Pokemon Unfit for UU Analyses

Status
Not open for further replies.

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Also Flygon >>>>>>> Primeape, so if you could provide logs to show why STAB Close Combat is so much better than STAB Earthquake, I'd be all ears.
because primeape is NOT walled by Chansey. i think its a very good point here

breh

強いだね
primeape is pretty bad though. it doesn't really have anything overwhelmingly special that 95 speed creates. I guess it outspeeds scarf heracross when scarfed and u-turns out? it gets ice punch for gligar and that's the best I can guess.

just use Cobalion IMO. I realize they're not the same thing, but it seems like a superior fighting type.

I don't have any logs for Scarf Glaceon, but I do have some for the SubStall thing I spoke of.

Start of turn 23
The foe's Snibunna used Low Sweep!
It's super effective!
Glaceon lost 102 HP! (36% of its health)
Glaceon's Speed fell!

Glaceon used Substitute!
Glaceon made a substitute!

Hail continues to fall!
Glaceon's Ice Body heals it!
The foe's Snibunna is hurt by poison!
Glaceon restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 24
Glaceon used Protect!
Glaceon protected itself!

Hail continues to fall!

Start of turn 25
It's super effective!
Glaceon's substitute faded!

Glaceon used Substitute!

Hail continues to fall!

Start of turn 26
Glaceon used Protect!

Hail continues to fall!

Start of turn 27
It's super effective!

Glaceon used Substitute!

Hail continues to fall!

Start of turn 28
Glaceon used Protect!

Hail continues to fall!

Start of turn 29
It's super effective!

Glaceon used Substitute!

Hail continues to fall!
The foe's Snibunna fainted!
Drekio sent out Vulnona! (Ninetales)

The foe's Vulnona's Drought intensified the sun's rays!

Start of turn 30
Glaceon used Protect!

The foe's Vulnona used Flamethrower!

The sunlight is strong!
The foe's Vulnona restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
The foe's Vulnona is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 31
It's super effective!

Glaceon used Substitute!
_Cynthia_ is watching the battle.

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 32
It's super effective!

Glaceon used Mirror Coat!
But it failed!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 33
It's super effective!
Glaceon lost 117 HP! (41% of its health)
Glaceon fainted!

Me outstalling a weavile, then stupidly trying to outstall a ninetails out of hail.(with one layer of TS up, and The ninetails was pretty severely damaged after that)
Start of turn 22
Glaceon used Protect!

The foe's Crawdaunt used Superpower!

Hail continues to fall!
The foe's Crawdaunt is buffeted by the hail!
The foe's Crawdaunt is hurt by poison!
The twisted dimensions returned to normal!

of things to write, as I just explained how a stallr
Start of turn 23
Glaceon used Substitute!

The foe's Crawdaunt used Superpower!
It's super effective!
The foe's Crawdaunt's Attack fell!
The foe's Crawdaunt's Defense fell!
The foe's Crawdaunt is hurt by its Life Orb!

Hail continues to fall!
The foe's Crawdaunt is buffeted by the hail!
The foe's Crawdaunt fainted!
Metadraxis sent out Gallade!
The foe's Gallade was poisoned!

[Pro]Zaii^^[XeNo] stopped watching the battle.

Start of turn 24
Glaceon used Substitute!

The foe's Gallade used Trick Room!
The foe's Gallade twisted the dimensions!

Hail continues to fall!
The foe's Gallade is buffeted by the hail!
The foe's Gallade is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 25
Glaceon used Protect!

The foe's Gallade used Close Combat!

Hail continues to fall!

Start of turn 26
It's super effective!
The foe's Gallade's Defense fell!
The foe's Gallade's Sp. Def. fell!
The foe's Gallade is hurt by its Life Orb!

Glaceon used Substitute!

Hail continues to fall!

Start of turn 27
Glaceon used Protect!

Hail continues to fall!

Start of turn 28
It's super effective!
The foe's Gallade's Defense fell!
The foe's Gallade's Sp. Def. fell!
The foe's Gallade is hurt by its Life Orb!

Glaceon used Substitute!

Hail continues to fall!
The foe's Gallade fainted!
The twisted dimensions returned to normal!
Metadraxis sent out Ringo! (Rhyperior)
The foe's Ringo was poisoned!

Start of turn 29
Glaceon used Blizzard!
It's super effective!
The Foe's Ringo Fainted!

Risenreturn Wins!

Me Outstalling a Crawdaunt, And Gallade, then OHKOing a Rhyperior on a trick room team that would have otherwise beaten me.

I was semi-theorymonning earlier and after doing some testing earlier with both Scarf Flygon and Scarf Primeape on the same team Flygon > Primeape as a scout. However, they do function fairly well as a U-Turn pair. The only thing Primeape has over Flygon is 2HKOing Chansey after rocks but who switches Chansey in on a Primeape?

Now, @risenreturn that Sub Stall Glaceon is outclassed by Walrein. Walrein does the exact same thing except he has access to Superfang, Roar, and better bulk.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Plus when I say logs, I mean like full logs. Just bold the parts that are relevant to the Pokemon. And please please please only UU, thanks.

2HKOing Chansey is nice, but seriously like Foxy Grandpa said, there'd be no way in hell anybody would switch Chansey into Primeape, and if they're really cocky they could switch Chansey into any of Primeape's other attacks. I'm pretty sure Stone Edge, Punishment, and U-turn are all like 5HKOes....

breh

強いだね
substall glaceon isn't outclassed by walrein; glaceon has the advantage of an idiotically high SpA. uninvested walrein has roughly 57% of the power of modest max glaceon. that's a BIG difference.

I'm sorry, but can we take Regice of the list? it has the sheer stats to rape face in NU, and even in UU it can do some damage. With support moves like Charge Beam, it can boost an uninvested base 100 SP.A to considerable levels while still being defensive due to investment. (If you wanna run it that way), or you can use amnesia/curse to boost defenses depending on how you invest and how you want to run it. With it's DW ability, it becomes even better due to the popularity of Hail in UU (I know it's unreleased >:P)
ANYWAY, the point is, it's not worthless. At all. PLUS IT'S A PSUEDO-LEGEND THAT DOSEN'T HAVE BAD DISTRIBUTION (Lookin' at you Kyurem) Let me write an analysis dammit...

Lol. Regice is weak to every kind of entry hazard, including Stealth Rock, has no reliable recovery outside of Rest (even that isn't "reliable"), and gets destroyed by basically any physical Fighting-, Rock-, or Steel-type move. It has shit for HP, and despite its massive Special Defense, cannot take more than a few super effective hits due to, again, its lack of reliable recovery. Even with Ice Body, Regice is still outclassed by Walrein, and even Glaceon to an extent. Just stop bringing up Regice, it won't be getting a UU analysis anytime soon, or ever, for that matter >.<

Regice, although having 80 HP compared to walrein's 110, has 10 more in physical defense (yeah yeah not much), and 110 more in SP.D (Which is quite a bit.) But Tbh... Pure Ice is better typing then Ice/Water, having less weaknesses, (although less resistences). It also has access to charge beam for psuedo boltbeam/setup, which walrein dosen't, with 5 more in SP.A (which is not much), but still, all it's stats overall make it better (other then in physical defense) then walrein. It can still function outside of Hail tho, even in UU, where steel is... just Escavalier pretty much, fighting is A LOT LESS COMMON THEN IN OU, Rock? Got me there. But then again, you generally won't keep Regice in on a physical sweeper. Especially ones that set up. Regice has a decent amount of options and can be used as more of a tank, not a staller, so the need of "Reliable healing" is not TOO nessisary compared to things that are purely needed for stall.

fighting is A LOT LESS COMMON THEN IN OU
Almost every good UU team has a strong Fighting-type, whether it be Heracross, Cobalion, Gallade, or what have you. so that point is moot.

imo Water/Ice > Ice because you resist Water which is a common attacking type in UU (Milotic, Suicune, etc...) You also lose a weakness to fire.

OK on the topic of Glaceon, I have used it to great success, not in the form of Stall, but in the form of a Bulky Attacker that easily breaks down walls. Status is avoided in the first few turns in the case of toxic from Ice Body, and with Blizzard's great neutral coverage it is one of my favorite Pokemon in a hail team, I run

move 1: Blizzard
move 2: Substitute
move 3: Toxic
move 4: Hidden Power Fire (I don't really know what to put here, Blizzard is the main move your using, maybe Hail?)
nature: Modest
evs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
ability: Ice Body
item: Leftovers

or you can go purely offensive with Choice Specs, either way, Glaceon is a great addition to any Hail team that has trouble with walls like Chansey. If you have Toxic Spikes you can replace Toxic with something like Protect or Wish, though.

I can get logs if I ladder a bit more, I'll do that now.

Regice, although having 80 HP compared to walrein's 110, has 10 more in physical defense (yeah yeah not much), and 110 more in SP.D (Which is quite a bit.) But Tbh... Pure Ice is better typing then Ice/Water, having less weaknesses, (although less resistences). It also has access to charge beam for psuedo boltbeam/setup, which walrein dosen't, with 5 more in SP.A (which is not much), but still, all it's stats overall make it better (other then in physical defense) then walrein. It can still function outside of Hail tho, even in UU, where steel is... just Escavalier pretty much, fighting is A LOT LESS COMMON THEN IN OU, Rock? Got me there. But then again, you generally won't keep Regice in on a physical sweeper. Especially ones that set up. Regice has a decent amount of options and can be used as more of a tank, not a staller, so the need of "Reliable healing" is not TOO nessisary compared to things that are purely needed for stall.

Regice is slow, predictable, and incredibly easy to counter. It's outclassed at EVERY SINGLE THING it can do; there is no other way to put it, nor any reason to use it in UU.

Glaceon and Rotom-F are better Blizzard users, and Chansey will always be a better special sponge.

Give up on Regice; it simply isn't going to happen in UU.

I plead for Leafeon to get an analysis.

Leafeon has high physical bulk, very high attack and higher speed than Roserade. It has solid healing in Synthesis and an awesome boosting move in Swords Dance. It can also abuse Sunny Day to great effect with Leaf Guard or Chlorophyll. If these arguments aren't enough to push Leafeon over the line, I'll provide logs with its effect.

If Leafeon does get an analysis, I'd like to do it :).

Regice is slow, predictable, and incredibly easy to counter. It's outclassed at EVERY SINGLE THING it can do; there is no other way to put it, nor any reason to use it in UU.

Glaceon and Rotom-F are better Blizzard users, and Chansey will always be a better special sponge.

Give up on Regice; it simply isn't going to happen in UU.
Okay. I admit defeat... Lol. I tried it out. It wasen't too good in UU. NU, pretty nice, but trash in UU.

Leafeon has high physical bulk, very high attack and higher speed than Roserade. It has solid healing in Synthesis and an awesome boosting move in Swords Dance. It can also abuse Sunny Day to great effect with Leaf Guard or Chlorophyll. If these arguments aren't enough to push Leafeon over the line, I'll provide logs with its effect.

I have to agree with this. I didn't even realize leafeon was on this list. It can be used Defensively or offensively pretty efficiently. There's no reason to have it here.

I love Leafeon as much as you do, but he has a few crippling issues in the UU environment.

First, what is he going to use against the plethora of Fire, Bug, Poison, Flying, and opposing Grass types in UU? Aerial Ace, X-Scissor, and Return? His movepool is incredibly lacking, and his lack of coverage leaves (haha) him outclassed by a lot of other sweepers in the tier.

Second, his low HP and Special Defense stats are a problem for something that you want to be able to take hits, and only resisting Water, Electric, Grass, and Ground (three of which are mostly special moves anyways) means that he can't take that many neutral physical attacks either.

Third, he is almost completely outclassed by other Grass-types in the tier, like Tangrowth, Celebi, Shaymin, Sceptile, etc. who are either more durable or provide better coverage moves (or even both) than Leafeon.

I love Leafeon to death, and it'd be cool for him to get an analysis, but there are plenty of reasons why he doesn't deserve a UU analysis.

breh

強いだね
Leafeon is pretty much outclassed by celebi, IMO. I realize that it's a bit stronger, but it's less defensive and has a shittier movepool.

SilentVerse

Into the New World
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'll post logs if I need to since I've stockpiled a bunch, but hopefully this should be enough.

After playing around with it for a bit, Musharna should have an analysis. Even though it looks like another Psychic-type which is heavily outclassed by the numerous UU Psychics such as Mew, Mesprit, Uxie, Cresselia, Celebi, Sigilyph, and Alakazam, Musharna is a powerful, and very decent Calm Minder with a few interesting things that give it a niche. Bulk-wise, Musharna is excellent; Bold 252 / 252 Musharna is about as bulky as Mew with the same spread. For example, a Jolly Choice Scarf Victini's V-Create does 44.95% - 53.21% to the former and 43.81% - 51.49% to the latter. Meanwhile, a +2 Houndoom's Dark Pulse does 74.31% - 88.07% to Musharna after a Calm Mind and 77.23% - 91.09% to Mew after a Calm Mind. So, Musharna is slightly bulkier specially, and slightly less bulky physically, than a Pokemon with defensive stats of 100 / 100 / 100, which definitely isn't bad. Musharna also has a few more special attack points, which make it a little more threatening than Mew. Additionally, Musharna's access to an instant recovery move in Moonlight allows it to use that bulk to great effects alongside Calm Mind. However, what truly sets Musharna apart is it's access to Stored Power and Baton Pass. Musharna's excellent bulk and Moonlight makes setting up fairly easy, and once you've accumulated 2 or more Calm Minds, Musharna becomes extremely lethal, as even if Musharna gets statused, Musharna can pass the boosts away to another special sweeper.

While Musharna does face stiff competition from the aforementioned Mew and perhaps Sigilyph, Musharna is different enough to distinguish itself from them. The main distinguishing factor is that Musharna gains power very, very quickly; at +3, Snorlax is solidly 2HKOed, while Mew must use Aura Sphere to be able to muscle past it. A similar case is for Chansey; at +6, Chansey is OHKOed by Stored Power, while Mew is once again failing to do anything without Aura Sphere. While Musharna isn't doing anything without a boost, Mew isn't doing much either since even with Psychic, Mew's unboosted, uninvested Special Attack isn't great enough to do much damage. Basically, Mew is forced to use Psychic + Aura Sphere coverage on a Calm Mind set since it can't break through most walls without it, while Musharna can basically sweep with only Stored Power bar Dark-types, freeing up a slot for Baton Pass. Baton Pass is great, since it allows Musharna to allow other stuff to sweep if necessary, and it can do some scouting earlier it the match.

tl;dr, Musharna is a very cool Calm Minder who becomes stupidly powerful with relatively few boosts, and it is perfectly capable of obtaining said boosts due to great bulk + instant recovery. It is also a great team player with Baton Pass.

Yes, I felt it was necessary to write this much about Musharna, and I'd like to write Musharna's analysis if it gets approved.

@Above
"Mew is once again failing to do anything without Aura Sphere"
Keep in mind that Mew has Psyshock, and as you said yourself many carry Aura Sphere
To add on, Mew ups its stats easier since it has Nasty Plot
Also, as you said yourself, it can't get past Dark types, which are relatively common in UU, and also don't forget Steel types.
Next, Moonlight is not "realiable" as you may call it with Abomasnow running around, and the low PP.
To add, on Mew in only effective as a CM-er since it is 3 times faster than Musharna and hence can Taunt in case it is going to get phazed, and Musharna would have to watch its boost disappear.
Despite Musharna tanking Dark Pulse better than Mew, Mew had the ability to set up another CM before it gets hit, or it can just kill Houndoom before it uses Dark Pulse, while Musharna would have to die from 2 of which.
Lastly, Mew possesses Baton Pass too, and also an ability to +2 in each stat.
Overall, Musharna is just outclassed by Mew

On a side note, just got a log for Lapras
Battle between TheGanster and ScarletNova started!

Tier: Wifi UU
Mode: Singles
Rule: Unrated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Freeze Clause
Rule: Disallow Spects
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle

Your team: Heracross / Lapras / Mamoswine / Flygon / Rotom-H / Sharpedo
Opponent's team: Hippopotas / Stoutland / Golurk / Houndoom / Gastrodon / Sigilyph

ScarletNova sent out Mamoswine!
TheGanster sent out Hippopotas!
The foe's Hippopotas's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!

Start of turn 1
Mamoswine used Icicle Crash!
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
The foe's Hippopotas lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Hippopotas fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
TheGanster sent out Stoutland!

Start of turn 2
The foe's Stoutland used Frustration!
Mamoswine lost 318 HP! (87% of its health)

Mamoswine used Icicle Crash!
The foe's Stoutland lost 83% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 3
ScarletNova called Mamoswine back!
ScarletNova sent out Sharpedo!

The foe's Stoutland used Frustration!
Sharpedo lost 281 HP! (100% of its health)
Sharpedo fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
ScarletNova sent out Mamoswine!

Start of turn 4
Mamoswine used Ice Shard!
A critical hit!
The foe's Stoutland lost 16% of its health!
The foe's Stoutland fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
TheGanster sent out Houndoom!

Start of turn 5
Mamoswine used Ice Shard!
It's not very effective...
The foe's Houndoom lost 34% of its health!

The foe's Houndoom used Overheat!
It's super effective!
Mamoswine lost 44 HP! (12% of its health)
Mamoswine fainted!
The foe's Houndoom's Sp. Att. sharply fell!
The foe's Houndoom is hurt by its Life Orb!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Houndoom is buffeted by the sandstorm!
ScarletNova sent out Lapras!

Start of turn 6
The foe's Houndoom used Sucker Punch!
But it failed!

Lapras used Substitute!
Lapras made a substitute!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Houndoom is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Lapras is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Lapras restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 7
TheGanster called Houndoom back!
TheGanster sent out Sigilyph!

Lapras used Curse!
Lapras's Attack rose!
Lapras's Defense rose!
Lapras's Speed fell!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Sigilyph's Flame Orb activated!
The foe's Sigilyph was burned!

Start of turn 8
The foe's Sigilyph used Psycho Shift!
Lapras's substitute blocked Psycho Shift!

Lapras used Waterfall!
The foe's Sigilyph lost 42% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 9
The foe's Sigilyph used Cosmic Power!
The foe's Sigilyph's Defense rose!
The foe's Sigilyph's Sp. Def. rose!

Lapras used Curse!
Lapras's Attack rose!
Lapras's Defense rose!
Lapras's Speed fell!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 10
The foe's Sigilyph used Roost!
The foe's Sigilyph landed on the ground!
The foe's Sigilyph regained health!

Lapras used Waterfall!
The foe's Sigilyph lost 40% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 11
The foe's Sigilyph used Cosmic Power!
The foe's Sigilyph's Defense rose!
The foe's Sigilyph's Sp. Def. rose!

Lapras used Waterfall!
The foe's Sigilyph lost 26% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 12
The foe's Sigilyph used Stored Power!
Lapras's substitute took the damage!

Lapras used Waterfall!
The foe's Sigilyph lost 31% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 13
The foe's Sigilyph used Stored Power!
Lapras's substitute faded!

Lapras used Waterfall!
The foe's Sigilyph lost 2% of its health!
The foe's Sigilyph fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
TheGanster sent out Houndoom!

Start of turn 14
The foe's Houndoom used Overheat!
Lapras lost 157 HP! (33% of its health)
The foe's Houndoom's Sp. Att. sharply fell!
The foe's Houndoom is hurt by its Life Orb!

Lapras used Waterfall!
It's super effective!
The foe's Houndoom lost 33% of its health!
The foe's Houndoom fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
TheGanster sent out Golurk!

Start of turn 15
The foe's Golurk used Substitute!
The foe's Golurk made a substitute!

Lapras used Waterfall!
It's super effective!
The foe's Golurk's substitute faded!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Golurk restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 16
The foe's Golurk used Earthquake!
Lapras lost 123 HP! (26% of its health)

Lapras used Waterfall!
It's super effective!
The foe's Golurk lost 81% of its health!
The foe's Golurk fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
TheGanster sent out Gastrodon!

Start of turn 17
The foe's Gastrodon used Earth Power!
Lapras lost 68 HP! (14% of its health)
Lapras fainted!
The foe's Gastrodon is hurt by its Life Orb!

The sandstorm rages!
ScarletNova sent out Rotom-H!

Start of turn 18
Rotom-H used Trick!
Rotom-H switched items with the foe's Gastrodon!
Rotom-H obtained one Life Orb!
The foe's Gastrodon obtained one Choice Scarf!

The foe's Gastrodon used Surf!
It's super effective!
Rotom-H lost 241 HP! (100% of its health)
Rotom-H fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
ScarletNova sent out Flygon!

Start of turn 19
Flygon used Outrage!
The foe's Gastrodon lost 59% of its health!

The foe's Gastrodon used Surf!
Flygon lost 162 HP! (53% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 20
Flygon used Outrage!
The foe's Gastrodon lost 30% of its health!
The foe's Gastrodon fainted!

ScarletNova won the battle!

SilentVerse

Into the New World
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
@Above
"Mew is once again failing to do anything without Aura Sphere"
Keep in mind that Mew has Psyshock, and as you said yourself many carry Aura Sphere
Sure, okay. Mew can carry Psyshock. But Mew is forced to use up two moveslots to beat Steels, Snorlax and Chansey, while Musharna can do relatively well against them with only Stored Power (Aura Sphere does like 20% unboosted against Snorlax, which kinda sucks).

To add on, Mew ups its stats easier since it has Nasty Plot
To add, on Mew in only effective as a CM-er since it is 3 times faster than Musharna and hence can Taunt in case it is going to get phazed, and Musharna would have to watch its boost disappear.
We're talking about comparing bulky Calm Mind sets here, so Nasty Plot isn't really relevant. Mew only has 4 moveslots. It's basically forced to use Calm Mind and Roost / Solfboiled for the first two. As I noted previously, Mew needs the second two slots for Psyshock or Psychic and Aura Sphere, so it can't feasibly fit Taunt onto its moveset.

Also, as you said yourself, it can't get past Dark types, which are relatively common in UU, and also don't forget Steel types.
Actually, Musharna sets up on Registeel, and Empoleon can't do anything if it doesn't have Roar (though granted, that's pretty common). Unchoiced Escavalier can't KO with Megahorn immediately, and Musharna outspeeds and can Baton Pass to CM Cobalion or something.

Next, Moonlight is not "realiable" as you may call it with Abomasnow running around, and the low PP.
Hail is relatively common right now, yes, but it's not like OU levels where the weather is on every team. There's a good chunk of UU teams who aren't hail or sand, and Moonlight is sufficient against them.

Despite Musharna tanking Dark Pulse better than Mew, Mew had the ability to set up another CM before it gets hit, or it can just kill Houndoom before it uses Dark Pulse, while Musharna would have to die from 2 of which.
Unless the Houndoom you face doesn't invest at all in Speed, Mew does not outspeed with Bold 252 / 252. Also, in a common scenario, Mew or Musharna should be at +1 or something while the Houndoom is at +0, since both Pokemon can Calm Mind as Houndoom switches in. At this point, Houndoom is really not too troublesome, so they can set up another Calm Mind. Assuming the Houndoom took the opportunity to Nasty Plot, Houndoom will 2HKO both Psychics. In Mew's case, it'll have to Aura Sphere, whereas Musharna can Baton Pass the boosts to something else. Both Pokemon have ways to deal with Houndoom; it's just that instead of killing it outright, Musharna can Baton Pass.

Lastly, Mew possesses Baton Pass too, and also an ability to +2 in each stat.
Overall, Musharna is just outclassed by Mew
Eh, Mew can't really sweep with just Psychic the way Musharna can. Like, at +6, Mew is just 2HKOing Snorlax, and it gets stalled out by Chansey. I will say that Musharna and Mew's Calm Mind sets are very similar, but I think Musharna is different enough to deserve an analysis.

With Musharna's low speed, when is it going to find time to set up and take full advantage of Stored Power without either getting Taunted, intoxicated, or phazed out?

I agree that Musharna is outclassed, by Mew and other UU Psychics.

LOL intoxicated.... imagine, an intoxicated Musharna xD

Anyways, I think that Musharna could work well with a few Speed boosts from Ninjask, but otherwise, it is gonna have a hard time setting up with Taunt, Toxic, and strong Dark-types such as Weavile in the tier. SilentVerse, you do make compelling arguments for Musharna, but I feel like it is still too situational to be viable in the UU metagame.

SilentVerse

Into the New World
When I used Musharna, I actually found that Musharna's low Speed tends to work in its favour most of the time. While it does mean that you get Taunted by a few more Pokemon than Mew, it makes it better as a Baton Passer since it can take a hit before giving the boosts to a frail sweeper. Most of the Pokemon who use Taunt will usually invest in Speed, so they'll outspeed Mew anyway. Out of the current UU list, the only Pokemon I see that outspeeds Musharna and not Mew is Deoxys-D, and Mew has issues with the former without Shadow Ball anyway. I guess you can say that Stored Power makes Musharna more prone to Taunt, but after a Calm Mind, it reaches a mediocre, but not truly horrendous BP of 60 that gets further boosted by STAB, and Musharna still has that +1 Special Attack to use alongside it too. As far as Toxic and phazing go, both Mew and Musharna are equally prone to them, so Mew really doesn't have an advantage there.

With this in mind, what really huge advantages does a bulky CM Mew have over Musharna? It is forced to run two move coverage to muscle through Pokemon, is equally prone to status and phazing, and though it fares better against Taunt, it is still relatively vulnerable to it. Mew is certainly faster, but without investment, it's still fairly slow. Musharna, on the other hand, can use one move coverage to eventually muscle through every Pokemon that isn't immune to it and can serve as a scout and team player with Baton Pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)