Smogon's Top Video Games list: Stage 1 - Pool Compilation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really play many video games any more, but the one I cherish above all others is N (link included so it's not mistaken as a typo or something).

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Donkey Kong Country 2
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario RPG (How was this not nommed yet?)
Grand Theft Auto 3
Zelda - A Link to the Past
Parappa the Rappa
Contra
Toe Jam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron

Pokémon Colosseum
Metal Gear Solid 4
Pikmin 2
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Mario Kart DS

May vouch for some more if any more come up

Going through this and the other thread, I'm kind of surprised that there is no Fire Emblem series representation with all the FE fans on here. My favorite was Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, but I really enjoyed them all thoroughly.

notably missing:
Golden Sun/Golden Sun: The Lost Age (arguably to be counted as one game due to the second having identical mechanics and starting exactly where the last one ended)
Fire Emblem 7 (and probably others, but i will leave those to smogon's plentiful fire emblem aficionados)
Cave Story
Super Street Fighter II Turbo

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
Definitely needs some Fire Emblem game on here, but Radiant Dawn is arguably the worst / second worst (behind Sacred Stones). Fire Emblem 4 (Holy War) is my personal favorite, but Thracia probably has the best gameplay. If we wanted to nominate an English Fire Emblem, I would go with Fire Emblem 7 or Path of Radiance. I would assume Fire Emblem 7 would be the highest ranked English one.

I would nominate:
Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War
Fire Emblem Thracia 776
Fire Emblem Blazing Sword

Are we nominating online games as well? If so I will nominate:
Guild Wars

Finally, while I don't think too many sports games should make the list, the best one I want to nominate is:
NBA Street

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Updated. The next post to contain multiple duplicate entries will be disregarded entirely. It's seriously not hard to check the list people, and you have even less of an excuse if you're only nominating like 5 games -_-

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just going to vouch for these two

Worms 2
Worms 3D

Possibly Worms Armageddon over Worms 2, but Worms 2 was first even though Worms Armageddon is arguably the more definitive game

Everything else I'd want to add is already there, more or less

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
Katamari Damacy
SimCity
Soul Caliber 3
Tales of Symphonia
Tales of Vesperia
Tales of Graces

Actraiser
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
Breath of Fire 2
Breath of Fire 4
Castlevania
Castlevania 3
Doom
Duke Nukem 3D
God of War
Guilty Gear Accent Core
Lufia 2
Mario Party 2
Mass Effect 2
Mother
Mother 2 (Earthbound)
Mother 3
Perfect Dark (N64)
River City Ransom (NES)
Rogue
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Mega Drive)
Space Invaders
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
Wolfenstein 3D

Will post more later. Also Waterbomb you listed Chrono Trigger twice.

Edit: We Love Katamari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)