Smog Awards 2017: Results

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Can't complain about second for Discord Presence. Whether it's a meme or not is another question.

Regardless, thanks to those that voted for me and grats to the winner pluviomet-

I mean p2.

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
I also wanted to take a quick minute to say that I was very happy with the slate for best GP member this year--last year it was literally just P Squared and me, which admittedly was kinda interesting in its own way, but it's much better to see three very good and very deserving names alongside ours (and know that there's a bunch more that wouldn't have been out of place there either). Glad to see the new people managed to stand out too, any of the five of us would have been a good winner.

Grats to tdp winning member of the year again, keep it up mini-me
First time actually, teal was the one who got it last year. Honestly pretty puzzled why I'm winning it this time while I feel I have been a lot weaker this year, but I appreciate everyone's appreciation, haha, and I'll try to continue not disappointing.

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Wanted to thank reyscarface for being great with Smogcasts (and power rankings) even if I hate his stupid Discord avatar, and Dream (and others) for helping me fulfill my... dream... of more consistent tournament news. Also vzxt should have been a nominee wtf.

eseque qdb winning Best Quote is the biggest disappointment of 2018

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Im not gonna do a sappy post over winning best Cong poster (esp. considering it’s probably at least in part ‘cuz I have a large site presence beyond just soc forums), but I’d just like to acknowledge two Cong posters who I think really stand out among the bunch and were, in my opinion, probably robbed of this award. I refrained from posting in the voting stage and because I didn’t really feel like it was the place to do so, but now that the results are out it feels fitting—although looking over what I’ve written I don’t really explain them very well lol.

Blazade, who came second, always makes thoughtful and engaging posts in the forum; he has a solid understanding of the core ideas behind good discussion (respect for the other party, what fallacies to avoid, and even basic shit like how to format a post) and his opinions are usually both good and well informed, and as such I both enjoy reading his posts and feel that he provides valuable input to most topics that he contributes to. He provides a slightly more leftwardly-inclined neutral standpoint to discussion than I do (and trust me when I say that not being partisan is so important, especially given the current political climate being as bad as it is) and as such seeing his posts just generally provides a nice break in discussion that makes reading over the serious/moderately serious threads that little bit more tolerable for me.

McGrrr, who wasn’t nominated, is less active than Blazade—only really picking up in activity late in 2017—but based on his handful of posts I can tell that he a) knows his stuff and b) is a good poster. There’s something about his use of language and his posting style that just appeals to me fsr, and the content within them is always good on the whole. It’s a shame that he wasn’t nominated TBH (granted that me not nomming anyone for anything (iirc) didn’t exactly help this lol) although I could kinda get it on activity grounds if v hadn’t been nommed for best firebotter. Not really much else to say here other than that if you see that monkey avatar it’s probably worth giving the post a read.

Wanted to thank reyscarface for being great with Smogcasts (and power rankings) even if I hate his stupid Discord avatar, and Dream (and others) for helping me fulfill my... dream... of more consistent tournament news. Also vzxt should have been a nominee wtf.

eseque qdb winning Best Quote is the biggest disappointment of 2018
If you don't already know the source of reyscarface's discord avatar, don't try to find it. It's not worth it.

Also, congrats Tokyo Tomothy on winning best RMT. Definitely the RMT most deserving.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
I'm shocked that I was even nominated at all and even more shocked that people think that I'm meaner than Gary, so thanks I guess, though that's not really a victory in any sense of the word.

It's also pretty cool, I guess, that I ended up not being last place for most sarcastic; that category seems like a fun one, and I hope it appears again.

Also 1v1 is NOT the best OM, please get your eyes checked @ everyone who apparently has vision issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)