Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

Ogrepon's is the worst because you're almost never going to see it. In battle the face is covered by the mask! Even Marshadow's is more visible just because it's going to attack and cause the flames to shoot flare in the new color.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ogrepon's is the worst because you're almost never going to see it. In battle the face is covered by the mask! Even Marshadow's is more visible just because it's going to attack and cause the flames to shoot flare in the new color.
You’re obsessed with the marks! Ogerpon’s true beauty lies beyond that, as I, her old master, Carmine and Kieran have realised.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
girl take off the mask then!!
Well as far as I’m aware originally the masks were worn for self preservation (and also ended up giving it up - whether intentionally or not). She follows us around in Kitakami w/o the Mask even after its repaired, I assume she’d do the same in Picnics. Is just her battle face!

I'm not sure how easy this is to answer, but for those with Scarlet and the DLC, have you come across many/any Gliscor raids?

One of my favorite mons, but I'm on Violet so I've been cruising the online raids but no luck so far. I was able to trade for a Gligar, but I'm not sure how many Razor Fangs are available in a given save file if I want to have multiple builds.

I'm not sure how easy this is to answer, but for those with Scarlet and the DLC, have you come across many/any Gliscor raids?

One of my favorite mons, but I'm on Violet so I've been cruising the online raids but no luck so far. I was able to trade for a Gligar, but I'm not sure how many Razor Fangs are available in a given save file if I want to have multiple builds.
Yeah I've seen a few Gliscor raids. The Kitakami raid pool is much smaller than the Paldean main land so it probably won't be too uncommon in the grand scheme.

You get one free Razor Fang out of dex completion and there's another somewhere in Kitakami. If you want more you have to beat Ogre Oustin and hope it drops.

Yeah I've seen a few Gliscor raids. The Kitakami raid pool is much smaller than the Paldean main land so it probably won't be too uncommon in the grand scheme.

You get one free Razor Fang out of dex completion and there's another somewhere in Kitakami. If you want more you have to beat Ogre Oustin and hope it drops.
I don't know why they didn't add Razor Fangs to the inventory of the shops that sell the other evolution items.

I don't know why they didn't add Razor Fangs to the inventory of the shops that sell the other evolution items.
Because they want you to play Ogre Oustin, I assume. All the new/returning options (except for the syrupy apple) are there.

Guess they saw it as equivalent to the auctions (which only got the Gracedia as an addition)? Pretty lame.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So I've been playing a lot of the Pokemon Dream Radar in the last couple of days trying to get a Ralts, however no matter what I try it just won't appear for some reason. I've caught Thundurus and have been spamming the orange orbs, but so far I've encountered nothing but a bunch of Staryu (I would have caught at least 25 of them so far) and half a dozen Porygon. Is there some additional requirement for Ralts to appear that I'm not aware of? Or am I just really unlucky?
So, this question was asked at the beginning of the year. We never came up with an answer why Grey Waves couldn't find a Ralts, best I could do was a Smogon article and a GameFAQ thread.

Why am I bringing this back up? Well, 9 months later, Chuggaaconroy is near the end of his main game playthrough of Black 2 & White 2. Chuggaaconroy likes to cover every aspect of a game he can, and today the newest part he covered the Dream Radar:

Nothing too surprising, covers the basic mechanics, catching of the Forces of Nature, transferring them to his White 2 version to get the Reveal Glass, and other things like Special Extensions you need to put in a series of button to access and the Extensions while the DS games are slotted in. Pretty much everything you can find on the Bulbapedia page about it.

BUT, then at the very end of the video, starting at 52:14, Chuggaa makes an interesting observation and suggestion. After HE had problems finding a Togepi and Bronzor despite following guides, he accidentally played with a different orb color and got 2 Bronzor even though it was the "wrong" color orb! And after hearing some people's other issues with other Pokemon he was able to easily find, Chuggaa suggested this: Likely upon opening it up the first time, each person's Dream Radar randomly selects 2 or 3 Pokemon which don't follow their usual preferred orb color; in a way, sort of making each version of Dream Radar "unique". If you're having problems finding a certain Pokemon, try using a different orb color (though according to Chuggaa their unlocking time still seems to be the same). It took Chuggaa several weeks and he ended up filling 4 boxes (30 each = 120) + 12 for a total of 132 Pokemon before he was able to catch one of each Pokemon (looked like Togepi was his last one and he seemed to have caught 2 of them at the same time, just like he caught 2 Bronzor at the same time after finding it; maybe that's also something to note?)!

I have perfect IV/nature sneasel and teddiursa - can I bring them into Arceus Legends and evolve them into Sneasler/Ursuluna, then transfer them to SV and keep their IV's and nature?

I have perfect IV/nature sneasel and teddiursa - can I bring them into Arceus Legends and evolve them into Sneasler/Ursuluna, then transfer them to SV and keep their IV's and nature?
Yes, also any move that is taught to it in Arceus and that they are also able to learn in SV will be relearnable when moved from Home back to SV, even if they are TMs in SV, thus consider teaching any of them in Arceus if you have more currency there.

So, this question was asked at the beginning of the year. We never came up with an answer why Grey Waves couldn't find a Ralts, best I could do was a Smogon article and a GameFAQ thread.

Why am I bringing this back up? Well, 9 months later, Chuggaaconroy is near the end of his main game playthrough of Black 2 & White 2. Chuggaaconroy likes to cover every aspect of a game he can, and today the newest part he covered the Dream Radar:

Nothing too surprising, covers the basic mechanics, catching of the Forces of Nature, transferring them to his White 2 version to get the Reveal Glass, and other things like Special Extensions you need to put in a series of button to access and the Extensions while the DS games are slotted in. Pretty much everything you can find on the Bulbapedia page about it.

BUT, then at the very end of the video, starting at 52:14, Chuggaa makes an interesting observation and suggestion. After HE had problems finding a Togepi and Bronzor despite following guides, he accidentally played with a different orb color and got 2 Bronzor even though it was the "wrong" color orb! And after hearing some people's other issues with other Pokemon he was able to easily find, Chuggaa suggested this: Likely upon opening it up the first time, each person's Dream Radar randomly selects 2 or 3 Pokemon which don't follow their usual preferred orb color; in a way, sort of making each version of Dream Radar "unique". If you're having problems finding a certain Pokemon, try using a different orb color (though according to Chuggaa their unlocking time still seems to be the same). It took Chuggaa several weeks and he ended up filling 4 boxes (30 each = 120) + 12 for a total of 132 Pokemon before he was able to catch one of each Pokemon (looked like Togepi was his last one and he seemed to have caught 2 of them at the same time, just like he caught 2 Bronzor at the same time after finding it; maybe that's also something to note?)!
Your post reminded me that I never actually posted the outcome of my situation. After continually spamming the orange orbs and never even finding a single Ralts, I gave up and swapped to the green orbs instead. Surprisingly, despite the apparent odds to find a Ralts being much lower (1/8 compared to 1/3 for the orange orbs), I was able to find one after only a short period of time. What you're saying is that each game file has a couple of (randomly-determined) Pokemon that don't won't show up for one of their usual orb colours? If so then yeah, that fits in with my experience. It seems that instead of showing up for orange and green orbs, it appears that on my copy of the game, Ralts will only appear for orange and blue orbs. Granted, I haven't actually unlocked the blues yet, but it's definitely not showing up for the pink ones.

Quick mechanics question about Terastalization: I know non-Priority moves below 60 BP will get boosted to 60 if they're lower even after modifiers like Technician. Do these modifiers include STAB (be it regular or from Terastalization)?

EX: If I use Trailblaze on a Tera Grass Mamoswine, will Trailblaze have effective 75 BP (apply STAB and thus no 60-BP floor) or 90 BP (nothing applied, boosted to 60 and then apply 50% buff for STAB)?

Quick mechanics question about Terastalization: I know non-Priority moves below 60 BP will get boosted to 60 if they're lower even after modifiers like Technician. Do these modifiers include STAB (be it regular or from Terastalization)?

EX: If I use Trailblaze on a Tera Grass Mamoswine, will Trailblaze have effective 75 BP (apply STAB and thus no 60-BP floor) or 90 BP (nothing applied, boosted to 60 and then apply 50% buff for STAB)?
The Tera Boost ignores STAB yes, STAB is a damage modifier not a direct power modifier.

In SV Mass Outbreaks, after you have knocked out the earlier phases for increased shiny chance, how far away do you have to travel to get new pokemon in the outbreak to spawn, giving yourself another shot at shinies?

Furthermore, can you make and eat an Herba Mystica sandwich to increase chances after you have completed the earlier outbreak phases?

Finally, does anything reset the chances besides defeating the last phase or the day rolling over to text and canceling the outbreak? Like saving the game and turning it off?

In SV Mass Outbreaks, after you have knocked out the earlier phases for increased shiny chance, how far away do you have to travel to get new pokemon in the outbreak to spawn, giving yourself another shot at shinies?

Furthermore, can you make and eat an Herba Mystica sandwich to increase chances after you have completed the earlier outbreak phases?

Finally, does anything reset the chances besides defeating the last phase or the day rolling over to text and canceling the outbreak? Like saving the game and turning it off?
I can't answer the first one, but the easiest way is just set up a picnic and close it (you dont need to do anything else). This force despawns and respawns everything. Just give it a few seconds for things to spawn in, look around, then do it again.

Herba Mystica goes into effect with any new spawns, regardless of when you make it. You could do it before even seeing the spawn, in the middle of a phase, or right at the end if you wanted.

To my knowledge nothing will reset the outbreak beyon resetting to before you started churning or the roll over.

Can you get white-striped basculin from any basculin egg if you hatch it in kitikami? I know you can get regular tauros and wooper from eggs, but since basculin technically isn’t a regional form, I wasn’t sure if that was true for it too.
No, White-Striped Basculin isn't a regional form.

It's treated exactly the same as Red-Stripe and Blue-Stripe, the egg will always contain the same type of Basculin as the mother (the non-Ditto parent is considered the mother, regardless of gender).

Is there a list of all the pokemon music that Go Ishinose (i hope i spelled that correctly) has been involved in the creation of?

The few ones i know of are some of my favorite pieces of pokemon music which is why I'm asking

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
Can anyone tell me the most feasible to way to get Battle Bond Gren with good IVs in my Scarlet game as of the time of this post?
Trade with someone who already has it. You can't get it natively in Gen IX.

I probably have a spare, I can check if you're interested - can only trade over Home though.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Trade with someone who already has it. You can't get it natively in Gen IX.

I probably have a spare, I can check if you're interested - can only trade over Home though.
I'm pretty sure you can't trade it over Home because it has an event ribbon. If you don't have one or know anyone that has one, you either need to pay for a Home Subscription to transfer it from Gen 7 or pay for Switch Online to trade with someone who has.

It's nice that they stopped doing event exclusive moves to stop so stuff like this from happening, but the event exclusive ability turns out to cause the exact same problems but with more BS because of happening to have to pay for something to get it on SV. (As cynical as I sound, I really believe having to pay is just a coincidence.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)