Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
like my post if you think that mlg magearna should be banned. I cant dislike on here so I don't think it should be banned lol. idek
This is the simple question, simple answer thread, there's probably a better place for discussion like this (the SM metagame discussion, for example)

ill post it on there sorry xD I'm just starting to use this even though I joined 2 months ago so I'm trying to find other threads. is there any other threads you would suggest?

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
ill post it on there sorry xD I'm just starting to use this even though I joined 2 months ago so I'm trying to find other threads. is there any other threads you would suggest?
The metagame discussion thread is not a place for this sort of talk either. If you have concerns regarding a Pokemon's impact on the metagame, I would PM a council member about it.

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Right i havent been playing for the last few months and wanted an update on the meta i stopped playing around about the time mega metagross was banned from ou
Really brief and birds eye overview - baton pass got the boot for being an noninteractive strategy that was hurting the competitive scene, a few random new megas were released including mega manectric and mega ttar, mega swampert got released leading to rain spam for a bit that's starting to die down just a little bit into some brand new semi rain teams with specs pelipper, lando-t is still the king of OU, and Magearna and choice band zygarde have spiked in usage leading to mons like AV tangrowth also becoming more common

Edit: I can't remember if this was before or after the metagross ban but sticky webs teams were very popular for a bit and are still floating around

Last edited:
Really brief and birds eye overview - baton pass got the boot for being an noninteractive strategy that was hurting the competitive scene, a few random new megas were released including mega manectric and mega ttar, mega swampert got released leading to rain spam for a bit that's starting to die down just a little bit into some brand new semi rain teams with specs pelipper, lando-t is still the king of OU, and Magearna and choice band zygarde have spiked in usage leading to mons like AV tangrowth also becoming more common

Edit: I can't remember if this was before or after the metagross ban but sticky webs teams were very popular for a bit and are still floating around
ok thanks man gotta admit pretty happy about the baton pass ban

Why don't we just use the metagame discussion thread to talk about mons that should be suspected like the lower tiers do? I pm'd both TDK and blunder to ask them about a pokemon that i felt was suspect worthy, but neither of them responded.

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Why don't we just use the metagame discussion thread to talk about mons that should be suspected like the lower tiers do? I pm'd both TDK and blunder to ask them about a pokemon that i felt was suspect worthy, but neither of them responded.
Because it usually leads to a lot of unhealthy discussion, theorymonning and biased arguments which just derails the thread from its original purpose

@below: nowhere

Last edited:
I don't know whether this is the right place to ask this, but why is Mega Abomasnow still listed as Limbo in the smogon dex, when the other mega stones that got released with abomasite are allowed according to the dex?

(I know that it's already usable on showdown, but I got confused by the dex page and wanted to ask)

I don't play singles but just wanna know the site's stance on this: Is an unreleased move on Smeargle legal for competition? Like Spectral Thief for example.

I don't know whether this is the right place to ask this, but why is Mega Abomasnow still listed as Limbo in the smogon dex, when the other mega stones that got released with abomasite are allowed according to the dex?

(I know that it's already usable on showdown, but I got confused by the dex page and wanted to ask)
It likely hasn't updated, you can request to have it changed on the small and objective changes thread

I don't play singles but just wanna know the site's stance on this: Is an unreleased move on Smeargle legal for competition? Like Spectral Thief for example.
If you can't get it in-game, then its not legal on Pokemon Showdown. Since marshadow hasn't been released, there isn't a way for Smeargle to Sketch Spectral Thief, so until it is released its illegal

I'm very bad at battling (never once broke 1500 ELO), though I obsess over the meta. Does anyone have any recommendations of good youtubers to watch so I can hear their thought process throughout the match?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)