NOC Smogon Rewind Night 3

do you think scumhal interacts with nuxl the way they did?

Because between hal/former/caffbo/tbz, theres definitely a scum here. CB and TBZ are always the same alignment, hal is never scum with former and former is never scum with CB/TBZ. I'm inclined to CB/TBZ town, and my scumread of Former exists as long as hal is less scummy than him, which is the view I have now. Former's recent posts have been making me inclined to Townread him, but I'm not sure enough to place him above hal.

Mainly, his posts heavily contradict between the obvious thats already been stated, and shading caffbo with "claims dont matter" but then aggressively pushing the narrative that his claim paints him town

I actually want to delve a bit into game spec here because I'm lock town, and that should be obvious to anyone who is conscious of the revealed set up so far.

I think there's a pretty good chance the mafia also has a reloader and this game has a lot of people with 1x or 2x abilities. (I mean hell, that fits the theme of the game and the fact my reload part isn't attached to flavor like some of the flipped roles). But there's some stuff here that people should pick up on that reveals my alignment

1. I claimed this role first
2. I claimed it at all

If I'm mafia, then I want to be reloading my team as long as possible. Claiming my true role hurts my ability to do that because now I'm responsible for saying who I reloaded each night and can't reload any mafia buddies. If I was actually mafia, I would never claim this role because of that fact.

3. I claimed before a lot of these 1x and 2x's came up
Reloader is a really rare role on smogon and it's not something people just come up with. At the point I claimed the only revealed people with 1x and 2x's were Texas/Asek/CB. Basically, if I were just to make this up or post it then I'm taking a huge, meaningless risk once the claims start coming in.

Basically, reloader's have to exist in this game and town has to have at least one. I haven't been CC'd in my claim, so I am lock town.

Former is far from confirmed town, and I think there's a high chance of him being scum here.

In #1584, he first hints at his role being something that can clear multiple people, and thinks it's "lock town." Obviously, this is extremely powerful. If he truly believes that, it's weird how he tries to imply that he's a town protective role in #1377 in order to "eat a nightkill", mentioned in post #1747. Later, he backtracks and gives a completely different reason when Rad asks him the same question: because he felt like it and to see hal's reaction (#1758). Is he backtracking because he knows how little sense he makes, or because he caught his own slip? I'm assuming that Former played the entire D2 thinking that his role was extremely strong, so why would he want to bait the kill? This is a really incriminating slip.

Another thing he claims clears him is through his CB votes in #1620. This is so stupid. Caff claimed in #1379 at 12:57 AM (GMT +8). Former made not one, not two, but 18 posts before his Caff unvote at 6:17 AM, most of them painting TBZ and Caff as a scumteam. Do you really expect him to all of a sudden go "I'm going to drop my biggest scumread that I've been pushing both days because he's a one shot?" Probably not. Later continues to tunnel Caff again, guess if it was an epiphany it didn't last that long lol, then switches onto VigVig for convenience after it's picked up traction.

Then there's the question of whether reloader is a locktown role. It's likely to be town, yes, but not a lock. Dayvig + reloader is not broken. How many shots are you realistically getting off? We also have no information on the mafia's roles, so it's hard to speculate how powerful reloader is. To be honest, the mystery of the mafia's roles actually invalidates Former's argument that claiming reloader is risky. What if his scumpartners have one shots? It's nowhere near as locktown as Former wants us to think. Reloader isn't also necessary for this setup, and I don't know why he's so insistent that it has to be in the game. Yes, this game has one-shot and two-shot roles. You really think reloader is that great for Texas/Jordan?

It's also worth mentioning that Former knew he was going to get tunneled before D2 even started, which is why my initial thought during his claim was that he was trying to survive. Hal was townread by most people in the game and had no intention to getting off Former. Half of Former's posts are him screaming to the world about how he's locktown, and it's honestly quite annoying that he's simplifying his situation to "I'm reloader, there are many 1 shots, I'm conf town" when it's more complicated than at first glance.

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
is a Community Contributor
Unvote

Okay I now have no idea what to do. Vigvig seems like a decent lynch but solving hal/former seems like a good plan. The issue with solving hal/former is that if former is telling the truth, his role is pretty solid and we could do with keeping it. feck...

I’ll be available for deadline but like I said, watching you guys hmm and haww over former’s fakeclaim is honestly my personal idea of hell so I’ll try to be involved in something else at that time

Here are my reads, conditional on being right on FH

Laurel, Cameron, knights, CB are always town
UTO is always town and I really enjoy seeing his town play, hope yo

Cameron has a townread on Jordan, I can kind of see it with the timing on some of his posts.

I would blast through Eli’s nulls after this. Drookez might hit. I don’t really have a strong opinion. TBZ might be a good place to start. If former flips town he should jail me.

My moonshot guess is that scum have some kind of an investigative role or a rolecop. You don’t really need to pay attention to this particular guess of mine, I’m just putting it out in the public because it’ll be cool if I’m right.

Ok go ahead and find some way to fuck this up have fun!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)