Pokemon Platinum - (Uber Discussion Thread)

We all know that with the release of Pokemon Platinum many Pokemon have been exposed to a variety of new moves that some of them could not previously obtain. This also holds true to the Pokemon in the Uber tier who also recieved quite a few new additions. With so many new moves the Uber metagame is definitely going to change. What Pokemon do you think may drastically alter the tier? Which movesets do you think may become problematic?

Below is a list of every Pokemon currently considered Uber as well as the new moves that each of them now has access to through Pokemon Platinum.

Mewtwo

Icy Wind, ThunderPunch, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Zen Headbutt, Trick, Mud Slap, Aqua Tail, Signal Beam, Snore, Swift

Mew

Air Cutter, Dive, Fire Punch, Fury Cutter, Ice Punch, Icy Wind, Knock Off, Ominous Wind, Sucker Punch, Trick, ThunderPunch, Vaccuum Wave, Zen Headbutt, Helping Hand, Last Resort, Magnet Rise, Snore, Spite, Swift, Synthesis, Uproar, AncientPower, Aqua Tail, Bounce, Earth Power, Endeavor, Gastro Acid, Gunk Shot, Heat Wave, Iron Defense, Iron Head, Mud Slap, Outrage, Rollout, Signal Beam, Seed Bomb, Superpower, Twister
Wobbuffet

No new additions

Lugia

Mud Slap, Iron Head, Aqua Tail, Ancientpower, Signal Beam, Earth Power, Twister, Dive, Icy Wind, Ominous Wind, Air Cutter, Zen Headbutt, Trick, Snore, Swift

Ho-oh

Ominous Wind, Air Cutter, Zen Headbutt, Snore, Swift, Mud Slap, Iron Head, Ancientpower, Signal Beam, Earth Power, Twister, Heat Wave
Latias

Dive, Fury Cutter, Icy Wind, Zen Headbutt, Trick, Sucker Punch, Mud Slap, Outrage, Twister, Snore, Helping Hand, Last Resort, Swift

Latios

Dive, Fury Cutter, Icy Wind, Zen Headbutt, Trick, Mud Slap, Outrage, Twister, Snore, Helping Hand, Last Resort, Swift

Kyogre

Mud Slap, Iron Head, Aqua Tail, Ancientpower, Signal Beam, Dive, Icy Wind, Snore, Swift, Uproar

Groudon

Mud Slap, Rollout, Iron Head, Ancientpower, Earth Power, Fury Cutter, ThunderPunch, Fire Punch, Snore, Swift, Uproar

Rayquaza

Mud Slap, Iron Head, Aqua Tail, Outrage, AncientPower, Earth Power, Twister, Snore, Swift, Uproar, Dive, Fury Cutter, Icy Wind

Deoxys (All Forms)

Icy Wind, Ice Punch, ThunderPunch, Fire Punch, Zen Headbutt, Trick, Knock Off, Mud Slap, Signal Beam, Snore, Swift

Garchomp

Mud Slap, Iron Head, Aqua Tail, Outrage, Earth Power, Twister, Fury Cutter, Snore, Swift

Dialga

Fury Cutter, Mud Slap, Iron Head, Earth Power, Ancientpower, Iron Defense, Twister, Outrage, Snore, Magnet Rise, Swift
Palkia

Dive, Fury Cutter, Mud Slap, Aqua Tail, Outrage, Earth Power, Ancient Power, Twister, Snore, Swift

Giratina (All Forms)

Icy Wind, Air Cutter, Ominous Wind, Fury Cutter, Snore, Spite, Swift, Mud Slap, Iron Head, Aqua Tail, Outrage, Ancientpower, Earth Power, Twister, Spite
Manaphy

Dive, Icy Wind, Knock Off, Snore, Helping Hand, Last Resort, Swift, Uproar, Mud Slap, Ancientpower, Signal Beam, Bounce
Darkrai

Icy Wind, Ominous Wind, Trick, Knock Off, Sucker Punch, Mud Slap, Snore, Spite, Last Resort, Swift, Faint Attack, Nasty Plot

Arceus

Dive, Fury Cutter, Icy Wind, Ominous Wind, Zen Headbutt, Trick, Mud Slap, Iron Head, Aqua Tail, Outrage, Ancientpower, Signal Beam, Earth Power, Twister, Iron Defense, Heat Wave, Snore, Last Resort, Swift

Rules for this thread:

1: This is not a thread for simply posting new movesets. Obviously new movesets are going to be posted but I don't want to see anyone asking for help to make a new moveset or simply posting a moveset and asking for "how does this look" Use the "Creative moveset/EV spread" thread for anything like that.

2: This is not a place to discuss the movement of Pokemon from OU to Uber or vice versa. No one wants to hear your rants about how you may think Kyogre should be allowed in OU or how Salamence should be Uber.

If you break the rules of the thread then I will delete your post as well as infract you for making it.

Now that all of thats out of the way feel free to discuss.​

SD Last Resort Arceus would be funny!

But more seriously, Darkrai is just beast with Nasty Plot! It's good enough with Calm Mind, but it needed that to help?

And Lugia with Mud Slap COULD get highly infuriating.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
CM Lugia is no longer walled by Steels (esp. Jirachi) quite as easily now that it has access to Earth Power. I can see it actually being a viable set now, especially paired with something to get rid of Blissey.

I tried to use a CM Lugia before, and that damn Jirachi always stalled it out, but it didn't seem to have much trouble getting past anything else.

Helping Hand, Heat Wave, Synthesis, Icy Wind, Earth Power, and Sucker Punch for Mew? Seems like it would make it an even better catch for an Uber doubles team, especially a Sunny Day one.

I also find it funny how many Ubers get Icy Wind--easily a speed drop against both opponents--and Trick--Tricking a Choice Scarf on something seems to be a valid and highly infuriating tactic in doubles, at least in my experience. But, of course, I doubt anyone cares too much about that...

Nasty Plot Darkrai will obviously be the threat to watch out for as Nasty Plot, Dark Void, Dark Pulse, and HP Fighting, can take care of the whole metgame with relative ease in my eyes. Physical Attack Deoxys also got a lot more powerful with the addition of those Punches seeing how the metagame is weak physically (both offensive and defensive).

Mew just got a lot of new upgrades, and with Icy Wind and Trick running wild on every Pokemon Ubers just got a whole lot interesting.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Agreeing that Darkrai is completely amazing with Nasty Plot. It could possibly sweep easily with Nasty Plot / Dark Void / 2 Attacks. Also I think Trick Mewtwo is pretty cool. It makes it extremely unpredictable (even before Platinum it was semi-unpredictable). Trick could allow Mewtwo easy set-up which is always nice.

I also think DDLatios will be pretty interesting with the addition of Outrage.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Groudon really gets no love from Platinum. Dialga now has a way to neutralize Earthquake completely (Mew also), and Giratina Origin Form, stuck as it may be with Platinum Orb, also switches in on Earthquake with no qualms.

Unless Gravity Blissey starts becoming popular, I fear Groudon is going to take an even further plummet. On the other hand, now the Lati's and Lugia have Trick and might be able to get an Iron Orb onto something.

SpecsQuaza can now throw around Earth Power for Dialga, I suppose. Otherwise there isn't much that has fundamentally changed. Maybe you'll see Nasty Plot + Focus Blast over Substitute + Focus Punch on Darkrai, but otherwise it is still just a scary special sweeper.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I'm interested in Trick Lugia-it has the potential to run over its counters. Trick/Reflect/Roost?

Dialga's scary now. Magnet Rise eliminates Groudon from its counters. I'm dying to try out BU/Outrage/Magnet Rise/[Substitute/Rest].

Knock Off Manaphy can be funny. Knock off the Lati@s Soul Dew and let Kyogre sweep or something

Darkrai's threat level goes up with Nasty Plot now. However, it's not safe to say that Darkrai "will be so broken that it will be in Arceus tier", because it can still be revenge killed and is Countered by Kyogre (unless it has Thunder).

Okay now that those are done
Origin Giratina will noot be an inferior Another Giratina. Although it's hard I'm trying to find good sets and EV spreads that separate it from its counterpart. Do not underestimate this thing.

I may get into more later but seriously better be prepared for MRise/Outrage Dialga

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
I find funny the fact that Latias got Sucker Punch, yet Latios didn't.

Should Ho-Oh toy around with its 2 new physical toys (Zen Headbutt and Iron Head), or is it better off sticking to Return/Double-Edge?

Mewtwo's got some good physical shit! Oh.... Super Mixed set! I've gotta try that out... eventually.

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
Dialga probably gets the biggest boost with Magnet Rise here... it will still have problems trying to "sweep" but I can easily see it getting enough BUs to get Outrage to Ko at least 2 pokes.

Darkrai gets Nasty Plot yes but it is still running into the same problems as in the current Ubers metagame really. Scarfers, Mewtwo, and Deoxys-A still stop it's sweep. Nasty Plot does give Timid Darkrai with Life Orb to 2HKO Blissey with Focus Blast though, but it will need to hit twice of course.

I can't see too much else coming out except Origin Giratina might find a good set, Trick may end up being an effective gimmick, and things such as Outrage Palkia might catch some people off guard.

I don't see too much improvements personally, a good bit of the new moves gained either suck or are just transfers from Emerald. NP Darkrai of course is awesome, but I don't see much other sets undergoing a drastic change.

I don't really play Ubers, but it seems like Kyogre can really benefit from Signal beam if it has an open spot (seems good in Ubers with all the Psychics and whatnot)

Last Resort also seems viable on Darkrai

I don't really play Ubers, but it seems like Kyogre can really benefit from Signal beam if it has an open spot (seems good in Ubers with all the Psychics and whatnot)

Last Resort also seems viable on Darkrai
meh, why use non STAB signal beam when you have double STAB water spout to smash things with?

btw what's with everything in the game getting mud slap? worst tutor move in the game probably

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Darkrai: Yeah, how has no one brought up the possibility of physical Darkrai which apparently now has a STAB priority move (just think about that for a minute and you'll see how awesome that is in uber play). I'm intrigued by the prospect of it getting Sucker Punch as a physical STAB option. A fun set to play around with might be Sword Dance / Substitute / Focus Punch / Sucker Punch. I just thought of it now but that set looks like a pretty sweet anti-metagame set. I'd imagine that being pretty effective actually if you could predict well. Darkrai is already usually taken out by revenge killing it with something faster and priority STAB Sucker Punch just ruins that whole concept. I'm so trying that when it's out. I have to give the obligatory mention that Nasty Plot Darkrai is going to make uber stall much harder to play then it once was. A Nasty Plot / Dark Pulse / Focus Blast / Thunder (or Spacial Rend? Not sure about move legality since Spacial Rend was an event move iirc) set could be devastating. Obviously the style will adjust to account for it but right now it seems pretty scary. I don't think it's going to rampage ubers like everyone thinks it will (I think it will be amazing but you people are acting like Nasty Plot makes Darkrai unbeatable now). I seriously think the SD Sucker Punch set I mentioned could have some serious potential though.

Dialga: Magnet Rise + Bulk Up +Outrage could be epic, I really want to try that out. Looks like Groudon might have to carry Roar to beat Bulk Up Dialga now.

Mewtwo: Trick is, of course, interesting. It's such a seldom seen strategy in ubers and it might be interesting.

Mew: I don't play Doubles (no online simulator heh) but Trick + Helping Hand seems interesting.

Lugia: Earth Power is a cool addition. Make it harder for Jirachi and Heatran to wall it. Trick is always fun since it can really screw up some of its counters.

Latios: A gimmicky Dragon Dance + Outrage combo might be more effective now but it would still be inferior to Rayquaza. Makes it a bit more viable.

Not to derail the topic (and hopefully not get infracted by Maniac lol) but have there been any interesting additions to the non-uber Pokemons move pools who frequent in ubers (Jirachi, Bronzong, Celebi ...) that anyone has noted?

I'm very upset I passed up Jolly Darkrais, despite having 28 in both speed and attack >:(
I'm a little upset with Darkrai's failure to add vacuum vave - nasty plot vacuum wave could mean the end of the dialga reign.
Feel free to use a heart scale to get Nasty Plot, by the way XD. That should work.

Dialga - Crolga has been born - Bulk Up, Rest, Sleep Talk, Outrage. If I'm not mistaken, if sTalk brings up outrage, you aren't locked into it, nor does it cause confusion.

I think that we need to be wary of icy ind serene grace blissey and jirachi - I know that they aren't uber, but imagine Jirachi using Icy wind and lowering Quaza's speed, or Latias's speed? Just saying that we must be more careful, as these are not the only ones to get Icy wind, there will be a huge impact on it.

Uproar is also a move of note - no more resting :O . What will happen?

Obligatory, "wow at Dialga's Outrage and Darkrai's Nasty Plot."

On the other hand, CB Palkia just became even more scary with a strong STAB move unaffected by weather conditions.

Not to mention, Manaphy's additions allowing it to play some sort of bulky/annoying/supporter set. HydroRest is good enough, but Icy Wind and Knock Off are just fantastic support options. Imagine, this:

Opponent switched in Latios.
Manaphy used Icy Wind!
Latios' speed dropped.

Manaphy used Knock Off!
Latios used Thunder (it now fails to KO)!
Manaphy used Rest! (Rinse repeat)

In conjunction with Toxic (and Dive/Bounce if you're into that) this could give Manaphy a little versatility for a Stall set.

Mewtwo

Icy Wind, ThunderPunch, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Zen Headbutt, Trick, Mud Slap, Aqua Tail, Signal Beam, Snore, Swift
Physical Mewtwo just got a new STAB to play with in Zen Headbutt. 'course, Psychic's a crappy move to use in Ubers anyway. Trick si always a useful move that could potentially cripple your opponent. aqua Tail.... guess it's somethign to use in Rain.

Mew

Air Cutter, Dive, Fire Punch, Fury Cutter, Ice Punch, Icy Wind, Knock Off, Ominous Wind, Sucker Punch, Trick, ThunderPunch, Vaccuum Wave, Zen Headbutt, Helping Hand, Last Resort, Magnet Rise, Snore, Spite, Swift, Synthesis, Uproar, AncientPower, Aqua Tail, Bounce, Earth Power, Endeavor, Gastro Acid, Gunk Shot, Heat Wave, Iron Defense, Iron Head, Mud Slap, Outrage, Rollout, Signal Beam, Seed Bomb, Superpower, Twister​

Trick and Knock Off seem to be the only really notable ones at first glance. Trick Mew could see some play, though there isn't much Mew can't do with Trick that Mewtwo can't off the top of my head. Synthesis may give it some Synergy with Groudon, and even then, it can still run Roost or Softboiled or Recover on top of it should the weather get changed.

Endeavor is one that might see a lot of use. Sub Down to 1HP, Activate the Salac Berry, Endeavor, and if you can, use your newly-acquired Vacuum Wave or Sucker Punch.

Aqua Tail might help its synnergy with Kyogre, but really, there are better Pokemon for it. Signal Beam and Superpower on top of Vacuum Wave will make Darkrai think twice before easily switching in on Mewtwo.

Wobbuffet

No new additions
Well fine then, no comment from me then. GAWD.

Lugia

Mud Slap, Iron Head, Aqua Tail, Ancientpower, Signal Beam, Earth Power, Twister, Dive, Icy Wind, Ominous Wind, Air Cutter, Zen Headbutt, Trick, Snore, Swift
Every freaking Psychic Pokemon got Trick. As it's been said Before, Earth Power will make some Steel Pokemon think twice before switching into Lugia.

Ho-oh

Ominous Wind, Air Cutter, Zen Headbutt, Snore, Swift, Mud Slap, Iron Head, Ancientpower, Signal Beam, Earth Power, Twister, Heat Wave.
Can't really see any notable additions to its physical movepool off the top of my head. I guess Earth Power would be an okay addition to its Special Movepool though.

Latias

Dive, Fury Cutter, Icy Wind, Zen Headbutt, Trick, Sucker Punch, Mud Slap, Outrage, Twister, Snore, Helping Hand, Last Resort, Swift
Can't really see anything of note. Latias can't really utilize her physical movepool movepool in Ubers, just not really viable. Not to mention Latias likes her Soul Dew, so Trick isn't really that great of an option when Latias has better things to do.

Latios

Dive, Fury Cutter, Icy Wind, Zen Headbutt, Trick, Mud Slap, Outrage, Twister, Snore, Helping Hand, Last Resort, Swift
Latios, however, CAN viably pull off a physical moveset, so Outrage is a huge benefit.

Kyogre

Mud Slap, Iron Head, Aqua Tail, Ancientpower, Signal Beam, Dive, Icy Wind, Snore, Swift, Uproar
Can't really see anything of note there. It already learned Aqua Tail, and it already hits most everything hard with Surf/Water Spout/Ice Beam/Thunder. No notable additions, except maybe Dive if you're looking to pull off a Stallish moveset.

Groudon

Mud Slap, Rollout, Iron Head, Ancientpower, Earth Power, Fury Cutter, ThunderPunch, Fire Punch, Snore, Swift, Uproar
As far as I know, it already had the Elemental punches from emerald. Nothing really of note. Ancientpower and Earth Power help its Special Movepool out, but Groudon can't really run any really viaable Special sets in Ubers since there are so many better Special Attack users. Except maybe the occassional Fire Blast.

Mud Slap, Iron Head, Aqua Tail, Outrage, AncientPower, Earth Power, Twister, Snore, Swift, Uproar, Dive, Fury Cutter, Icy Wind.
Again, Rayqauza hits most everything hard with Outrage/Fire Blast/Earthquake/Extremespeed in Ubers. The only notable thigns are Ancientpower an dEarth Power for its special Movepool, and again, Draco Meteor already hits most everything very hard.

Deoxys (All Forms)

Icy Wind, Ice Punch, ThunderPunch, Fire Punch, Zen Headbutt, Trick, Knock Off, Mud Slap, Signal Beam, Snore, Swift
Trick's the only notable move Deoxys learns that it didn't know already. It already learned the Elemental punches and Knock Off. The only reason to use Signal Beam is Darkrai, and that's only on Special-Only sets since it already has the superior Superpower.

Garchomp

Mud Slap, Iron Head, Aqua Tail, Outrage, Earth Power, Twister, Fury Cutter, Snore, Swift
Bah, Outrage/Fire Fang/Earthquake/Depends on set. Already nothing walls set safetly, and none of those additions really add anything to Garchomp.

Dialga

Fury Cutter, Mud Slap, Iron Head, Earth Power, Ancientpower, Iron Defense, Twister, Outrage, Snore, Magnet Rise, Swift
w00t, Outrage is a godsend for physical Dialga sets. And now with Magnet Rise, Dialga can make it so that its only weakness is the seldomly-used-in-Ubers Fighting for 5 turns. 'course, there's also still the option of just hitting it really really hard. Iron Defense is alright, but Bulky Up really is mostly all-around superior.

Palkia

Dive, Fury Cutter, Mud Slap, Aqua Tail, Outrage, Earth Power, Ancient Power, Twister, Snore, Swift
Again, have no idea why you would want to use Dive outside of maybe a Stallish set. And remember guys, Palkia's base Attack stat is equal to Dialga's base Attack stat, and it can Bulk Up as well.

Giratina (All Forms)

Icy Wind, Air Cutter, Ominous Wind, Fury Cutter, Snore, Spite, Swift, Mud Slap, Iron Head, Aqua Tail, Outrage, Ancientpower, Earth Power, Twister
Meh, Outrage is the only real notable one. It already hits Lugia harder with Shadow Ball than Ancientpower, and nothing's really hit that hard by Earth Power in Ubers that aren't already hit harder by Dragon Pulse/Shadow Ball.

Manaphy

Dive, Icy Wind, Knock Off, Snore, Helping Hand, Last Resort, Swift, Uproar, Mud Slap, Ancientpower, Signal Beam, Bounce

Again, Dive will probably be for more Stallish sets. Knock Off is always good. Ancientpower doesn't really help since there really isn't anything that Surf/Ice Beam/filler can't hurt harder. Signal Beam may be its strongest move against Mewtwo, Mew, Darkrai, and Deoxys, but it hits all of them harder with Surf in Rain anyway, and if you're using Manaphy, you're most likely using him in Rain.

Icy Wind, Ominous Wind, Trick, Knock Off, Sucker Punch, Mud Slap, Snore, Spite, Last Resort, Swift, Faint Attack, Nasty Plot
Darkrai got a huge boost. Trick and Knock Off are always good. STAB Sucker Punch is also appealing on Physical sets. It'll be a good weapon to use against Normal, Attack, and Speed Deoxyses. Of course, though, as it's been said before, Nasty Plot is its mother of all gifts to Darkrai, and will definitely shoots its usage rating almost through the roof, since it's now the fastest Pokemon with Nasty Plot and its STAB attack is perfectly suited for Ubers.

Arceus

Dive
, Fury Cutter, Icy Wind, Ominous Wind, Zen Headbutt, Trick, Mud Slap, Iron Head, Aqua Tail, Outrage, Ancientpower, Signal Beam, Earth Power, Twister, Iron Defense, Heat Wave, Snore, Last Resort, Swift​

Again, Trick is always good. Dive = Stallish movesets. Last Resort may see some fun uses. Outrage and Aqua Tail are excellent additions to its physical movepool. The Special moves are rather ignorable, though. Ancientpower? It already got Ice Beam. Signal Beam? Judgement is stronger the majority of the time as long as they don't resist it.

A few hits, but a lot of misses. IMO, Platinum brought too many Trick and Knock Off users to the table.

I guess my Endeavor Mew would look something like this:

Mew@Salac Berry
Jolly/Timid
252 Speed/252 Atk or Special Attack (depending on the Nature)
HP IV: 3.
-Substitute
-Endeavor
-Taunt
-Sucker Punch (if Jolly)/Vacuum Wave (if Timid and not worried about)//Seismic Toss (if you aren't worried about Giratina)

HP IV at 3 in case you run up against a potential Taunt user and forced to Endeavor early, you want to have as low HP as possible, and an HP IV of 3 will still leave you with 1 HP after 4 Substitutes. Taunt to prevent Lugia from ruining your fun and PHazing you.

Switch it in on something Mew is faster than and doesn't carry a Priority move. Ideally, they'll switch out to something faster than Mew like Darkrai. Substitute on the switch. Sub Down to 1 HP, Salac will activate, and now you'll be behind a sub and faster than Darkrai. Endeavor, and he'll break your sub. Vaccuum Wave/Sucker Punch after.

Like Endeavor Smeargle only faster.

Deck Knight

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm very upset I passed up Jolly Darkrais, despite having 28 in both speed and attack >:(
I'm a little upset with Darkrai's failure to add vacuum vave - nasty plot vacuum wave could mean the end of the dialga reign.
Feel free to use a heart scale to get Nasty Plot, by the way XD. That should work.

Dialga - Crolga has been born - Bulk Up, Rest, Sleep Talk, Outrage. If I'm not mistaken, if sTalk brings up outrage, you aren't locked into it, nor does it cause confusion.

I think that we need to be wary of icy ind serene grace blissey and jirachi - I know that they aren't uber, but imagine Jirachi using Icy wind and lowering Quaza's speed, or Latias's speed? Just saying that we must be more careful, as these are not the only ones to get Icy wind, there will be a huge impact on it.

Uproar is also a move of note - no more resting :O . What will happen?
Icy Wind has a 100% chance to lower speed, which is why even though it is weak, it can still be viable on anyone bold enough to use it. I see why Jirachi benefits from this since it can flinch anything slower, but I'm not getting how it helps Serene Grace Bloss.

Uproar is a terrible, terrible move. It locks you into a pathetically weak attack for 2-5 rounds, and I'm pretty sure you can't switch out of it either.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Deoxys also already knew focus blst for darkrai. Well, then again at least with signal beam even if a psychic type swithes in it still hits super effective.

if Garchomp wasn't uber it could have a viable specs set for OU Earth power draco meteor/dragon pulse fire blast/filler

Deck Knight

Also, I think you missed a rather important move for Giratina: Spite.

PP Killer Giratina.

Giratina (Another Form) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Impish
252 HP/248 Defense/ 12 SpD
~ Substitute
~ Spite
~ Roar
~ Dragon Claw

A rework of the anti-Arceus set, but the idea is fairly simple, set up a Sub to absorb their attack, then Spite away their PP. You could alternatively use Protect, but Sub stops Blissey from doing anything productive to you. Roar to phaze things out, and Dragon Claw so that Taunt doesn't ruin you.

With so many Low PP moves, Spite Giratina can set up a foe to be unable to counter your opponents pokemon. Having to spend 2 PP just to get around Giratina's Sub is bad enough, but when it can Spite away 2-5 more PP and then switch out, it gets ugly pretty fast, even in a realm of Maxed PP.

Not to derail the topic (and hopefully not get infracted by Maniac lol) but have there been any interesting additions to the non-uber Pokemons move pools who frequent in ubers (Jirachi, Bronzong, Celebi ...) that anyone has noted?
Well here is one that I’ve been paying particular attention to:

Scizor: Fury Cutter, Ominous Wind, Knock Off, Snore, Swift, Superpower, Iron Head, Iron Defense, Bullet Punch

Knock Off, as mentioned before, could be a useful support addition to Scizor's movepool for weakening certain threats such as Latis, Specs/Scarf Kyogre/Heatran etc, although it gives Origin Giratina a free switch-in.
(Btw, how does it work against Sash Shedinja? Does it OHKO or 2HKO?)

What I'm more interested in however is the new offensive additions that it has now, particularly Superpower and Bullet Punch. Perhaps a SD set is more viable now, and Outrage/Bulk Up Dialga could be exploited as setup bait. A max attack, Adamant, Iron Plate +2 Scizor always OHKOs 4/0 HP/Def Darkrai, and can also KO many others such as Latias and Rayquaza with Stealth Rock support. Would probably need Screen support from Deoxys-S also, but it looks like an intriguing new threat nonetheless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)