Walrus The KnightsofSonata I Just Can't Get Enough Cross-server Walrus [Walrein Wins]

19th Place
Submitted by SketchUp
Score: 7.5

NYC by Interpol

Very mellow, melancholic vibe to it. The vocals seem like a perfect fit for the backing. My bad habit of zoning out on some songs if I don’t give them 100% of my attention is coming into play here, too, though.

14th Place
Submitted by Steven Snype
Score: 8.1

Amsterdam
by Imagine Dragons

It kinda feels like the Imagine Dragons songs with harder, more driving beats are more popular. Something with a little more syncopation or a bigger hook is what I mean. This is a little more chill than what I’m used to from them, but I like it.

13th Place
Submitted by RandomTurtle
Score: 8.3

Pripyat (Part 1 & 2) by Seth Sentry

Turtle wanted me to judge this just on Part 2 and I can hear why. Part 1 is good, but Part 2 is where it really picks up. The flow there is tighter, the vocals a little more enjoyable. I like the verses more than the chorus, because the chorus sounds like there’s been some serious pitch shifting done on the vocals.

10th Place
Submitted by Aladyyn
Score: 8.6

Ukraine by Nokturnal Mortum

I love this opening. I’m a sucker for strings. Then the guitars kick in and then… hello, screamo. But the screaming isn’t unpleasant in its harshness and the chorus is nicely melodic. I’m about halfway through now and thinking I wouldn’t mind eight and a half minutes of this. The screaming makes that thought somewhat of a close call, but then there’s a sweet guitar solo to boot. I wonder if Texas would like this.

5th Place
Submitted by Lord Gaius
Score: 9.1

Compton by Kendrick Lamar ft. Dr. Dre

Mm, yeah. Worry about deadlines. Worry about time you might be wasting. Worry about vague plans you aren’t even close to hashing out the details on. Worry about solid plans falling through. Worry about getting blindsided by something, anything you wouldn’t expect or want life to throw at you. Or you could just listen to Kendrick Lamar’s confident flow, chill out, and get shit done.

2nd Place
Submitted by Isa
Score: 9.7

Seeland by NEU!

This song would have done very well in Hot Licks, I think. The bass shines here and the guitars add an extra layer of polish to the piece later on. This is a great slow jam that I just want to hit repeat on ad infinitum. Makes me wonder what the rest of the album’s like.

Acid starts out strong with a 10 right out of the gate!
I see Isa land in 2nd!
Walrein rocks his way into 3rd!
But this is only our starting point! Who knows where we’ll go from here?

2nd cat - our ska cat, Wanting To Branch Out - will happen Oct 30th 8pm CDT.

And now for our outro...

[4:06 PM] KnightsofSonata: Okay! I'm gonna use a workaround while tech support does some more number crunching. Unfortunately, this has put me behind schedule on judging. New date & time for ska category is Thursday Nov 2nd 8pm CDT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)