Super Street Fighter 4

I see nothing about "every 50 seconds".

As for "therefore it shouldn't", that isn't really a good argument when you have 100s of people saying otherwise. 3 or 4 posts down you have MagnetoManiac (one of the best Chuns in the US) noting that he keeps dropping combos whenever he has to change between versions. If we can agree it is in fact one frame different then you should understand how much of a difference that actually is.

Same thing goes for online. If I can barely react to a move in the first place, adding just a few milliseconds of lag can make a move pretty much unblockable. 1 frame is definitely inconvenient. And if your execution is godlike on one console it's arguably more going to be harder to adjust.

I watched it about a year ago. But you're right, my appologies.

To be honest I never considered that 1 frame being a product of a very small delay over a long period of time. I was thinking like:
game starts at 0
and then whatever happens, the box will some how be 1 frame ahead of ps3
trying to work that out in my head mathematically, but I think that's not really possible
If it were somehow the case that combo timing was simply 1 frame different, all the time, that would be pretty damn ground breaking though!

I'll take your word for it now then since that math actually makes sense. There still is an overwhelming majority of players who swear by the XBox though. I'm not one of them (I own PS3), it's just that I always felt it was necessary to warm up when I played at someone else's place.

Edit: http://www.shoryuken.com/blog.php?b=1045
Actually I seem to have been correct. This isn't 100% accurate science but neither was the first video. Basically what we were talking about were the speed differences. So yeah, there's no differences there really. On the other hand, PS3 has 5 frames of input latency after a button press while 360 has 4. There's really no objective way to decide on a superior console, but I found that my muscle memory just gets along better with the 360.

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
PK gaming add me if you got xbl : remlabme

i love rufus mirror matches they are a ton of fun, my internet has been really crappy these last few days that I don't trust it to play ranked :(. I have been getting bad luck with endless lobbys just facing flow chart ryus and kens with a good person every now and than

also tournament mode sucks, I cant believe I was so hype for it

also after about a month of straight training mode, I can finally plink consistently online zomg!!!!!

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PK gaming add me if you got xbl : remlabme

i love rufus mirror matches they are a ton of fun, my internet has been really crappy these last few days that I don't trust it to play ranked :(. I have been getting bad luck with endless lobbys just facing flow chart ryus and kens with a good person every now and than

also tournament mode sucks, I cant believe I was so hype for it

also after about a month of straight training mode, I can finally plink consistently online zomg!!!!!

My name on XBL is Lord Sturm 7.

I love mirror matches too, because they are so rare. (NOBODY uses Rufus... I'm not even joking) I'll be able to play you on Tuesday.

I've got Exams :(

i'm surprised noone really uses rufus. considering how good he is, it boggles my mind

hey did you jump? yeah i did. lololol j.hk, EX snake
hey did you jump with me having u2 meter? yeah i did. lololol u2

Rufus is insane. Only reason why he doesn't get picked is because he doesn't seem that popular with the casual gamers.

That said, I get absolutely demolished by Rufuses.

i'm surprised noone really uses rufus. considering how good he is, it boggles my mind

hey did you jump? yeah i did. lololol j.hk, EX snake
hey did you jump with me having u2 meter? yeah i did. lololol u2
This is my first post on smogon in a LONG time but I was just browsing randomly from SRK and I had to interject here.

Your post answers itself though. You're having issues with jumping, so ... don't ... jump ... at ... him ... ?

Now it IS true that Rufus is insanely good, for reasons completely unrelated to his j.hk damage. His dive kick pressure game is just insane, and there are very few characters with reliable ways out of it, which is why he basically takes a big dump on most of the cast.

This is my first post on smogon in a LONG time but I was just browsing randomly from SRK and I had to interject here.

Your post answers itself though. You're having issues with jumping, so ... don't ... jump ... at ... him ... ?

Now it IS true that Rufus is insanely good, for reasons completely unrelated to his j.hk damage. His dive kick pressure game is just insane, and there are very few characters with reliable ways out of it, which is why he basically takes a big dump on most of the cast.
i don't jump at him

even then everything else he has is ridiculous

remlabmez

@dacopboss
my theory for people not using rufus online is that he doesnt have a mashable reversal at all times (ex messiah can work I suppose but that requires meter), people want that DP!!

and his BnB is a one frame link which is required to know if you wanna be successful with rufus, my internet has still been sucking so I cant even get games in online

my theory for people not using rufus online is that he doesnt have a mashable reversal at all times (ex messiah can work I suppose but that requires meter), people want that DP!!

and his BnB is a one frame link which is required to know if you wanna be successful with rufus, my internet has still been sucking so I cant even get games in online
I kind of agree with this as well. That 1-frame link BnB is what is keeping me from playing Rufus =/

Ex-Messiah is ridiculous though.

I was thinking of getting this game but I have two questions:
1. Due to my internet being shit, I do not have Xbox Live. Is the game still worth getting just for the offline content?
2. Are there any plans for a PC version? I know there's a PC version for Street Fighter 4, so they would do the same thing for SSF4 right? I can atleast take my laptop to an internet cafe for online. Also, for anyone with the PC version, how difficult are the controls?

remlabmez

@dacopboss
I was thinking of getting this game but I have two questions:
1. Due to my internet being shit, I do not have Xbox Live. Is the game still worth getting just for the offline content?
2. Are there any plans for a PC version? I know there's a PC version for Street Fighter 4, so they would do the same thing for SSF4 right? I can atleast take my laptop to an internet cafe for online. Also, for anyone with the PC version, how difficult are the controls?
only reason to play this game is for online modes, so no. I have no clue about number 2

EVO THIS WEEKEND!!! If you have IRC, PM me, because we'll likely have a channel dedicated to watching it and commenting. It's always a good time! :D

Stream so far has been pretty interesting. Highlight of my day was probably Neo v Wolfkrone. Final round was just an amazing display of offense.

Ed Ma vs Marn was probably match of the day for me. I really didn't want to see Marn get eliminated, but I've always loved Ma and had like no idea he was even relevant anymore. Dagger G versus Justin was nice too, though it was kind of a heartbreaker.

Yesterday's summary (as told by Philip7086)

Props:
-Ed Ma vs. Marn... epic
-Arturo vs. ShadyK
-Dagger G vs. Justin Wong

Slops:
-PR Rog eliminated (wtf?)
-Art and Sanford in losers (wtf?)
-Inthul Pad Hero eliminated :(
-Shiro no-show :(
-LI Joe out of pools (LOL)
-Dagger G eliminated (new on my radar)
-Ed Ma eliminated (how?)
-Couldn't even knock Daigo into losers... fail
-No money match stream afterwards D:<

Overall I was sad last night :(. Lets hope today is better!

I really liked tonight; there were a ton of upsets and the top 8 is filled with relatively new faces. Tomorrow will really be interesting.

Most amazing of all was both Vangief and Gamerbee eliminating Justin Wong. That was astounding and completely unexpected. It really seems that JWong really should have used that U1 instead of U2 in a lot of those matches; he played pretty sloppily especially against gamerbee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)