THE FOOD THREAD

I has a pretty big shock when I first ate away from home and seen what good food I eat-both in taste and nutrition. Even when I went to restraunts they were pretty good and not something disgusting. But when I arrived to the university for my summer program it was quite a shock for me even though the food is not terrible. Kind of a eye opener I guess.
Anyone else have a similar experience? When you get so used to good foods?

My favorite meal in the world
Get on my level.
Korean food: the basic side dishes that comes with every meal. Then theres raw beef with raw egg on top. Its like a tar tar, but its sweeter and oh so delicious. Korean barbecue on the side which cant be beat. And finally, fried beef intestines. Salty and crispy and chewy and delicious. This food is the stuff of gods.

This place is amazing for vegans like me; the guacamole is freaking AMAZING.
Anyone who's ever eaten at Chipotle already knows how amazing it is.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
I'm not gonna lie I liked eating my tacos standing up, but still doesn't beat my family's home made dishes. I yet have to taste a better pozole and chilaquiles.

i am absurdly bland when it comes to food...
possibly the one food i actually eat happily and with gusto would be pasta...

Triangles

Big Stew
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
I'll eat pretty much anything willingly - there's nothing I "don't like" to eat, but if I were asked to choose one favourite food, it would be gratin dauphinoise. I love potatoes, I love onions, I love cheese, I love everything that goes into the beautiful and great dish. A nice bit of battered haddock and chips and mushy peas and vinegar and lemon comes a close second. Probably a slow-cooked squid casserole with a really nice tomato, pepper, garlic and onion sauce (maybe a bit of chorizo) with basmati rice, well salted and peppered. Oh god, just writing this is making me salivate...

Those Korean food pics posted by user nihilist also look really tasty, especially the steak tartare-esque dish, and the Korean BBQ. They look nearly as good as the insurmountable gratin dauphinoise.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
mug sucks

barq is where its at

also ive been eating a ton healthier as of late

i cut out yolks, so im only eating egg whites
i cut out soda, i only drink water ET CETERA

Step 1: grab 2 waffles.
Step 2: they are most likely frozen, if so, place them on a plate and let them go in the microwave for 30 seconds.
Step 3: take them out of the microwave and put them in the toaster on the lowest setting (1).
Step 4: remove waffles, spread NUTELLA all over them. fold in half and enjoy.

I have taken to making my own burgers recently, as I thought in the UK good burgers were hard to find. They were all really processed, and so fatty they shrank to nothing. It's not such a problem in the States, but there's always time to make a good burger. Grabbing some decent quality mince (minimal fat), a very tiny amount of parsley, and some McCormick Grillmates, press it all together and it's spot on. They don't shrink, and actually have some decent flavour to them. I suggest people try, and appreciate the difference.
Lean beef is awful for burgers. For starters, they don't stick together very well and are a huge pain to grill. Anything higher than 85% lean will fall apart and/or be dry and gross. Fat adds flavor and juice to the burger. If you think fatty burgers are the bad ones, then you are a highly misled individual.

Step 1: grab 2 waffles.
Step 2: they are most likely frozen, if so, place them on a plate and let them go in the microwave for 30 seconds.
Step 3: take them out of the microwave and put them in the toaster on the lowest setting (1).
Step 4: remove waffles, spread NUTELLA all over them. fold in half and enjoy.
Seconding but nutella is full of sugar

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
yeah I'm gonna come out in defense of greasy burgers. That's the whole point of them: I've made burgers from lean mince which have no flavour. Lean mince is great for kofte or something you heavily season but not burgers. Burgers also need that juiciness.

My favorite meal is either a burger and fries, or bbq ribs with mashed potatoes and fries. My favorite thing I can actually cook is lasagna. I also make an awesome bbq sauce, which I like to make bbq pizza with.

And speaking of dorm food, I only ate at the dining hall once when I lived in a dorm, and I just ate cereal and dr. pepper. I think it was because you weren't actually allowed to take the food outside the dining hall... (and for the record, I hate dorms and I hope to never live in one again, even though it means living at home until I can get an apartment, which I actually don't mind except for the driving)

I has a pretty big shock when I first ate away from home and seen what good food I eat-both in taste and nutrition. Even when I went to restraunts they were pretty good and not something disgusting. But when I arrived to the university for my summer program it was quite a shock for me even though the food is not terrible. Kind of a eye opener I guess.
Anyone else have a similar experience? When you get so used to good foods?
Last year when I lived on residence was bittersweet for me. At the beginning I thought the food was actually pretty good. But as time went on i became very very dissatisfied with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)