Post new creative movesets/EV spreads here:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the ideabehind this set alot, I just see the whole switcheroo gimmick as something that would NOT work on a pokemon as weak and frail as Persian. Sure with specs it's at least a decent hitter, but as soon as you pass those specs on persian is complete dead weight without a nasty plot boosting his abysmal special attack score.

You'd really have to test it out in actual matches to see how successful it'd really end up being, as theorymon can only go so far, especially with farfetched movesets like these
Switcheroo is more of a last resort. After it has killed at least one half of manlix, or it could even kill something like Aggron with Water Pulse for that matter, it has basically done its job. The surprise is then over and you can slap a choice specs on something to completely cripple it. That's at least 2 pokemon for one persian.

i made this i don't realy know if it is good but it work's for me becouse this is the most unpredictible charizard ever and 9/10 when you use it as lead the aponent wont switch becouse it's scared for the sub on bellyzard so 9/10 i get a free kill

ScarfZard @choice scarf
nature:Rash
ability:Blaze

-Flare blitz/Focus punch
-hidden power(ice)/focusblast/Flamethrower
-overheat
-earthquake

EV's:140Atk 252sp.atk 118spd
Charizard lvl100
ATK:238
sp.atk:348
Spd:265 x1.5 of scarf make's it 397.5spd enough to outrun most leads you can always put some more EV's in speed to make sure you outspeed scarf hera/electrode but then you need to take some atk or sp.atk EV's

i recomand the hidden power ice on ScarfZard but one of tho's other move's are good to if you're not in the mood to breed for HP ice. Also if you don't like the recoil of Flare blitz you can go with focus punch wich works good aswell for later in the game if you're aponent knows it isnt a bellyzard and is going to make a obvious switch.

I agree with gaudetjaja, switcheroo is on that set for utility and options. If your opponent keeps switching in clefable on you each time you try to attack with persian, you can predict a switch in and cripple that incoming pokemon.

It's for the same reason U-turn is mentioned on that set, sure it doesn't do a whole ton of damage, but it scouts switches with a good amount of speed, and to trick your opponent into thinking you're a physical oriented set. When they send in their physical wall, you can slap a choice specs on it and ruin it on the predicted switch. If you don't predict a switch, you can hit with a really powerful 90BP STAB swift off a huge special attack.

EDIT: NeoAssassin
That's not a bad set. I would highly suggest focus punch as the main first attack, because once the surprise is ruined, you can bring charizard in later and focus punch on a predicted switch, and it would put a huge dent into certain pokemon who would attempt to switch in.

glad to hear you like the ScarfZard also my own ScarfZard ha's focus punch lol but i thought a good stab psychial atk is always nice on zard but you're right focus punch is better on this set.

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 232 Spe / 24 Atk
Hasty Nature (+Spe, -Def)
- Taunt / Counter
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast / Overheat
- Close Combat

Leading Infernape. Sets up Rocks early, can Taunt leading Stealth Rockers, but that might not be necessary as they will usually run for fear of MixApe (Swampert, Bronzong, Hippowdon). Counter is also an option to surprise leading physical attackers. Fire Blast and Overheat are for when you hang on with Sash and get a Blaze boost. Close Combat is for Heatran, Snorlax, and Blissey.

Infernape @ Focus Sash
- Taunt / Counter
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast / Overheat
- Close Combat

Leading Infernape. Sets up Rocks early, can Taunt leading Stealth Rockers, but that might not be necessary as they will usually run for fear of MixApe (Swampert, Bronzong, Hippowdon). Counter is also an option to surprise leading physical attackers. Fire Blast and Overheat are for when you hang on with Sash and get a Blaze boost. Close Combat is for Heatran, Snorlax, and Blissey.
Pretty decent set, though I'd rather use something like Azelf that can at least Explode after doing it's job. However, 24 Attack isn't really doing anything so I highly suggest you run max speed for the insurance. It seems like after husk posted his team, everyone wants to find a way to have a similar team with a different lead. Hell I'll count myself as one of them since I was using the Azelf SR set. Taunt/SR/TBolt or U-turn or Fire Blast/Explosion is pretty fun.

I like the set though, umbarsc.

Blaze-boosted Overheat is basically Infernape's "explosion". I guess the 24 EVs aren't really doing anything, so max speed would work better.

I guess Blaze-boosted Overheat packs a lot of power, not like Explosion but something is definitely going down when you unleash that. 140 * 1.5 * 1.5 = 315, roughly the power of a super-effective Focus Punch or STAB Reversal/Flail.

Yeah, it's an interesting set. Get's SR up as they switch Bronzong out, counter if they send out a physical sweeper, and then Overheat to hopefully hurt something as you die. Pretty cool, I might try that out.

Infernape @ Focus Sash
- Taunt / Counter
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast / Overheat
- Close Combat

Its actually a pretty interesting set, and how others said it can set up SR easily because many leads fear an Infernape, predicting a Scarf. A Bronzong lead might even bring out a Heatran hoping for a boost. Its scarf and earth powers you, you hang on to focus sash and Close Combat. I like it.

Here are a couple of ideas I had recently - they don't always work, but I try to be original. Please forgive the long post - the ideas are a little bizarre.

Roserade - Fire Flower
(Wise glasses/heat rock)
Timid
EVs: Max Spd and SpA
- Sleep powder
- Sunny day
- Solar beam
- Weather ball

Basic idea: Sleep powder for when something comes that she cannot handle or to force a switch, Sunny day when switch is forced (either by sleep or by the original switch in), Solar beam for heavy STAB damage under Sunny day and Weather ball becomes an accurate Fire blast equivalent in the sun (weather ball damage amplification and sun/fire boost).

It seems to me to be mainly about causing the opponent serious damage by doing something unexpected and catching them off-guard. The weather-changing could be nice as well.

Umbreon - Horror in the Night
(Leftovers)
Bold
EVs: Max HP, Def/SpD depending on necessity
- Mean look
- Yawn
- Moonlight
- Baton pass

When confronted with an opponent which cannot KO you quickly enough, launch Mean look + Yawn. If opportunities do not present themselves, Yawn can be used to force a switch, but the opponent should never be allowed to switch out when asleep, or this Umbreon becomes relatively useless. Moonlight is to recover during or after the setup as necessary. Now, Baton pass to someone who needs to set up or can kill the opponent easily. If things get hairy, baton pass can be used to transfer the Mean look and get Umbreon out of harm's way.

Now the fun begins. The opponent can't react or switch out, so you are free to boost stats to your hearts content. Your team needs to support this sort of thing, but this should let you do something like DD six times with Gyarados or Dragonite and proceed to wipe the floor with your opponent. If you are forced to switch out, you could always try the same trick again, although an opponent is unlikely to fall for this more than once.

This is especially cruel if you have multiple baton passers on your team. You could theoretically max out all your stats (Gorebyss is a good candidate for Agility, Iron defense and Amnesia), passing back to Umbreon for another Yawn whenever needed.

I can imagine this going wrong very easily, especially during the set up, but it has been devastating at my level.

I think that relicanth set is best used in a sandstorm, as it does get a nice sp. defense boost. If so, I would suggest this EV spread, which maximizes both defenses in a sandstorm: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD Impish.
I very rarely use Sandstorm, but I noticed Reli had a lot of potential as a physical wall, because it can both wall and kill things.

Although that's a pretty useful EV spread.

Pokemon: Honchkrow

name: AnnoyKrow
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Thunder Wave
move 3: Night Shade
move 4: Torment
item: Leftovers
ability: Insomnia
nature(s): Timid
evs: ordered in 252 hp/6 def/252 spd

This set is largely meant to take advantage of Honchkrow's excellent 100 base HP, which is often eschewed for its fantastic offenses. Switching this in shouldn't be too much of a problem, what with Honchkrow's 3 different immunities (Psychic, Ground and Sleeping Moves). It's best to bring this against Gengar; Gengar will probably switch out expecting a Choice Band Sucker Punch, at which point you can Sub on the switch.

The 252 HP creates 101 HP substitutes; Thunder Wave compensates for Honchkrow's poor speed. Torment prevents the foe from using the same move twice in a row; combined with Paralysis this can be extremely frustrating towards the opponent. Night Shade is listed as a form of consistent damage.

Admittedly this set is rather gimmicky; however I just wanted to list an alternate moveset for the Krow that focused on its HP rather than its offenses.

Ever since the thread in Stark Mountain, I've been looking for someone who could possibly use Dragonite effectively, as I'm no good at supporting it. I wanted to do better testing of these sets. Feedback is welcomed!

DD MixRape:

Dragonite (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 60 Atk/196 Spd/252 SAtk
Lonely nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Outrage
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Blast / Thunderbolt / Earthquake
---

245 / 368 Spe, 350 (455) Atk, 299(389) Sp Atk

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP/60 Atk/196 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Light Screen
---

350 Atk, 245 Spe / 387 Spe <---- takes 20% from Ice Beams while roosting with the screen up!!!!

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RaikouLover, I used a variant of that first set a while back, but opted for Agility over Dragon Dance in order to maximise speed (I ran 228 to beat Scarfchomp) and take advantage of the niches of Dragonite's movepool. Was a really fun set, as after the initial Draco Meteor/Fire Blast people would throw out their Blissey only to eat an Outrage. In theory it shouldn't work to use a stat-upper with a) a move that causes confusion and b) a move that sharply lowers your SpA but it quite often left big holes in the opponent's defences. The second one seems really quirky too!

I really liked how your set looked RaikouLover but I'm not one for copying so I made a similar yet differnet set.

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Sp Atk
*Energy Ball
*Rest/ Leech Seed
*Leech Seed/ Sludge Bomb/ Spikes
*Toxic Spikes/ Spikes

I opted for 0 Spd EV's to hopefully gain maximum recovery from Rest and with Max Hp/ SpDef EV's Roserade can take her fair share of hits. Leech Seed will help force switches, Sludge Bomb can hit Celebi hard, and Spikes works pretty nicely as well.
Sleep powder is necessary for roserade to lay down spikes and hurt it's opponent. Leech seed will never work on a frail pokemon like roserade unless your opponent is asleep or retarded. On top of that, the EV spread is thoughtless.

Rest is a good move, and I've had some success with it, but with no other forms of damage besides a grass move, you're not going to be killing anything anytime soon, so why waste that 125 special attack? The same walls will wall her every time. Skarmory, metagross, jirachi, celebi... Take off leech seed at least and replace it with an attack. HP fire preferably, since it hits all those pokemon who wall her for SE besides heatran. With your current set, weavile... WEAVILE could switch in safely and break your face. Weavile should never be able to switch in safely.

What's left over after tweaking your set? Calm nature. Calm nature only works if your opponent expects sleep powder and switches to a sponge, but without substitute, she can't expect to ever pull off leech seed. Even bulky roserade works better in timid. Lets also pull the special defense out of EV's and throw that all into speed. The HP is fine because if you know about evening defenses, you want your HP to be slightly higher than your SPDef.

But seriously, if you want to try this on roserade, I have to ask... why not use it on pokemon who can actually TAKE hits? The only thing roserade offers here is the combination of leech seed and toxic spikes, but she can't use them together very effectively at all, so it's not worth it. You sacrificed crucial speed for arbitrary numbers of special defence and hitpoints, without any thought into just WHAT you made outspeed roserade. Her decent speed was the only thing stopping her from being dead weight in OU, allowing you to hit an opponent with sleep, set up spikes OR toxic spikes and switch out, only to come back later and sleep something else or hit with a powerful attack.

I have to ask, have you actually used roserade in OU before?
Sorry to be so blunt, but there is just a serious lack of thought in this set.

P.S. Leftovers over black sludge. If your opponent will take the sludge from you, what's stopping them from giving it to another member on your team?

Infernape @ Focus Sash
- Taunt / Counter
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast / Overheat
- Close Combat

I posted a set similar to this a while back and it's a nice surprise killer. If you want to run counter stealth rock is out of the question because if this guy gets hit more than once it's over. I also found it pretty hard to run without any rapid spinner and this set gets walled by Starmie too, it takes a lot of prediction but it's a live saver if you pull it of.

Sleep powder isn't necessary for Roserade to lay down spikes and hurt it's opponent as she can come in on various special attackers. Blissey loves to switch into her and with Leech Seed she cannot touch me (obv). Heck, I even use her as my Gengar counter. Leech seed will works fine In conjuction with rest and a frail pokemon like Roserade wouldn't stay in for a physical assualt unless she is guarenteed a killed right? Anything who threatens Roserade is already faster, which can easily lead to Leech Seed or Rest. "On top of that, the EV spread is thoughtless" I couldn't agree more.

Skarmory, metagross, jirachi, all wall her and celebi could setup on her... But i don't expect her to be able to take on the world. I do have 5 other pokes to rely on.

Calm nature simply because it Boosts Special Defense.

Well, I suppose in order for you to ask me if i have ever used Roserade in OU I could use a similar question. Have you tried my Roserade set? I know the EVs/ nature is thoughtless... But it works.

Sure, Leftovers or Black Sludge.

Sleep powder isn't necessary for Roserade to lay down spikes and hurt it's opponent as she can come in on various special attackers. Blissey loves to switch into her and with Leech Seed she cannot touch me (obv). Heck, I even use her as my Gengar counter. Leech seed will works fine In conjuction with rest and a frail pokemon like Roserade wouldn't stay in for a physical assualt unless she is guarenteed a killed right? Anything who threatens Roserade is already faster, which can easily lead to Leech Seed or Rest. "On top of that, the EV spread is thoughtless" I couldn't agree more.

Skarmory, metagross, jirachi, all wall her and celebi could setup on her... But i don't expect her to be able to take on the world. I do have 5 other pokes to rely on.

Calm nature simply because it Boosts Special Defense.

Well, I suppose in order for you to ask me if i have ever used Roserade in OU I could use a similar question. Have you tried my Roserade set? I know the EVs/ nature is thoughtless... But it works.

Sure, Leftovers or Black Sludge.
Well, the problem I see with your set is that the pokemon she's going to lure out aren't going to be special walls after they notice you're used leech seed.
The only thing that set does is promote another switch, which can be useful with SR and spikes, but since roserade has no way to stop something like salamence or lucario from setting up on you, you're king of in trouble. I've played around with bulkyrade too, not calm but timid, and I know the problems with it.

How about this: Get rid of rest and throw on sleep powder. It will take a pokemon out of play, prevent setups, even let you set up on blissey even better. Blissey falls asleep, you seed her and heal tons, she switches and you lay a layer of toxic spikes. Then you can attempt to use sleep powder again on the new pokemon. If they get caught, you can lay that second layer of spikes or seed and switch out.

Trust me, sleep powder will go a long way.
And if you're still so stubborn on staying super-wally, you can at least start doing calculations. Find out how much common ice beams do to you, and then invest the rest in speed. After doing the math, you might find that you can invest a whole lot more into speed than you currently are.
Hope that helps.

I'll try Sleep Powder. However, I'm curious to know what Roserade is trying to outrun here. Please let me know. Btw, Thanks for the input its appreciated.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yea, posting what should be a standard set, not what is necessarily creative.

Gyarados @ Muscle Band
nature: Adamant
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
stats: 337 HP / 383 Atk / 194 Def / 140 SpA / 236 SpD / 256 Spe
~Dragon Dance
~Substitute / Endure
~Waterfall
~Flail

Substitute on the switch, see what the opponent brings in, but first Dragon Dance on the Substitute breaking turn. If it is Starmie, you are Substituting down until Flail can OHKO. If it is Celebi, you are using your information gained in the battle to make an intelligent decision; in other words, you either Substitute to remove the Thunder Wave or Leech Seed attempt or you Dragon Dance again while they Grass Knot you to get you closer to maximum Flail damage range. After 2 Dragon Dances, a maximum Flail OHKOes 404 HP / 319 Def Celebi on average.

I have Endure there but that is only for people who are too impatient to wait for the opportune time to get Gyarados out there. Substitute I found has more general utility use than Endure, but to each his own I guess.

Speed EVs are to outspeed 383 Speed Pokemon, and I have 337 HP to have 1 HP after 4 Substitutes, or 1 HP after 3 Substitutes and 3 turns of Sand / Hail damage + one attacking turn.

Muscle Band because Leftovers annoyed me with Flail, Wacan Berry's purpose was reduced due to Substitute, Life Orb just doesn't work with Flail, and the Normal / Water Elemental Plates aren't worth it in my opinion/ Muscle Band actually allows me to get that OHKO on average on that Celebi, so it does have a specific purpose.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
@Aldaron

Have you considered Liechi Berry? If you haven't gotten to 6 DDs by 1 HP, Liechi can give you another Attack boost, which can sometimes be more devastating than the Muscle Band boost, unless you prefer the consistency in Muscle Band.

I'll try Sleep Powder. However, I'm curious to know what Roserade is trying to outrun here. Please let me know. Btw, Thanks for the input its appreciated.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23432

Go here, find your roserade (216 speed) and find the huge long block of things that will eat you for dinner.

Most notable things on that list are Adamant 252 Garchomp, Jolly 252 skarm breloom and metagross, any version of gyarados, adamant ddmence, adamant ddnite, stall zapdos, and any version of togekiss, who would eat your roserade, 100% no way to stop her without sleep powder.

But yeah, timid 252 is really worth it.

Okay wanna know what smogon thinks of this...been working on it for awhile, and i use it on shoddy all the time. I was one point off last night. Which just about made me cry.

Honchrow@life orb
Insomnia
Naughty
-Drill peck
-Dark pulse
-Nasty plot
-HP Fire

Now why hp fire? for steels. This thing works pretty well and i have taken out a blissey in 3 hits w/o a nasty plot with hp fire.
tell me what you guys think.

My current ev spread on it is 78 atk/180 spatk/252spd
i played around with it for a few days and this was the best mix of the two.

Anti-Lead Areodactyl:

Areodactyl@Life Orb(Focus Sash if you fear Scarf users or Jolteon)
Jolly
Pressure
252 Att/216 Spe/40 hp
-Taunt
-Pursuit
-Earthquake
-Rock Silde/Stone Edge/Thief

This set comes in on a slower lead (bronzong), taunts it and either pursuits or hits whatever is coming in. Outruns everything other than Jolteon, Crobat, Deo-E, and scarf users. I noticed that Pursuit wasn't mentioned in the Analysis, so I put this in. I know that Weavile does this better, but Aero has a good surprise factor going for it.

You could also EQ the first turn to make your enemy think you are running CB, then taunt the incoming wall. You can also use thief if you expect to waste your Focus Sash.

Any opinions?

Okay wanna know what smogon thinks of this...been working on it for awhile, and i use it on shoddy all the time. I was one point off last night. Which just about made me cry.

Honchrow@life orb
Insomnia
Naughty
-Drill peck
-Dark pulse
-Nasty plot
-HP Fire

Now why hp fire? for steels. This thing works pretty well and i have taken out a blissey in 3 hits w/o a nasty plot with hp fire.
tell me what you guys think.

My current ev spread on it is 78 atk/180 spatk/252spd
i played around with it for a few days and this was the best mix of the two.
Dawnbringer already came up with this. Check his thread for a better spread. I also happen to have bred it for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)