ORAS UU The 5 Musketeers (currently 1589 and climbing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBU

Banned deucer.
Hello everyone and welcome to my first ever rmt.As a player i prefer to use mons and/or teams that are kind of controversial. So for my 1st rmt i decided to showcase an eeveelution team. Even though most eeveelution themed teams are considered low ladder and unable to compete in a serious meta, i wanna try and prove that this is not true and that the eevee brothers can synergize in a very competitive way and bring down top tier threats.

Here is a proof of my peak i decayed a bit but w/e :D

Luna (Umbreon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Foul Play
The first member of my team is Luna (Umbreon). I decided to go full on physical defense with umbreon(max hp max def, bold nature, leftovers), with its moveset being Wish, Protect, Toxic and Foul Play. The physical bulk lets umbreon 1vs1 physical set up sweepers, bar cobalion and lucario, while its natural special defense of 296 lets it serve as a back up special wall if need be. Max hp max def umbreon is able to tank +2 waterfall and +2 outrage by adamant Feraligatr and Salamence respectively and ohko back with a Foul Play. I decided to give it the inner focus ability over synchronize in order to avoid being haxed to death by waterfall mega sharpedo, since umbreon is my only answer to it.This way umbreon brings 2 immunities to the team, being flinch and psychic. Toxic helps umbreon to stall out mons by wish protecting that it cannot reliable damage with foul play, like hydreigon, mega sceptile (F.blast does around 62%) and mandibuzz.

Ariel (Vaporeon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Scald

The wall core of my team completes Ariel (Vaporeon). Vaporeon serves as my dedicated special wall and cleric , being max hp max sp.def calm with leftovers. It has the ability to tank almost every special hit in the entire meta, including a leaf storm by modest mega sceptile. It is crazy to think that 464hp 317spdef vaporeon can stall out of giga drains a sub drain mega sceptile and then become a full on stop to it. my vaporeon's moveset is Wish, Protect, Scald and Heal Bell. The double wish/pass combo with umbreon makes it easier to switch around and force goos matchups too. Finally, the water absorb ability serves as a very useful water immunity, also making vaporeon a great pivot switchin to cune, forcing the calm mind on the jolteon switch, without letting the latter take any uneccessary damage.

Hair Gel (Jolteon) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Signal Beam​

I am very much aware that no game is won through sheer defense(yes I am looking at you stall players), so my next member is pretty much the power house of my team. Hair Gel, is my max sp.attack, max speed MODEST Choice Specs Jolteon. Jolteon incredible base speed stat of 130 provides the luxury of giving it the modest nature, while still being able to outspeed mons with speed of 110. The moveset I recommend on Jolteon is : Volt Switch, Thunderbolt, Signal Beam and Hidden Power Grass . Volt switch from a specs jolteon provides initiative but also serves as a very powerful hit hit that even pokemon who ressist it don't exactly appreciate taking one. Thunderbolt is here to basically ensure kos on fat mons like crocune and cobalion (YES t-bolt ohkos cobalion). Signal beam pretty much is here to ohko hydreigon and offensive krook, which traditionally serve as ''counters'' to Jolteon. Finally and most probably the most controversial pick is hp grass over hp ice. However, hp grass ohkos big threats to jolteon, such as def Swampert and Seismitoad, while at the same time deals massive amounts of damage to mamoswine. All of the above mons can easily switch in on an hp ice,and while someone could argue about the nische of hitting dragons with x4 effective damage. I have to point out that all that with flygon gone to RU , there is no reason to run hp ice, since volt switch/t-bolt destroy mence, hydreigon gets ohkoed by signal beam and goodra just doesnt care in general. Finally, given the right predictions are made, jolteon can serve as a ''reliable'' electrik immunity with the ability volt absorb.

Hindu Virgin (Espeon) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magic Bounce
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Dazzling Gleam
I strongly stand by the opinion that every team needs a scarfer and this role in my team is being played by my Hindu Virgin (Espeon). My espeon is max sp.attack max speed timid nature with Psyshock, Shadow Ball, Dazzling Gleam and Trick. Psyshock helps espeon somehow damage special walls like blissey and florges. ATTENTION: SCARF PSYSHOCK D-E-S-T-R-O-Y-S one of the biggest threats to my team, aka mega beedrill. Shadow is here basically for azelf and because i got tired of people comfortably switching doublade in on espeon. Dazzling gleam is useful for hydreigon and also relieving the burden of predicting between a fighting and a dark mon(e.g. heracross-sharpedo cores). Finally trick is my way to shut down bulky set up sweepers, mainly curselax, that my team cannot deal with otherwise. Finally espeons ability to magic bounce, gives this team a hazard and/or status immunity that has to be utilized with CAUTION, given how much frail espeon is.

I actually came to point where i needed 2 things for my team:
  • A way to not get 6-0ed by Entei and
  • a form of priority

The God (Flareon) (M) @ Flame Plate
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flame Charge
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Quick Attack
Unfortunately enough the only eeveelution that covered both of these basis was The God (Flareon). Now, i am perfectly aware that flareon was a very well-deserved place in the bottom of the PU tier(aka FLAREON IS BAD), BUT this is still an eeveelution team and i DESPERATELY need a fire immunity, which flareon provides with its ability flash fire. My flareon is max attack, max speed jolly with a moveset that consists of: Flame Charge, Flare Blitz, Superpower and Quick Attack. Flame charge comes in handy, because with 251 max speed u cannot have high hopes of outspeeding anything with offensive capabilities, bar bulky set up sweepers. Flare blitz is here because it is the strongest stab flareon gets and with a base attack of 359 it can punch holes through teams, given the opportunity. Superpower helps with bulky normal types (basically curselax and pz), while quick attack is my pathetic excuse of a priority move being only able to pick up kos on pretty much dead mons or semi-dead glass cannons (e.g. mega beedrill). I decided to give my flareon the item flame plate, which boosts the stab moves(f.charge and f.blitz), while not giving it any form of extra recoil since its pretty frail as it is and the flare blitz recoil doesnt help either.

SomeoneHasToSpin (Forretress) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Spikes
The final member isn't an eeveelution. And it isn't an eeveelution because even tho I wanted this to be a fun team, I want it to be a competitively viable one too. Thats exactly why I decided to solve the biggest problem that the eevee brothers have, which is hazard control/hazard set, by rounding up the team with arguably one of the best mons in dealing with hazards. This mon is no other than my SomeoneHasToSpin (Forretress). The combination of a bulky spinner and a frail magic bouncer gives this team a solid way to deal with hazards. My forretress is max hp max def ,impish nature with its moveset being: Stealth Rock, Rapid Spin, Spikes and EARTHQUAKE. The only non self-explanatory move is Earthquake. I chose eq over gyro ball in order to avoid getting easily swept by sd l.o. lucario and toxicroak, that otherwise flat out destroy my team. I also decided to give forretress rocky helmet, which helps dealing extra damage here and there, limits the destruction that mega beedrill will cause to my team and, in combination with volt absorb jolteon, provides a solid stop to volt-turn cycles.

Before I give away my sets I want to point out some important things regarding this team:

• this is by no means a joke-team. It is as competitive as they get and played the right way can bring down any ''seriously'' competitive team in the UU meta
  • i suggest you don't use this team while playing on tilt, because most of the times in order to work it requires some solid predictions
I am CBU (ChoiceBnddUmbreon) and I wanna thank each and everyone that spent time from their life to read my rmt...
IMPORTABLE
Luna (Umbreon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Foul Play

Ariel (Vaporeon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Scald

Hair Gel (Jolteon) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Signal Beam

Hindu Virgin (Espeon) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magic Bounce
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Dazzling Gleam

Plz Do Sth (Flareon) (M) @ Flame Plate
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flame Charge
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Quick Attack

SomeoneHasToSpin (Forretress) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Spikes

Last edited:
great meme team CBU! i won't recommend any changes bc 1) i wouldnt know what to suggest LOL and 2) u seem to know what u are doing :]

I really like ur buildings as u use to think outside the box and that's something I lack myself and so I really appreciate when I see

keep up the good job n_n

and post some replays mf this team is ca$h
and I know you have some replays saved bc i have saved one of ur games myself
eeveelution team that actually works thats hilarious rofl

Reactions: CBU

CBU

Banned deucer.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-278729276 (Solid game vs opponent with a solid score on the ladder)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-278670974 (Why Flareon is in the team)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-278320201 (flareon becoming the win con and forcing entei to not spam sacred fire)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-278286527 (A fairly good example of the team's synergy and the niche of multiple immunities and wish supported switches)

Also malinowski i really appreciate your kind words about a team that many thought was a joke...i hope you and everyone that comes to see this thread enjoys... :)

Last edited:
Forretress isn't an eeveeloution, this team is a lie.

Anyways, I'm trash, so I won't say too much about the actual eevee evos, but I would suggest possibly putting Gyro Ball over Spikes on Forry. I've never really found it to be that great as a lone hazardstacker, and it would provide you with a way to deal with Slurpuff, who just blows through your team if it gets off a BD, as well as another answer to quick mons like MAero/Bee/Absol.

CBU

Banned deucer.
Forretress isn't an eeveeloution, this team is a lie.

Anyways, I'm trash, so I won't say too much about the actual eevee evos, but I would suggest possibly putting Gyro Ball over Spikes on Forry. I've never really found it to be that great as a lone hazardstacker, and it would provide you with a way to deal with Slurpuff, who just blows through your team if it gets off a BD, as well as another answer to quick mons like MAero/Bee/Absol.

thanks for the advice, i have thought about it myself, but 1 spike ensures kos for jolteon and flareon, and also the only mon on which slur sets up a bd is actually forretress...however u r right not being able to touch mega aero is a big problem for this team, provided aero cannot do much back but still :/

I saw this team and initially thought "cool a fun eevee team" and giggled a little seeing flareon. And then saw the team in action on the replays. Holy shit nice team!! I love especially how Flareon makes entei a complete liability on opposing teams. Playing around other CB Pokemon must be hard though. But heh can't stop them all though . great Eevee team :)

Reactions: CBU

CBU

Banned deucer.
I saw this team and initially thought "cool a fun eevee team" and giggled a little seeing flareon. And then saw the team in action on the replays. Holy shit nice team!! I love especially how Flareon makes entei a complete liability on opposing teams. Playing around other CB Pokemon must be hard though. But heh can't stop them all though . great Eevee team :)
Thanks for taking time to watch my replats man, it really makes me feel proud...i think that flash fire flareon (a pu bottom mon) solo-ing top tier UU threats like mega blastoise and hydreigon is a perfect example of the message i am trying to pass through this team...Its not about the mons seperately, its about the team synergy!!!
I also am really glad you liked the team :) and yeah CB wallbreakers are a problem, but between umbreon and forretress the damage can be controlled....sometimes...i think :P

ponponyo

formerly ssunbae
Seems like a interesting team, but why is your Umbreon with 0 Atk IVs if he's carrying Foul Play?

Alright, I'm shutting this masterpiece of a thread down for a while.

Aight I just deleted a whole bunch of posts. Please don't troll users posting their RMTs. If a user makes a "bad" team, just move on. Continued behavior such as was displayed in this thread can and will result in infractions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)