OMPL VI Discussion Thread

power

uh-oh, the game in trouble
disappointing to see our season end this way, after the way these last three weeks were, but sometimes the cards just don't fall your way. I might make a longer shoutout post later but I just wanted to reveal the pun in our name. obviously its named after producer Metro Boomin but it's also this balanced hackmons set that smashes registeel, even flash fire variants.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Metronome
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Boomburst
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Filler

quite literally a metro boomin mega ray, unfortunate that we didn't get to bring it.

Well the Blisseys are officially out. I want to thank the team for giving it their all every week and being fun to work with for this OMPL!

Some of you may be curious about my draft strategy or about what went wrong so I’ll give you a brief view into it. (Blisseys, read it. Shoutouts are there.)

The first buy for the Blisseys was Hamhamhamham. He was one of my AG picks and managers were overly cautious during the early stages of the draft so I got him cheaper than expected. Good start. Whilst he didn’t have an impressive record, he was available for the team every week, and made an effort. That’s all I can ask for. He also got us the elusive AAA win! It was nice having you Ham.

Going into the draft there were two MnM players I were strongly considering, Chazm and stresh. I was leaning towards Chazm because I felt he didn’t need as much support as stresh due to his vast experience in MnM, as well as in tournaments such as OMPL. But I would say him being nommed early helped the decision. Again, draft going great, got who I wanted at a reasonable price. Chazm is, in my opinion, the best draft of the Blisseys this year. For 10.5k and a record of 5-2, Chazm was well worth it and has certainly proved that he is one of the best MnM players of this generation. Beyond that, he was very active on our team Discord and tried to help out others as much as he could. It was great working with you Chazm.

Next up is BH. I had a few different strategies going into the draft. QT + Will, GL Volkner, to name some. Going for highlighter and Willdbeast was my first fuck up of the draft. The pair cost a massive 31.5k. The idea behind it was highlighter would bring his experience and ability, and Will would bring his knowledge of the current metagame. Will cost more than I expected, and to add to that, highlighter didn’t live up to his cost. The price wouldn’t have been too bad with a 6-1 record or something. Alas. I’m sorry if I put too much pressure on you to succeed. As for Will, you were great. You fulfilled your role as BH support and were a joy to have on the team. I’m glad to have gotten to know you better. Also you got a cheeky win.

I believe this is about the time that things went south. Let’s talk about AAA. My #1 pick for AAA going into the draft was Adrian Marin. The options were scarce and Adrian was one of the few people active in the meta going into OMPL. In order for me to explain why I didn’t get Adrian or another good AAA player, I’ll have to talk about EternalSnowman. ESM was my 2nd AG pick. He was supposed to partner Ham and create a powerful AG duo. Basically, I was saving my funds until ESM was nommed. This was the biggest mistake. ESM was nommed really late, and so I missed pretty much every good AAA player. To make matters worse, I got outbid on him and couldn’t get another top AG player as they were all gone by then. During this period, I picked up Cookiekins, who was recommended to me by people prior to the draft as a good AAA candidate. Unfortunately, he failed to pick up a win.

Moving on. I had money but nobody that was on my shortlist was still available. So on the spot I decided to pick up Mysterious M, and for only 3k. I believe Ham mentioned him when I asked for suggestions at the time. For someone that’s not an AG main, MM had a good run in the bo1 AG slot. It was great having you on the team and I wish I could have helped but AG is one meta I’ve never seriously played.

Now that I had filled my AG starting lineup, I wanted to pick up a sub. Again, I was looking at the names remaining as this was near the end of the draft. Chloe had nommed DontStealMyPenguin and bid the 5k that she had left. In that instant I decided to put my faith in Chloe’s decision and took DSMP as the next member of the Blisseys. I wish you were more active in the earlier weeks as it would have given us the freedom to maneuver the lineup. However, you provided some teams for us, and in the later weeks you played well yourself. I’m glad you had the chance to prove you’re still capable of competing with the current AG gang.

Next up we have the 1v1 pair of Blazikin and The Dark Alakazam. Going into the draft I knew there were plenty of options for 1v1. However, I was set on drafting Blazikin. He performed very well in the 1v1 Seasonal, and someone had mentioned him to me when I was talking to potential 1v1 picks. Whoever I paired with him was going to be an on the spot decision. TDA was at the right place at the right time, so to speak. I’m glad you two were part of the Blisseys and you were the best 1v1 duo in this OMPL! For 3k a piece I might add! Great to have you guys in the team chat, especially muh boy Moonzy.

20 minutes later...

Last we have The Consort. I was the only person with any money left so I thought I would take my time, gather opinions from members of the community, etc. Suffice to say, 20 minutes weren’t enough. To all of you that recommended The Consort, fuck you. In all seriousness though, I was looking for an AAA player more than anything because Cookie was very much untested. Whilst you’re a decent person that had a really good presence on the team Discord, I think you have a long way to go in terms of competitive Pokémon. I wish you the best and hope you can truly be The AAA Consort one day.

This was quite a competitive edition of OMPL. All the teams had a chance, and it came down to the last week. Congrats to the teams that have made the playoffs. You all worked hard and did well in this OMPL. However, I would like to show my support for the Buyer Bewears. You guys far exceeded expections and deserve to win this year’s OMPL. Good luck in the finals!

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Heyo. This was a fun tour.

This is my third tour I have participated in in general, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks to ti for drafting me, and it was nice stalking participating in each of the om convos we had, getting to see members of the OM community that 1v1 is usually separate from, most of the time. If I wasn't painfully average in non-random 6v6 metas, I would love to git gudder at the staple oms.

Naturally I must also thank Blazikin for giving great teambuilding advice when I needed it. Often I would come to points where I knew what I needed a mon to do, I just couldn't quite put my finger on who would be best suited to do so, but Blazikin would make excellent suggestions, which proved to be invaluable.

All in all, great experience, always a pleasure prepping for my opponents, even though I barely had any time to do so this time around cause jobs n life n shit xd Went 5-1 and fought thrilling battles. Good luck to Buyers Bewear in the finals tbh only because their name is top quality

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
[13:07:29] @drampa's grandpa: Highlord
[13:07:40] @drampa's grandpa: we're gonna sub freddy in
[13:07:50] @drampa's grandpa: E4 Flint u see this?
[13:08:00] Highlord: ok 1 sec
[13:08:02] #E4 Flint: i do but
[13:08:04] #E4 Flint: post in thread

subbing in Freddy Kyogre to play for iLlama to avoid activity
E4 Flint Leru Megazard
sorry this is so late i wouldnt do this if i had another choice ;-;
[13:11:32] @Chloe: Freddy Kyogre do you play ag
[13:11:43] +Freddy Kyogre: uhh
[13:11:48] +Freddy Kyogre: i can?

[13:11] Freddy Kyogre: why?
[13:12] @Chloe: bc you just got subbed in to play ag
[13:12] @Chloe: owo
[13:12] Freddy Kyogre: wait

[13:12:08] ayedan: freddy do u play ag
[13:12:56] +Freddy Kyogre: NOT REALLY

20 minutes later...

Last we have The Consort. I was the only person with any money left so I thought I would take my time, gather opinions from members of the community, etc. Suffice to say, 20 minutes weren’t enough. To all of you that recommended The Consort, fuck you. In all seriousness though, I was looking for an AAA player more than anything because Cookie was very much untested. Whilst you’re a decent person that had a really good presence on the team Discord, I think you have a long way to go in terms of competitive Pokémon. I wish you the best and hope you can truly be The AAA Consort one day.
1. The Immortal, stop trying to get it on with Chazm, tyvm.
2. You trying to insult me??? A decent person?? Who would ever want to be that? TheCoastsOfToast Please vouch that this is a lie. Thanks.
3. A good presence in chat? What? You sure I wasn't a harsh realist, bringing down morale? Oh wait, people didn't see this so they wouldn't know. Nevermind.
4. Teach me Senpai btw, who accually accents the e in Pokemon?

Shenanigans aside, thank you TI for picking me up. No, I didn't end up getting a win, but I don't think that things are that far away for me. They would be much farther if I hadn't been involved in OMPL at all, so thank you.

Also, thank you Chazm for convincing The Immortal to pick me up (see #1). You are a cool dude, and I wish we would have been able to work together more throughout this entire thing.

As for Cookiekins and Hamhamhamham, it was enjoyable working with you two in AAA, and congratz to Hamx4 on finally getting us a win in AAA!! Who knew that would happen?

Willdbeast you were way to expensive for low quality memes. Js. If I were TI, I'd've forgone that 3k investment to help a willdbeast that was shamelessly begging for a spot on a team, heh. Ily <3

Also, thank you to Blazikin for being a good friend during this, though, we haven't talked much lately. Hmu fam! Maybe you can team me not to suck at 1v1

Now, since I'm not shamelessly like farming, I won't highlight the remaining members of my team, but congratz to all of you as well! Even though we didn't win, it was still fun to support you all when you battled though we all sucked about posting links in chat for the rest to watch our matches..

And finally, though he wasn't a part of our team, I would also like to thank Quantum Tesseract though, for helping me out when I asked, and proving me wrong during this. Maybe you aren't a dick after all, lmfao. Who knew?

Now its just waiting for Laxpras to post his team dump so that I can steal those teams and maybe get good at this metagame (it will happen TI. Just you wait, and maybe you'll even pick me up cheap next year... maybe after only a 10 minute thinking period though).

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
I'll preface this by saying I'm not that great at shoutouts. I'm not gonna do what The Immortal did and talk about our drafting strategies in depth or anything, I just wanna thank some people mostly.

Adrian Marin Wish you had been able to spend time with us for longer mate :/ You presence both on and off the battlefield was valued. I know you felt like you weren't gonna get more chances to play after a shaky start, but know that I believed (and still believe) in your abilities.

Fardin screw hax amiright? You've been a major help to me over two OMPL's. I don't think you got enough credit for all your support last year and I'm still really grateful for that, and I'm sorry if this year didn't work out as well as you had wanted. Hope you can get over your salt about hax and continue to play mons!

Freddy Kyogre You said you wanted to prove yourself one of the top 1v1 players; in my opinion you have. You were our top pick for 1v1 going in and you have done phenomenally in a metagame that's all matchup based anyway.

GL Volkner GOAT. You played some hard-ass matches with little building support, and won amazing victories. I'm also really glad that you knew you own limits and didn't run yourself into the ground building. In a tough field you've managed to stand out. I am so proud of you both as a manager and as a friend :).

iLlama We've had some issues, but you're a solid player dude. Just gotta work on making sure you're available when you say you will be :/ The team was stronger for your presence, so thanks.

Laxpras Dude, you are THE freaking legend of OMPL. I'm sorry we ended your insane winstreak by putting you in MnM. Just know that you've outdone anyone else in OMPL history. It's been a good two years for me, I hope you've had fun too.

motogp (aka hax's favorite cookie) I wish we had had the chance to play you more bud. In the end Freddy kept a hot streak going for most of the tour, but I'd have liked to let you get your time in the sun too.

shiloh We've really run you through the mill this OMPL. You signed up to play AAA and ended up being our sub for practically everything. We would not have been able to make it through half the weeks without you, and you saved me from insanity so many times you don't even know.

tzop your sets are heat af dude. Keep building mate, you've got the creativity in building to be a really great player.

xavgb I know your record isn't what you were hoping for, but for what it's worth, I still think you're a great Mix and Mega player (as do other people apparently, grats on council). Sometimes you just don't get lucky with matchup or mindgames. I predict you'll pull a Koi (see Uselesscrab's post) next year.

OM room It's been quite the road mate. We've had our share of ups and downs as a team, but thanks for making my first managing gig marginally less stressful. It was great to know that I didn't have to be on call 24/7 cuz someone else was there to help, and you were really supportive of me getting into the swing of things. Thanks :)
Also honestly I sorta messed up the drafting after you left (not that I'm unhappy with our teammates, but our team did end up a little lopsided with 4 AAA players and no AG subs lol) I think the fact that our team did not work as well as it had the potential to is largely on me, and I hope my teammates can forgive me. But in the words of the wise masters of the Nugget Bridge:

E4 Flint gj hosting nerd, all those graphics and shizzle are impressive
EDIT: Also shoutout jasprose for my avatar its nice but ima lose it soon so thanks

Last edited:
I took statistics last fall and hated it with a burning passion, so it's not altogether surprising that I forgot virtually everything I learned the moment I left the classroom after taking the final. (Who can relate?!) Thankfully, I still have the (motor) skills to punch some power rankings into an online calculator and take the Spearman's rho correlation coefficient — a measure of how well they matched the standings at the end of the regular season. Remember kids, the closer to 1, the better, and the closer to -1, the greater the negative correlation, i.e. the closer the ranking was to being the opposite of what actually came to pass. Without further ado, the power ranking of power rankings...

4. Fardin's "Go Figure" Power Ranking
Defining excerpts:
#7 Blissey led by TI... Mnm is quite mediocre too. With such a small playerbase, it was crucial to draft at least 2 players who know mnm somewhat, since they gonna need someone to test with, and chazm isn't that good on his own.
#8 Bewears
Spearman's rho: -0.33

3. The Immortal's Extremely Concise Ranking
Defining excerpts:
4 - jolteons - strong ag, decent bh/1v1, doesn't have an aaa main, it11 rusty af. early weeks will be tough for the jolteons. but i think over time, some of their rusty players would be able to get back into form.
(editor's note: this is basically the opposite of what happened.)

8 - talonflames - this is quite possibly the worst draft i've seen. qt can only do so much. also, monotype isn't an om anymore.
(a bit more accurate)
Spearman's rho: 0.12

?. Catalystic and 10 Other People's Interminable (Kind of Like This Name) "Cumulative Score" Ranking, which also didn't give definitive placements to 3 teams, which is a problem for this post
Defining excerpts:
IT11: Another OMs veteran, going 6-0 in the last OMPL in MnM is certainly impressive... Perhaps he’ll shape up and go undefeated again; only time will tell.
(Right on the money! Except he also didn't win any games! Thanks for the analysis!)
GL Volkner: The ever popular VoltDarkrai has yet to had a significant deep run in tours, giving him the B+ ranking... Given Adrian will be able to help prep and test, his ranking has been upgraded to A-.
Spearman's rho: depends on where you put the talonflames (whom they didn't rank) and which of the Blisseys and Bewears you give 4/5 and since I don't want to draw attention from tcot I'm not going to bother, but reasonably good job, entire team worth of power rankers. It comes really close to the 0.62 below, either above or below.

1. TheCoastsOfToast's Scrabble Values Ranking (look, a bingo!)
Defining excerpts:
#2.) The Bedroom Blisseys (The Immortal): 232
TI had an extremely solid draft this year, most notably with the incredibly juicy The Dark Alakazam at a whopping 38 points for only 3000. How the other managers let this slide is beyond me!
#7.) The Hellborn Heliolisks (Drampa's Grandpa, OM Room): 149
The Hellborn Heliolisks barely fared better than the previous team on this ranking, only squeaking by by a mere 8 points. They spent 15500 on a dismal 10-point player in Fardin, and had far too few total letters on the team to compete with most of the others. I mean, Illama? Tzop? Shiloh? Where was the strategy in this draft?
Spearman's rho: 0.62

Thanks to all the power rankers for bringing their expertise and/or knowledge of common two-letter words to the table in evaluating this year's auction. In the end, TheCoastsOfToast did the best job of balancing his qi and the other power rankings will just fall away like leaves off a qat on the Arabian Peninsula. Join us next week, for when these power rankers flip 6 coins and it reliably outperforms my patented power rankings!

Now i cant leave without giving a little say to this too , can i ?

First off The Immortal all i really can say is thank you
I didnt even want to sign up for ompl at first, because i thought with my terrible
1v1 pl record recently no one would even consider drafting me. But you told me just
try and sign up anyways. I couldnt even believe it after you drafted me so i definetly
wanted to make our 1v1 slot the best of them all. Thats why i was pretty happy that you
drafted one of my good friends The Dark Alakazam who i knew i can work with best of them all
Seriously , no one can make my weird stuff work and put into winning as much as he can.
Thank you Isaac.
Lastly a thanks to all the rest of our team. You were all super friendly and i had fun chatting with all of you,
plus for the first time i got exposed to new OMs and actually learned them a bit

Remember this post? Predictions? Anyone? No? Well, the time has finally come for me to reveal the predictions of those that participated 7 weeks ago. I've no way of confirming who actually submitted predictions so I'll just credit whatever username they put down apart from whoever decided it'd be funny to put down "Scarfwynaut" (lowercase W? REALLY??) and predict Bewears last. Had you actually predicted really well, I'd be happy to claim credit but alas. Let's begin with the WORST predictions:

>Blacklisted [Top 3 worst predictions]<

1) Zephyr Dragon Lord (Talonflames > Mega Rays > Blisseys > Jolteons > Honchkrows > Heliolisks > Hydreigons > Bewears. Spearman's Rank: -0.6667)
Congratulations to Zephyr for being completely and resoundingly wrong! Funnily enough if you reverse his predictions he'd be tied for most accurate. Not only was he one of the many that ranked teams like the Bewears and Hydreigons low, he also took a huge gamble by ranking the TFlames first. A recipe for disaster :(

2) NOCUnlucky13 (Heliolisks > Blisseys > Mega Rays > Jolteons > Talonflames > Honchkrows > Bewears > Hydreigons. Spearman's Rank: -0.5476)
The only even remotely close guess here is Mega Rays in 3rd? Poor form mate.

3) xZesty (Jolteons > Heliolisks > Mega Rays > Hydreigons > Honchkrows > Talonflames > Blisseys > Bewears. Spearman's Rank: -0.4286)
As you'll soon find out, team loyalty and accurate predictions don't often go hand in hand (unless you're on a playoffs team).

>C Rank [Poor predictions]<
- SectoniaServant16 (Spearman's Rank: -0.3571. Hydreigons > Blisseys > Talonflames > Jolteons > Honchkrows > Heliolisks > Mega Rays > Bewears)

- EternalSnowman (Spearman's Rank: -0.2857. Honchkrows > Talonflames > Blisseys > Mega Rays > Heliolisks > Jolteons > Hydreigons > Bewears)

- Mark K (Spearman's Rank: -0.2619. Mega Rays > Heliolisks > Honchkrows > Jolteons > Talonflames > Hydreigons > Blisseys > Bewears)

- "some random dude" (Spearman's Rank: -0.244. Honchkrows > Talonflames > Heliolisks > Hydreigons > Mega Rays > Jolteons > Blisseys > Bewears)

- "Scarfwynaut" (Spearman's Rank: -0.2381. Jolteons > Blisseys > Mega Rays > Honchkrows > Hydreigons > Heliolisks > Talonflames > Bewears)

- DurzaOffTopic (Spearman's Rank: -0.2143. Honchkrows > Blisseys > Talonflames > Heliolisks > Mega Rays > Jolteons > Bewears > Hydreigons)

- Quantum Tesseract (Spearman's Rank: -0.1905. Talonflames > Hydreigons > Blisseys > Heliolisks > Bewears> Honchkrows > Mega Rays > Jolteons)

- "random nub gripping" & ihhca (Spearman's Rank: -0.0714.
"random nub gripping": Jolteons > Blisseys > Mega Rays > Honchkrows > Hydreigons > Heliolisks > Bewears > Talonflames)
ihhca: Bewears > Talonflames > Jolteons > Blisseys > Mega Rays > Honchkrows > Hydreigons > Heliolisks)

- motogp (Spearman's Rank: -0.0238. Heliolisks > Honchkrows > Blisseys > Mega Rays > Hydreigons > Talonflames > Jolteons > Bewears)

>B Rank [Right-in-the-middle predictions]<
- Duckymomo Senior (Spearman's Rank: 0. Honchkrows > Mega Rays > Jolteons > Heliolisks > Talonflames > Bewears > Hydreigons > Blisseys)

>A Rank [Good predictions]<
- Jeran (Spearman's Rank: 0.0714. Mega Rays > Blisseys > Jolteons > Honchkrows > Hydreigons > Heliolisks > Bewears > Talonflames)

- Jucherz & MAMP (Spearman's Rank: 0.119.
Jucherz: Honchkrows > Blisseys > Hydreigons > Jolteons > Heliolisks > Mega Rays> Talonflames > Bewears)
MAMP: Honchkrows > Hydreigons > Mega Rays > Jolteons > Talonflames > Heliolisks > Blisseys > Bewears)
- GL Volkner (Spearman's Rank: 0.1964. Heliolisks > Mega Rays > Hydreigons > Blisseys > Honchkrows > Bewears > Talonflames > Jolteons)

- free my man tele (SL42) (Spearman's Rank: 0.3571. Bewears > Heliolisks > Blisseys > Hydreigons > Jolteons > Mega Rays > Honchkrows > Talonflames)

- Catalystic & Pigeons (Spearman's Rank: 0.4286.
Catalystic: Honchkrows > Heliolisks > Hydreigons > Blisseys > Bewears > Talonflames > Mega Rays > Jolteons)
Pigeons: Heliolisks > Mega Rays > Honchkrows > Hydreigons > Bewears > Blisseys > Jolteons > Talonflames)
- Complexities (Spearman's Rank: 0.4702. Heliolisks > Blisseys > Hydreigons > Mega Rays > Honchkrows > Bewears > Talonflames > Jolteons)

- drampa's grandpa (Spearman's Rank: 0.4762. Heliolisks > Bewears > Blisseys > Hydreigons > Honchkrows > Mega Rays > Jolteons > Talonflames)

>S Rank [Best predictions]<
Bronze Medal: aesf (Spearman's Rank: 0.5952. Hydreigons > Mega Rays > Honchkrows > Blisseys > Bewears > Talonflames > Jolteons > Heliolisks)
Being one of the only participants to see the Heliolisks' downfall coming, despite the huge hype surrounding that team along with recognizing which teams would end near the top (Honchkrows, Mega Rays, Hydreigons) and which would end near the bottom (Jolteons, Talonflames, Heliolisks) gets aesf a solid third place. Great predicting!

Silver Medal: Osra ( Spearman's Rank: 0.6429. Bewears > Heliolisks > Hydreigons > Mega Rays > Honchkrows > Jolteons > Blisseys > Talonflames)
Only a Bewear would have been insane enough to predict a Bewears first place so it should come as no surprise a Bewears player is in the top 3. Though she didn't do the best, Osra did manage to predict the exact positions of half the teams, more than the first place predicter. Our second place finisher is also the first to have outdone Toast's shockingly accurate Scrabble rankings, so there's that. Says a lot about our predicting skills, that, doesn't it

Gold Medal: CallMeJJok3R ( Spearman's Rank: 0.6667. Honchkrows > Blisseys > Mega Rays > Hydreigons > Bewears > Heliolisks > Jolteons > Talonflames)
And here we have the most accurate prediction! The only thing he got completely wrong was the Blisseys' second placing and the Bewears' fifth. Though had tzop not gotten an activity win in the final moments of Week 7 Joker's prediction might have not ended up being the closest (don't quote me on that I cannot be bothered to do the math). He may not have done very well playing his actual games but at least his predictions are on point! That makes up for it, right?

----

As for the "Best / Worst win-loss record" thing, literally nobody was even close so in this regard you all equally suck. I did get this out of it though (I'll let you guys guess on who submitted this):

----

Thanks for participating!

That was my first smogon tournament , A great experience with one of the two team i wanted to join . Our team was strong but not lucky .
Next year i will be stronger to beat god jeran and god volkner . :)

Ty drampa and Om room for drafting me. I 'm just a daily player :)

Laxpras

One small yeet for man, one giant yeet for mankind
Well the Blisseys are officially out. I want to thank the team for giving it their all every week and being fun to work with for this OMPL!

Some of you may be curious about my draft strategy or about what went wrong so I’ll give you a brief view into it. (Blisseys, read it. Shoutouts are there.)

The first buy for the Blisseys was Hamhamhamham. He was one of my AG picks and managers were overly cautious during the early stages of the draft so I got him cheaper than expected. Good start. Whilst he didn’t have an impressive record, he was available for the team every week, and made an effort. That’s all I can ask for. He also got us the elusive AAA win! It was nice having you Ham.

Going into the draft there were two MnM players I were strongly considering, Chazm and stresh. I was leaning towards Chazm because I felt he didn’t need as much support as stresh due to his vast experience in MnM, as well as in tournaments such as OMPL. But I would say him being nommed early helped the decision. Again, draft going great, got who I wanted at a reasonable price. Chazm is, in my opinion, the best draft of the Blisseys this year. For 10.5k and a record of 5-2, Chazm was well worth it and has certainly proved that he is one of the best MnM players of this generation. Beyond that, he was very active on our team Discord and tried to help out others as much as he could. It was great working with you Chazm.

Next up is BH. I had a few different strategies going into the draft. QT + Will, GL Volkner, to name some. Going for highlighter and Willdbeast was my first fuck up of the draft. The pair cost a massive 31.5k. The idea behind it was highlighter would bring his experience and ability, and Will would bring his knowledge of the current metagame. Will cost more than I expected, and to add to that, highlighter didn’t live up to his cost. The price wouldn’t have been too bad with a 6-1 record or something. Alas, I’m glad to have teamed with you at least once in my lifetime highlighter, and I’m sorry if I put too much pressure on you to succeed. As for Will, you were great. You fulfilled your role as BH support and were a joy to have on the team. I’m glad to have gotten to know you better. Also you got a cheeky win.

I believe this is about the time that things went south. Let’s talk about AAA. My #1 pick for AAA going into the draft was Adrian Marin. The options were scarce and Adrian was one of the few people active in the meta going into OMPL. In order for me to explain why I didn’t get Adrian or another good AAA player, I’ll have to talk about EternalSnowman. ESM was my 2nd AG pick. He was supposed to partner Ham and create a powerful AG duo. Basically, I was saving my funds until ESM was nommed. This was the biggest mistake. ESM was nommed really late, and so I missed pretty much every good AAA player. To make matters worse, I got outbid on him and couldn’t get another top AG player as they were all gone by then. During this period, I picked up Cookiekins, who was recommended to me by people prior to the draft as a good AAA candidate. Unfortunately, he failed to pick up a win.

Moving on. I had money but nobody that was on my shortlist was still available. So on the spot I decided to pick up Mysterious M, and for only 3k. I believe Ham mentioned him when I asked for suggestions at the time. For someone that’s not an AG main, MM had a good run in the bo1 AG slot. It was great having you on the team and I wish I could have helped but AG is one meta I’ve never seriously played.

Now that I had filled my AG starting lineup, I wanted to pick up a sub. Again, I was looking at the names remaining as this was near the end of the draft. Chloe had nommed DontStealMyPenguin and bid the 5k that she had left. In that instant I decided to put my faith in Chloe’s decision and took DSMP as the next member of the Blisseys. I wish you were more active in the earlier weeks as it would have given us the freedom to maneuver the lineup. However, you provided some teams for us, and in the later weeks you played well yourself. I’m glad you had the chance to prove you’re still capable of competing with the current AG gang.

Next up we have the 1v1 pair of Blazikin and The Dark Alakazam. Going into the draft I knew there were plenty of options for 1v1. However, I was set on drafting Blazikin. He performed very well in the 1v1 Seasonal, and someone had mentioned him to me when I was talking to potential 1v1 picks. Whoever I paired with him was going to be an on the spot decision. TDA was at the right place at the right time, so to speak. I’m glad you two were part of the Blisseys and you were the best 1v1 duo in this OMPL! For 3k a piece I might add! Great to have you guys in the team chat, especially muh boy Moonzy.

20 minutes later...

This was quite a competitive edition of OMPL. All the teams had a chance, and it came down to the last week. Congrats to the teams that have made the playoffs. You all worked hard and did well in this OMPL. However, I would like to show my support for the Buyer Bewears. You guys far exceeded expections and deserve to win this year’s OMPL. Good luck in the finals!
u forgot to mention our top secret, dubious, and totally real plot for me to trick everyone in sign ups and have you draft me for 1k so we could return to the bedroom together

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
u forgot to mention our top secret, dubious, and totally real plot for me to trick everyone in sign ups and have you draft me for 1k so we could return to the bedroom together
I just wanted AAA advice for tzop bro

or maybe everyone stopped bringing it up every week since, cause it was resolved - everyone except you
Don't worry it's all or nothing to stay relevant in the youtube algorithm

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I
I'll preface this by saying I'm not that great at shoutouts. I'm not gonna do what The Immortal did and talk about our drafting strategies in depth or anything, I just wanna thank some people mostly.

Adrian Marin Wish you had been able to spend time with us for longer mate :/ You presence both on and off the battlefield was valued. I know you felt like you weren't gonna get more chances to play after a shaky start, but know that I believed (and still believe) in your abilities.

Fardin screw hax amiright? You've been a major help to me over two OMPL's. I don't think you got enough credit for all your support last year and I'm still really grateful for that, and I'm sorry if this year didn't work out as well as you had wanted. Hope you can get over your salt about hax and continue to play mons!

Freddy Kyogre You said you wanted to prove yourself one of the top 1v1 players; in my opinion you have. You were our top pick for 1v1 going in and you have done phenomenally in a metagame that's all matchup based anyway.

GL Volkner GOAT. You played some hard-ass matches with little building support, and won amazing victories. I'm also really glad that you knew you own limits and didn't run yourself into the ground building. In a tough field you've managed to stand out. I am so proud of you both as a manager and as a friend :).

iLlama We've had some issues, but you're a solid player dude. Just gotta work on making sure you're available when you say you will be :/ The team was stronger for your presence, so thanks.

Laxpras Dude, you are THE freaking legend of OMPL. I'm sorry we ended your insane winstreak by putting you in MnM. Just know that you've outdone anyone else in OMPL history. It's been a good two years for me, I hope you've had fun too.

motogp (aka hax's favorite cookie) I wish we had had the chance to play you more bud. In the end Freddy kept a hot streak going for most of the tour, but I'd have liked to let you get your time in the sun too.

shiloh We've really run you through the mill this OMPL. You signed up to play AAA and ended up being our sub for practically everything. We would not have been able to make it through half the weeks without you, and you saved me from insanity so many times you don't even know.

tzop your sets are heat af dude. Keep building mate, you've got the creativity in building to be a really great player.

xavgb I know your record isn't what you were hoping for, but for what it's worth, I still think you're a great Mix and Mega player (as do other people apparently, grats on council). Sometimes you just don't get lucky with matchup or mindgames. I predict you'll pull a Koi (see Uselesscrab's post) next year.

OM room It's been quite the road mate. We've had our share of ups and downs as a team, but thanks for making my first managing gig marginally less stressful. It was great to know that I didn't have to be on call 24/7 cuz someone else was there to help, and you were really supportive of me getting into the swing of things. Thanks :)
Also honestly I sorta messed up the drafting after you left (not that I'm unhappy with our teammates, but our team did end up a little lopsided with 4 AAA players and no AG subs lol) I think the fact that our team did not work as well as it had the potential to is largely on me, and I hope my teammates can forgive me. But in the words of the wise masters of the Nugget Bridge:

E4 Flint gj hosting nerd, all those graphics and shizzle are impressive
EDIT: Also shoutout jasprose for my avatar its nice but ima lose it soon so thanks

This is literally the best co-manager you can ever ask for @ompl

For the two not in the discord server because they don't need to be

shiloh You did beautifullly, absolutely beautifully for what we put you through and the fact that you were so strong at all of them was amazing

Fardin Good luck in life man, I know the hax had you down in the dumps but thank you for just sticking it out the last week

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
Monster post incoming I think...

Part 1: The Toastening
I think it's widely accepted by now that TheCoastsOfToast's Scrabble predictions were by far the most accurate way to understand OMPL. From this it can be surmised that we've been going about this all wrong: instead of battling each other in Pokemon, we should have been facing off based on Scrabble names. I have taken the liberty of going over the weeks and pulling together all the data necessary to right the egregious error we have committed.

Note: Ties were dealt with as half a win to each team. If you have a better way of resolving this lmk.

The Treasure Town Talonflames (Leru & Megazard) - [2.5][3.5] - The Five-Star Jolteons (DBW & Ransei)
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: EternalSnowman (19) vs Paycard (15)
USUM Anything Goes: Garay oak (16) vs Arushi (9)
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Quantum Tesseract (29) vs motherlove (18)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Trace (7) vs Magma (10)
USUM Mix and Mega: Highlord (16) vs Zesty43 (17)
USUM Almost Any Ability: lax (10) vs bdov (10)
The Bedroom Blisseys (The Immortal) - [5][1] - The Metro Boomin Mega Rayquazas (DEG & sedertz)
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Hamhamhamham (32) vs EzyRider (sub 1) (21)
USUM Anything Goes: Mysterious M (18) vs DonnotheFirst (20)
USUM Balanced Hackmons: highlighter (22) vs morogrim (13)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: The Dark Alakazam (38) vs Joker 1v1 (20)
USUM Mix and Mega: Chazm (21) vs Mark_K (15)
USUM Almost Any Ability: Cookiekins (20) vs Sabella (9)
The Buyer Bewears (ScarfWynaut & Uselesscrab) - [3.5][2.5] - The Hydrophobic Hydreigons (Chloe)
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: PurpleGatorade (20) vs GarbodorIsHot (20)
USUM Anything Goes: Pigeons (10) vs WTF THHE STALLS (25)
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) (55) vs Halliday (15)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Osra (4) vs Kentari (11)
USUM Mix and Mega: MultiAmmiratore (21) vs M'joe'ra (15)
USUM Almost Any Ability: Bushtush (16) vs Funbot28 (11)
The Hellborn Heliolisks (drampa's grandpa & OM room) - [3][3] - The Hotshot Honchkrows (Jrdn & Snaquaza)
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Fardin (10) vs Holy Break (21)
USUM Anything Goes: shiloh (12) vs Catalystic (17)
USUM Balanced Hackmons: GL Volkner (17) vs MAMP (10)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: motogp (11) vs UBERLandon21 (13)
USUM Mix and Mega: xavgb (18) vs Andyboy500 (16)
USUM Almost Any Ability: Adrian Marin (14) vs Sylveon. (13)
Leaderboard:
1- Blisseys: 2 Points, +4 Differential
2- Jolteons: 2 Points, +1 Differential
2- Bewears: 2 Points, +1 Differential
4- Heliolisks: 1 Points, 0 Differential
5- Honchkrows: 1 Points, 0 Differential
6- Talonflames: 0 Points, -1 Differential
7- Hydreigons: 0 Points, -1 Differential
8- Mega Rays: 0 Points, -4 Differential
The Hydrophobic Hydreigons (Chloe) - [3][3] - The Hellborn Heliolisks (drampa's grandpa & OM room)
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: WTF THHE STALLS (25) vs Fardin (10)
USUM Anything Goes: GarbodorIsHot (20) vs iLlama (8)
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Halliday (15) vs Adrian Marin (14)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Kentari (11) vs Freddy Kyogre (28)
USUM Mix and Mega: M'joe'ra (15) vs xavgb (18)
USUM Almost Any Ability: Funbot28 (11) vs tzop (15)
The Hotshot Honchkrows (Jrdn & Snaquaza) - [4.5][1.5] - The Treasure Town Talonflames (Leru & Megazard )
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Holy Break (21) vs EternalSnowman (19)
USUM Anything Goes: Catalystic (17) vs Garay oak (16)
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Pikachuun (sub 2) (20) vs Quantum Tesseract (29)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: MaceMaster (sub 1) (16) vs Trace (7)
USUM Mix and Mega: Andyboy500 (16) vs Highlord (16)
USUM Almost Any Ability: Sylveon. (13) vs lax (10)
The Metro Boomin Mega Rayquazas (DEG & sedertz) - [2][4] - The Buyer Bewears (ScarfWynaut & Uselesscrab)
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: HunterStorm (16) vs Pigeons (10)
USUM Anything Goes: DonnotheFirst (20) vs byron the bab bab (30)
USUM Balanced Hackmons: morogrim (13) vs Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) (55)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Joker 1v1 (20) vs Iron Crusher (16)
USUM Mix and Mega: Akashi (13) vs MultiAmmiratore (21)
USUM Almost Any Ability: Sabella (9) vs Bushtush (16)
The Five-Star Jolteons (DBW & Ransei) - [1][5] - The Bedroom Blisseys (The Immortal)
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Paycard (15) vs Hamhamhamham (32)
USUM Anything Goes: Arushi (9) vs Mysterious M (18)
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Disciple_1 (13) vs highlighter (22)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Baleblaze (22) vs Blazikin (23)
USUM Mix and Mega: Zesty43 (17) vs Chazm (21)
USUM Almost Any Ability: motherlove (18) vs The Consort (15)
Leaderboard
1- Blisseys: 4 Points, +8 Differential
2- Bewears: 4 Points, +3 Differential
3- Honchkrows: 3 Points, +3 Differential
4- Heliolisks: 2 Points, 0 Differential
5- Jolteons: 2 Points, -3 Differential
6- Hydreigons: 1 Points, -1 Differential
7- Talonflames: 0 Points, -4 Differential
8- Mega Rays: 0 Points, -6 Differential
The Hellborn Heliolisks (drampa's grandpa & OM room) - [3][3] - The Metro Boomin Mega Rayquazas (DEG & sedertz)
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Fardin (10) vs HunterStorm (16)
USUM Anything Goes: iLlama (8) vs DonnotheFirst (20)
USUM Balanced Hackmons: GL Volkner (17) vs morogrim (13)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Freddy Kyogre (28) vs Joker 1v1 (20)
USUM Mix and Mega: shiloh (12) vs Akashi (13)
USUM Almost Any Ability: tzop (15) vs Sabella (9)
The Buyer Bewears (ScarfWynaut & Uselesscrab) - [4.5][1.5] - The Five-Star Jolteons (DBW & Ransei)
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: PurpleGatorade (20) vs Paycard (15)
USUM Anything Goes: Pigeons (10) vs bdov (10)
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) (55) vs Disciple_1 (13)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Osra (4) vs Magma (10)
USUM Mix and Mega: MultiAmmiratore (21) vs Zesty43 (17)
USUM Almost Any Ability: Bushtush (16) vs martha (11)
The Treasure Town Talonflames (Leru & Megazard) - [1][5] - The Bedroom Blisseys (The Immortal)
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Charmflash (23) vs Hamhamhamham (32)
USUM Anything Goes: Garay oak (16) vs Mysterious M (sub 1) (18)
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Quantum Tesseract (29) vs highlighter (22)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Trace (7) vs The Dark Alakazam (38)
USUM Mix and Mega: Arifeen (sub 1) (10) vs Chazm (21)
USUM Almost Any Ability: lax (10) vs Cookiekins (20)
The Hotshot Honchkrows (Jrdn & Snaquaza) - [1.5][4.5] - The Hydrophobic Hydreigons (Chloe)
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Catalystic (17) vs GarbodorIsHot (20)
USUM Anything Goes: Holy Break (21) vs WTF THHE STALLS (25)
USUM Balanced Hackmons: MAMP (10) vs Halliday (15)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: UBERLandon21 (13) vs Kentari (11)
USUM Mix and Mega: Andyboy500 (16) vs In The Hills (16)
USUM Almost Any Ability: Sylveon. (13) vs TheCoastsOfToast (24)
Leaderboard
1- Blisseys: 6 Points, +12 Differential
2- Bewears: 6 Points, +6 Differential
3- Hydreigons: 3 Points, +2 Differential
4- Honchkrows: 3 Points, 0 Differential
5- Heliolisks: 3 Points, 0 Differential
6- Jolteons: 2 Points, -6 Differential
7- Mega Rays: 1 Points, -6 Differential
8- Talonflames: 0 Points, -8 Differential
The Bedroom Blisseys (The Immortal) - [5.5][0.5] - The Buyer Bewears (ScarfWynaut & Uselesscrab)
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Hamhamhamham (32) vs PurpleGatorade (20)
USUM Anything Goes: Mysterious M (18) vs Pigeons (10)
USUM Balanced Hackmons: highlighter (22) vs sugarhigh (17)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: The Dark Alakazam (38) vs Osra (4)
USUM Mix and Mega: Chazm (21) vs MultiAmmiratore (21)
USUM Almost Any Ability: Cookiekins (20) vs itsKimbo (16)
The Metro Boomin Mega Rayquazas (DEG & sedertz) - [1][5] - The Hotshot Honchkrows (Jrdn & Snaquaza)
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: HunterStorm (16) vs Catalystic (17)
USUM Anything Goes: DonnotheFirst (20) vs Holy Break (21)
USUM Balanced Hackmons: aki0s (8) vs MAMP (10)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Joker 1v1 (20) (sub 1) vs UBERLandon21 (13)
USUM Mix and Mega: Mark_K (15) vs Andyboy500 (16)
USUM Almost Any Ability: Shiba (10) vs Sylveon. (13)
The Five-Star Jolteons (DBW & Ransei) - [5][1] - The Hellborn Heliolisks (drampa's grandpa & OM room)
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Zesty43 (17) vs Fardin (10)
USUM Anything Goes: Paycard (15) vs shiloh (12)
USUM Balanced Hackmons: motherlove (18) vs tzop (sub 1) (15)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: martha (11) vs Freddy Kyogre (28)
USUM Mix and Mega: The Excadrill (25) vs xavgb (18)
USUM Almost Any Ability: Official Fissure (26) vs Laxpras (16)
The Hydrophobic Hydreigons (Chloe) - [3][3] - The Treasure Town Talonflames (Leru & Megazard)
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: WTF THHE STALLS (25) vs Charmflash (23)
USUM Anything Goes: GarbodorIsHot (20) vs Garay oak (16)
USUM Balanced Hackmons: jasprose (sub 1) (17) vs Quantum Tesseract (29)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Kentari (11) vs Trace (7)
USUM Mix and Mega: In The Hills (16) vs EternalSnowman (19)
USUM Almost Any Ability: aesf (7) vs lax (10)
Leaderboard
1- Blisseys: 8 Points, +17 Differential
2- Bewears: 6 Points, +1 Differential
3- Honchkrows: 5 Points, 4 Differential
4- Hydreigons: 4 Points, +2 Differential
5- Jolteons: 4 Points, -2 Differential
6- Heliolisks: 3 Points, -4 Differential
7- Talonflames: 1 Points, -8 Differential, ELIMINATED
8- Mega Rays: 1 Points, -10 Differential, ELIMINATED
The Hydrophobic Hydreigons (Chloe) - [5][1] - The Metro Boomin Mega Rayquazas (DEG & sedertz)
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: GarbodorIsHot (20) vs HunterStorm (16)
USUM Anything Goes: WTF THHE STALLS (25) vs EzyRider (21)
USUM Balanced Hackmons: jasprose (17) vs morogrim (sub 1) (13)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: UnleashOurPassion (22) vs Joker 1v1 (20)
USUM Mix and Mega: M'joe'ra (15) vs Akashi (13)
USUM Almost Any Ability: aesf (7) vs Sabella (9)
The Hellborn Heliolisks (drampa's grandpa & OM room) - [0][6] - The Bedroom Blisseys (The Immortal)
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Fardin (10) vs DontStealMyPenguin (27)
USUM Anything Goes: shiloh (sub 1) (12) vs Mysterious M (18)
USUM Balanced Hackmons: GL Volkner (17) vs highlighter (22)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Freddy Kyogre (28) vs The Dark Alakazam (38)
USUM Mix and Mega: tzop (sub 2) (15) vs Chazm (21)
USUM Almost Any Ability: Laxpras (16) vs Hamhamhamham (sub 1) (32)
The Hotshot Honchkrows (Jrdn & Snaquaza) - [2][4] - The Five-Star Jolteons (DBW & Ransei)
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Terracotta (12) vs Paycard (15)
USUM Anything Goes: Holy Break (21) vs Arushi (9)
USUM Balanced Hackmons: MAMP (10) vs Disciple_1 (13)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: MaceMaster (16) vs Magma (10)
USUM Mix and Mega: Andyboy500 (16) vs Zesty43 (17)
USUM Almost Any Ability: Plas (6) vs motherlove (18)
The Treasure Town Talonflames (Leru & Megazard) - [2][4] - The Buyer Bewears (ScarfWynaut & Uselesscrab)
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Charmflash (23) vs PurpleGatorade (20)
USUM Anything Goes: Garay oak (16) vs Alpha Rabbit (20)
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Quantum Tesseract (29) vs Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) (55)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Trace (7) vs Iron Crusher (16)
USUM Mix and Mega: EternalSnowman (19) vs skysolo14 (14)
USUM Almost Any Ability: lax (10) vs ihhca (13)
Leaderboard
1- Blisseys: 10 Points, +23 Differential, GUARANTEED PLAYOFFS
2- Bewears: 8 Points, +3 Differential
3- Hydreigons: 6 Points, +6 Differential
4- Jolteons: 6 Points, 0 Differential
5- Honchkrows: 5 Points, 2 Differential
6- Heliolisks: 3 Points, -10 Differential
7- Talonflames: 1 Points, -10 Differential, ELIMINATED
8- Mega Rays: 1 Points, -14 Differential, ELIMINATED
The Bedroom Blisseys (The Immortal) - [6][0] - The Hotshot Honchkrows (Jrdn & Snaquaza)
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: DontStealMyPenguin (sub 1) (27) vs Holy Break (21)
USUM Anything Goes: Hamhamhamham (sub 2) (32) vs Catalystic (17)
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Willdbeast (16) vs MAMP (10)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: The Dark Alakazam (38) vs MaceMaster (16)
USUM Mix and Mega: Chazm (21) vs Andyboy500 (16)
USUM Almost Any Ability: The Consort (15) vs Sylveon (13)
The Five-Star Jolteons (DBW & Ransei) - [4][2] - The Hydrophobic Hydreigons (Chloe)
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Arushi (9) vs WTF THHE STALLS (25)
USUM Anything Goes: Paycard (15) vs GarbodorIsHot (20)
USUM Balanced Hackmons: motherlove (18) vs jasprose (17)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Zesty43 (sub 1) (17) vs Kentari (11)
USUM Mix and Mega: The Excadrill (25) vs M'joe'ra (15)
USUM Almost Any Ability: Official Fissure (26) vs aesf (7)
The Metro Boomin Mega Rayquazas (DEG & sedertz) - [3][3] - The Treasure Town Talonflames (Leru & Megazard)
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: HunterStorm (16) vs Charmflash (23)
USUM Anything Goes: DonnotheFirst (20) vs Highlord (sub 1) (16)
USUM Balanced Hackmons: morogrim (13) vs Quantum Tesseract (29)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Shiba (sub 1) (10) vs Trace (7)
USUM Mix and Mega: Akashi (13) vs Eien (4)
USUM Almost Any Ability: Sabella (9) vs EternalSnowman (sub 2) (19)
The Buyer Bewears (ScarfWynaut & Uselesscrab) - [4][2] - The Hellborn Heliolisks (drampa's grandpa & OM room)
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: PurpleGatorade (20) vs Fardin (10)
USUM Anything Goes: Alpha Rabbit (20) vs iLlama (8)
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) (55) vs tzop (sub 1) (15)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Osra (4) vs Freddy Kyogre (28)
USUM Mix and Mega: skysolo14 (sub 1) (14) vs Laxpras (16)
USUM Almost Any Ability: itsKimbo (16) vs shiloh (12)
Leaderboard
1- Blisseys: 12 Points, +29 Differential, GUARANTEED FIRST
2- Bewears: 10 Points, +5 Differential, GUARANTEED SEMIFINALIST
3- Jolteons: 8 Points, +2 Differential
4- Hydreigons: 6 Points, +4 Differential
5- Honchkrows: 5 Points, -4 Differential, ELIMINATED
6- Heliolisks: 3 Points, -12 Differential, ELIMINATED
7- Talonflames: 1 Points, -10 Differential, ELIMINATED
8- Mega Rays: 1 Points, -14 Differential, ELIMINATED
The Hotshot Honchkrows (Jrdn & Snaquaza) - [2][4] - The Buyer Bewears (ScarfWynaut & Uselesscrab)
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Holy Break (21) vs PurpleGatorade (20)
USUM Anything Goes: Catalystic (17) vs byronthewellwell (sub 1) (30)
USUM Balanced Hackmons: MAMP (10) vs Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) (55)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: TheShadowClaw (sub 1) (28) vs Osra (4)
USUM Mix and Mega: Andyboy (16) vs MultiAmmiratore (21)
USUM Almost Any Ability: Sylveon. (13) vs itsKimbo (16)
The Treasure Town Talonflames (Leru & Megazard) - [2][4] - The Hellborn Heliolisks (drampa's grandpa & OM room)
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: EternalSnowman (19) vs Fardin (10)
USUM Anything Goes: Highlord (16) vs Freddy Kyogre (sub 2) (28)
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Quantum Tesseract (29) vs shiloh (12)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Arifeen (sub 1) (10) vs motogp (sub 1) (11)
USUM Mix and Mega: Eien (4) vs xavgb (18)
USUM Almost Any Ability: Anty (7) vs tzop (activity) (15)
The Hydrophobic Hydreigons (Chloe) - [2][4] - The Bedroom Blisseys (The Immortal)
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: WTF THHE STALLS (25) vs DontStealMyPenguin (27)
USUM Anything Goes: GarbodorIsHot (20) vs Mysterious M (18)
USUM Balanced Hackmons: jasprose (17) vs Willdbeast (16)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Kentari (11) vs The Dark Alakazam (38)
USUM Mix and Mega: M'joe'ra (15) vs Chazm (21)
USUM Almost Any Ability: aesf (7) vs Hamhamhamham (sub 1) (32)
The Metro Boomin Mega Rayquazas (DEG & sedertz) - [2.5][3.5] - The Five-Star Jolteons (DBW & Ransei)
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: HunterStorm (16) vs Paycard (15)
USUM Anything Goes: DonnotheFirst (20) vs The Excadrill (25)
USUM Balanced Hackmons: morogrim (13) vs Disciple_1 (13)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Betathunder (17) vs martha (11)
USUM Mix and Mega: Akashi (13) vs Zesty43 (17)
USUM Almost Any Ability: Sabella (9) vs bdov (10)
Leaderboard
1- Blisseys: 14 Points, +31 Differential, FIRST PLACE
2- Bewears: 12 Points, +7 Differential, SEMIFINALIST
3- Jolteons: 10 Points, +3 Differential, SEMIFINALIST
4- Hydreigons: 6 Points, +2 Differential
5- Honchkrows: 5 Points, -6 Differential
6- Heliolisks: 5 Points, -10 Differential
7- Talonflames: 2 Points, -10 Differential
8- Mega Rays: 2 Points, -14 Differential

FINAL RESULTS!
1- Blisseys: 14 Points, +31 Differential, FIRST PLACE
2- Bewears: 12 Points, +7 Differential, SEMIFINALIST
3- Jolteons: 10 Points, +3 Differential, SEMIFINALIST
4- Hydreigons: 6 Points, +2 Differential
5- Honchkrows: 5 Points, -6 Differential
6- Heliolisks: 5 Points, -10 Differential
7- Talonflames: 2 Points, -10 Differential
8- Mega Rays: 2 Points, -14 Differential

I recommend this round is updated ASAP to the proper teams to make sure we can get the matches done on time.
Shoutouts TheCoastsOfToast for this ingenious way of scoring I just killed like 6 hours of my life on and the Blisseys for being broken.

Part 2: The non-shitpostening! will come tomorrow

ps lmk if i messed up any math, I'll say woops

Last edited:
Look, I'm going to stay what we're all thinking...

Semis aren't going even be close--I think HH is going to wipe the floor with HH. To start with, we all know that HH has been horrendously mismanaged the entire tour, doing them no favors when going up against HH's superior draft. If you still have doubts, spend a few minutes watching replays from past weeks, and you'll see that HH has put on a dominating show of force. On the flipside, I could link a few replays from HH here to contrast, but I don't want to embarrass those players even more than they've already embarrassed themselves. I understand that there are fans for both HH and HH, but can we all take a moment to be honest with ourselves? HH has this in the bag.

My apologies to everyone on HH, but it's going to take a miracle to win this one. Best of luck to HH, and enjoy your easy spot in the Finals.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Look, I'm going to stay what we're all thinking...

Semis aren't going even be close--I think HH is going to wipe the floor with HH. To start with, we all know that HH has been horrendously mismanaged the entire tour, doing them no favors when going up against HH's superior draft. If you still have doubts, spend a few minutes watching replays from past weeks, and you'll see that HH has put on a dominating show of force. On the flipside, I could link a few replays from HH here to contrast, but I don't want to embarrass those players even more than they've already embarrassed themselves. I understand that there are fans for both HH and HH, but can we all take a moment to be honest with ourselves? HH has this in the bag.

My apologies to everyone on HH, but it's going to take a miracle to win this one. Best of luck to HH, and enjoy your easy spot in the Finals.
tl;dr

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus

OMPL VI: In the eyes of Ransei
Hello readers! I'm posting this now since the Five-Star Jolteons are officially kicked out of OMPL this year. As many of you can tell, this is the second edition to a previously greater post I have made in the past year. Let's be real, hardly any of us are going to bother reading a 10,000 word documentary on how my experience with OMPL was and honestly I don't have much to say this time, so I promise this post won't go up to 10,000 words. In this edition I'm generally going to talk about how I felt about this OMPL, compare it to last year, and decide on what I'm likely to do in OMPL VII.​

Generally speaking, this OMPL has been greatly different for me than it has been in the previous two years. This time around we had bigger competition with 8 teams, two Anything Goes formats, and teams running solo managers making the whole scenario interesting to say the least. I wasn't sure what to expect this year as drafts from each team had a total amount of skill level much closer to each other than ever before and our team miraculously received most of the players either DBW or I initially wanted. Despite receiving a good team, I only have one thing to say about how our drafting turned out. The upbidding competition was too fierce. I chickened out of too many upbids this time ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Keep in mind, this is coming from ME! Getting average upbids caused me to get a bit more players than I expected, which is always fine and I don't believe any crucial mistakes were made for our team in the draft.

This next part is where I post an apology and you question why.
Unlike last year, during this OMPL I hardly felt spirited at all. Weeks passed by fast and I couldn't even think about finding a cheerful way to motivate my players. When I signed up for OMPL, I signed up with the intention of not getting too involved this time. My intention was just being there to be a manager. To order lineups and help out my team whenever they requested. Nothing more. This is exactly what I felt I did throughout all of OMPL. Unlike the previous two, I haven't really done anything extra this time, so I feel I wasn't incredibly involved in moving the Five-Star Jolteons. I feel DBW, bdov, Arushi, and Zesty were the spiritual successors of the Five-Star Jolteons. They have truly done great trying to motivate our team to pull forward and take control. I didn't really even notice what I was doing until late in OMPL. I apologize for not going all out this year like I have done back then, I feel the events from last year were most of what caused this. Every time I look back to last year's OMPL it feels awful. Just yesterday I read most of my final OMPL post from last year and I felt dreadful reading it because it was hard to bear. This OMPL however was certainly different and I'll get on with this on a paragraph below.

On to how I felt about this OMPL and the major differences from last year.
Believe it or not, one of the biggest differences between this OMPL and last OMPL is that I don't regret managing this time. This OMPL has made a lot of differences, but I noticed most of it was for the better. This discussion thread was still pretty bad during some points, but moderators have actually taken action to make sure it never got to the extreme and the worst of the worst were removed. It never went down to an all time low, even though what iLlama posted went a bit too far. There was still a bit of drama going around, but this time, easier solutions were made and controversy ended its reign. Unlike last year, my entire OMPL team were incredibly supportive of each other when they were active throughout the entire tournament and I was there to witness it all. I thank the community for how OMPL was ran this time and hope for even better next year. Thank all of you.

Now on to the actual shoutouts!!!

A message to the Jolteons:
Another day, another OMPL lost. I thank all of you for at least trying to put in some effort in hopes that our OMPL team would win this time but I also apologize for being part of the first time I ever managed that didn't make it to the finals. You all have done great for our team anyway and I hope next year, you'd get drafted by someone and do even greater. I'm going to have to sincerely be honest. I'm glad we didn't make it to the finals this time. I really didn't want to suffer another loss to any variant of hax, like I have for the past 2 OMPLs in a row. I wanted to make it to where if we stand down in defeat, we stand down being hax-free, and while we were haxed in earlier weeks, it none of it decided our placement more significantly than if we were haxed in the finals. When it comes to me, finals are when I treat OMPL the most seriously, and for the longest time after losing the finals I've wished my team would've lost before then. Regardless, my personal aim as a manager is to help you achieve your goals assuming it was to win. How you battled was ultimately your own choice. Whatever team you chose and the decision on whether you wanted a bo1 or a bo3 regardless of my reaction were all made based on what you think was for the best for our team. This year I wanted our team to greatly exemplify the reason why each of us is a Jolteon and we did just that. Even though this wasn't the roster with the greatest of players, this is a roster worth remembering. You all are great.

Five-Star Jolteons individual shoutouts
This will be in the order DBW and I drafted each player.

Arushi: Did you know you have the second best record for our team? Aha, just as I expected you did great playing Anything Goes. Thank you for being a solid member of our team and once again grats for getting global voice during your time playing. I hope you continue to become a positive representation of AG. :D

Paycard: As with Arushii, I also thank you for carrying our team through Anything Goes matches. That battle with ham was brutal. How did you live with it I question this while knowing your time being a big AG player has given you several large burdens to carry and unfortunately, the positive side of AG's community is still trying to fix this. I never thought the impact of one match could be so disgustingly terrorizing. Well anyway, I hope you continue to thrive, no matter what others have to say. I currently see you as one of the best if not the best overall ladder player on PS right now.

Magma: Thanks for supplying our other 1v1 players a multitude of teams to use. Even though we lost almost every 1v1 match this OMPL I can see you still tried your best to help. 1v1 is a pretty wild meta, I would've probably lost every week if I played.

Official Fissure: Thanks for supporting my team yet another time, but I feel sorry for your overall track record across all 3 OMPLs and for this being the third time in a row you've been on a losing team made from me. You still pretty much carry the legacy of Legendary Pikachus and Five-Star Jolteons. Despite your record I hope you get drafted once again next year if you still want to play.

Zesty43: Thank you for not only taking the time to learn Mix and Mega despite your inexperience when we first drafted you but for carrying our team, helping with teambuilding, testing, and even setting goals for us. You along with bdov and Arushi carried in a lot of our team spirit together! When we made our draft plan DBW set you down as a Mix and Mega player and was confident that you'd perform well. I do apologize however that we didn't place you in your home meta for most of the weeks.

motherlove: You did great trying to manage yourself between AAA and BH. Unfortunately you were our best hope in AAA despite being a stronger BH player, but at least you had the time to feel comfortable playing it :). Thanks for greatly supporting Disciple_1 with his teambuilding and for making things easier for DBW and I by arranging with Disciple when and if you wanted to play a specific metagame on a certain week.

InfernapeTropius11: rip. You're the first player I drafted who never got to play at all. Yeah, I figured it wasn't worth it for ya, and it's alright. Instead of being second to first place this year we are second to last. Thank you for at least visiting with us during some days to help Zesty out with Mix and Mega.

bdov: Ayy thank you for showing high spirits for our team and trying to take on AAA this OMPL knowing it's not your meta. I believe I honestly expected you to bring that Surge Surfer Clamperl team for at least one week and had it been for a better match up, you could've likely taken the win. As with Zesty, I also apologize you didn't really get to play your main metagame much.

Disciple_1: I'm sorry you never got to prove your worth in this OMPL. I know you're disappointed in yourself right now due to losing four matches in a row and I hope when you get drafted again, you'd be able to pull in some wins! Also, thank you for being a significant part of what makes me want to try out BH again. Last note because I just want to get this out of the way, I honestly hoped you played after it was decided on whether or not Mega Rays lost OMPL regardless but alas, we unfortunately could not. It would've been awesome to end our reign with a team of 6 Kyogre!!!

Baleblaze: Sorry you only got to play one week of 1v1 this year. I wish you could've played more. Hope you get this opportunity next year if The Immortal decides to keep 1v1 in OMPL.

The Excadrill: Literally the goat. Not gonna lie man I underestimated you the entire time but you managed to pull it off and prove me wrong, having the best record for our team this year with a mighty 3-0. Thank you for keeping your cool when you wanted to call out on the Hydreigons and thank you for coming to me for team advice.

martha: Thank you for taking a brave step and standing up when you needed to. Being given Bushtush's history I know you were worried about him bringing us into that mess he made after your AAA match and had I have known prior to week 3 I would've likely not paired you up with him.

Kyogre: Ultimately still the GOAT Pokemon. It appears you have returned once again to greatly impact OMPL with your icy freezes. Do me a favor and chill a bit with those freezes ok? :^)

DBW: I don't care what you say about this but I couldn't have been the main manager for the Five-Star Jolteons this year. Even though I made the final decision of our weekly lineups and posted it on our convo with E4 Flint, you were the one who not only ultimately influenced our draft and my final decision, but had a lot more spirit, showed great discord activity, and worked around proper ways to lineup our team each week. You took more time to pep up our team, to encourage them. To know about their weekly plans and likely more about their battling schedule than I did. As I pmed you a few days ago, I have no regrets having you as my co-manager and honestly, consider yourself the main manager this year. Even though it's alphabetical, your name is first on the list of Five-Star Jolteons anyway :^). Thanks so much for helping me out this year like you have last year.

To everyone: I hope I did great as a co-manager this time.

Outsiders....

I guess nobody is really an outsider then... huh. After all, it is the reason why the Five-Star Jolteons channel is now clearly accessible to everyone!

vivalospride: VIVALOGOAT... The closest Jolteon who didn't get drafted. Thanks for providing help for our team on the way through and giving me info about a certain user just so I could be aware of when they struck action. Our team was welcome to have you in our discord. If only I had an extra 3k I would've bought you and you would've been able to play!

ScarfWynaut: Just like myself you're now in the finals for the second time in a row. As a former Jolteons manager I will say, good luck to you and your team! Show every Jolteon what your team is made of!

Uselesscrab: A great team from a great manager. I hope you win! Thanks for making me part Bewear.

Chloe: I want your team to make it to finals considering it'd be awesome seeing a team that got 6-0ed one week actually winning, however I still want Bewears to win :(. Also, the second half of Paycard's shoutout applies to you too.

Osra: Nice to see you succeed as a good fit for an OMPL team this year. Good job! *salute* -Your former manager

HunterStorm: s/o for being a former Jolteon GOAT.

EzyRider: s/o for being a part of the Mega Ray AG squad of GOATS. HunterStorm must've taught you well!

Laxpras: The w0rd of OMPL. An absolute goat! Though you lost your streak in MnM after getting 15-0 in OMPL, You are still ultimately the OMPL Champion.

DurzaOffTopic: This may be a bit off topic but keep doing good for Ruins of Alph! Well anyway, back on topic, I'd feel bad for you if the Honchkrows actually win this knowing you were almost its main manager.

Jrdn: Invite us to your discord already :[.

Snaquaza: First of all, welcome back to being a part of OMs even if it may or may not be just for OMPL. Second of all, When we did our final mock draft, you were honestly the drafter I feared the most.

The Immortal: Bad excuse to lose OMPL :'(. OMPL has been much closer this year than ever before! Thank you for taking care of the OMPL Discussions Thread and for taking action when it was necessary.

Kris: Hi Kris.

drampa's grandpa: 1) Refer to the shoutout below. 2) You gave me a reason to actually consider managing again... You don't know it, but you did. Thank you. I believe you may find out the reason sometime in the future along with something else more personal.

OM room: No fair your team stole our spot. I thought we were the better Electric-types :^(

E4 Flint: I couldn't have asked for a better host. You made me realize I was far from prepared for taking action as a host by showing greatly detailed responses with every controversial situation out there and were always there to fix something when we needed it. Thank you for being a fantastic host.

Everyone else: Thanks for participating! I hope you had a great time.

Idk. I'll probably manage. Honestly I feel I'm most likely going to manage again next year but don't be surprised if I want to play BH. :pirate:

This is my 999th post on Smogon and it has a total of 2682 words.

I definitely can't top what Ransei said but I want to thank Ransei for letting me co-manage as well as The Immortal for letting it happen after managers were chose. OMPL was super fun and as allowed me to get a taste at managing a team tour.

As for the Jolteon's I am sorry we didn't do as well as we hoped and a lot of the talent on the team was playoff worthy. Special shoutout to Zesty43 for taking responsibility in the team, making sure everyone was prepped and filling a captain role. Everyone put in maximum effort and despite our below par results in BH and 1v1 everyone should be proud of themselves. Plus Vivalospride is the mvp for helping the team out so much despite not being officially on the team.

I intend to stick around and learn the metas more as maybe with more knowledge our draft may have been more balanced. Shoutout to DEG for somehow getting an even more RPS metagame than Monotype into OMPL.

Ren

fuck it if i cant have him
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Since it's over for us I'll post shoutouts like last year.

drampa's grandpa and OM room. Thanks for picking me up, guys, sorry for not playing as much as you all probably wanted me to. We had a lit team and a lit chat and even though one of you embarrassed us sometimes with your posts I appreciated the friendly atmosphere we developed in our team chat.

Fardin Tbh you were right about me not having any proven tournament success, so hopefully this fixes it a bit. Aside from that you were really cool in the team chat, I'm glad I got to know this side of you. If other people saw it, you'd def be really popular since you're p supportive and friendly in chats. Was a nice experience

iLlama Didn't get a chance to talk to you much but you're much better than your record suggests and you were really chill in team chat. Best of luck to you in future tours and I know I'll prob see you in OMPL next year

shiloh When you signed up I knew I had to get you on my team, you're rly a goat and we've been together in every pl I've signed up for lmao. Pulled wins when we needed them and you played really well overall and were lit in the chat, looking forward to winning MPL w/ ya

Freddy Kyogre Solid in 1v1 though I had no idea what was going on but it looked good

motogp was nice having you on board and stuff

Adrian Marin thanks for being there vs mamp

tzop I'm not the best BH player :p Jokes aside I wasn't sure who you were or how good you are when you first got drafted, I just knew you played BH. You definitely pulled your weight though and deserved a better record than you have.

xavgb I had a bad OMPL last year too. You're great, tours just suck sometimes but you deserve a better record and you'll eventually get it.

Laxpras still undefeated in aaa and still the goaaat, sick game vs ham which i definitely wouldnt have won but the fact you managed to get that win is sick

fsk Still super helpful and amazing. You really pulled through for me this year and this is what last year should've been. You helped me a great amount with prep and stuff even when you were busy and I really appreciate it. Thank you

Quantum Tesseract Thanks for coming through when Adrian died and for helping me. You're more solid than people believe, I think this OMPL really proved that. Good job this OMPL

highlighter Way to scare the hell out of me, I was dizzy after our game lol. You should've gone undefeated and you're pretty sick, still top 2 imo. Thanks for helping w/ tests and stuff

MAMP I appreciate you helping me with prep too, you were probably the person I prepared for the most just because you're pretty difficult to prepare for. Thanks for a fun match

morogrim Challenging opponent to prep for and the actual game was tough as well, but it was a fun experience. Ty

motherlove You put your faith in someone like me and it somehow came through, I have no idea what the hell happened this OMPL but I'll take it. Thanks for coming back and I still think you're amazing at BH even after all the rust, I tried talking to my managers to get you but it didn't work out :[ Also ty for helping me

Chloe Thanks for your consistent encouragement even when I didn't land on the same team, I appreciate it.

Uselesscrab Same as Chloe probably, you seemed really confident in me even against your player so that means a bunch

The Immortal for dropping 31k on your BH core so I had something that I wanted to beat. Also for considering me predraft

ScarfWynaut for calling me goku

EV for giving me the chance last year, I hope that even though I'm not a koi by name anymore I was still able to please you

E4 Flint for hosting, helping me with tests, providing me w/ mental support and encouragement, giving feedback on my prep sometimes, giving me smth to look forward to w/ the offer of the bo3, and just overall being awesome as usual. you were a great host and the only thing i really questioned was the top 3 format, aside from that it was good. you really came through this ompl, i just wish this ompl could've had you as a player so be on the same team or play each other but im getting that anyway too. overall a really fun tour as usual even if it wouldve been more fun w/ you participating as a player, but always next year.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
Part 2: The non-shitpostening! will come tomorrow
Here it is!

I seem to recall last year someone (ScarfWynaut?) did an analysis of OMPL based on wins per amount of money spent. I rather liked that way of looking at it, so I decided to crunch some numbers on my own and see what came up.

Note that I'm only basing this on the regular season. I may do more based on finals but I'm not sure I see the point.

First, the team results. These largely coincide with the actual results as, given that each team spent approximately the same amount of 'money' to within 3k of each other, this is a function of number of wins. I rounded cost per win to the nearest whole number because it looks neater.
#8: Talonflames

Amount spent: 80k
Wins: 15
Cost per win: 5,333
Rank in tournament: 8
#7: Jolteons

Wins: 17
Cost per win: 4,706
Rank in tournament: 7
#6: Heliolisks

Wins: 18
Cost per win: 4,444
Rank in tournament: 6
#5: Hydreigons

Wins: 21
Cost per win: 3,810
Rank in tournament: 3
#4: Blisseys

Amount spent: 78k
Wins: 21
Cost per win: 3,715
Rank in tournament: 5
#2: Mega Rays

Wins: 24
Cost per win: 3,333
Rank in tournament: 4
#2: Honchkrows

Wins: 24
Cost per win: 3,333
Rank in tournament: 2
#1: Bewears

Wins: 27
Cost per win: 2,963
Rank in tournament: 1

This has about a 93% correlation (using the method sw used in a post above this as googled by me) with the actual standings. The only real difference is the Hydreigons fell a couple places, which is due largely to the fact that they got 6-0'd one week.

The individual players cost / win is a much larger info dump so I'll put it in a hide tag.
This is sorted by best buy (lowest cost per win) to worst buy (highest cost per win). Any winless people will be at the bottom, sorted by ascending cost, as I believe they are still relevant to this analysis even if I get a divide by zero error when I try to math them :(

Note that this system is far from perfect: it heavily prioritizes low costs, completely ignores any signifier of contribution but raw number of wins (meaning things like difficulty of opponent, or contribution to teambuilding is ignored), and ignores the actual important part of OMPL: weeks won / lost. The reason I'm saying this is because I don't want anyone to get too invested in the rankings here; they're based on raw numbers, and should not effect how you view yourself or necessarily how you view your performance this OMPL. This is especially because a low ranking is not necessarily because you performed poorly; someone who went for 30k will have a relatively low ranking no matter how well they do, and many of the higher prices require six or seven wins to compete with the cheaper buys that get one or two wins. This is simply one way of looking at the data.

This list goes Name, Cost, Team, Wins, Price/Win. It is sorted by cost/win first, then raw number of wins, then alphabetically.
If you would like a prettier version check here!

1. The Dark Alakazam, 3000 cost, The Bedroom Blisseys, 5 wins, 600 cost/win

(source)
  2. Mysterious M, 3000, Blisseys, 4, 750
  3. Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request), 5000, Bewears, 5, 1000
  4. The Excadrill, 3000, Jolteons, 3, 1000
  5. tzop, 3000, Heliolisks, 3, 1000
  6. Akashi, 4500, Mega Rays, 4, 1125
  7. Sylveon., 7000, Honchkrows, 6, 1166.6667
  8. Bushtush, 3500, Bewears, 3, 1166.6667
  9. Lax, 4000, Talonflames, 3, 1333.3333
  10. MaceMaster, 4000, Honchkrows, 3, 1333.3333
  11. DonnotheFirst, 5500, Mega Rays, 4, 1375
  12. Alpha Rabbit, 3000, Bewears, 2, 1500
  13. EzyRider, 3000, Mega Rays, 2, 1500
  14. Garay Oak, 3000, Talonflames, 2, 1500
  15. Iron Crusher, 3000, Bewears, 2, 1500
  16. Trace, 3000, Talonflames, 2, 1500
  17. Sabella, 8000, Mega Rays, 5, 1600
  18. WTF THHE STALLS, 10500, Hydreigons, 6, 1750
  19. Osra, 7000, Bewears, 4, 1750
  20. aesf, 3500, Hydreigons, 2, 1750
  21. GarbodorIsHot, 3500, Hydreigons, 2, 1750
  22. Skysolo14, 3500, Bewears, 2, 1750
  23. M'Joe'ra, 6000, Hydreigons, 3, 2000
  24. shiloh, 6000, Heliolisks, 3, 2000

This is the 25th percentile. ~25% of buys are above this point. (approx. cuz rounding)

25. Chazm, 10500, Blisseys, 5, 2100
  26. Andyboy500, 8500, Honchkrows, 4, 2125
  27. Freddy Kyogre, 7500, Heliolisks, 3, 2500
  28. Jasprose, 7500, Hydreigons, 3, 2500
  29. GL Volkner, 8000, Heliolisks, 3, 2666.6667
  30. Kentari, 8000, Hydreigons, 3, 2666.6667
  31. UBERLandon21, 6000, Honchkrows, 2, 3000
  32. Blazikin, 3000, Blisseys, 1, 3000

Past this point one win costs more than the minimum player cost of 3k. In my opinion this is where "good buys" stop, and become merely average buys. It is also slightly above where the price per win of the leading team (the Bewears, with 2,963 per win) rests.

33. Arushi, 9500, Jolteons, 3, 3166.6667
  34. HolyBreak, 10000, Honchkrows, 3, 3333.3333
  35. MAMP, 10000, Honchkrows, 3, 3333.3333
  36. Zesty43, 10000, Jolteons, 3, 3333.3333
  37. Paycard, 13500, Jolteons, 4, 3375
  38. Laxpras, 7000, Heliolisks, 2, 3500
  39. itsKimbo, 3500, Bewears, 1, 3500
  40. PurpleGatorade, 14500, Bewears, 4, 3625
  41. HunterStorm, 19500, Mega Rays, 5, 3900
  42. Catalystic, 12000, Honchkrows, 34000
  43. motherlove, 12000, Jolteons, 3, 4000
  44. In The Hills, 4000, Hydreigons, 1, 4000
  45. martha, 4000, Jolteons, 1, 4000
  46. Joker 1v1, 4500, Mega Rays, 1, 4500
  47. Pigeons, 10000, Bewears, 2, 5000

This is the 50th percentile. Players above this were above average buys. Players below were below average buys.

48. Arifeen, 5000, Talonflames, 1, 5000
  49. Eien, 5000, Talonflames, 1, 5000
  50. Halliday, 5000, Hydreigons, 1, 5000
  51. sugarhigh, 5000, Bewears, 1, 5000
  52. Fardin, 15500, Heliolisks, 3, 5166.6667
  53. morogrim, 16500, Mega Rays, 3, 5500
  54. DontStealMyPenguin, 5500, Blisseys, 1, 5500
  55. Charmflash, 6000, Talonflames, 1, 6000
  56. EternalSnowman, 14000, Talonflames, 2, 7000
  57. Quantum Tesseract, 22000, Talonflames, 3, 7333.3333
  58. Hamhamhamham, 15500, Blisseys, 2, 7750
  59. Multiammiratore, 8000, Bewears, 18000
  60. Highlighter, 21000, Blisseys, 2, 10500
  61. Willdbeast, 10500, Blisseys, 1, 10500
  62. xavgb, 14500, Heliolisks, 1, 14500

This is the end of the players with wins. Below this there is no price/win due to a lack of wins. Players are sorted by increasing price.

63. Disciple_13000, Jolteons, 0
  64. Infernapetropius11, 3000, Jolteons, 0
  65. Cookiekins, 3000, Blisseys, 0
  66. The Consort, 3000, Blisseys, 0
  67. Emperor2, 3000, Bewears, 0
  68. Vhayle, 3000, Hydreigons, 0
  69. Anty, 3000, Talonflames, 0

This is the 75th percentile.

70. mags, 3000, Honchkrows, 0
  71. Terracotta, 3000, Honchkrows, 0
  72. Baleblaze, 3500, Jolteons, 0
  73. motogp, 3500, Heliolisks, 0
  74. Shiba3500, Mega Rays, 0
  75. Pikachuun, 3500, Honchkrows, 0
  76. TheCoastsOfToast, 4000, Hydreigons, 0
  77. Betathunder, 4000, Mega Rays, 0
  78. aki0s, 4500, Mega Rays, 0
  79. Funbot28, 5000, Hydreigons, 0
  80. Lotiasite, 5000, Hydreigons, 0
  81. TheShadowClaw, 5000, Honchkrows, 0
  82. Magma, 5500, Jolteons, 0
  83. ihhca, 5500, Bewears, 0
  84. byron the bab bab, 5500, Bewears. 0
  85. Illama, 6000, Heliolisks, 0
  86. UnleashOurPassion, 6000, Hydreigons, 0
  87. Official Fissure, 6500, Jolteons, 0
  88. bdov, 6500, Jolteons, 0
  89. Mark_K, 6500, Mega Rays, 0
  90. Plas, 8000, Honchkrows, 0
  91. Adrian Marin, 9000, Heliolisks, 0
  92. GRNBLN, 9000, Hydreigons, 0
  93. Highlord, 15000, Talonflames, 0 (rip Highlord's win)

Let me know if I messed any of this up! Again as I said in the hide tag, none of this intended to attack any particular player or teams; this is one metric among many that can be applied, and some team contributions are difficult to measure. Don't beat yourself (or anyone else for that matter) up over these rankings.

Congratulations to The Dark Alakazam for being the best deal for the regular season this OMPL!

EDIT: Edited in light of the ruling of the bad game last round.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)