The Watering Hole #1 - locopoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
"A stranger is being shown around a village that he has just become part of. He is shown a well and his guide says "On any day except Friday, you can shout any question down that watering hole and you'll be told the answer." The man seems pretty impressed, and so he shouts down, "Why not on Friday?" A voice from in the hole shouts back, "Because on Friday, it's your day in the watering hole."

For some unknown reason, Swaggersaurus decided to put The Well to rest (I think I heard something about a lack of funding?). Regardless, I couldn't let all my fans down. This is for you guys.

I'm locopoke and I've been on Smogon for about 5 years now. Most of you probably know me from tournaments, as that is primarily why I can't seem to get away from this site. If you don't know me from tournaments, then you probably know me as "that banned guy", and some of you might not know me at all. I'm a 17 year old Caucasian male living in New York. I love strategy games and ice cream. My biggest pet peeves are shaking hands, loud black people and texting (why can't people just call eachother?).

Hopefully that is enough information to raise some questions. AMA.

you're basically a veteran of smogon now, and you've been hated through most of it by idiots who have a stick up their ass. do you think the times gonna come when you're done with smogon and competitive pokemon or are you gonna be like fabbles and focus on hosting tournaments/managing tournaments and doing non-battling stuff?

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
did you ever try /really/ hard as a kid to kamehameha or spirit bomb then cry when you couldnt

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If, in real life, you had to pee really badly, but the only thing resembling a toilet was a well with a crowd of people shouting questions down it, would you pee in it or would you pee your pants

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
how did you end up finding smogon, and what inspired the insatiable zeal you have for battling? what is the one thing you like most about competitive pokemon?

do you get some sort of singular enjoyment out of trolling all the time (that's the point, right?) or are you simply fascinated that you can post whatever drivel comes to mind just to incite rage in others?

what is your favorite movie?

Is it scary when creepy random fat 40 year olds threaten to smack you with doorknobs?

EDIT: Oh and, do you like hockey?

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
I'm locopoke and I've been on Smogon for about 5 years now. Most of you probably know me from tournaments, as that is primarily why I can't seem to get away from this site. If you don't know me from tournaments, then you probably know me as "that banned guy", and some of you might not know me at all. I'm a 17 year old Caucasian male living in New York. I love strategy games and ice cream. My biggest pet peeves are shaking hands, loud black people and texting (why can't people just call eachother?).

Hopefully that is enough information to raise some questions. AMA.
What are your thoughts on loud people in general? why is it just loud black people that get on your nerves? what would your reaction be(or rather, how different) in 3 similar situations involving a loud person: the first situation involved a loud white guy, the second involved a loud Hispanic guy, and the 3rd involved a loud black guy. What if we replaced the Hispanic guy with a very cute Asian(or white) girl?

Do you believe that i am asking these questions because i myself am black?

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
You are a polarizing user, liked by reputable (Jabba, Faint) and terrible (kd24) users alike, yet disliked by many others. How would you say this has happened?

How was your brief VGC experience? Did you encounter anyone intent on beating you with doorknobs there?

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
based on your history if you had to choose between stone edge and focus blast, what would you choose?

now that your ban has been lifted will you change your ways?

why would you leave us east to become a metrosexual?

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
if twin long rods and the drdek had sex, what card would be the baby? you can make up a fictional card or use one that exists

Atticus

Atticus
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
how hard have you studied for your SAT test tomorrow?

what's your favorite yugioh card based on the competitive aspect (not the art)?

what's your favorite pokemon based on the competitive aspect?

best user on smogon outside of your circle of frends?

worst user on smogon "" "" "" "" ?

what's nastier, kd's stache or the nasty tumblr pics dotteh posts?

What did you do to get banned?

Who's cock did you suck to get unbanned?

Why does everyone hate you?

Could you start a campaign to get me my own well? I am parched.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
All of these questions are about DBZ. Almost no one is asking you about your OP. You say you like ice cream. What kind of ice cream do you think Vegeta likes?

locopoke

Banned deucer.
scratch that,

what is the philosophical meaning of ryuk?
The Virgin Mary.

what is your favorite band?

who would YOU like to see in the next watering hole?
Linkin Park

That's a tough one. Probably someone like aesoft because of the work he's been doing on Showdown and the fact that he tries very hard not to tell anyone anything about himself (even his(it's?) gender).

I want to hear this from your mouth.
What actually happened with the Pharaoh Atem thing?
I needed a forum account to play in a tournament (I think it was sneak) and at the time I was also checking / posting in the Yugioh discussion quite a bit. Because Pharaoh Atem is so well known in the Yugioh community I decided it would be funny to register as him, avatar and all, and start posting in Yugioh threads here on Smogon. I even got some VMs from people who play Yugioh and go to DGz so it was pretty funny. After a while I got bored and someone (I forget who) brought up how funny it would be if the real atem found the account, so I went on Dueling Network and told him that someone was impersonating him on Smogon with a link to the account. It resulted in an IS thread and a pretty funny name change.

you're basically a veteran of smogon now, and you've been hated through most of it by idiots who have a stick up their ass. do you think the times gonna come when you're done with smogon and competitive pokemon or are you gonna be like fabbles and focus on hosting tournaments/managing tournaments and doing non-battling stuff?
We always bring this up on Skype, but I don't even feel like a veteran. "Old" to me is 2004 and "new" is Platinum/HGSS, forget about black and white. But then you remember that we started playing when DP was released and realize it's been a pretty fucking long time.

I've never been a fan of people "quitting" as they usually do it for attention. When I finally stop coming to Smogon it will be because I completely lose the urge to keep playing Pokemon, which doesn't seem like it will happen soon due to BW2's upcoming release. My activity fluctuates and I've taken some long breaks in the past where I didn't show up for a few months. I'm sure the time will come where I stop playing for good, but I can't imagine not using IRC. Getting on IRC has become so routine for me and I've made a few good friends on there. There's always something to talk about.

What was going through your head when this happened?
That was hilarious, detroitlolcat has some serious password problems and needs to remember to sign in on the SynIRC window (he's revealed his password a couple more times since that happened but I'm a nice guy).

what did you actually do to get banned? please relate the story for recent users who don't know anything.
It's been a long time but I made some thread about Rising Duck and people overreacted. Then some other stuff.

who would win in a fight

your avatar, KD24's avatar, or LN's avatar
Realistically me and LN's would kill each other and Mr. Popo would be the last man standing. Can't beat the original though.

did you ever try /really/ hard as a kid to kamehameha or spirit bomb then cry when you couldnt
I cried when I succeeded and killed everyone.

If, in real life, you had to pee really badly, but the only thing resembling a toilet was a well with a crowd of people shouting questions down it, would you pee in it or would you pee your pants
If I didn't have to pee I'd drink water until I could, fuck the well.

What do you think is more likely to happen: kd24 playing a legit game of scrabble or Az locking this thread?
Depends, is putting an "s" after huge words legit?

how did you end up finding smogon, and what inspired the insatiable zeal you have for battling? what is the one thing you like most about competitive pokemon?

do you get some sort of singular enjoyment out of trolling all the time (that's the point, right?) or are you simply fascinated that you can post whatever drivel comes to mind just to incite rage in others?

what is your favorite movie?
During the Summer of 2007 I was on a small (now non-existent) forum called gametalk.com when someone linked to a thread on Smogon. My friend Faint and I found C&C and all the analyses and figured these guys knew their shit so we signed up and stuck around.

I was 12 when I came to Smogon and I started winning quite a bit so Pokemon really stuck with me since I like winning(who doesn't?). The thing I like the most about competitive Pokemon is the constantly changing metagame. I've always said that the skill in Pokemon is mostly in staying ahead of the meta. Finding the best new strategy and abusing it until people find out how to beat it is how all of the best players do well in tournaments. Right now the metagame is pretty stale because of the lack of suspect tests, but BW2 should bring some exciting new changes for people to play around with, so that should be fun.

Aside from games, the reason I come online is to fuck around because I'm bored. And what better way to fuck around than to say whatever comes to mind and piss people off with no consequences? I have a tendency to not take anything seriously which is probably why me being badged didn't work out, the staff takes their job way too seriously. I'm growing up though so I try to keep the bullshit to myself most of the time now.

Probably Tropic Thunder. I can watch that movie 100 times and it'll still be funny.

Is it scary when creepy random fat 40 year olds threaten to smack you with doorknobs?

EDIT: Oh and, do you like hockey?
NOPE

What are your thoughts on loud people in general? why is it just loud black people that get on your nerves? what would your reaction be(or rather, how different) in 3 similar situations involving a loud person: the first situation involved a loud white guy, the second involved a loud Hispanic guy, and the 3rd involved a loud black guy. What if we replaced the Hispanic guy with a very cute Asian(or white) girl?

Do you believe that i am asking these questions because i myself am black?
I think people should behave themselves in public and it's obnoxious when they don't. I dislike when anyone is being loud or inconsiderate but black people stand out because in Queens you have your fair share of obnoxious ghetto black people. You're either asking because you're black or because the black people you see on a regular basis aren't obnoxious so you're wondering why I feel that way. Definitely a little of the former though.

I'm making a quote wall. What is your favorite literary quote if you have one?
I barely read but my favorite book is probably The Giver, which I read (and stole from the school) in 5th Grade. Don't remember any quotes though.

You are a polarizing user, liked by reputable (Jabba, Faint) and terrible (kd24) users alike, yet disliked by many others. How would you say this has happened?

How was your brief VGC experience? Did you encounter anyone intent on beating you with doorknobs there?
I was very young when I joined and managed to develop a rather shitty reputation. That reputation stuck with me and influenced how I dealt with people on Smogon. I'm grateful for the few people who have gotten to know me and think I am an ok guy.

VGC was pretty fun and I did well because everyone who goes to those things is bad. It's a shame they changed the locations this year and I didn't get to go. Playing tournaments in person is pretty awesome except there's very little trash talking and I actually felt bad for a few of the people I beat. They told me how they traveled x distance just to play in the tournament and then I destroyed them. Oh well.

Thankfully there was a lack of doorknob assailants at that event.

based on your history if you had to choose between stone edge and focus blast, what would you choose?

now that your ban has been lifted will you change your ways?

why would you leave us east to become a metrosexual?
I've had better luck with Focus Blast over the years and Fighting is a much better type.

There's nothing to change.

East kept losing and I enjoy working together with Jabba, hopefully I don't end up like aldaron. Metro and East, as well as all the other teams, look pretty even this year. It should be a good tournament.

if twin long rods and the drdek had sex, what card would be the baby? you can make up a fictional card or use one that exists

(I'll think of a better answer later)

am i the greatest scrabble player of all time?
Better than cti, but who isn't?

how hard have you studied for your SAT test tomorrow?

Not hard enough, but I'm a pretty good test taker so I think I should be alright.

what's your favorite yugioh card based on the competitive aspect (not the art)?

Horn of the Phantom Beast easily.

what's your favorite pokemon based on the competitive aspect?

Probably Tyranitar and Garchomp because I think it will take some major changes on GameFreak or Smogon's part to make these guys bad. They will always be amazing.

Personally I don't have a favorite Pokemon to use but BW sun teams are definitely my favorite. Your DPP Kingdra set is also up there.

best user on smogon outside of your circle of frends?

Doug and reachzero both did a lot for different areas of the site, avoided drama and stuck around. Can't think of anyone else at the moment.

worst user on smogon "" "" "" "" ?

Worst notable/important user on Smogon is probably Haunter since he's an Admin but he does nothing and is mainly responsible for random users having custom titles. Go back to locking RMTs.

Also dotteh because it's 5:30 PM PST and he's still asleep.

what's nastier, kd's stache or the nasty tumblr pics dotteh posts?

Too tough to answer, thank god he shaved that thing off though.
Who's cock did you suck to get unbanned?

I was thinking about sucking Synre's as he seems to have taken the role as leader but then I got a PM out of the blue with a link to my unbanned profile and a chat log. Go figure.

Why does everyone hate you?

Why don't you ask them when it's their turn in the well.

Could you start a campaign to get me my own well? I am parched.

Az can hook you up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)