The Everything NFL Thread - 2017-18 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Browns 3-0 in preseason? Might have to hit the bandwagon
There's still plenty of room here. Deshone Kizer is a WIP but hes definitely the best the Browns have had in a hot minute. Looking forward to see where this hype train goes.

WHAT DO WE WANT? COMPETITIVE BROWNS GAMES!! WHEN DO WE WANT EM? AS SOON AS YOU'RE ABLE; GROW MY PRECIOUS BABIES!!

Can't imagine what life as a browns fan is like. When I went to the Browns Pats game last year the girl next to me was legitimately excited about Cody Kessler, then during the game he got hurt and she reacted like her dog died or something.

The bar there is so low that Kizer will be treated as a savior if he wins like 3 games.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Life as a Browns fan is basically like you had the perfect girlfriend, perfect life etc but then she leaves you in the middle of the night without prior warning to go live with some other dude who isn't really as into her as you were but he's got more money so whatevs. Then for the next 60 years you're stuck in an endless cycle of lesser girlfriends who never quite measure up and always disappoint you in the end. But you keep getting excited every time because you think this one will be different

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was of course referring to the Browns up and leaving for Baltimore and becoming the Ravens, much to the dismay of their fanbase which was previously unaware of the plans. What is extra insulting is that the organization saw almost immediate success when moving to Baltimore, when they had been struggling in Cleveland since the 60s.

Life as a Browns fan is basically like you had the perfect girlfriend, perfect life etc but then she leaves you in the middle of the night without prior warning to go live with some other dude who isn't really as into her as you were but he's got more money so whatevs. Then for the next 60 years you're stuck in an endless cycle of lesser girlfriends who never quite measure up and always disappoint you in the end. But you keep getting excited every time because you think this one will be different

fatty

is a Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion
please do not mention the agony of jags fandom in the same breath as lions and browns, it's insulting.

edit: bold prediction though, both the browns and lions will be at or above .500 this year

Last edited:

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
They were one of the top teams in sacks last year, and that was before they drafted tj watt. Joe Haden, because of his dominance earlier in his career, got basically relegated to 1v1 duty on opposing wr1s. I won't deny he's regressed, but I think playing on a defense that can actually generate qb pressure will help him thrive.

Prof. Almeida though I disagree with his assertions, I've always fully supported kaepernick in right to protest the way he did. It sure beat violence, and it got people talking. It's a shame that white players joining the protest makes it more of a story, because we should be paying attention anyway regardless of who is protesting. Just adds more fuel to the alleged racial divide, which is not what we need

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
can we talk about how dumb anthem protesting is in the first place

because people get way too butthurt for some reason about others not revering a 200-year-old song, not the fact that they're protesting something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)