Nuzlocke Challenge

It's quite clear that on a Nuzlocke run, Viridian Forest and Petalburg Woods are as dangerous as Mt. Silver or Cerulean Cave, and Weedle/Wurmple are Kyogres.

I might start a Nuzlocke on Platinum, if I feel like it. Oh, and for those wondering on the name...

The guy who did the first Nuzlocke run did a comic based on his adventures, whereby he caught a Seedot and used John Locke from Lost's face on it. Eventually it evolved from Seedlocke to Nuzlocke, before this happened.

I agree, Nida. Now...

Update 3

Rocket Hideout:
Seeing as I couldn't test Hidden Power, I went to the Rocket Hideout. I didn't fight all of the trainers for fear of poison, although that wasn't much of a problem. The main problem was Giovanni's Kangaskhan, who I needed five of my Pokemon to take down without casualties. Maybe I should've leveled more... at least I got the Silph Scope and kept my team.

Celadon Gym:
Koopa went into the box for this one; Leonardo got a few levels here, but I really wish he had a different Exp. curve (Long is all-around slow). I didn't fight Erika because I'd like Leonardo to have Flame Wheel, and a few extra levels won't hurt.

Pokemon Tower:
Rival wasn't very fun; even though Koopa easy beat Pidgeotto, I scouted with Protect and he used Razor Leaf. Then he switches to Sleep Powder as I send in Robin. Gyarados was also a pain; I may consider picking up an Electric-type at the Power Plant over one of my Grass-types. Finally, Kadbra got a lucky and confused Kushi as she switched in, so I had to bring in Robin to finish it. Luckily Kadabra was pretty stupid and used Disable while I was wasting away the sleep turns.

After that, Pokemon Tower only had two flaws. First, the Gastly I was going to catch to catch Snorlax in a cheap way suicided with Curse. Second, I had a scare at the top where a Koffing Self-Destructed on Robin. Thankfully, she was at full health and lived with 6 HP.

Going South:

After clearing up the Fishermen on Route 12 I made an attempt to catch Snorlax; I had a good strategy going but accidentally clicked Run, which pretty much denied me another Pokemon. I'll get the next one for sure, though.

Besides that, I've been making my way south, fighting trainers as I go. Haven't caught anything yet, but I might get something on Route 15. If I don't I'll just reach the checkpoint (Fuschia City) and backtrack for Pokemon. Currently saved at the top of Route 14. Might just get Erika over with enxt time I leave to heal.

Team:

Wartortle (Koopa)- Level 34- Gentle, Male- Water Gun / Bite / Brick Break / Protect
+Starter Pokemon and main team member. I really want to get Surf for him...

Pidgeotto (Robin)- Level 32- Calm, Female- Wing Attack / Fly / Quick Attack / Sand Attack
+Second team member and successor to EyePecker. I really want her to evolve...

Parasect (Kushi)- Level 29- Naughty, Female- Scratch / Leech Life / Spore / Bullet Seed
+Third team member, useful against types she's not weak to. She may be sitting on the sidelines if I grab an Electric-type...

Gloom (Stinkweed)- Level 30- Naive, Female- Absorb / Sleep Powder / Acid / Stun Spore
+Fourth official team member. Immune to poison, but desperate for better moves.

Hypno (Ganondorf)- Level 31- Hardy, Male- Confusion / Headbutt / Hypnosis / Pound
+Fifth team member and new clown. He should survive four more levels, then I get Psychic. ^_^

Growlithe (Leonardo)- Level 31- Calm, Male- Flame Wheel / Bite / Roar / Take Down
+Final team member; no Flash Fire, but a +SpDef nature and Intimidate make him pretty damn bulky.

Boxed:

Weedle (Hornybee)- Level 4- Modest, Male- Poison Sting / String Shot
+Former team clown. Saving for death fodder, preferably against a female. ;P

Weedle (ImGonnaDie)- Level 8- Impish, Male- Poison Sting / String Shot
+As the name implies, he's death fodder unless I evolve him to use as a doorstop.

Pidgey (Perky)- Level 15- Jolly, Female- Tackle / Sand Attack / Gust / Quick Attack
+Another Pidgey I picked up on the way. Better nature, but Robin's already trained.

Rattata (CRUNCH!)- Level 12- Timid, Male- Tackle / Tail Whip / Quick Attack
+Not gonna train him; I've got five members as it is and want a good Mon in the sixth slot.

Meowth (Klepto)- Level 10- Hardy, Male- Scratch / Growl / Bite
+Another catch I got. He'll be my backup Cut user.

Spearow (ThirdSoFar)- Level 17- Timid, Male- Peck / Growl / Leer / Fury Attack
+Third Spearow I've got, only one I still have. I think I'm set for Fliers.

Ekans (Narcissa)- Level 11- Lonely, Female- Wrap / Leer / Poison Sting
+Maybe Intimidate will be useful, maybe... ?

Zubat (Bite me!)- Level 15- Rash, Male- Leech Life / Astonish / Supersonic
+There, I got my goddamned bat. Happy now, Arceus?

Meowth (ThatsRight)- Level 17- Careful, Male- Scratch / Growl / Bite / Pay Day
+Now all I need to do is teach him to stand and walk on two legs and speaking English.

Farfetch'd (CH'DING)- Level 7- Adamant, Male- Peck / Growl / Leer
+Made use of that Spearow early. He'll make a good Cut slave, but not a good fighter.

Failures:

Spearow (EyePecker)- Level 6- Lonely, Male- Peck / Growl
+My original 2nd, cut short due to poison from a stalwart Weedle.

Diglett (PINGAS!)- Level 18- Sassy, Male- Magnitude / Scratch / Sand Attack / Dig
+Poor thing got bested by a Pikachu of all things... he never really acted as I would like, though.

Final update time, guys!

Thus the team, lead by the brave General Malone stepped into the Elite Four, for the final chain of battles!

The Team-

Malone, Lv.51

Salem, Lv.56

Smiley, Lv.48

Pterry, Lv.45

Granite, Lv.46

Crusher, Lv.48

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

First blood was drawn by Lorelei herself, the sacrifice of Granite to bring down Slowbro, after Salem swept the rest of her team with Thunderbolt and Faint Attack. Nothing a bit of Toxic can't solve.
Bruno was just an excuse to bring out Malone.
As was Agatha for Salem.
Lance was more interesting, Salem took care of Gyarados and Aerodactyl (I swear he had a Charizard?) but Pterry was called on for Dragonite. A fire Rock Slides took him down, but Dragonair finished it with an Outrage :( Malone sweep to finish off.

The final battle begins, FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!
vs.

Salem used Thunderbolt!
Down with 3/4 of his health, how would Pidgeot respond?
Pidgeot used Featherdance!
Oh noes.
Salem used Thunderbolt!
Pidegot fainted!
One down, 5 to go!
vs.

Persian used Faint Attack!
Thats a little under 1/3 of his health gone, not anticipating much from the rest of him!
Alakazam used Future Sight!
Easy win on the way :D
Alakazam used Psychic!

Alakazam used Psychic!

Well he's down, but Salem's almost joining him :( You thought well old friend, lets take off a chunk of the next pokes health and you can rest...
Persian took the Future Sight attack!
Persian fainted!
:'(
vs.

No, I don't know why I thought this was a good match up.
Exeggutor used Egg bomb!
Smiley used Sunny Day!
Another bad move, not only is he faster than me, but he has Chlorophyll aswell!
Smiley used Acid!
Exeggutor used Egg Bomb!
A long stall esque war between my Moonlights and his Full Restores now occurs...
Exeggutor used Egg Bomb!
It's a Critical Hit!
Smiley fainted!
Had to happen some time... Time to bring out the big guns!
vs.

Go, go gadget Crusher!
Exeggutor used Giga Drain!
Crusher used Hypnosis!
Just enough health to...
Crusher used Belly Drum!
Crusher used Earthquake!
Exeggutor fainted!
Now to swe-oh crap 2 of his team can fly.
vs.

This aint gonna end well :(
Gyarados used Dragon Rage!
Crusher fainted!
I WILL HAVE BLOOD :@!!!
vs.

Malone used Hypnosis!
Malone used Substitute!
Malone used Psychic!
Gyarados fainted!
And now all Butterfree has to do is take down 2 higher level pokemon than him who both have type advantages. Malone can do anything!
vs.

If you don't see it coming, you haven't payed attention.
Malone used Giga Drain!
It's a Critical hit!
Rhydon fainted!
Unnecessary Crit FTW.
And so it comes down to... Butterfree vs. Charizard. Let the final duel commence!
vs.

Charizard used Fireblast!
Malone's Substitue broke!
Malone used Sleep Powder!
Aww, hell. He's faster than me. I'm never gonn- I've got it!
Used X-Speed!
MWAHAHAHAHA! And just for good measure...
Used X-Special!
Malone used Substitute!
Malone used Psychic!
After a long, arduous spam war...
Malone used Psychic...
Charizard fainted!

And so, the team lead by the Butterfree General, Malone, triumphed at the Elite Four.

Final death toll...

George, Lv. 6. Death by Weedle.

Doug, Lv.22. Death by Mankey.

Chuck, Lv.26. Death by Koffing.

Aqua, Lv.37. Death by Weezing.

Cleafland, Lv.45. Death by Alakazam.

Bolognese, Lv.37. Death by Seaking (and my stupidity).

Granite, Lv.46. Death by Slowbro.

Pterry, Lv. 47. Death by Dragonair.

Salem, Lv.60. Death by Alakazam/Exeggutor.

Smiley, Lv.52. Death by Exeggutor.

Crusher, Lv.48. Death by Gyarados.

So, all hail, the champion of Nuzlocke...

Malone, the Butterfree!

Thank you for reading!

Thanks to Accent for the archive there.

Part 9 is in the works. I have already beaten Falkner in-game. Expect it later today.

Pokémon: Grey Version

PART 8

It was just after first light that next morning when I rolled off the couch at the nurse's place. I was starting to make a habit of this, and one no better for my heart than the smoking.

The door to her bedroom was open, and I avoided looking in. The last thing I needed was a reason to stick around. I was sure I was lagging behind.

I felt her hand on my other wrist just as I grabbed the knob to go out. I tried to come up with a hard-edged parting shot that would let me leave without turning around. I came up empty.

Her hair was a mess, like tangled pink yarn. She was wearing her glasses up on top of it, and she pulled them down on her face and stepped closer as I turned.

"You're a dangerous woman."

"What? I'm a nurse!" Her eyes got very wide, then she smiled.

It was about an hour later when I got to Falkner's place. It was a squat, gray building with low, square windows and a sullen white placard that read only, "Gym." I pushed open the door and walked in unceremoniously.

The interior was dark and brick-oven hot. A dewdropper in a bald tweed jacket lounged by the entrance. It was quiet, and my shoes were loud on the pale blue cobbles. There were cheap aluminum fans lining the walls, but they were all still.

"Grass types won't do well here," said the lollygagger, shoving his glasses up on his nose.

I kept walking down the narrow hall, chewing an unlit cigarette and running my fingers along the stone wall. The building was old, built like something that mattered, at least at one point. I rounded a corner and saw a man propped in a corner, hair slicked down and a fat Spearow on his shoulder.

"You came down the wrong hall." What a torpedo this guy was.

"I'm guessing you ain't Falkner."

"Now what gives you that idea?"

"Falkner gets paid enough to be tough, instead of just acting like it."

I already had Snitch's ball in the air as I was saying that, and he predictably sent out that Spearow with a sneer before I was even finished.

Well, that Spearow never saw Snitch coming. He caught it on the way down the first time, and for the moment the corridor was just dizzy bodies and an awful scraping sound. Tangled up, they held still, then there was a wet thump. Snitch heeled while the Spearow lay in a heap.

The man in the corner had to be maybe 20 or 25, but in that moment I could only see the boy in the woods. I blew a long, thin line of smoke while he just stared at the ground.

Turning slowly, I continued down the hall.

"You can't... you can't smoke. In here."

I caught his eye sidelong, over my shoulder. This I knew. Trying to assert control over anything, in a moment of impotence.

"Thanks all the same, old bird, but I just realized that I don't really care what people do in here."

Alright, Platinum: Try 2

Team:

Nook the Ponyta, level 11

Kip the Prinplup, level 18

Geode the Geodude, level 13

Backup:

Kwak, the Psyduck, Level 5

Two Tails the Zubat (Going to be used for Fly and Defog HMs,) Level 5

Sphinx the Shinx, Level 10

R.I.P

Tweet the Starly, who life was cut short during training do to a crit tackle :'(

A moment for the fallen...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I will bring you chapter 1 and 2 in MS paint, at some point. The Emerald Race starts tomorrow so if it isn't up today, it probably won't be up tomorrow.

Part 2

-Trained my pidgey until it learned the move gust so it could take on sprout tower more easily. Inside sprout tower I found no wild pokemon and only trainers with bellsprout. So I told pidgey to gust them all away. Finally I reached the leader of the tower, his pokemon were much more formidable than the others. Let the battle begin!

VS

THORN use Sleep powder!
BULBASAUR used sleep powder
Bellsprout fell asleep...
Ok now hes asleep lets finish him with Tackle!
BULBASAUR used tackle
zzzzz
BULBASAUR used tackle
Bellsprout fainted
Old guy sent out....

VS

A hoothoot!!! aww man thorn is weak to this guy, we should put him to sleep and take him out with tackles so he cant use his super effecteve hits.
BULBASAUR used sleep powder
HootHoot stayed awake due to insomnia
Blast it all! I forgot about insomnia great...
HootHoot used peck its super effective
Uh oh Thorn can't take much more of that.
BULBASAUR used leech seed
HootHoot avoided the attack
HootHoot used Hypnosis
BULBASAUR is fast asleep...
Crap if I stay any longer Thorn won't make it. Better switch to...

VS

Ok CAPTAIN its up to you to take this thing out.
Pidgey used gust
HootHoot used peck
Pidgey used quick attack
HootHoot Fainted
whew that one was a bit harder to kill than I thought.
He sends out a bellsprout I win :)
CAPTAIN rap things up with GUST!!

-The old man seems to be impressed with the way I handle pokemon unlike my new rival Silver. Now its time to face my first GYM

-First I must grind. I evolve my bulbasaur and pidgey for the coming battle. I also caught a geodude in the dark cave.

GYM

So its time to face the first GYM leader Faulkner.
This guy is a bird pokemon trainer so my ivysaur will have a rough time with him. Geodude is much to weak to properly battle him so I have to use pidgeotto.

VS

Let the battle Begin!

VS

hmm well this should be fun

CAPTAIN used Quick Attack
Pidgey fainted...
well that was easy enough haha
Faulkner sent out...

VS

oh! well then.
CAPTAIN used Quick Attack
Pidgeotto used gust
CAPTAIN used Quick attack
Pidgeotto fainted...
It seems I'm the superior bird pokemon trianer.

-After that quick defeat Faulkner gave me the badge as well as the TM Roost, which i later taught to my Pidgeotto.
-I recieved a call from Prof. Elm, says to go see his assistant at the poke mart.
-His assistant gave me a pokemon egg. After leaving the mart a strange dancer woman approached me and told me how important the egg was and to take good care of it. K
-In Route 33 I found a Ekans yaaay. Now its time to Grind...also yay.

To be continued...

CURRENT POKEMON
lvl 16 THORN @ Jolly
-Take Down
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed
-Vine Whip

lvl 18 CAPTAIN @ Jolly
-Quick Attack
-Whirlwind
-Gust
-Roost

lvl 14 VENOM @ Hardy
-Wrap
-Bite
-Poison Sting
-Glare

lvl 12 BALLER @ adamant
-Rock Throw
-Rock Polish
-Tackle
-Defense Curl

QUICK QUESTION TO FELLOW CHALLENGE UNDERTAKERS

Will anyone want to have a wifi battle with the remaining pokemon from the challenge?

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Chapter 1: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2559937&postcount=167

Chapter 2: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2560783&postcount=178

Chapter 3: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2561945&postcount=188

Chapter 4: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2563012&postcount=197

Chapter 5: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2564519&postcount=210

Chapter 6: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2567119&postcount=251

Chapter 7: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2571155&postcount=296

... Chapter 8 will be strange, trust me. That's all I can say.

The route to the east was pretty calm, only having some trainers to deal with. Before I knew it, however, there was a tower shooting up into the sky. Being all too curious, I decided to explore.

It was a little depressing in there, especially with all the graves of Pokemon who hadn't survived. It even made me wonder if I was really doing the right thing by making them battle like this...

I did reach the top, however, and two old ladies each gave me something. One was an HM for Strength, given to Amaya, and the other was a cleanse tag. I wish I had used that now, that's for sure...

On the second floor, a wild Murkrow appeared. I stupidly kept Amaya, my Machop, in to battle. Strength didn't get the kill, and Murkrow hit her hard with a Wing Attack. To save her, I tried to switch her out... Big mistake. Murkrow used Pursuit, catching her on the way back... And there it was, the reality of the situation... She wasn't moving at all... Dead.

I had almost decided to stop this journey right there. How in the world could I go on knowing that any of my party members could end up in the same situation? To my surprise, Kaede, my Geodude, came out of the Pokeball on her own, and went after and took down that Murkrow. Not only that, but this was the experience she needed to evolve. Now she was a much more fierce-looking Graveler, but that didn't stop her from trying to help me out. It was obvious that she wanted to keep going, and I finally gave in. Taking my backup, Evan the Meditite, from the Pokemon Center, I decided to go on, hoping that no other Pokemon on my team would fall like Amaya had.

My team:

Monferno (Sam) Lv. 25 (M)
Bold
Blaze
-Scratch
-Mach Punch
-Flame Wheel
-Taunt

Staravia (Tori) Lv. 25 (F)
Mild
Intimidate
-Whirlwind
-Endeavor
-Quick Attack
-Wing Attack

Bibarel (Chase) Lv. 24 (M)
Bold
Unaware
-Hyper Fang
-Rollout
-Water Gun
-Rock Smash

Graveler (Kaede) Lv. 25 (F)
Serious
Sturdy
-Tackle
-Magnitude
-Rock Blast
-Rock Polish

Budew (Hitomi) Lv. 24 (F)
Quiet
Natural Cure
-Mega Drain
-Flash
-Cut
-Stun Spore

Meditite (Evan) Lv. 16 (M)
Sassy
Pure Power
-Strength
-Meditate
-Confusion
-Hidden Power

In box:

Starly (Kai) Lv. 2 (M)
Modest
Keen Eye
-Tackle
-Growl

Buizel (Colette) Lv. 9 (F)
Lonely
Swift Swim
-Growl
-Water Sport
-Quick Attack
-Water Gun

Shellos (Melo) Lv. 11 (M)
Lax
Storm Drain
-Mud Sport
-Harden
-Water Pulse
-Mud Bomb

Ponyta (Carlos) Lv. 15 (M)
Careful
Run Away
-Tackle
-Growl
-Tail Whip

Deceased:

Machop (Amaya) Lv. 24 (F)
Naive
No Guard
-Low Kick
-Revenge
-Strength
-Karate Chop

What are the rules for the Pokewalker-Is exp gain through it legit? Pokemon caught with it? As in first one on a given course? I would assume not...

What are the rules for the Pokewalker-Is exp gain through it legit? Pokemon caught with it? As in first one on a given course? I would assume not...
I'm going with no Pokewalker partly because I can't save. Experience from it seems fine to me and I suppose you could count each course as a new route, however, some of the Pokemon you can get from it, like Kangaskhan, completely break the game on their own.

Edit: Figured I'd add Day 2 Part 1 to this post. Also, how do I link to a specific post in a thread? I want to link to Day 1 in this post.

Day 2 Part 1

So I head to Sprout Tower to get Flash and be able to challenge the gym. Chompy gets to Lv. 11 fighting the Bellsprouts the trainers have and the wild Rattata. I switch her out for Qat on the third floor because she's getting low on health. He takes out the remaining Bellsprout and gets to Lv. 12 and learns Synthesis and Rocky takes out the Hoothoot.

I take the Escape Rope that I found over to the Ruins of Alph and use it to unlock the secret passage and get the items. I don't bother catching an Unown because I plan to catch a Water Pokemon/Natu/Smeargle once I get Surf/the Good Rod.

I get Rocky up to Lv. 11 so he's learns Rock Throw. He makes quick work of the Voilet Gym including Falkner, which I was sort of surprised about since I remeber my Geodude taking about half from Gust in my first playthrough. I guess it must have gotten a critical hit and I forgot.

I recieve the egg from the assistant and head down Route 32. I give the Miracle Seed to Qat and Woopah gets up to Lv. 11 by the time I get to Union Cave. I got a little worried when I fought the one trainer with the Wooper with Woopah at half health and I realized it must have Mud Shot. I switch to Qat as it uses Tail Whip and it never even gets a turn. I teach Rock Smash to Rocky so I can get the Shell Bell and I give it to Woopah, since she's my lowest level Pokemon, atm.

I head into Union Cave and manage to catch a Lv. 6 Modest Sandshrew and name him AJ. I already have 2 Ground types so I won't train him but I'll keep him in my party since he's a higher level than Reemy. I head through Union Cave, while collecting all the items and Woopah, Rocky, and Qat all get up to Lv. 14 in the process.

I enter Azelea Town to heal my Pokemon before heading back to Route 33 and catch a Lv. 6 Naive (ok now I'm just going to assume that ALL Naive Pokemon are in love with me) Hoppip that I name LOLZ. As you probably tell from the name, I don't plan on training her. Gonna head into Slowpoke Well right after this, Bugsy and my rivaly shouldn't be too much of a problem since I have Rocky.

Team so far:

Party

Egg (Togepi)
-
-
-
-

Party:

Chikorita (Qat) @ Miracle Seed
Lv. 14 (M)
Mild

Razor Leaf
Tackle
Poison Powder
Synthesis

Rattata (Chompy)
Lv. 12 (F)
Serious

Quick Attack
Bite
Tackle
Tail Whip

Geodude (Rocky)
Lv. 14 (M)
Naive

Rock Throw
Rock Smash
Tackle
Rock Polish

Wooper (Woopah) @ Shell Bell
Lv 14. (F)
Naive

Mud Shot
Water Gun
Tail Whip
Mud Sport

Sandshrew (AJ)
Lv. 6 (M)
Modest

Scratch
Defense Curl
-
-

In Alive Box

Rattata (Reemy)
Lv. 3 (M)
Docile

Tackle
Tail Whip
-
-

Spinarak (Latouchia)
Lv. 3 (F)
Lax

Poison Sting
String Shot
-
-
*I'll rename her Aracnia once I get to Goldenrod.

Hoppip (LOLZ)
Lv. 3 (F)
Naive

Splash
Synthesis
-
-
*The name is fitting not only because it's a Hoppip, but also because it's my third Naive Pokemon.

Dead
None

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
imo Pokewalker is fine as long as long as you release your pkmn if it faints in there

Fuck yeah Ruby is going well. Team now consists of Vortex (Marshtomp), Mickey (Hariyama), Mushy (Breloom) and Zoon (Linoone).
Elektra the Electrike and Skream the Whismur are suffering from dead, and Maggie (Magikarp) and Duke (Marill) are boxing it up.
3 badges, fuck yeah.

Update 4

Reaching Fuschia:
I made my way to Fuschia City, ignoring many trainers, but having Ganondorf beat up every Biker in sight for Exp. I've noticed that Kushi has been falling behind; Scratch just doesn't cut it, and it'll take awhile to gain five levels for Slash. Therefore I resolve that after I get Surf, I'm grabbing an Electric-type at the Power Plant. I hope it's a Magnemite and not a Voltorb...

First thing I did at Fuschia was go to the Safari Zone. First thing I saw was a Doduo, caught her and named her "Dodo?" Went straight to the secret house and got Surf, then quit so I could use this against the Gym. Also gave the Warden back his teeth; who the hell loses their teeth in the wilderness?

Fuschia Gym:
Ganondorf owns all other Psychic-types, including the Level 38 Hypno. Koopa pitches in too, taking down the Tamers with his new toy Surf. When I was done clearing the trainers I noticed that Koopa was just short of Level 36, so I cleared out everyone's Exp. bar and gave everyone a level (except Kushi). Caught an Oddish (Marvin) on Route 15 while doing this. Then I threw her into the box for Hornybee, because she's still not fit for death fodder.

Koga was swiftly defeated by Ganondorf and his brand new Psychic attack; he OHKOd the Koffings, 2HKOd Muk and 3HKO Weezing, due to getting a Hyper Potion. Only got hit by Weezing's Sludge, and no poison to boot.

Team Changes:
Now that Surf was usable, I flew to Route 10 and went to the Power Plant. Unfortunately, it was a Voltorb, who was 2HKOd and not caught. Now I sort of cheated here and caught another Voltorb, but remembered that Jolteon was still available (and far superior). So I released it (the three Balls I used on it count as a penalty) and grabbed Eevee (Over 9000!). Glad I did, since the nature's great and it has above average IVs.

Preparations:

Before evolving Eevee, I wanted some more money to get TMs from the Game Corner So I got my Meowths out, got Pay Day on ThatsRight, and did some money grinding on Route 3. I didn't get much, but since they go in the box I can afford to put that off. Just got T-Bolt for now, and taught it to Over 9000! after evolution. Then I trained him at Pokemon Tower and on some unfought Bird Keepers.

Now I'm ready to... I don't know. I caught another Doduo (Ostrigen) on Route 18, and now I'm out of Pokeballs. I think I'll clear some more trainers, maybe get more Game Corner TMs, then worry about the Leaders. Oh, and test Hidden Power, since I now have at least two TMs thanks to Pickup.

Team:

Wartortle (Koopa)- Level 36- Gentle, Male- Surf / Bite / Brick Break / Protect
+Starter Pokemon and main team member. Finally evolved and got Surf.

Pidgeotto (Robin)- Level 34- Calm, Female- Wing Attack / Fly / Quick Attack / Sand Attack
+Second team member and successor to EyePecker. I really want her to evolve...

Jolteon (Over 9000!)- Level 32- Hasty, Male- Thunderbolt / Sand Attack / Double Kick / Quick Attack
+Newest recruit, and definitely worth using over Kushi. Finally have a solution to Gyarados.

Gloom (Stinkweed)- Level 32- Naive, Female- Absorb / Sleep Powder / Acid / Stun Spore
+Fourth official team member. Immune to poison, but desperate for better moves.

Hypno (Ganondorf)- Level 37- Hardy, Male- Confusion / Headbutt / Hypnosis / Psychic
+Powerful Psychic and new clown. Once he gets Shadow Ball, Sabrina bites the dust.

Growlithe (Leonardo)- Level 33- Calm, Male- Flame Wheel / Bite / Roar / Take Down
+The team's Fire-type; no Flash Fire, but a +SpDef nature and Intimidate make him pretty damn bulky.

Boxed:

Weedle (Hornybee)- Level 4- Modest, Male- Poison Sting / String Shot
+Former team clown. Saving for death fodder, preferably against a female. ;P

Weedle (ImGonnaDie)- Level 8- Impish, Male- Poison Sting / String Shot
+As the name implies, he's death fodder unless I evolve him to use as a doorstop.

Pidgey (Perky)- Level 15- Jolly, Female- Tackle / Sand Attack / Gust / Quick Attack
+Another Pidgey I picked up on the way. Better nature, but Robin's already trained.

Rattata (CRUNCH!)- Level 12- Timid, Male- Tackle / Tail Whip / Quick Attack
+Not gonna train him; I've got five members as it is and want a good Mon in the sixth slot.

Meowth (Klepto)- Level 10- Hardy, Male- Scratch / Growl / Bite
+Another catch I got. He'll be my backup Cut user, and a Pickup slave.

Spearow (ThirdSoFar)- Level 17- Timid, Male- Peck / Growl / Leer / Fury Attack
+Third Spearow I've got, only one I still have. I think I'm set for Fliers.

Ekans (Narcissa)- Level 11- Lonely, Female- Wrap / Leer / Poison Sting
+Maybe Intimidate will be useful, maybe... ?

Zubat (Bite me!)- Level 15- Rash, Male- Leech Life / Astonish / Supersonic
+There, I got my goddamned bat. Happy now, Arceus?

Meowth (ThatsRight)- Level 20- Careful, Male- Scratch / Growl / Bite / Pay Day
+Now all I need to do is teach him to stand and walk on two legs and speaking English. Also my money and Pickup slave when I need it.

Farfetch'd (CH'DING)- Level 7- Adamant, Male- Peck / Growl / Leer
+Made use of that Spearow early. He'll make a good Cut slave, but not a good fighter.

Doduo (Dodo?)- Level 26- Quiet, Female- Pursuit / Fury Attack / Tri Attack / Rage
+My Safari Zone prize; I'd probably use Ostrigen over her, though.

Oddish (Marvin)- Level 24- Mild, Male- Poisonpowder / Stun Spore / Sleep Powder / Acid
+Random catch, just because Nuzlocke rules dictate.

Doduo (Ostrigen)- Level 24- Bashful, Male- Growl / Pursuit / Fury Attack / Tri Attack
+He was a tough catch, mainly because I didn't have either Grass-type on hand. Won't replace Robin unless necessary.

Parasect (Kushi)- Level 29- Naughty, Female- Scratch / Leech Life / Spore / Bullet Seed
+Former team member, but voted off because she's falling behind and I need a good Electric-type.

Failures:

Spearow (EyePecker)- Level 6- Lonely, Male- Peck / Growl
+My original 2nd, cut short due to poison from a stalwart Weedle.

Diglett (PINGAS!)- Level 19- Sassy, Male- Magnitude / Scratch / Sand Attack / Dig
+Poor thing got bested by a Pikachu of all things... he never really acted as I would like, though. Just realized he was Level 19...

Oh yeah, I'm definitly trying this out. I'll be playing Silver with Moot's rules, 'cept the "No Pokeball Buying" one.
I'll also try to draw some comics to go with my adventure, but I suck at drawing and don't have a scanner, so my comics will be rather infrequent.

Rule's I'm using:

• No running from battles. any battles.
  • I can only catch one pokemon per route.
  • I can only catch the FIRST pokemon on a route. (If i see a pokemon and have no pokeballs, I'm SoL)
  • If a pokemon faints, I must release it ASAP
  • No Increasing HP in the field. Pokecenters are useable. at all times.
  • If I run out of pokemon at any time, I must start over
  • PC Boxes are allowed to store extra uncaught pokemon.
  • I must Nickname every pokemon I see, to add a layer of attachment when they "die"
  • I can only buy items once per town. (Save and spend wisely)
  • Battle style must be set to "Set" (no "Would you like to switch pokemon?" Question between poke's)
First try: Alright! new adventure! my Pokemon, Flare (Cyndaquil) seems really excited to get all the way out to Mr. Pokemon's house! As we disembark on to route 30, a Weedle jumps out and attacks. Flare kills it, no problem. and we continue on our merry little way, but before long, another weedle pops out. This time, It poisoned my Sweet cyndaquil. I rushed back to the pokemon center, and healed just as it reached the brink of death. and returned to my current quest, reaching Mr. Pokemon's house alive and in one piece. I make it 3/4 of the way, and get poisoned. this time, the poison gets to Flare in the battle, and he doesn't make it out.
GAME OVER :'( *L+R+Start+Select*

Just started this on FireRed 30 mins ago, team so far:
Modest Squirtle: BluBowser
Timid Pidgey: Eyebrows
Brave Rattata: Deadmau5
Rash Kakuna: Ima be a B

very excited. Had some close calls against wild pidgeys getting crits on my squirtle, but all good so far!

Gah, first casualty. Last trainer on Route 24 crit Archer with gust and now he's gone.

Misty was a cakewalk, as ivysaur just ripped the entire gym to shreds, 1-2 shotting everything. Rival battle was a bit of a challenge, seeing as I had no safe switchins to ember, but as tough as Nidorina is she was able to wear it down. Blow through nugget bridge with no issues. Beedrill, for all its suck, is a great switch in to ekans. Geodudes ate double-kicks, random grass and fighters fell to my birds. With no resists though Ratattas and Pidgeys were the toughest, I had several close-calls, and in the end a gust-crit fell Archer. Routes 22 and 23 brought nothing useful, a Bellsprout (Vinez) and a backup pidgey (Numa, was supposed to be number 2, but I hit A instead of b and decided to keep his name numa). Route 4 did give me Cher though, a bashful (blah) Sandshrew. So now, onward to viridian with:

Cher - L14 Bashful F sandshew
Thorn - L16 Sassy F Beedrill
Queen - L18 Careful M Nidoqueen
Sandy - L18 Naughty F Pidgeotto
Knight - L21 Bold M Ivysaur

Boxed
Tank the Magikarp, purchased but probably will never use
Zuzy the Zubat, seriously, I have enough poison types and fliers
Vinez the Bellsprout, redundant with Ivysaur
Numa the Pidgey, backup for Sandy, or something.

Ded
Archer the Jolly M Spearow, L15: Cause of death: Pidgey gust crit.

I hope I get something with damp as self-destruct protection

second Run, I'm back in New bark after carefully and Miraculously making it to Mr. Pokemon's house Without screwing up my capture on Either route (I had 0 encounters. I felt like a god.) My cyndaquil (To be renamed Flare, in honor of the fallen) is now level 6 (Rival Battle) and I have a hold of the five starting pokeballs. This will be fun.

Rules​

-If a Pokemon in your party faints, you must release it.
-Every time you reach a new route, cave, etc., you must catch the very first Pokemon you see, regardless of your current number of party members. The Pokemon may sit within the box for an indeterminate amount of time as a backup.
-If you fail to catch the first Pokemon you see, either via it fleeing, knocking it out, or having no Pokeballs, you may not catch another. Tough shit.
-This means you can not catch a Pokemon in a route you were in before you could catch Pokemon. So no route 1, you were there before you had Pokeballs.
-If a town you go to contains a body of water or a gift, Pokemon like Bill’s Eevee in G/S/C/HG/SS, that may be considered a Pokemon of a new area.
-You must nickname your Pokemon so there is some sort of attachment. Each Pokemon is a best friend to you, to see them die is heartbreaking.
-If your entire party faints, they all must be thrown away. If you have a Pokemon left in a box somewhere, you may continue, otherwise you must start your game over.
-Treat Pokeballs as rare artifacts; at no point can you buy them from stores. You can only use ones you find in the wild or are awarded.
-You are, under no circumstance, allowed to get a second Pokemon from any given area.
-You are, under no circumstance, allowed to use items outside of battle. If you were poisoned on your last turn of the battle, you better hope to god there is a Pokemon center nearby.
-You may not switch out before the enemy trainer sends in a new Pokemon.
-You are not allowed to use legendaries in battle.
-Battle mode set to SET
-No healing items may be purchased. Use only what’s found or given to you.
-Grinding is frowned upon except for newly captured Pokemon to get them up to par.

• Game: Leaf Green

And so, the journey of MIDORI begins! It begins with the selection of JIN, the Charmander. Due to this, rival AOI took a Squirtle. Of course, there’s no way Jin will lose to a turtle. It was a close battle, however, as one more hit from Squirtle would’ve ended my journey before it even began! He probably has a +Atk nature, or near maximum attack IVs.

Route 1 – No Pokeballs, so nothing to catch. Got a free Potion. Absolutely slaughtered one Pidgey, and then got crit by another, but Jin’s a fighter.

Viridian City – Picked up a Potion off the ground.

Route 2 – Rattata appeared. Scratch from Jin took it to about 15% HP. Close call, there. Either way, she was captured. She has thus been named NEZU! Went back to route 1 to get Nezu up to par, and she almost died to another Rattata. That would’ve been… quite embarrassing. After healing, got crit by a Pidgey and dropped to 1hp. Switch to Jin for the save, but this thing is insanely weak. Jin has to keep rescuing it. After grinding it to level 7, to be on par with Jin’s level 9, it was on to Viridian Forest!

Viridian Forest – And the first appearance of… Weedle! Yet another female Pokemon. Jin’s going to be a pimp, I can see it now. But he’s bashful, so it’s going to be a typical anime harem setting! She has since been dubbed: BUN.

Pewter City – After going to the PC to heal, I went back to Route 2 to train Bun. However, two critical tackles in a row from Pidgey ended her life early. Farewell, sweet bug. From there, I went to train Nezu in Viridian Forest. She got poisoned by a Weedle, and didn’t survive the trip back. Jin’s harem is already depleted. From there, it was time to show Brock what a dejected soul can do! His flunky tried to stop me, but Metal Claw from Jin took him down. Sandshrew tried to Sand Attack screw me, but Ember burned him and took care of that little stall war. However, he took some lumps, and with only Jin I fear Onyx. So, time to evolve a solution before winning. It shouldn’t take long, as Jin is already level 15.

Route 3 – After battling a few enemies, and hitting level 18, I find a Spearow. Let’s see if I can catch it without weakening it, since I’m obviously too strong to weaken it. SUCCESS! Once again, a female. She shall be dubbed: SUPIA! Back to Viridian for some “Up to Par Training.”

Route 22 – Since I’m headed this way anyway, I figure I’ll backtrack and fight AOI again. Pidgey and Squirtle versus Spearow and Charmander? Easy win for me! Afterwards, I capture a Mankey, dubbed ZARU, and yet another female. This is becoming an odd pattern. However, on the way back through Viridian Forest, a combination of a Weedle Poisoning and a Caterpie critical tackle takes out Zaru. Back to just the bird and the salamander.

Route 4 – No patches of grass here, but I remember there being a guy who will sell you a Magikarp for 500 yen. I figure that’s a great deal, so I grab it, and dub it KAKU! It is, yet again, female. Sane.

Mt. Moon – A Wild Zubat Appears! Who’d have thought? Couldn’t get lucky enough for a Geodude on my first one, I suppose. Fury Attack from Supia weakens it, and almost kills it. Luckily, my Spear knows when to stop thrusting and when to start twisting, so I captured the MALE Zubat. He is dubbed Zelos. In the end, Mt. Moon proved to be too much for Zelos, and he soon succumbed to the power of a random Paras. Also, Helix Fossil, GET!

Route 4 – After leaving Mt. Moon, I decide to teach Jin the MEGA KICK attack.

Route 24 – Slowly making my way through the masses to get to Bill, but having to hit the Pokemon Center after almost every fight due to trying to forcefully level up Magikarp. Unfortunately, this is where the tale ends… for now.

Active:
Jin, the Charmeleon (Level 22 ♂)

Supia, the Spearow (Level 19 ♀)

Kaku, the Magikarp (Level 18 ♀)

Resting In Peace:
Nezu, the Rattata
Bun, the Weedle
Zaru, the Mankey
Zelos, the Zubat

I'm adding a synopsis at the beginning of my story this time, since a LOT has happened, including two permenant team members and six boss wins.

Parts 1-3

Parts 4-6

Parts 7-10a

Parts 10b-12

Parts 13 and 14

Synopsis
-kicked Team Rocket out of the Lost Tower
-beat grass, psycic, and poison type gyms
-Caught Snorlax(had 2 balls remaining)
-Kicked more Team Rocket butt in Saffron
-beat rival
-got to Cinibar, where I obtained omanyte

Part 15: Get your butt out of here!!!

I leave the pokemart feeling refreshed, and ask around town to check out the local news. "WHAT?!?!?! They killed a Marowak? for NO REASON???" This dialog is enough to give you a synopsis of what is about to happen. I storm back into the Lost tower, and stomp out everyone who tries to stop me. the ghosts don't daunt me, as Dracula was able to bite them(how exactly?) and I got to the top rather quick. "Don't give me that "grown-up conversation junk grunt. Prepare to lose!" Scorch seems to be just as angry as I am, because several times during the battles the grunt's close caught fire. Scorch had stopped messing with little embers, and now spouted full flamethrowers, something the oposition just couldn't stand.

Mr. Fuji thanked me for my help, and took me back to his house, where he gave me the pokeflute. "Play it when pokemon fall asleep. They'll wake up immediately." I caught Scorch's eye on the way out, and if he could talk I imagine it'd be something along the lines of, "If you DARE play that tonight..." I remember seeing a monstrous sleeping pokemon out west of Cerulean, so I go to see what I can make of it.

Part 16: The cost and reward factor

I get to the pokemon, which I can identify as a Snorlax with my pokedex, and start playing my flute. I had expected it to be nice and just move out f the road, but apparently it doesn't like being woken up. Scortch hops out in time to take the headbutt, which really doesn't do anything to him, but I call him back after only an Ember(current set ember/flamethrower/metal claw/scratch) and send out JackieChan. Snorlax decides that he's not important enough, and falls back asleep. I on the other hand want this thing, so I have Jackie hit it with Brick Break, and after several hits, and lots more of the thing falling asleep, I am left with three little pokeballs. I pray that this one will finally catch it, and throw my only great ball. wobble...wobble...wobble... ... ... ... click! "Yes! I know just the name for you, Lazy Bum. So I see that my new partner is slightly naive[ :( ] and seems to have built up an immunity to poison [my saving grace!]. Now that seemingly certain place of Frisky on my team has been shattered, and I take Snorlax to Cycling road to train.

Part 17: Flying domination

Now several things happened at once. The first of which was Scortch obliterating the Grass type Gym. Erica said that as long as I helped her fix the plants I had fried, we could be friends. I had plenty of time so we started out, before long we had finnished, and even Scorch looked refreshed from the smell. Speaking of Scorch... yep, there's the blinding light. "Oh, your charmeleon is evolving." Yeah, thanks for pointing out the obvious Erica. Oh well, I know Charizard loves wing attack, so I have him lost scratch and we get on the move.

The next step I decided was to check out Saffron city. My blood boils at the sight of team rocket, but I decide that I won't mess with them, yet... First I go to check out the fighting dojo, which Dracula tears through, seeming like, not as happy, but like a "tornader in a trailer park." I recieve the fighter of my choice, and I choose Bruce Lee! However, he won't play a major part in my expeditions, as JackieChan is higher in level and is already a good companion. With that taken care of, and some more training behind me, I decide to clean out team rocket

Part 18: the fat man sweep!

Lazy Bum has proved his worth already, and continues in the Silph co. building. He laughs at all the poisons types that Team Rocket uses, and the occasional fighting is just asking for Dracula to switch in. He did, however, have a very close call with an exploding Electrode, but survived barely(15 hp) and rested back to full health. The rest of team Rocket just bent over like trees in a hurricane. However, apparently team rocket isn't the only anoyying presense infiltrating Silph today. I see Ian up ahead, and switch Frisky into the lead position, because it still has the advantage of thunderbolt against this anoyying Pidgeo..t? Ian did some serious grinding since I last saw him, but Super Effective match-ups cost him the match, with Lazy bum's shadow ball beasting him Alakazam and Exegute. A by-stander offers me a Lapras for winning, which is now named Nessy. I climb up to the top, where Giovaine awaits. The battle is quick, and nearly painless, with JackieChan taking the Rhyhorn and Kangaskan, Dracula and Victoria tag-teaming Nidoqueen, and whatever the other pokemon was was handled by Lazy Bum. With victory over team rocket fresh in our minds, Lazy Bum and I take on the Psycic type gym. However, we don't get far before I realize something that could've made me VERY unhappy. These pesky ghastly know destiny bond(if you're wondering, I hit myself in confusion the time they used it). Now I know that Lazy Bum is in a large amount of danger, and quickly move Frisky to the lead position. With her much higher speed, Frisky can hit the ghosts before they are able to attack. Eventualy I work my way up to the gym leader(whose name escapes me atm), and she turned out to be incredibly easy. Snorlax was just sitting there, either shadow balling or resttalking. She hands me my fifth badge, and I head out of this maze of teleporters.

We heal up then head over to Koga's gym in Fushia. He turns out to be just as easy, with Snorlax's immunity. With satisfaction I look at my team, remembering everything that had happened that day, and how each of them had pitched in. I noticed, however, that Victoria was looking sad, or dissapointed. I couldn't tell which. I had a feeling it was because she wasn't up to par with the rest, so I tell the team we are heading to Cinnibar Island, and Victoria is leading the way.

Part 19: the victorious struggler

The journey was easy, or would've been if Victoria had more PP to use. 15 Super Effective attacks was all that she was limited to. She seemed to be beating herslef up over it, until finally she learned a new tactic. Razor Leaf! I smiled at her glee, and noticed I had a leaf shaped stone in my pack. I must've picked that up in my travels, maybe she would like it? I tossed it to her, and all of a sudden a briliant light blinded me, once again. I was surprised, but laughed when I saw the end result of Victrebel standing in front of me, no longer looking very upset.

Once we arived at Cinnibar I new where I wanted to go. I still had this fossil with me, and the scientist I got it from had said there was a lab here that let me revive fossils. I head in there, and after a short wait, I emerge with Omanyte! I have difficulty naming this one, starting off with Sheldon. This didn't suit it however, and I renamed it Heelio. Thus I have(at least I think I have) completely gathered my finnal team.

Team In Party

Heelio LV 24

Hardy
Swift Swim
Ice Beam/Rock Slide/Bite/Surf

Dracula lv 42

Naive
Wing Attack/Aerial Ace/Confuse Ray/Bite

Lazy Bum LV 47

Naive :/
Immunity :D
Body Slam/Shadow Ball/Rest/Sleep Talk

Scorch LV 44

Docile
Wing Attack/Flamethrower/Slash/Fly

JackieChan LV 40

Hardy
Scratch/Cross Chop/Brick Break/Karate Chop

Frisky LV 40(note, only in here because I'm using Flash, this is Victoria's slot)

Naughty
Thunderbolt/Flash/Faint Attack/Pay Day

IN THE PC

Victoria LV 42
(man the LG sprite is better)
Docile
Razor Leaf/Giga Drain/Sleep Powder/Cut

(note, to speed process, all unimportant boxed pokemon's sprites are skiped)

AirAce-Pidgeotto(rt 2)

Mirage-Eevee(Celadon city)

Bruce Lee-Hitmonlee(Saffron City)

CHOMPER-Raticate(rt 1)

Nessy-Lapras(Silph Co.

Mr. Crab-Krabby(super rod in Vermilion)

Mamanido-NindoranF(Safari Zone*)

Beakers-Doduo(rt 16)

Death-Ghastly(Lost/pokemon tower)

Blaze-Vulpix(rt 8)

Sandman- Sandshrew(rt 11)

MONARCH-Caterpie(rt 25)

Flapper-Spearow(rt 4)

RIP

POWDER-Caterpie, death to crit tackle from Pidgey

*I caught a ton of pokemon in the safari zone, so I could get the item finder, but I've released all except the first, Mamanido. hope nobody feels bad about that one

do you guys like the synopsis? or should it go

Part 1

Route 24 – Remembering that not only does Bill not give you Eevee in FRLG, but he’s technically in route 25, I go back to the patch of grass to find a new member. Enter Bellsprout. I decide to try and weaken it with Magikarp. Big mistake, as it vine whips and deals 35/36 of my health. Quick, to Supia! After Pursuiting it down and barely surviving, I capture him and dub him KURA! I decide to quickly kill 2 more Pokemon so Supia can evolve into a Fearow, which she does.

Cerulean City – After wiping the floor with Misty’s trainers, I decide I should have a training montage for Kura. Also, I throw Kaku into the montage to make her Gyarados. After the montage, we went into battle! Kura took down Staryu with Vine Whip x2, but not before being confused by Water Pulse. He smacked Starmie with a Whip too, but after that Pulse was left with a mere 4hp. Switch out to Kaku, who proceeded to Bite Starmie into submission.

Viridian City – Not much to note on the way here. I’m out of Pokeballs, so I’m avoiding the grass so I can come back for a Meowth or something later. However, Kura evolved into a Weepinbell between the cities. That’s something! Anyway, I slaughter the SS Anne, forcing it to depart after they trick me off! Whatever, I’ll relieve stress at the Gym.

Diglett Cave – Have to go through here to get Flash. Too bad that Diglett wasn’t worth a Great Ball. Have to conserve now! Well, after looking at my team, I realize only Kura can learn Flash. Well, guess who’s my HM whore now?

Rock Tunnel – I’ve managed to avoid grass patches, so no route slots have been used up. I doubt I’ll make it through Rock Tunnel without a wild Pokemon… that’d just be insane. After bulldozing my way through, Jin evolves into a Charizard!

Lavender Town – I’m out of the horrible tunnel, and not a moment too soon. Kura was paralyzed, Jin was down to about 15hp, and Gyarados was down to about a third. This seems like as good a place as any to rest!

Active:
Jin, the Charizard (Level 36 ♂)

Supia, the Fearow (Level 26 ♀)

Kaku, the Gyarados (Level 22 ♀)

Kura, the Weepinbell (Level 28 ♂)

Resting In Peace:
Nezu, the Rattata
Bun, the Weedle
Zaru, the Mankey
Zelos, the Zubat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)