Team Fortress 2 - Join us at #lol

Depends on where you live. It still has plenty of players, but a lot of servers have terrible, unbalanced custom rules or only play bad maps.

You can find a populated server of pretty much any max player count in an instant. Pick-up games are easy too.

This is a really noobish question...but is there still a big enough community to play this game? I bought the Orange Box for 360 and love it, but nobody ever plays TF2 on Live so that fifth of the game is pointless. Would it be worth picking it up on PC? Are there full servers all the time?
I've been playing TF2 on xbox lately. From what I can tell there is no Rank Games, but you can find games if you look in Custom Games? (fuck forgot other option besides ranked games). although it may take a bit of refreshing to find a game that you don't have to wait in.

there are so many servers for tf2 in america. less in australia, so it's more tight-knit, but enough so that i don't even know 1% of the players

This is a really noobish question...but is there still a big enough community to play this game? I bought the Orange Box for 360 and love it, but nobody ever plays TF2 on Live so that fifth of the game is pointless. Would it be worth picking it up on PC? Are there full servers all the time?
The Orange Box version is just so watered-down compared to the pc version, the majority of players play on pc, and there are a great deal of people on at any given time

my division four grand final is on tonight, i will update this post with the sourcetv relay if you guys want to watch it as it happens

pretty excited, the team has been working hard this season and we're looking forward to winning in our debut season

Sorry to bump this old thing but the Uber Update is upon us. The entirety of TF2 is free for a week, so go download it and have fun.

also the tomislav is overpowered as fuck

EDIT:also meet the medic on thursday!

Free team fortress!? :000000, downloading now!

I bought my copy of Orange Box yesterday but the game will arrive in 5 to 9 days so, it's perfect for me >_<, thanks for the advice

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Two more sets my oh my, the new rifle looks good to finally raise the rifle skill cieling, the new demoknight set of weapons looks interesting. I just want to know if the sword turns ammo to health only when equiped, because I do like my grenades with my demoknight.

Aw hell like it matters with the way I play them I'll die before using all the grenades anyway.

Stickies + Pipes + the new sword would work pretty good on some maps. You get to leave the health packs to your jumping soldiers so that all around both of you get faster rollouts. You'd be able to blaze through a round of Badlands using the thing. You generally only need to restore your ammo on choke-heavy maps like Granary where you'll constantly have to reset traps and keep the rollers coming.

Sticky spam in pubs is also gonna be so much worse with the boots. You'll get overhealed to 300 HP.

But have you guys found the hidden Scout pack page? The new bat could be amazing and the other unlocks easily worth a try.

I love this update already. Combo Sniper that rewards skill, pure Demoknight (I know that Demo should be getting more explosive-based weapons, but fuck it, quite frankly the Demoknight is great fun and I can't wait to try it while being able to turn at the same time), TRIPLE JUMP SCOUT AAAAGH (this is amazing because I main scout, and QUADRUPLE JUMP with FaN, oh god this is going to be so good), and a Heavy that's amazing for ambushing. New Spy knife is great for people who main the Dead Ringer, I guess.

I love this update already. Combo Sniper that rewards skill, pure Demoknight (I know that Demo should be getting more explosive-based weapons, but fuck it, quite frankly the Demoknight is great fun and I can't wait to try it while being able to turn at the same time), TRIPLE JUMP SCOUT AAAAGH (this is amazing because I main scout, and QUADRUPLE JUMP with FaN, oh god this is going to be so good), and a Heavy that's amazing for ambushing. New Spy knife is great for people who main the Dead Ringer, I guess.
can't tell if serious

Hidden page for the Detonator !!

The new RL could be good fun, it'll probably best be used by deathmatch-heavy Soldiers. Still though, it might get annoying learning to aim (and dodge) three different projectile types for Soldier now. The shotgun looks pretty good, definitely a Medic and Scout picker. It seems a little gimped against Heavies (HOW ARE WE GOING TO DEAL WITH HEAVIES AFTER THIS UPDATE VALVE) and while Ubercharged though, so maybe it'll just be another Roamer unlock.

The new ally-buffing melee sounds like pretty solid help for Medic and Scout rollouts and it gives the Soldier something good to do while waiting at a choke point for something to happen (unless he's building Uber).

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Seriously two weapon updates for the Soldier? What kind of crazy world is this man, he's got weapons coming out of his rear end, and I can't even tell what the use is for all these different horns.

Also it seems that it's all but official that TF2 will be going free to play.

http://www.develop-online.net/features/1325/Free-at-last

I have mixed feelings on this one to be honest, while it will probably mean more updates to sustain popularity people may not like having paid for it then having it just be released for free later.

They better give us paying ones hats!

Uh. Ew. That was a really weird way to explain the Ubercharge. ._.

I like how they used the footage of the Pyro right before he was blown up in Meet the Soldier as the main pyro footage for the F2P video.

pookar

Banned deucer.
cool im gonna get a shit of hats

my dumb internet is being a shit when i actually want to play this game, go figure

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)