). If you could change one small thing about the Buu saga, what would it be and why?
3). What would be your absolute wish if you had all 7 Dragonballs and you knew that after you make that wish, they'd be destroyed forever?

When are you finally going to beat me at Pokemon?

R.U.D.Y.?

How long did it take you to get to 250lbs phaggot

what do you think happened to boss sonius?

if you could rate kd24 from 1-10 in pokemon, what would you give him?

if you could be any pokemon, what pokemon would you be?

if you could be any yugioh monster, what yugioh monster would you be?

If you had to assign different pokemon to some of the main DBZ characters (like goku, vegeta, piccholo etc.), which pokemon would you give them and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)