SMOGON KARAOKE 2012 ROUND 8: DUDE SINGS LIKE A LADY

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
Congratulations to NixHex and Huy, whose combined villainy gained the most votes. On to the next round.

GENDER BENDING

In this round, participants will sing a song originally performed by someone of the opposite gender. Girls will be singing songs by dudes, and vice versa. While it's not necessary to sing in the same octave as the original song, it could be funnier if you do.

Karaoke rules:
  • You have nine days to submit your entry. Since this round begins on May 27, you have until 11:59 pm of June 6th to submit your entry, at which point voting will begin. Voting will last three days, at which point a new round will begin.
  • You are permitted to reserve a song for three days. If the three days come and pass and you still haven't posted your entry, the song becomes fair game and you will not be permitted to reserve another song until the next round.
  • You are allowed to submit entries after the deadline for any particular round, but keep in mind that once people vote in the poll they can't change their votes. Also keep in mind that to change a poll, we need an smod, so there is no guarantee that your late entry will be posted to the poll in a timely manner, if at all.
  • Songs that you submitted in previous rounds cannot be used again. Songs that were previously sung by other people in other rounds are acceptable, but totally lame and we will make you sit with the nerdy kids at lunch if you do it.
  • This is a karaoke contest, not an open mic contest, so please refrain from playing instruments on your tracks. Professional-style editing is also discouraged.

Here are some sites that will work for uploading your entries:

http://soundcloud.com/
http://tindeck.com/

Also, this is a rather nifty program for recording your entries!

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
reserving a song by two ladies, nicki minaj ft rihanna, fly

EDIT: unreserving until i can fix my mic

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
[youtube]3YcNzHOBmk8[/youtube]
I've been wanting to cover this for years.

[edit]
In case you can't see the link because of your browser or whatever, its Kiss Me by Sixpence None The Richer.

I can't see what mattj reserved (stupid phone), so I'm just going to hope he didn't reserve this:

Reserving: Mean by T-Swift

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
just realized I should have done something cool like, Just a Girl by No Doubt or something. Maybe for a bonus track...

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Katy Perry - Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F)
[Much to my gf's dismay, I won't be remaking the music video.]

May 27th said:
You have nine days to submit your entry. Since this round begins on May 13, you have until 11:59 pm of May 23rd to submit your entry, at which point voting will begin. Voting will last three days, at which point a new round will begin.
Wut?

And tentatively reserving Nightwish - Eva. Not singing in the original octave though, because impossibru.

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
Wut?

And tentatively reserving Nightwish - Eva. Not singing in the original octave though, because impossibru.
Good catch, I kind of rushed in posting this in the 5 minutes of computer time I had before work on Sunday. OP has been edited accordingly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)