Team Fortress 2 - Join us at #lol

I really love this game. Besides a few balance issues (pyro is terrible-ish), this game is the perfect fps. Go demo!

Balance issues... hmm, the game is pretty balanced as it is, if you consider that the game is balanced for competitive playing but standard playing too, some weapons will probably NEVER be accepter in competitive playing :
-Sandman
-Natascha
-Wrangler ?

Those weapons will probably never be balanced in competitive playing, as Pyro and Engineer. However, Pyro will get a way to jump higher with the Detonator Flare, I don't it will solve everything, but it can make him more reliable.

Balance issues... hmm, the game is pretty balanced as it is, if you consider that the game is balanced for competitive playing but standard playing too, some weapons will probably NEVER be accepter in competitive playing :
-Sandman
-Natascha
-Wrangler ?

Those weapons will probably never be balanced in competitive playing, as Pyro and Engineer. However, Pyro will get a way to jump higher with the Detonator Flare, I don't it will solve everything, but it can make him more reliable.
Natascha has been nerfed now, I dout it's broken. But the pyro is just so weak. Pretty much any class can beat him one-on-one, even at closse range, which is the point of the pyro, to sneak up behind people. If you sneak up behind a heavy, unless you have the backburner, he can just turn around and kill you, which is not how it should be

Meh. You can sneak up behind a Heavy and 2shot him pretty quickly with Degreaser + Axtinguisher. Ambush works okay, and airblast kinda helps you escape afterwards, but Scout, Spy, and even Sniper are better at it.

Meh. You can sneak up behind a Heavy and 2shot him pretty quickly with Degreaser + Axtinguisher. Ambush works okay, and airblast kinda helps you escape afterwards, but Scout, Spy, and even Sniper are better at it.
Not with the Heavy's improved spin-up time. He can kill you before the second axe swing.

You might be able to kill him if you switch to shotgun and blast him after the Axtinguisher though.

http://www.teamfortress.com/shogunpack/

For those that are interested.

The Concheror (Soldier)
Level 5 Sashimono (Banner)
* When activated, damage done by you or your teammates comes back to you or your teammates as health

The Fan O'War (Scout)
Level 5 Gunbai (Melee)
* On Hit: Target is marked for death, causing all damage taken to be mini-crits
* -90% damage done

Conniver's Kunai (Spy, fuck naruto)
Level 1 Kunai (Melee)
* On Backstab: Absorbs HP from victim (can temporarily overheal)
* -65 max HP on wearer

The Half-Zatoichi (Soldier & Demoman)
Level 5 Katana (Melee)
* On Kill: Restores you to 100% HP
* Can't switch back to your primary/secondary until you kill someone with it

The Concheror (Soldier)
* When activated, damage done by you or your teammates comes back to you or your teammates as health

The Fan O'War (Scout)
Level 5 Gunbai (Melee)
* -90% damage done

Level 1 Kunai (Melee)
* -65 max HP on wearer

Level 5 Katana (Melee)
Sweet. Besides the Kunai, which seems absolutely useless, I like all of those weapons (Even the Zatoichi just for messing around), especially the Fan O'War which allows the scout to become a Jarate spammer. Yay!

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Whoa shit; the Soldier gets a huge buff. That might be better than both the Battalion if it charges at the same rate.

The scout Fan is pretty cool too

It one-shots anyone else who has the sword out. Demo will still probably be winning those duels though lol. Might be able to do a clutch offense on final with it after you've fired all 12 grenades loaded.

The Concheror (Soldier)

> Looks like Mad Milk for Soldier ? Would be really powerful on the non-pocket soldier, still depends on the setup time and activation time, could also be useless

The Fan O'War (Scout)
Level 5 Gunbai (Melee)
* -90% damage done

> Would probably banned in comp because of the mini-crits, and it looks really powerful with a good scout using it, not to forget Scout only has no-effect melees or Sandman (which is banned) or the useless Stick.

Level 1 Kunai (Melee)
* -65 max HP on wearer

> -65Hp = 60base HP, Overheal is 50% of max health = 90Hp = Fail, might want to reduce the Hp loss, not to say that every rocket, close shotgun,... might OS you.

Level 5 Katana (Melee)

> Well, it's basically a risky weapon, and I don't think Demo and Pocket Soldier need it that much, with a medic on their side, not to say that if you miss, you're already near from death, not being able to use any other weap, I don't think it would be that useful, but I might be wrong

The Kunai overheals to 180 by the way.

It's still underpowered, but the health regains extinguishes you when you stab, which is great for turnstabbing Pyros.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is a really noobish question...but is there still a big enough community to play this game? I bought the Orange Box for 360 and love it, but nobody ever plays TF2 on Live so that fifth of the game is pointless. Would it be worth picking it up on PC? Are there full servers all the time?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)