OMPL VI Discussion Thread

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Is there a way to make it clearer that talking about plays / sets in a match is entirely unacceptable? I've been seeing it way too much this OMPL. I feel like matches should start with modchat on at this point.

Don't do it guys. Just don't.
hi, i'm one of the people that talks about sets in a match

plays i can completely get behind being banned, it can kinda be seen as a form of ghosting to some extent, but not sets tbh if the predictions are clearly inaccurate or just jokes. in the case of the game i know brought this up, i (hopefully clearly) joked about the buzzwole being a red orb set with hp fire, even though nobody would run such a thing. i personally think such a "prediction" is perfectly fine as it is a joke and not meant to be taken seriously, if an unset like that influences the person's behavior that much rip them i guess

putting on modchat from the start is ok, but i personally believe it's ultimately up to the players' discretion, otherwise we can't give PURPLE GATORADE OUR ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ as some people like the chat but too much/toxic of a chat i'm pretty sure most people would believe is bad

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
hi, i'm one of the people that talks about sets in a match

plays i can completely get behind being banned, it can kinda be seen as a form of ghosting to some extent, but not sets tbh if the predictions are clearly inaccurate or just jokes. in the case of the game i know brought this up, i (hopefully clearly) joked about the buzzwole being a red orb set with hp fire, even though nobody would run such a thing. i personally think such a "prediction" is perfectly fine as it is a joke and not meant to be taken seriously, if an unset like that influences the person's behavior that much rip them i guess

putting on modchat from the start is ok, but i personally believe it's ultimately up to the players' discretion, otherwise we can't give PURPLE GATORADE OUR ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ as some people like the chat but too much/toxic of a chat i'm pretty sure most people would believe is bad
I'm talking more about the person who speculated about a Noivern being Salamencite and Buzzwole being... Aggronite iirc? There's a line, and some people have shown that they don't know how to not step over it.

Jrdn

Not a promise, I'm just gonna call it.
I don't even let my opponent join my matches. Never know when they might leak a set or hint at a play. "glhf" yeah sure what does that mean? Could be "Gonna Lead Heatproof Ferrothorn" for all I know. Can't have that snakery in my matches. Honestly.
Also if your opponent doesn't join, that's an easy act call. Gotta take the wins where you can

Now that we're coming up on the end of the season, we're almost ready at long last to answer the question: who is the best team of OMPL VI?

The standings would seem to indicate the 2018 Buyer Bewears, and from my impartial position, I would tend to agree. But upon further inspection, and after a discussion with my esteemed co-manager ScarfWynaut, we discovered an unlikely candidate for best OMPL VI team:
the 2017 King Kois.

Now, I know what you're thinking. "UC, didn't that team go winless?" "Didn't they have 14 players, only two of whom finished with winning records, and cycle through 3 different co-managers?" "Is this just an excuse for you to make fun of EV's Lorde parodies again, like you did relentlessly last year?" I asked myself all these questions too. But after examining all the evidence, I am left to conclude only one thing:
EV is the greatest drafter for OMPLs (that take place one year in the future) of all time (and that's why he wanted retains so much!).

I know it seems unlikely, but take a look at the bizarre improvement from some of that ill-fated King Kois team's players (so far!):

PurpleGatorade: OMPL V: 1-2. OMPL VI: 4-1
GL Volkner: OMPL V: 0-3. OMPL VI: 3-0
Sabella: OMPL V: 3-1. OMPL VI: 5-1
Sylveon.: OMPL V: 2-1. OMPL VI: 5-0
Pigeons: OMPL V: 0-2. OMPL VI: 2-2
Chazm: OMPL V: 1-3. OMPL VI: 5-1
shiloh: OMPL V: 1-2 (and tournament banned). OMPL VI: 3-3

Granted, the Kois had a couple other players who are also playing this year and haven't done much (ihhca, Shiba), and of course the season is longer. But compared to last year, those 7 players above have increased their win totals by 19, and decreased losses by 6.

Imagine if the team had somehow stayed together; perhaps EV would be Lorde-ing it over us all throughout this OMPL.

Swimmin' in ruins of a league within my dreams
And you know we're on the King Kois team
source: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ompl-v-discussion-thread.3606895/page-14#post-7461731

OMPL VI News Headline: Fardin tilts Purple to ask the enemy team for testing
+PurpleGatorade: come back i need testing
+PurpleGatorade: :i
Catalystic : For?
+PurpleGatorade : ompl

This battle is invite-only!
Users must be rank + or invited with /invite to join
☆Catalystic ❤ joined.
☆PurpleGatorade ❤ joined.
Format:
[Gen 7] Anything Goes
Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages

☆PurpleGatorade ❤: hf
☆Catalystic ❤: Hf
Battle between Catalystic ❤ and PurpleGatorade ❤ started!

Go! Shuckle!

PurpleGatorade ❤ sent out [redacted]!
Turn 1
☆Catalystic ❤: Why is this ionext

[redacted], come back!
Go! [redacted]!

The opposing [redacted] used [redacted]!
It's not very effective...
[redacted] lost 19% of its health!
Turn 2
☆PurpleGatorade ❤: im testing
☆PurpleGatorade ❤: for ompl
☆PurpleGatorade ❤: hello
☆PurpleGatorade ❤: oh wait
☆PurpleGatorade ❤: fuck
☆PurpleGatorade ❤: oml
☆PurpleGatorade ❤: ur on
☆PurpleGatorade ❤: fucking
☆PurpleGatorade ❤: hbs
☆PurpleGatorade ❤: tea
☆Catalystic ❤: ......
☆PurpleGatorade ❤: im gay
☆Catalystic ❤: i thought

PurpleGatorade ❤ forfeited.

Catalystic ❤ won the battle!
☆PurpleGatorade ❤ left.

+PurpleGatorade: im gay
+PurpleGatorade: pls
+PurpleGatorade: do not
+PurpleGatorade: leak
+PurpleGatorade: why
+PurpleGatorade: am i actually retatded
+PurpleGatorade: OMG
+PurpleGatorade: holy fuck
Catalystic: lool I thought u were joking
+PurpleGatorade: NO IM MENTAL
+PurpleGatorade: ahhhhhh
+PurpleGatorade: this is like me accidentally challing skarph

pazza

Banned deucer.
OMPL VI News Headline: Fardin tilts Purple to ask the enemy team for testing
+PurpleGatorade: come back i need testing
+PurpleGatorade: :i
Catalystic : For?
+PurpleGatorade : ompl

This battle is invite-only!
Users must be rank + or invited with /invite to join
☆Catalystic ❤ joined.
☆PurpleGatorade ❤ joined.
Format:
[Gen 7] Anything Goes
Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages

☆PurpleGatorade ❤: hf
☆Catalystic ❤: Hf
Battle between Catalystic ❤ and PurpleGatorade ❤ started!

Go! Shuckle!

PurpleGatorade ❤ sent out [redacted]!
Turn 1
☆Catalystic ❤: Why is this ionext

[redacted], come back!
Go! [redacted]!

The opposing [redacted] used [redacted]!
It's not very effective...
[redacted] lost 19% of its health!
Turn 2
☆PurpleGatorade ❤: im testing
☆PurpleGatorade ❤: for ompl
☆PurpleGatorade ❤: hello
☆PurpleGatorade ❤: oh wait
☆PurpleGatorade ❤: ur on
☆PurpleGatorade ❤: fucking
☆PurpleGatorade ❤: hbs
☆PurpleGatorade ❤: tea
☆Catalystic ❤: ......
☆PurpleGatorade ❤: im gay
☆Catalystic ❤: i thought

PurpleGatorade ❤ forfeited.

Catalystic ❤ won the battle!
☆PurpleGatorade ❤ left.

+PurpleGatorade: im gay
+PurpleGatorade: pls
+PurpleGatorade: do not
+PurpleGatorade: leak
+PurpleGatorade: why
+PurpleGatorade: am i actually retatded
+PurpleGatorade: OMG
+PurpleGatorade: holy fuck
Catalystic: lool I thought u were joking
+PurpleGatorade: NO IM MENTAL
+PurpleGatorade: ahhhhhh
+PurpleGatorade: this is like me accidentally challing skarph

little did we know this was all bait

Sectonia

But I set fire to the rain
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Mix and Mega: An OMPL player's threatlist
Players
#1 - Stresh
When it comes to Mix and Mega, nobody is as unpredictable or as well played as Stresh is. Despite this being his first season, Stresh is very well prepared for the metagame and easily the most diverse user of the bunch. Whilst he usually dislikes playing conservatively, it is something he can very much do depending on matchup and, arguably, can play the most efficiently out of all due to his consistency in correct doubles or predicts. His teams are often difficult to guess, and it is no surprise that because of this he is very capable of luring his opponents and playing around uncommon Pokemon that might potentially give his teams trouble. With that however, he is rather vulnerable to good stall teams, due to his very high usage of offensive teams and often preps through using common Pokemon to beat it. Despite this, it is very possible for Stresh to outright beat any stall user when it comes to it, particularly due to his expert abuse of hazards and, imo, the best stallbreaker in the metagame in Magearna. Very solid pick, and if he doesn't badly tilt, Stresh should be capable of 7-0ing without effort.
4DB72692-6982-447B-9395-DE90D1C973BF.jpeg

Sectonia

But I set fire to the rain
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Multi Today at 4:06 PM
f
my team
got deleted.
give me 5 min
top snivy(chazm) Today at 4:07 PM
loooooooool
Multi Today at 4:07 PM
to rebuild it
IM A FUCKING JOHNING IDIOT(stresh) Today at 4:07 PM
lmao
Multi Today at 4:07 PM
and I'm fine.
IM A FUCKING JOHNING IDIOT Today at 4:07 PM
@Liars settle into sockets(me) your prediction
finally came true

MultiAmmiratore what the fuck are you doing

xavgb sorry, by the way

[Insert generic getting knocked out post]

Thank you to everyone, friend or foe, who made this tour fun to be part of especially to my fellow Blisseys and The Immortal for drafting me. I'm really glad I got to be a part of this and I had a great couple of games and a lot more than a couple of laughs.

Good luck to those of you who make the final cut and commiserations to those who join us on the sidelines, I'm excited to spectate and I look forwards to seeing you all next year.

Also my cost per win was >9k so at least I got a bingo square

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)