Super Street Fighter 4

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I dont, I only have it on PS3, people that have it there can add me no problem though if they want to play some matches, JimmyMcWeakSauce is my PSN name :D

sup scrubs

about 3 button macros: only use them on pad. it's just stupid to use them if you have a stick because you're reaching over to the 4th row of buttons and for me at least, that's way too inconvenient.
It's far easier for me to hold down triple kick with my pinky and free my other fingers for punches (Balrog's roll punch input is a triple charge) than it is to do it any other way.

It's far easier for me to hold down triple kick with my pinky and free my other fingers for punches (Balrog's roll punch input is a triple charge) than it is to do it any other way.
I don't play much Rog, but I've always found it easier to hold all 3 punches/kicks. I can see the usability of it though, because holding 3K and trying to use LP MP and HP is pretty hard.

Not like I do TAP much with Rog anyway.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You shoulda seen scrubby Phil at Fanime flailing around without his triple macro for Rog. Droppin ultras left and right, bro!

(I jest, that match against Sagat was pretty pimpin. TURN PUNCH ERRY DAY)

Eiganjo

gotta love it, last couple of days ive been matched up to the proes, lost horribly and went fro 1800 to like 1500 now :D
god I miss player matches :P

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
i added you, finally hit my goal of 2k pp today..guess my new goal is 3k but that aint happening for a while

3k PP shouldn't be too hard to get, unless you hit a slump like I did. I was nearing 3k and then lost a bunch of matches in a row.

It's also annoying to get 30 some PP per match at most.

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
3k PP shouldn't be too hard to get, unless you hit a slump like I did. I was nearing 3k and then lost a bunch of matches in a row.

It's also annoying to get 30 some PP per match at most.
i couldnt join the games you invited me to, unable to join error. my internet has been sucking these last few days or I might have to mess with my router again

I haven't played a Street Fighter game since Super Street Fighter II, I'm interested to pick this up. Since I have both an Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, what console would be the best to get it for? I wanna' hear some different opinions before picking it up.

I haven't played a Street Fighter game since Super Street Fighter II, I'm interested to pick this up. Since I have both an Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, what console would be the best to get it for? I wanna' hear some different opinions before picking it up.
The 360 has a lot more online players in my experience, due to the sheer number of people who have an Xbox compared to how many have a PS3. I think the game looks slightly better on the PS3 (I could be imagining things), but I personally prefer the 360 because online play is very important to me.

The 360 has a lot more online players in my experience, due to the sheer number of people who have an Xbox compared to how many have a PS3. I think the game looks slightly better on the PS3 (I could be imagining things), but I personally prefer the 360 because online play is very important to me.
Since graphics aren't really an issue to me, I'll be getting it for Xbox 360. Thanks for your help Philip.

i couldnt join the games you invited me to, unable to join error. my internet has been sucking these last few days or I might have to mess with my router again
Kind of weird. I have a feeling it was your internet, due to the fact I could connect with some other people during that time span.

Eiganjo

so I'm trying to get every character to C rank, Fuerte dropped me all the way down to 7xx PP or so/ not that it matters to me since I only want the trophy and I can get it back easily with guile so thats not a problem XD

Uh, the last statistic list I looked at had way more people on PSN than Live. Regardless, the fact that most people play on wired connection for live as opposed to PS3's out of the box Wi-Fi pretty much means Live shits all over PSN.

As for graphics, it's pretty much an established fact that most multiplatform games look better on the 360 (not that there's really much of a difference either way).

Despite the 360 being the overall superior console for tournament players, I would actually recommend PS3 unless you plan on getting a joystick dude (or a custom controller). I'd rather be able to play the game at all than own a superior version and not be able to play it. Just my 2 cents.

I don't know where you're getting your statistics from, but from personal experience (my friend has it on the PS3, I have it on the 360), it takes way longer to find a match on the PS3, and the connection is rarely strong. On the other hand, on the 360 I always have a plethora of people to choose from, all with little to no lag. Maybe PSN has more registered users, but that doesn't translate to more SSF4 players online. Also, PSN is free, so anybody who has a PS3 will likely have a registered username but that doesn't mean they play online regularly. Since you have to pay for your online membership for the 360, I'd imagine a majority of the accounts on XBL are pretty much active online-play accounts.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Meh... I'm not going to lie I'm not stellar at SSF4, but I so want to play you guys. The ultimate revenge Mwahahaha.

(I main Rufus and Adon btw)

That's what I was referring to actually, more registered users. However better connection quality overall on box basically means that you're going to have a better time finding a connection in the first place. List doesn't matter since I think we all agree that XBox is the superior version overall...?

Might seem nitpicky but I figured I'd explain why. Only reason PSN is shit is because of Wi-Fi connections (which ironically is my only means of playing, being on shared internet).

Also, XBox runs a frame faster, which always makes it seem easier for me to get my 1F links out despite dropping them on the PS3 all the time.

Your one framers should not be affected by PS3 version running barely slower. At all.
Source?

Here are mine:
http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=196838
http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=231128&p=8663404&viewfull=1#post8663404
"JWonggg Answer
There is input lag timing between the 2. I personally play on xbox and the fact that PS3 lags alot affects my gameplay a bit. I miss combos I usually never miss but you’ll adjust to it sooner or later."
~http://jwonggg.com/Index.php?paged=2

Literally every tournament player I've ever spoken to (ever) has either preferred the XBox or noted that they didn't like having to adjust between the two consoles.

Me and a buddy play on PS3, and when we were playing on a 360 setup we both agreed it was easier to pull off one framers (referring to both Chun and Guile's jab-jab-jab-fierce strings).

You are incorrect sir.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)