Smogon Premier League X - Week 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Circus Maximus Tigers (6) vs Wi-fi Wolfpack (6)

SM OU: Eternal Spirit vs Kickasser
SM OU: Sacri' vs Charmflash
SM UU: Adaam vs Sjneider
SM RU: HarrisIsAwesome vs Welli0u
SM NU: Osh vs Eternally
SM DOU: MajorBowman vs Human
ORAS OU: Bro Kappa vs Santu
BW OU: dice vs TDK
DPP OU: k3nan vs DeepBlueC
ADV OU: zf vs UD
GSC OU: d0nut vs Fear
RBY OU: Kaz vs The Idiot Ninja

Team Raiders (5) vs Stark Sharks (7)

SM OU: bro fist vs Spectear
SM OU: The Hallows vs High Impulse
SM UU: Sage vs Lycans
SM RU: SPACE FORCE meeps vs Teddeh
SM NU: Hipmonlee vs EviGaro
SM DOU: Biosci vs fespy
ORAS OU: Trosko vs Tricking
BW OU: Jirachee vs Kevin Garrett
DPP OU: SoulWind vs Tamahome
ADV OU: Cynara vs Triangles
GSC OU: Mr.378 vs Conflict
RBY OU: Kingler12345 vs Sceptross

Indie Scooters (7) vs Alpha Ruiners (5)

SM OU: Cdumas vs Empo
SM OU: FMG vs Rewer
SM UU: robjr vs Pearl
SM RU: lighthouses vs passion
SM NU: Realistic Waters vs lax
SM DOU: miltankmilk vs qsns
ORAS OU: craing ;_; vs imsosorrylol
BW OU: Ojama vs Hyogafodex
DPP OU: Aeroblacktyl vs Jimmy Turtwig
ADV OU: dekzeh vs eden's embrace
GSC OU: giara vs Lavos
RBY OU: MetalGro$$ vs FriendOfMrGolem120

Ever Grande BIGS (7) vs Cryonicles (5)

SM OU: Valentine vs HT
SM OU: Sabella vs Ajna
SM UU: soulgazer vs Leru
SM RU: UltraBallz vs Arifeen
SM NU: Kushalos vs elodin
SM DOU: Ezrael vs SMB
ORAS OU: xray vs obii
BW OU: FLCL vs Energy
DPP OU: sig vs Malekith
ADV OU: Golden Sun vs Exiline
GSC OU: choolio vs ABR
RBY OU: Nails vs BHARATH_THEBEST

Eternal Spirit 45 : 55 Kickasser
Kickasser's been outstanding this SPL, Gama sadly not quite as much. Both are really strong players so should be fun to watch.

Sacri' 55 : 45 Charmflash
Might be a bit odd of a prediction, but I do have to make some unusual picks to go well in the prediction tour. Plus now that Charmflash isn't undefeated anymore this looks a lot more close because Sacri''s been pretty consistent.

ZoroDark 35 : 65 CTC
oml the based lord is playing, clear favourite lmao

Insult 40 : 60 BLUNDER SANTANA
BLUNDER SANTANA has been playing really well in SM OU, clear favourite.

bro fist 75 : 25 Spectear
Yeah bro fist is quite a bit better.

The Hallows 60 : 40 High Impule
I think The Hallows is the better player when it comes to SM.

Cdumas 55 : 45 Empo
Both players seem matched in terms of skill, I feel. Going with Cdumas because I need the points.

FMG 60 : 40 Rewer
FMG undefeated in SPL, can't even even tell him to shut anymore.

Valentine 55 : 45 HT
Don't know enough about either of these tbh.

Sabella 55 : 45 Ajna
Ajna's a good player for sure but not sure bout how familiar with OU they are. Favouring Sabella here.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey similar to this post by SparksBlade last year, I'm going to try and figure out all the possible scenarios for playoffs based on who's contending. While it is mathematically possible for the Classiest and Tigers to qualify, it's absurdly unlikely given their BD (situations involve 10-2/2-10 type scenarios along with multiple teams losing), so I'm only going to include 5 teams in this post.

Dragonspiral Tyrants:
Guaranteed in regardless of week result

Alpha Ruiners:
Guaranteed in regardless of week result

Wifi Wolfpack:
Win or Tie: Guaranteed in
Loss: If the BIGs lose or tie, they're in. If the BIGs win, then the difference between Wolfpack margin of loss and the BIGs margin of victory cannot exceed 10, otherwise the BIGs take over their spot in playoffs. If this happens, AND the Scooters lose by a margin that is within 2 of the Wolfpack's loss, then they can still get in via BD or tiebreak, otherwise they're out.

Indie Scooters:
Win or Tie: Guaranteed in
Loss: If the BIGs lose or tie, they're in. If the BIGs win, then the difference between the Scooters margin of loss and the BIGs margin of victory cannot exceed 8, otherwise the BIGs take over their spot in playoffs. If this happens, AND the Wolfpack lose by a margin that is 2 or more than the Scooter's loss, then they can still get in via BD or tiebreak, otherwise they're out.

Ever Grande BIGs:
Win: If they win, then either the Scooters or Wolfpack have to lose by a margin where the difference between their loss and the BIGs victory exceeds 8 and 10, respectively.
Tie or Loss: Guaranteed Out
tldr: It's more than likely that the top 4 teams remain the same following this week, but if the BIGs can pull off a huge win as one of the Scooters or Wolfpack get crushed, then it's definitely possible that they get into the playoffs over one of them.

Last edited:

Windsong

stumbling down elysian fields
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
hey, I was just informed that I forgot to shoutout the ru/rby GOAT Kingler12345 in my activity post last week; it was great to work on some RU builds with you earlier this season, and I'm really glad you got the chance to get some games in this year btw play rupl

pls forgive me raiders

#removePak'sActivityLossFromHisOverallRecord

I agree with the notion that CTC's been sitting on the bench waiting like nothing, and that we should all here from him. Because he's such an excellent and fun tourney and ladder player. But if you really truly must know, Peachy is one of the greatest and should get more respect! I also belief in this as a fact of Windsong, so know he/she should get more respect as well!
-Deschutes

Last edited:
BIGS subbing in MAGMA Googly over our boy choolio

ABR teal6 august
Hikari Ark

also Deschutes I think that's the friendliest thing anyone on this site has ever said to me, ty :')
Thank you so much for saying that, I used to play you a lot back on PO back when I restarted because we were so high on the early BW ladder and we were so good at making teams and topping the early BW ladder, and I used to love playing you so much that I used to hide under new ladder names and claim to be a new player when playing you because you were so good and so pleasurable to play, so know I have love for your very high ultimate skill and truly believe in you as a hero of pokemon, whom should battle me more because you are so highly good at the art of pokemon battling! :D :) You're truly a formational hero of mine when it comes to artful building of teams and battling skill and ladder battling, competition battling, and battle battling art! :) So, know that you're a very influential spirit of the entire art of pokemon!

-Deschutes (Alex Amaterasu) *[C.N.tower.exe] on PO! (which I mention because it's such a powerful and beautiful name of mine of playing high on PO and, which formatted my skill later!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)