Other ORAS Good Cores

Status
Not open for further replies.
going with a tried and true classic core thats been around since day one of XY:

Rotom-W + Landorus-T + Greninja

Ok so the reason why Im posting this is because 1). It is extremely effective in the Metagame, and 2). This is a core that has been battle-hardened since the days of BW (with ninja being replaced by something else, ofc). Anyways, the whole point of this core is for Lando and Rotom to provide VoltTurn support to get Greninja into the battle safely, seeing as he has the defenses of a wet paper bag. Once inside though, hes a threat. As we all know, Greninja got a gem in ORAS in the form of Gunk Shot, which turned his former Fairy-type checks into liabilities. Aside from that, Greninja also has STAB everything to wreck havoc on opposing teams. The roles of Lando and Rotom boil down to switching into things that Greninja cant kill, and getting Greninja in safely. Its really self explanatory and this core just plays itself once you get a feel for it.

Additionally, good ways to use this are on offensively oriented balance teams and bulky offense teams, as the VoltTurn core provided by Rotom and Lando help to preserve momentum throughout the match. Also, Greninja can really be replaced with any hard hitter, like Mega Gardevoir or Mega Gallade, but I chose Greninja specifically because it doesnt tie you down to a specific Mega and is still a very potent threat in today's metagame.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 Def / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

OR

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Lefotvers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Spikes
I swear half my teams are basically ^ that . Really effective core.

mega-sharpedo.png
Goth.png
Azu.png

This offensive core simply works wonders in this metagame. Sharpedo and Azumarill overwhelm opposing teams because they share some similar walls, but the two also have fantastic offensive synergy, which can be attributed to the nearly unresisted dark + fairy combination. Azumarill excellently performs the role of breaking the opponent's team for Sharpedo to clean up by damaging Ferrothorn, Rotom-W, Skarmory, and others. It also checks pokemon like Keldeo, Conkeldurr, and anything else that Sharpedo struggles with. Gothitelle's role is trapping and killing many of the walls to this core, including some of the aforementioned ones as well as Alomomola and Venusaur. As far as sets go, a few in particular work best for this core. A Choice Band on Azumarill generally works best, as you get the most immediate and reliable breaking power. The first 3 moves are obvious and Superpower can also be used in the last slot over Knock Off. For Gothitelle, the item really is up to the rest of the team but Thunderbolt and HP Fire are mandatory for disposing of bulky waters and Ferrothorn/Scizor. Sharpedo needs Protect to get a speed boost, and dual STABs for obvious reasons. Aqua Jet can be used to bypass opposing priority as well as weakened scarfers that still outspeed Sharpedo at +1; Poison Jab allows Sharpedo to hit fairies that otherwise hard-wall it; Zen Headbutt can be used to hit the Venusaur and fighting types that give Sharpedo trouble.

Sharpedo (M) @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch
- Waterfall

Gothitelle (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 32 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Trick
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Azumarill (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Last edited:

napty

Banned deucer.

We all know how threatening Bisharp is at +2. Celebi is a great partner for it as it allows Bisharp to setup quite easily; indeed, Celebi has access to Substitute and Baton Pass and with its bulk it's one of the more reliable Pokemon to do this job. Not only that, but also, the things that Celebi brings on the field can't break its Sub and then Bisharp can often sweep.

Replays:
- http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-187836703
- http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-187839762
- http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-187841201
- http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-187845550
- http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-187921294

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 146 SpD / 110 Spe
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Last edited:

Pretty cool offensive core that performs exceptionally well vs Balance, as there isnt a mon that can consistently switch into these two without taking hefty punishment. Even Altaria+Skarm Stall cores get bopped by Conk alone, leaving room for Sharpedo to put in work. The two also have decent defensive synergy, as Conk can switch into U-Turns for Pedo, while Pedo can switch into potential Psyshocks. Extremely offensively based Conk variant>AV so that it can fuck up its common counters and dent hard for Shark. Spe allows me to outrun Skarms and hit them with ThunderPunch thinking they can Roost and outstall me (not really since Drain Punch does a clean chunk) Conk lures Skarm / Azu / Clef, and removes them with the appropriate coverage move. Sharpedo has that much of an easier time sweeping with these mons heavily weakened/eliminated. Sharpedo destroys bulky Psychics for Conk (Mew/ Goth/ SlowBro/Metagross/ Latis) and whatever else you cant immediately kill with D-Bond. I like Taunt because it allows me to beat Sableye 1v1, whos a huge pain otherwise. Since this core is very weak to Bird Spam & Gallade, I would pair it with Rotom-W and/or Scarf Lando-T.

Conkeldurr @ Expert Belt
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Taunt / Protect
- Destiny Bond

252+ Atk Expert Belt Sheer Force Conkeldurr Poison Jab vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 379-449 (94 - 111.4%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

LOL. Counter?

252+ Atk Expert Belt Sheer Force Conkeldurr Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 278-329 (70.5 - 83.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Expert Belt Sheer Force Conkeldurr Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 170-202 (50.8 - 60.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Expert Belt Sheer Force Conkeldurr Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 202-238 (51.2 - 60.4%) -- 91% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

-1 252+ Atk Expert Belt Sheer Force Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-T: 307-365 (80.3 - 95.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Expert Belt Sheer Force Conkeldurr Poison Jab vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Altaria: 214-252 (60.6 - 71.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Expert Belt Sheer Force Conkeldurr Poison Jab vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Altaria: 290-343 (82.1 - 97.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Poison Jab vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Altaria: 315-372 (89.2 - 105.3%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

Although this is nice, I'd rather not reveal that I'm an SF variant. Then they wont be scared to go for Wisps with Rotom etc

Last edited:
^ I literally thought of this core yesterday, but thought I had done enough sharpedo raving lately. XD

But anyway I think I have the best offensive core atm. and here it is:

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Tailwind
- Outrage
- Flare Blitz

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog
- Draco Meteor

So this isnt a creative core, this is an effective core. With the fall of salamence I have found this to be an amazing way to just destroy all styles of teams. I made a post about the charx set in the ORAS metagame discussion thread so Ill smmarize here. This set utilizes the benefits charx has over altaris, as I believe altarias to be a better bulky dder, tailwind allows charx to destroy offense, while SD allows him to destroy stall. Now enter latias, charx can break early game and then later lati can healing wish him back up against something and he can choose which setup move would allow him to sweep. Its very simple, very effective. The evs and latias set are subject to change, although I cant think of what they would be. But yeah use this core let me know what you think, and enjoy!.

So this was a sorta silly fun core I had been messing with since early ORAS:

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Sp Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid
- Leaf Storm/ Substitute / Hidden Power Fire
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock

Are the sets revolutionary? Not in the slightest but these two are some of my favorite mons and their versatility together is pretty fun. Rhyperior is one of the more universal birdspam counters and guess who is just happens to be weak to that? Besides from that obviousness, Sceptile enjoys Rhyperior's company as it is an easy Rotom lure, giving oppurtunities for free switchins (even on some HP Ice variants if not yet mega'd) and a possible Lightning Rod boosts (not that it would be wise to be freely volting with Scept waiting in the wings).

Besides a few other fun things like serving as a ground resist that has some recovery, the two guys just enjoy each others company alot between hard hitting physical and special attackers (and covering what the other hates) the core sadly does have a few flaws. The Ice weakness is an annoyance, especially Mamoswine as it must be fought carefully as Rhyperior can win (but rather not risk it) and be best to have team mates help cover these holes. Then as pointed out Scizor can give these two hell so something teamed alongside these two to handle him would be appreciated ( Lando-T, Rotom-W,). I usually find set up sweepers enjoy the company of these two, as the twave absorbtion and birdspam stop help fight back some common methods of fighting gainst set up mons.

They aren't the likelist of duos, but are two who do benefit increasingly well from existing on the same team i often find.

Last edited:
So this was a sorta silly fun core I had been messing with since early ORAS:

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
EVs: 252 Sp Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock

Are the sets revolutionary? Not in the slightest but these two are some of my favorite mons and their versatility together is pretty fun. Rhyperior is one of the more universal birdspam counters and guess who is just happens to be weak to that? Besides from that obviousness, Sceptile enjoys Rhyperior's company as it is an easy Rotom lure, giving oppurtunities for free switchins (even on some HP Ice variants if not yet mega'd) and a possible Lightning Rod boosts (not that it would be wise to be freely volting with Scept waiting in the wings).

Besides a few other fun things like serving as a ground resist that has some recovery, the two guys just enjoy each others company alot between hard hitting physical and special attackers (and covering what the other hates) the core sadly does have a few flaws. The Ice weakness is an annoyance, especially Mamoswine as it must be fought carefully as Rhyperior can win (but rather not risk it) and be best to have team mates help cover these holes. I usually find set up sweepers enjoy the company of these two, as the twave absorbtion and birdspam stop help fight back some common methods of fighting gainst set up mons.

They aren't the likelist of duos, but are two who do benefit increasingly well from existing on the same team i often find.
Id recommend putting substitute>leaf storm, especially if you are going to be making double switches into rotom-w as that would be a free sub, whereas you would have to predict what they would switch into. It is just overall a better move to have, but if you absolutely wanted to run 4 attacks then it would definitely be better to run hp fire over leaf storm, because scizor can give this core problems as well. Anyway you could pick one of those two and I think it will work better.

Id recommend putting substitute>leaf storm, especially if you are going to be making double switches into rotom-w as that would be a free sub, whereas you would have to predict what they would switch into. It is just overall a better move to have, but if you absolutely wanted to run 4 attacks then it would definitely be better to run hp fire over leaf storm, because scizor can give this core problems as well. Anyway you could pick one of those two and I think it will work better.
Eh, i never really liked the sub on Scept (and HP Fire equivalents). And I guess i blanked on how i handle Scizor as it sorta escaped me there. I'll edit those options for those who wouldn't mind them doing having those moves.

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 156 SpD / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Yeah, basically a classic core. They have a good typing synergy, Beedrill-Mega cover Grass weakness (altrough it can't comes in xD) and Rotom-W cover Flying and Fire weakness. Beedrill is really vulnerable to priority, this is why Rotom-W is here. It can takes Brave Birds from Talonflame, Bullet Punch from Metagross-Mega and Scizor (-Mega), Aqua Jet from Azumarill, etc... Indeed, Rotom-W counters Landorus-T, Scarf or not. Clefable like to comes into Rotom-W, but Rotom-W can Volt Switching out and offer the opportunity to Beedrill-Mega to mega-evolve. They also forms a nice VoltTurn core. But this core has flaws. Everything who is a counter to Rotom-W are a threat to this core like the Lati twins or Ferrothorn. Ok, Ferrothorn is a nuisance to this core, but Rotom-W can wear down with WoW and Beedrill-Mega with U-turn, offering the opportunity to a mon like Landorus-T to clean up. For another partners, they must have a EH remover.

I don't have replays atm :[

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 156 SpD / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Yeah, basically a classic core. They have a good typing synergy, Beedrill-Mega cover Grass weakness (altrough it can't comes in xD) and Rotom-W cover Flying and Fire weakness. Beedrill is really vulnerable to priority, this is why Rotom-W is here. It can takes Brave Birds from Talonflame, Bullet Punch from Metagross-Mega and Scizor (-Mega), Aqua Jet from Azumarill, etc... Indeed, Rotom-W counters Landorus-T, Scarf or not. Clefable like to comes into Rotom-W, but Rotom-W can Volt Switching out and offer the opportunity to Beedrill-Mega to mega-evolve. They also forms a nice VoltTurn core. But this core has flaws. Everything who is a counter to Rotom-W are a threat to this core like the Lati twins or Ferrothorn. Ok, Ferrothorn is a nuisance to this core, but Rotom-W can wear down with WoW and Beedrill-Mega with U-turn, offering the opportunity to a mon like Landorus-T to clean up. For another partners, they must have a EH remover.

I don't have replays atm :[
I would slash knock off with drill run on Beedrill because it can help with pokemon that swap in like Skarmory and Ferrothorn knocking off their shed shell. Magneton/Zone are also very good partners to abuse this so I feel like you should give them a mention aswell.

Oh yeah, I forgotten to slash things like Jolly / Adament or Drill Run / Knock Off because i use this set in my team. Anyway, I edit when i have time n_n.

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus

this core is exceptional in the current meta, this core has PERFECT type + offensive synergy and deals with any playstyle between themselves. the greninja used in this core is the standard one for xy, so im not running gunk shot/low kick but i guess both can be used, metagross is just a simple rock polish set and is excellent vs offense and a great late game cleaner, landorus is a cm set and basically eats stall for breakfest therefor making this core extremely hard to face. this core can fit on both bulky offense and hyper offense and is easy to build around because off it's perfect type synergy between 3 pokemon. any fast pokemon that can outspeed and ohko the members on the team and threathens the core (which is a handfull off pokemon) so having a scarfer is an absolute must. i am not sure how optimal the metagross spread is, but feel free to change it up if theres a better one.

replays will be edited in when i have time for it.
Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 160 HP / 248 Atk / 4 SpD / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Rock Polish

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Psychic/Sludge Wave/Hidden Power [Ice]/Knock Off
- Calm Mind

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

^ I literally thought of this core yesterday, but thought I had done enough sharpedo raving lately. XD

But anyway I think I have the best offensive core atm. and here it is:

Ability: Blaze
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Tailwind
- Outrage
- Flare Blitz

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog
- Draco Meteor

So this isnt a creative core, this is an effective core. With the fall of salamence I have found this to be an amazing way to just destroy all styles of teams. I made a post about the charx set in the ORAS metagame discussion thread so Ill smmarize here. This set utilizes the benefits charx has over altaris, as I believe altarias to be a better bulky dder, tailwind allows charx to destroy offense, while SD allows him to destroy stall. Now enter latias, charx can break early game and then later lati can healing wish him back up against something and he can choose which setup move would allow him to sweep. Its very simple, very effective. The evs and latias set are subject to change, although I cant think of what they would be. But yeah use this core let me know what you think, and enjoy!.
Okay I know this is old *shudders* but I noticed nobody sent you replays of your set and so out of boredom I went ahead and tried it out.

I gave ZardX 252Atk and 200Spe, dumped the rest into HP. I even tried out the original DD set with the same spread and both actually worked EXTREMELY well.
Now these aren't my best battles by any means, but some of the things I did were done just to show off the Duo rather than my whole team.
I feel as if the extra HP helped and the +2Atk and Spe were fucking awesome for sweeping, nothing stood in my way. The enemy players weren't the greatest either, but it still shows how they perform.
By the way, even Azumarill suffers from a +2 Flare Blitz, just saying. I'm definitely loving your set MegaScizor and I plan to use more of it, and see what teammates I do and don't need.

PS: One Both players quit. Sore losers I guess.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-188748868
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-188743709

Again, not the best since I kinda just wanted to show off these two Pokemon working in tandem with one another (and to show you pricks that think the DD set has lost viability that you're wrong.)

Keep the sets coming!

Last edited:

MANNAT

https://spo.ink/aq7
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This is a FWG core that I've found to be very good.

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Rock] / [Fire]

Gyarados @ Leftovers
EVs: 88 HP / 192 Atk / 4 Def / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk

This is an excellent FWG core that I've been using lately around mega Septile. Since mega Sceptile takes out buly waters, electric types, and the rotom forms except for roto-f. So, I got Talonflame and Gyarados, who can sweep after these threats are taken care of. Stealth rock support is basically manditory for this core. The two biggest threats to sceptile are Mamoswine and Weavile. Gyarados can take repeated hits from Mamoswine after intimidate, and OHKO with STAB waterfall. Also, Weavile is OHKO'd by talonflame's priority Brave Bird after rocks break his focus sash. If all bulky electric and water types on the opposing team are defeated, then that clears the way for Gyarados and Talonflame to sweep.

Last edited:
On talonflame's set, why run jolly over adamant. Adamant is standard, and gives it so much extra power that it really needs, and the main move it'll be spamming is probably brave bird anyways. Also, on sceptile's set, why run HP fire or rock? HP fire hits ferrothorn as hard as focus blast hits, and the only mon it hits harder than focus blast is scizor, and if choice banded, you wouldn't want to stay in on it anyways. HP rock doesn't make lots of sense to me, it only hits talonflame on the switch, and the rare shedninja. I would probably run substitute or leaf storm in the last set.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I agree with firehusky, but would like to point out that Banded Scizor isn't super common and I'm pretty sure Sceptile can tank an unboosted BP at least once (or just Sub as Scizor comes in and kill it without any prediction required). Focus Blast and HP Fire should never be run together and should be slashed since they have some overlap in what they hit, while HP Rock is pretty useless.

Banded Talonflame should never be running Jolly because the speed doesn't stop Raikou and Thundurus from checking if you're locked into Brave Bird, plus you need as much power as you can get.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Also, change sleep talk to tailwind on talonflame. The only common mon sleeping shit atm is breloom, and grass moves are beaten by sceptile, so it would be much more useful to have some nice tailwind support

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Body Slam / Thunder Wave
- U-turn

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Flamethrower

Balanced core. Jirachi and Mega Altaria cover a lot of threats together with their typings alone, and between them a lot of roles of a balanced team are fulfilled. Jirachi provides wish support and paralysis, and takes on Latis, Greninja lacking Dark Pulse, Mega Sceptile, and a whole bunch of others. Altaria excels at taking Knock Off and status moves. It also resists Volt Switch and U-turn, which is a plus. Flamethrower is nice for taking on Ferro, which walls this core otherwise, but you could also go for Return+Earthquake which deals with Heatran instead, as well as getting a slightly more powerful neutral attack. Recommended as teammates are stallbreakers, and Stealth Rock/Knock off users so that Jirachi and Altaria can whittle down the opposition slowly. This core tends to stay alive rather long when played well, and should be able to outlast most other cores. Also, for teammates, try to abuse Jirachi's wishes; bulky pokemon without reliable recovery are plentiful in OU. Rotom-W would be an excellent partner, for example.

This is similar to an earlier post made by another contributor, but I included Scolipede as it offers a chance for Charizard to set up, without setting up, ya dig? I thought of this set earlier and it's treated me quite well after a few tests. It might sound a little gimmicky at first, but I don't really think it is. If you use these three correctly your opponent is fucked. Just make sure your hazards are gone and all of that good stuff. This set really works for any team because as long as you choose your other three Pokemon wisely and they can at least take on both Charizard and Scolipede's walls. Try it out yourself, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Thunderbolt / Defog

A very capable Special Attacker. You can run Defog or Thunderbolt, it honestly just depends on what truly benefits the rest of your team. Psyshock and Draco Meteor are your hard hitting STABs while Healing Wish is there to revive your Charizard that may have been weakened earlier in battle, allowing him to set up and sweep once more.

Scolipede @ Black Sludge
Jolly Nature
- Pin Missile
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance

Used as the Baton Passer. Substitute for a quick Speed Boost and then Swords Dance, if you can handle yourself add another Swords Dance. However, even if you remotely question whether or not you can take another hit, just Baton Pass over to Charizard (if it's safe, obviously.) Pin Missile is there in case something happens to Charizard or for some stupid reason the enemy uses something that's weak to Bug and you can pop off some damage. EVs are used to maximize the potential of Scolipede going first and getting off both a Substitute and a Swords Dance.

Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Dragon Dance / Thunder Punch
- Earthquake / Roost

The heavy hitter. Used after a Baton Pass to sweep the shit out of the other team. Make sure all possible hazards for this Pokemon have been cleared before going in so you can get off some of the needed Flare Blitzes. Once the walls are down, Speed Boost Scolipede with a single Swords Dance will suffice and after that watch your enemy crumble. The EVs are used to add some extra bulk and you should be at at least +2 Atk & Spe by the time you send this wrecking ball out. If you can get off even more boosts you're virtually unwallable to all Pokemon in the metagame. Dragon Dance is there so you can set up again with a Healing Wish from Latias, and in case you have no opportunities left due to a mistake or whatever and you can't set up with it. Better safe than sorry. However you can run Thunder Punch to literally obliterate every one of its counters, but if something happens to your Scolipede, you may wish you had a Dragon Dance ready. You can run Roost over Earthquake so you can land some more Flare Blitzes and add to longevity but I'd recommend running Earthquake as you should only send Charizard out after its threats have been handled. Outrage adds tons of power but locks you in and could end your sweep prematurely if the enemy has a trick up their sleeve. I wouldn't recommend going Jolly as you're going to be at +2 anyway.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-189476752
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-189478555
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-189484332

Last edited:

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
I think that you have a really cool core, but I would love to see you take the oppurtunity given by not having to run DD on zardX to run a better move to beat some of its normal counters, even those on stall teams (rypherior and quagsire) with maybe grass knot or eq/ice punch (mega alt)? I haven't taken the time to try it yet, but maybe you can beat some of its more standard counters/checks by going mixed and running a move to beat its common mons (which could easily pave the way for a similar setup cleaner).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)