Post new creative movesets/EV spreads here:

Status
Not open for further replies.

i entirely agree with this. forretress/swampert can cope with a 4x weakness, but only because they dont have 50 other weaknesses. its just that i have this guy available, and was thinking a novelty defensive set could be possible, especially if both people were using weird/shiny pokes. of course it is helped by the element of surprise i guess.

so mainly what i'm after if some suggestions for movesets, even though it might not be the most useful thing.
In that case, I'd go with Ice for coverage, imo.

Grats on the shiny btw.

Attacking drifblim

Drifblim @ Chesto/lum berry
Modest
-Calm Mind
-Rest
-Shadow Ball
-HP fight

What you do is calm mind until you should rest which activates the chesto/lum as well as unburden. Since your speed doubles with unburden, with 228 speed EVs you're faster than deoxys speed (I hope I calculated it right) although you can certainly lower it to put more in SpD. Set seems kind of gimicky and I would like other ppl's input if it'll actually work (I'm still a noob =P)

You can also get rid of the berry by coming in on a status with lum berry. Make sure they don't have a phazer or you got rid of it for obvious reasons.

I just had an idea for Bibarel. Since he has Simple, he can Swords Dance once and have the effect of two, plus Life Orb. And I gave him EV's so he can handle some recoil. But still, I'm completely new to this, so it probably sucks anyway.

Bibarel [Life Orb]
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Simple
216 HP (29 HP IV [Min Life Orb Recoil, I believe]), 252 Atk, 40 Def
~ Swords Dance
~ Waterfall / Aqua Tail
~ Quick Attack
~ Superpower / Focus Punch

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I just had an idea for Bibarel. Since he has Simple, he can Swords Dance once and have the effect of two, plus Life Orb. And I gave him EV's so he can handle some recoil. But still, I'm completely new to this, so it probably sucks anyway.

Bibarel [Life Orb]
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Simple
216 HP (29 HP IV [Min Life Orb Recoil, I believe]), 252 Atk, 40 Def
~ Swords Dance
~ Waterfall / Aqua Tail
~ Quick Attack
~ Superpower / Focus Punch
That'd be nice, but Bibarel doesn't learn Swords Dance.

Doublestatus Blissey
Blissey@Leftovers
Bold
Ev's 252 HP /252 Sdef / 6 Def
~Thunder Wave
~Toxic
~Wish/Softboiled
~Protect/Flamethrower/HP Ground

This might work pretty well. Flamethrower is good on Steeltypes that is immunity to Poison, but HP Ground is better on Heatran and Magnezone.
Protect works fine with Wish.
Thiis can annoy outha heck off you opponent.

I've been thinking on a deoxys lead that would mainly be the standard set, but instead of the 4th attack, having Taunt, stopping Bronzong and similar leads. I'm not very good with EVs yet, so here's where I am so far:

Deoxys-E
Life Orb
Mild/Hasty (Does it really need the extra speed?)
EVs 160 Atk / 252 SpA / 96 Spe (just copied from standard set, feel free to change)
~Psychic
~Superpower
~Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball
~Taunt

It's still in the very early stages, so please help me out.

All of those ATK EVs aren't that necessary are they?

no they aren't necessary.

To be honest, you don't really need Superpower to deal with common leads, so I would ditch that.

I wouldn't lead with it in the first place, as Bronzong rapes it in the butt.

I've been thinking on a deoxys lead that would mainly be the standard set, but instead of the 4th attack, having Taunt, stopping Bronzong and similar leads. I'm not very good with EVs yet, so here's where I am so far:

Deoxys-E
Life Orb
EVs 160 Atk / 252 SpA / 96 Spe (just copied from standard set, feel free to change)
~Psychic
~Superpower
~Taunt

No and Bronzong would probably just Gyro Ball..unless of course predict a switch and use Stealth Rock/Trick Room.

How does Bronzong beat Deo-E? Deoxys could just taunt.
Unless I'm mistaken and Gyro Ball is a 1HKO.

Edit: I ran a damage calc:

-speed/0Spe/152Atk Bronzong using Gyro Ball against Neutral/0spe/0Def Deo-E:
78.84% - 92.95%
Even at 0 Speed, Bronzong's Gyro ball is still 150 BP. However, it still fails to 1HKO.

BUT, Deoxys is effectively nullified because SR will kill it if it switches out. I'm not sure if Deoxys could 2HKO bronzong, however.

My point is that a lot of lead Bronzong try to set up with SR, TR, or some weather. I'm saying that Deoxys can live a hit to Tuant. And if you predict wrong, your Deoxys isn't dead yet.

If I have a bronzong against a Deoxys-S( or anything that usually carries taunt), I sure as hell am not going to use Stealth Rock or Trick Room or Sunny Day or Rain Dance. I'd Gyro Ball first turn, and then they're as good as dead.

hi guys, i'd really appreciate some help for a defensive tyranitar. motivated by a shiny impish larvitar i found while chaining adamant ones. this is what i have at the moment:

Shiny Tyranitar

Shiny Tyranitar #4
Impish / Sandstream / Male
IVs: 26 / 23 / 31 / 2 / 21 / 27
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Sp Def
Moves: Stealth Rock, Roar, Crunch, Rest

basically, its hp/def/spdef at level 100 are 399/350/340 (with sandstorm factored in). just seems like way too good stats to pass up the tanking possibility.

another suggestion (from gengarmaster) was to use the moves substitute, toxic, roar, ice fang. i understand the concept of the set, but am not 100% sure about which attacking move to use. ice for coverage? crunch for STAB?

any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Nice pokemon, but I personally would run a non-shiny Ttar. I've tried the shiny one, and it just did NOT work. xD

Deoxys-E
Life Orb
~Psychic
~Superpower
~Taunt

I ran a taunt deoxys as a lead with pursuit/taunt/recover and a filler move (preference mostly) pursuit to kill those scarfgar leads as they switch out (most players do in my experience unless it's timid scarf) and taunt just in case for bronzong leads and I always found a way to recover back to health later in the game. It's a very specialized set but it has worked for me.

I think for deoxys S taunt is a waste of a move, if anything it should have substitute. The main reason being Dugtrio. With substitute duggy cant do anything to you, it stops sucker punch from happening and then you can attack it next turn.

Maybe i'll post a substitute moveset later if someone else hasent already done so in this thread.

no, cocky bronzong would not, if he was played by a smart person. just about all lead deoxys run taunt and are scared shitless of gyro ball, so what's the best choice?

Or, the cocky Bronzong user would immediately assume Deoxys-E is standard revenge-killer and assume it would switch out.

Attacking drifblim

Drifblim @ Chesto/lum berry
Modest
-Calm Mind
-Rest
-Shadow Ball
-HP fight

What you do is calm mind until you should rest which activates the chesto/lum as well as unburden. Since your speed doubles with unburden, with 228 speed EVs you're faster than deoxys speed (I hope I calculated it right) although you can certainly lower it to put more in SpD. Set seems kind of gimicky and I would like other ppl's input if it'll actually work (I'm still a noob =P)

You can also get rid of the berry by coming in on a status with lum berry. Make sure they don't have a phazer or you got rid of it for obvious reasons.
Any opinions? Or is gengar/mismagius just better? =P

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Any opinions? Or is gengar/mismagius just better? =P
ya its a good set; probably should include EVs and nature just for reference. I might be analysis worthy (though it is fairly similar to the CM set already, yet different enough to warrant a separate mention)

EVs: i can gather... 228 Spd / You need some in defense/HP not SpD since your CMing / Remainder into SpA

EDIT: With 228 Spd Evs and a Modest Nature + Unburden you will hit 506 Spd which is more than enough to outspeed 252 Spd + Timid Deo-S. Due to this, it probably would be wise to actually lower the EVs and stick em in defense or HP. Considering most Deo-S run Hasty + 96 Spd EVs (straight from the analysis) you should probably run like 144 to outspeed Deo-S by 2 points after Unburden. Then throw the rest of the EVs where eve. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)