Pokémon Silvally

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a couple questions. I mentioned on the Celesteela thread that bascilay, Type:Null/Silvalley's stats and that of the Ultra Beasts fit the former's role, a pokemon designed to adapt and defeat the Ultra Beasts. With that said. I was wondering if anyone can test how SIlvally fares aganst the UBs in one on one fights?

I have a couple questions. I mentioned on the Celesteela thread that bascilay, Type:Null/Silvalley's stats and that of the Ultra Beasts fit the former's role, a pokemon designed to adapt and defeat the Ultra Beasts. With that said. I was wondering if anyone can test how SIlvally fares aganst the UBs in one on one fights?
Considering how powerful they are, and how Silvally's movepool is bad, he might just fall flat to them. I guess Fairy Silvally can get past Guzzlord, at the very least.

With how many people are examining them, by now someone would have found the set that checks the UBs if there was one. Maybe in Pokémon Eclipse, hopefully.

Many of them have 4x weaknesses aside from only 1, so I think the idea is that he can change type before confronting one and then OHKO it

Just made this aberration:

Manticore (Silvally-Flying) @ Flying Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Flamethrower

Ok, it was originally made to be a paraflincher, or something like that. It's also very good to kill both Landorus forms, I'm just really trying to make a good set with the Memories, not sure if it is good or not, would love some rating tho.

Some replays with this thing:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-484670880

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-484675268
That works nicely with A-Marowak, huh.

Really disappointed with this Pokemon and how it has been performing. I was more excited about this Pokemon upon its reveal than any other in this gen, and to see it fall so short in OU is really disappointing. Silvally would really love E-Speed (but then again any 'mon would), but I guess that would make it way too similar to Arceus, as it seems they tried to avoid that. Will be decent in UU or RU at the least.

I just noticed something while playing that might be worth mentioning. In the game, Silvally's icon sprite does NOT change color, unlike Arceus, to match the type of the memory it is holding. Taking this into consideration, it means that the simulator should always use Silvally's regular sprite in the Team preview (Normal type). This, at least, could make Silvally less predictable.

Last edited:
Considering how powerful they are, and how Silvally's movepool is bad, he might just fall flat to them. I guess Fairy Silvally can get past Guzzlord, at the very least.
Silvally would actually 1v1 every single Ultra Beast with either of the memory
Like its basically like this

Pheromosa - 95/95 is not getting one shot by non SE anytime soon
252 SpA Life Orb Pheromosa Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Silvally: 138-164 (35 - 41.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Pheromosa High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Silvally: 117-138 (29.6 - 35%) -- 15.1% chance to 3HKO

Buzzwhole - Flyvally LOL. Also
252+ Atk Choice Band Buzzwole Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Silvally: 308-364 (78.1 - 92.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Guzlord - Fairylly LOL
0 Atk Guzzlord Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Silvally: 144-170 (36.5 - 43.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Nihilego - Steelvally LOL

Kartana - Firevally LOL
252+ Atk Choice Band Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Silvally: 170-200 (43.1 - 50.7%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO

Celesteela - This one depends on Celesteela EV Spread, but generally speaking Celesteela probably won
252+ Atk Choice Band Celesteela Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Silvally: 248-292 (62.9 - 74.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Silvally Multi-Attack vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Celesteela: 182-216 (45.7 - 54.2%) -- 48% chance to 2HKO
0 SpA Silvally Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Celesteela: 146-174 (36.6 - 43.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Xurkitree - Funny enough this one had a chance to beat Sil
252+ SpA Choice Specs Xurkitree Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Silvally: 280-330 (71 - 83.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Silvally Multi-Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Xurkitree: 246-290 (80.1 - 94.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So thats 5/7 out of the UB, thats good enough

Point is 95/95 isn't a mediocre defensive stats and Silvally's movepool is actually godly for what it is

252+ Atk Choice Band Pheromosa High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Silvally: 271-319 (68.7 - 80.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Pheromosa High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 207-244 (61.9 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Just made this aberration:

Manticore (Silvally-Flying) @ Flying Memory
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Flamethrower

Ok, it was originally made to be a paraflincher, or something like that. It's also very good to kill both Landorus forms, I'm just really trying to make a good set with the Memories, not sure if it is good or not, would love some rating tho.

Some replays with this thing:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-484670880

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-484675268
If you're not using Multi-Attack, you might as well throw Flyinium Z on it in case you want to use that.

JSND, you're wrong about Celesteela and Xurkitree, it can easily beat those with the right sets:

Jolly 252 Attack / 252 Speed Ground Silvally vs Xurkitree:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Xurkitree Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Silvally (Ground): 280-330 (84.5 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Silvally (Ground) Multi-Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Xurkitree: 314-372 (102.2 - 121.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

There's no need for HP investment, Silvally's bulk is enough to survive HP Ice already. Wouldn't even be relevant anyway, since Jolly Silvally-Ground outspeeds Timid Xurkitree and OHKOs.

Adamant 184 HP / 252 Attack / 72 Speed Electric Silvally vs. Celesteela:
252+ Atk Choice Band Celesteela Earthquake vs. 184 HP / 0 Def Silvally (Electric): 316-372 (83.8 - 98.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Celesteela Earthquake vs. 184 HP / 0 Def Silvally (Electric): 152-180 (40.3 - 47.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252+ Atk Silvally (Electric) Multi-Attack vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Celesteela: 368-434 (92.4 - 109%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

Click Swords Dance, click Multi-Attack. Either Celesteela uses all of its EVs for defenses for a 50/50 chance to survive while losing the ability to 2HKO Silvally-Electric, or Celesteela gets OHKO'd. 72 Speed ensures Celesteela can't outspeed.

So it does beat 7/7 UBs.

Edit: Also, a simple way it could beat Pheremosa without taking any damage: Jolly Silvally-Normal with a scarf and Air Slash. Faster than 252+ Pheromosa, and Air Slash easily OHKOs even with 0- SpA.

For something a bit more competitively relevant, minor update to my Silvally-Normal set:

Silvally @ Normalium Z
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Crunch / Iron Head
- Flame Charge
- Swords Dance

Iron Head helps it somewhat with its Rock/Mega Sableye problem. Flinches can give Silvally a chance to beat Terrakion and Mega Sableye provided it gets a turn to set up, though it does weaken it against Aegislash and makes Marowak-Alola a huge problem for it. I'd recommend bringing a Pursuit Bisharp if you're using Iron Head so you can just trap and remove those ghosts.

Last edited:
JSND, you're wrong about Celesteela and Xurkitree, it can easily beat those with the right sets:

Jolly 252 Attack / 252 Speed Ground Silvally vs Xurkitree:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Xurkitree Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Silvally (Ground): 280-330 (84.5 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Silvally (Ground) Multi-Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Xurkitree: 314-372 (102.2 - 121.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

There's no need for HP investment, Silvally's bulk is enough to survive HP Ice already. Wouldn't even be relevant anyway, since Jolly Silvally-Ground outspeeds Timid Xurkitree and OHKOs.

Adamant 184 HP / 252 Attack / 72 Speed Electric Silvally vs. Celesteela:
252+ Atk Choice Band Celesteela Earthquake vs. 184 HP / 0 Def Silvally (Electric): 316-372 (83.8 - 98.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Celesteela Earthquake vs. 184 HP / 0 Def Silvally (Electric): 152-180 (40.3 - 47.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252+ Atk Silvally (Electric) Multi-Attack vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Celesteela: 368-434 (92.4 - 109%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

Click Swords Dance, click Multi-Attack. Either Celesteela uses all of its EVs for defenses for a 50/50 chance to survive while losing the ability to 2HKO Silvally-Electric, or Celesteela gets OHKO'd. 72 Speed ensures Celesteela can't outspeed.

So it does beat 7/7 UBs.
Good point. I admit i'm kinda lazy when I did the calcs lol

The main point is really they manage to potray the "anti UB" really well by making UB having blatant weakness, while Silvally can literally do anything

I've been having success with a support set for Silvally.

Silvally @ Darkinium Z
Timid Nature
- Parting Shot
- Flamethrower
- Thunder Wave
- Draco Meteor

Thunder wave is for speed control against certain threats you may see on your opponents team, although I try not to rely on it too much in gen 7 now that it's 90% accuracy. The attacking sets are for coverage but Silvally is rarely ever going to be attacking. Flamethrower helps it out against steel types, however, and can be a useful surprise to take out weakened Celesteela. Draco Meteor is just there because of its strong power, but with its accuracy and no STAB I should switch it out for Explosion. I don't use it often. The real reason for this Silvally set though is Z-parting Shot. It is very helpful late game and even if you don't want to use the Z version early game the regular attack still has a lot of utility by making it easier for a set up sweeper or glass canon to come in.

The amazing thing about Z-parting shot is that it even heals status in addition to giving your switch-in health. This gives physical attackers that were burned a whole new life or sweepers that were put on a timer by toxic a second chance. It's invaluable late game. I run max speed to make sure I get it off against certain Pokemon since 95/95/95 defenses, while not bad at all, are not the best either. Maybe I underestimate them though and a bulkier build would be better. For a Pokemon meant to be support I realize my EV spread is geared towards a more offensive variant but I went with this to make sure he's not dead weight outside of just Parting Shot and the aforementioned doubt in his bulk.

He's been working out great in my Pokebank OU team so far. I only have one replay saved right now since I didn't think about posting this here until this morning, but I should be laddering tonight or tomorrow so I can get some more later if people want. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-485125723

Silvally really interests me because it's entirely unclear how it's going to play out. It's certainly no Arceus due to the lack of priority, support and reliable recovery. Only having base 95 across the board leaves it without any single strong stat to exploit, and not having the plate boost severely hampers its non-normal formes. On the other hand it has a sufficiently broad movepool to be completely unpredictable, as evidenced by the sets that have appeared here so far. I tend to think it probably won't have much place in OU, or at least not enough to rise to OU by usage, but Silvally's normal forme looks like it has everything it needs to be UU.

It'll be interesting to see how the various formes will permeate throughout the tiers. I think the harsh limitation of losing your item slot will prevent most formes form being UU by usage even if a few are viable there. RU will probably snap up a couple of the better type formes, but again I think any individual forme will struggle to hit the 3.41 threshold. It'll be NU where most Silvally formes get to shine. Base 95 across the board is actually quite serciveable even without an item slot, but I'm sure a lot of types will fall through the cracks into PU.

Anyways, some thoughts on the individual formes:

Ordered from roughly the most promising to the least

Fighting/Ground
Silvally's movepool is missing two notable types: Fighting, and Ground. With Shadow Claw and Rock Slide to give solid neutral coverage with their Multiattack STAB, Silvally can hit opponents in a way they might not expect. This can be particularly good for a wincon, since an opponent doesn't know which checks to keep healthy for Silvally. That said, the loss of an item really does hurt.

Dark
This thing looks like a terrifying Pursuit trapper, not because it's better than other such trappers but because it's not given away at team preview. By the time you know it's Silvally-Dark, it's too late and you're already trapped. However, Silvally will struggle due to lacking Sucker Punch to put faster threats into a 50/50, and it will face steep competition from other trappers in higher tiers.

Electric
Bulky Electric-types are hard to come by, and Silvally has a balance of stats that no other mono-electric type outside of OU comes close to. Access to boltbeam coverage is particularly great, and makes this one of the more appealing choices for a special attacker Silvally.

Dragon/Flying/Rock/Fairy
All these typings are kinda cool, but they suffer the same problem: Silvally's only coverage for Steel-types is Flamethrower. Any steel-type with decent special bulk will shrug off a non-STAB itemless Flamethrower without trouble. I suspect these typings will struggle in UU and RU for this reason.

Steel/Water/Ghost
Kinda cool defensive typings, but the lack of recovery, status, and support options hurts them compared to other defensive options with the same typing. Offensively these typings don't really add much over Silvally's existing coverage anyways. Ghost is particularly problematic since one of Silvally's nice points is absorbing Knock Offs with its unremovable item, which Silvally-Ghost can't do for obvious reasons.

Fire/Grass/Poison
I don't see what Silvally does with these types that it can't do better with other types. They just look outclassed by better options, and with so many other Silvally typings looking more promising I highly suspect they'll fall to PU.

Ice/Bug/Psychic
No. Just no.

It'll make a note on my calendar to re-read this in December next year and see how close to reality that was. You never know what kind of crazy sets will pop up, or how something will fit into a meta in a way you never expected.

Pretty good summary of the Silvallys Darvin, though one thing to note is Silvallys that have trouble with Steel-types can pretty easily get around them with Parting Shot / U-Turn plus a Magnet Pull / Arena Trap teammate. Lower tiers will still have Magneton, Alolan Golem, Probopass, Trapinch and possibly Alolan Graveler / Geodude, and if the stars align for them Diglett, Nosepass, Magnemite could find the right conditions to be useful in the bottom tiers. Edit: Had a big thing about Magnet Pull Geodude wrecking PU Steel-types to show that Silvally could easily depend on steel-trapping throughout SM tiers, then realized I used Galvanize calcs. Whoops. Need to recalculate that.

Edit 2: New Geodude calcs
252+ Atk Geodude-Alola Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Bastiodon: 220-260 (67.9 - 80.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Geodude-Alola Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Bronzor: 75-88 (23.5 - 27.6%) -- 76.4% chance to 4HKO
252+ Atk Geodude-Alola Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mawile: 198-234 (82.1 - 97%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Geodude-Alola Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Metang: 116-138 (35.8 - 42.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Geodude-Alola Brick Break vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Pawniard: 232-276 (100.4 - 119.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Geodude-Alola Earthquake vs. 172 HP / 0 Def Probopass: 252-300 (82.8 - 98.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
24 SpA Geodude-Alola Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Wormadam-Trash: 144-172 (44.4 - 53%) -- 82.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Mawile Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Geodude-Alola: 164-194 (74.2 - 87.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Pawniard Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Geodude-Alola: 189-223 (85.5 - 100.9%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
0 Atk Wormadam-Trash Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Geodude-Alola: 64-76 (28.9 - 34.3%) -- 3.1% chance to 3HKO
0 SpA Wormadam-Trash Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Geodude-Alola: 174-205 (78.7 - 92.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Not too impressive when you can't use Galvanize Explosion (shame, it OHKO'd every PU Steel-type), but still theoretically could work against PU level Steels. The set here is Scarf / Naughty / 252 Attack / 24 SpA / 232 Spe so that it outspeeds 252 Adamant Mawile, and also guarantees Probopass can't outspeed so no chance of any surprise fast Earth Powers / Volt Switches. Edit3: Slight issue in that I missed 252 Pawniard outspeeds Geodude, which means if its at +2 it OHKOs with Iron Head, so Geodude would need Jolly if you wanted it for Pawniard removal. Also forgot Klang which also beats it. It unfortunately doesn't do much against Metang or Bronzor beyond softening them up a bit, EQ Bastiodon beats it 1v1 even though it takes a lot of damage, and Wormadam bodies it with Giga Drain. Still, it kinda illustrates my point that some form of Steel-trapping support is something Silvally will always have access to.

Psychic Silvally I think might be able to find a niche in bottom tiers as it's fairly fast and has one of the strongest physical Psychic attacks around which can be boosted with Swords Dance (which probably would've been pretty decent in ORAS PU, considering Machoke's, Monferno's and Muk's dominance there over various periods) and still has Parting Shot / U-Turn to easily escape and punish Dark-types.

Bug / Ice though... The best it could hope for I think of would be Thunder Wave + Parting Shot, and then something like BoltBeam for Ice, U-Turn + Flamethrower / Explosion for Bug. Then team them with a strong setup sweeper that likes facing whatever Bug/Ice Silvally attract, bait the target and paralyze it, then parting shot the -1/-1 mon to the teammate. Might not be good, but could maybe be enough for them to make SM PU C-D ranks or something.

Last edited:
Silvally @ Fairy Memory
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SpDef/252 Speed
Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Ice Fang

This thing is basically a mini-Mew without recovery. I think the lack of recovery will not allow it to be OU, because the stats, possible typing and movepool are very good.

Why not go AoA and abuse the best offensive 4-move combo to hit as hard as possible to the most types as possible? Fairy is a great typing and Earthquake nails most Steel and Poison evil fairy killers.

Pretty good summary of the Silvallys Darvin, though one thing to note is Silvallys that have trouble with Steel-types can pretty easily get around them with Parting Shot / U-Turn plus a Magnet Pull / Arena Trap teammate. Lower tiers will still have Magneton, Alolan Golem, Probopass, Trapinch and possibly Alolan Graveler / Geodude
Very true. I've been playing around with Groundium-Z Dugtrio so I can definitely see weaker trappers causing havoc in lower tiers with similar tactics. Z-moves make trapping even more dangerous this generation since you can basically get a single attack that's more powerful than a choice band, then afterwards not be choice-locked.

Psychic Silvally I think might be able to find a niche in bottom tiers as it's fairly fast and has one of the strongest physical Psychic attacks around which can be boosted with Swords Dance (which probably would've been pretty decent in ORAS PU, considering Machoke's, Monferno's and Muk's dominance there over various periods) and still has Parting Shot / U-Turn to easily escape and punish Dark-types.
Good point; I can see Psychic Silvally having a niche in PU. In NU, though, Mesprit pretty heavily outclasses it as a psychic-type that has the potential to go mixed. Silvally is a bit faster and can do cool stuff with parting shot, but I think psychic is probably a poor typing choice for a pivot set.

Bug / Ice though... The best it could hope for I think of would be Thunder Wave + Parting Shot, and then something like BoltBeam for Ice, U-Turn + Flamethrower / Explosion for Bug.
There are already a lot of ice-types that fall into PU. Heck, there's even Rotom-F for boltbeam coverage. Its inability to run an item is a pretty serious flaw, and that terrible defensive typing mitigates one of its big pros in the lower tiers: great 95/95/95 bulk. As for Silvally-Bug, the damage boost of STAB on U-Turn is probably not worth being Rocks weak.

Silvally @ Fairy Memory
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SpDef/252 Speed
Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Ice Fang
Sadly, Silvally doesn't get Earthquake.

There are already a lot of ice-types that fall into PU. Heck, there's even Rotom-F for boltbeam coverage. Its inability to run an item is a pretty serious flaw, and that terrible defensive typing mitigates one of its big pros in the lower tiers: great 95/95/95 bulk. As for Silvally-Bug, the damage boost of STAB on U-Turn is probably not worth being Rocks weak.
That's exactly why I stated the only thing that could make sense is T-Wave + Parting Shot since that's pretty much the only thing Silvally-Ice/Bug can do that isn't done by better by another Ice/Bug-type. Heck, I think Beedrill would give Silvally-Bug competition, since Beedrill gets Toxic Spikes, can absorb Toxic Spikes, gets a second STAB + Knock Off + Ground coverage and can hold an item. No illusions about them being good, just that T-Wave + Parting Shot is something it can do that others of their types can't, though heavily meta dependent to be remotely viable even in bottom tiers.

Mr. SU

formerly Mr. ShinyUmbreon
I wish Silvally had a better physical movepool, especially since his signature move is physical. But I think some people are dismissing it too quickly. I think his biggest niche is going to be Parting shot, which is already a decent move in of itself, being able to lower your opponent's attack stats then switching into a set-up sweeper or a wall is huge, but now take into consideration Z parting shot, which fully heals the pokemon you're switching into.

"Shou Tucker" @ Darkium Z
Ability : RKS System
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 Hp
Jolly Nature
Crunch
Parting Shot
Iron Head
Multi Attack (can substitute for Double Edge)

This is the set I'm using for my Silvally in game, it's really good at getting momentum and making it so almost any team member can switch in safely. Probably not going to be an OU threat like we all hoped for, but I think it's going to be a really solid UU pokemon, potentially BL.

Pretty good summary of the Silvallys Darvin, though one thing to note is Silvallys that have trouble with Steel-types can pretty easily get around them with Parting Shot / U-Turn plus a Magnet Pull / Arena Trap teammate..
Had the idea to pair up Silvally with Decidueye for a decent amount of flow. Consider it a "Turning point comp"

Silvally comes out, then when things get a little strange or you get the ideal pokemon they swap into, parting shot/U-turn to Decidueye. Toss a Spirit Shackle and go to town.

It's not fool proof but its the best duo I could think of for Silvally.

I'm still convinced this thing can be used in OU/UU solely because of Parting Shot abuse. (Hopefully it gets a mega while they're at it one day)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)