Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Can you mfs shut up about khu and make a discord group for the leaks or something.

Anyways wiglett. I hope wigtrio (or whatever the official name is) looks more eel-y. Maybe some small fins, it'd be really cute. Just dugtrio but white would be worse than just diglett with wigs (though the wigs are so stupid it endears me)
Meet in between and give them head fins that look lile a mohawk

Can you mfs shut up about khu and make a discord group for the leaks or something.
If I wanted to discuss stuff on Discord, I'd do so. I'm on a forum, so clearly, I want to discuss things on a forum and not an IRC client with pretensions.

Wiglett is cool. It'll be interesting to see what they do for the evo. The obvious thing is 3x it, but with convergent evolution, it would make a lot of sense if the evo is completely different from Dugtrio since they're not actually related.

That said, there's usually a BUNCH of good water-type mons, so Wiglett has to really deliver to earn a teamslot.

Is it me, or they changed Diglett's cry?
Also, no Arena Trap according to the website.
The games modulate the cries a little to add variation depending on the emotion being shown; it's typically only shown in pokemonamie/refresh/camp but you'll hear it out on the field osmetimes in LA and i think some of the wild areas.
It's slightly different at the start of the trailer when its skidish and hiding, but plays the normal cry when it appears to be talking with Wiglett

Wiglett has a trailer and official site entry now. It is pure Water-type with Gooey and Rattled.
https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-us/pokemon/wiglett/
That's an interesting selection of abilities. Notably, Rattled tends to "not stick" when a pokemon evolves, generally becoming "aggressive" abilities like Intimidate or Moxie, so I wonder if the evolution of Wiglett (assuming there's one, but I'm like 99.9% sure there will be) will actually be an aggressive looking pokemon as well.

Also interestingly enough, depending on the evolution stat, it could be a pretty interesting option competitively, since both Gooey and Rattled are basically speed control tools, and many contact-based sweepers and breakers could have their sweep interrupted istantly by a -1 in speed.

With this official reveal, we now have the French and German names of Wiglett, so I thought of having a look:

Diglett in French is Taupiqueur, a blend of taupe (mole) and piqueur (miner), whereas Wiglett's French name, Taupikeau is a combination of Taupiqueaur and eau (water). Both have really close pronunciations.

In German, we have Digda for Diglett (same as the Japanese name) and Schligda for Wiglett (from Schlick, meaning silt/mud, and Digda).

Tbh I'm a bit disappointed with the English name. It seems to be a misnomer, that is more appropriate for wig-wearing Alolan Diglett. :blobshrug:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)