Kid Icarus: Uprising

Use this thread to discuss anything and everything Kid Icarus: Uprising.

You can talk about everything from treasure hunts, to weapons, to multiplayer.

If you're going to talk about the happenings of the chapters in Solo Mode please do it in hide tags.

Aside from that... Here we go!

[16:30] <%Espeon> you should say I own you bitch
(I beat him twice. Obviously inferior.)

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Yeah, this game is basically the best thing i've played in about 5 or so years (Super Mario Galaxy 1 was the last time one) I'm currently working on completing
Viridi's
treasure hunts. Finished Palutena, and i've got like 11 more for Viridi.

I'd love to schedule a match with you guys but my laptop's totally fucked. Gonna fix it in the summer.

I finished the main storyline about a week ago, the storyline itself is really fun to play through just because the way you have to control Pit is really cool. Aside from that I'm just working on getting all the intensity gates and working on Treasure Hunts haha! Haven't tried Light vs. Dark yet though, if someone could give feedback on that, i would appreciate it

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Been absolutely loving this game. Completed the story a week or so ago and been working on doing all on intensity 9 though some are really annoying such as
ring of chaos level (fight vs pit's body -_-), hades heart level, and the chaos vortex.

In reply to NatGeo, I only play Light vs Dark on wifi and love it as I find free-for-all too much of a mess, whereas in Light vs Dark it's fun being more strategic in play. Both hiding as the angel and trying to kill the angel are enjoyable. The only really annoying thing is when you go say 6-0 and still lose as your angel dies.

We were 4-4 in both games EspyOwner >:(.

I have so much shit left to do in this game it makes my head spin. I ended up blowing a ton of hearts in the store buying a set of HAMAZING Eyetrack Orbitars, so my intensity 9 runs are on hold until I get some flesh to dump into the cauldron. In the meantime, I've been trying to knock out some of these damn cheevos on the treasure board.

Fuck you, crisis mode boss challenges. That is all.

It's great that Nintendo gave some recognition to Kid Icarus, because the game in it's entirety is great. I finished the story mode, and I have to admit, it's pretty great.

I don't fancy Free for All much, but that's just my personal preference since there's way to much to think about when it's One on Five, and everyone's scattered out and everyone's a target / predator. Light vs. Dark is pretty great, and the layout is just as great, since it requires a lot of team work and strategy to grasp the win.

also, damn whoever came up with the ideas for crisis mode boss-battle challenges...

I love this game though I barely attempt solo(at chapter12). The Mp aspect is soo fun, and Im pretty great at it. My only complaint is the lack of more gamemodes.

Though in ffa I see alot of players use transparency. That thing is amazing and if your good can guarantee a kill, and a bit of damage on another foe. I run transparencylv3,Darknesslv3, and quickchargelv2 with the gaol blade for ffa.

In Light vs dark Im usually using a bow like the darkness and divine. Im trying to get a good silver bow though due to its effectiveness close range. In LvD I use megalaserlv1,landminelv2,darknesslv3, and quickchargelv3.

Though Light vs Dark seems much more fun than ffa imo.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I seriously think the game creator was just like

I have no clue how any of you are beating anything on Level 9. I can only make it through the flying segments on 9 by using a club and holding down the L button most of the time to deflect all the attacks away.

Even with that being said, I love the challenge. It has easily been one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had, even including console games.

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
i really like being an asshole in free for all and sniping with the club from far away and taking somebody elses kill

but honestly i am fucking horrible at this game

beating a level on 5 is a cause for celebration for me

I'm hoping that this game will kickstart a return to "Nintendo hard." Even if it goes against Nintendo's current target audience, difficulty is what made a lot of early Nintendo special. I know that many gamers as kids were able to beat the first few levels of Super Mario Bros blind because they were never able to get past world 3 or 4. Now, most Nintendo games are ridiculously easy (with the exception of Fire Emblem, which is more tedious or annoying than difficult).

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I'm always up for some multiplayer action. Hit me up on IRC sometime and we can exchange FCs. I already posted a bunch of stuff on what I liked about KI:U in the 3ds thread so, 9.9....

In the 3DS Discussion thread, I sort of rip on the controls, but I'm going have take what I said because the controls are actually really good. It did take me some practice dodging and controlling Pit, but I feel really proud of myself when I beat a boss while taking little to no damage.

I've just beat chapter 19(imo, most annoying chapter in the whole game), so I'm almost done with it, and I absolutely love the story.

I'm going to go ahead and put this out there, but I seriously think it could compete for Game of the Year even though it's a handheld. It has an amazing story, graphics, gameplay, voice acting, music, multiplayer, difficulty etc. and even though it is on an handheld, it's plays like a console game.

I have no clue how any of you are beating anything on Level 9. I can only make it through the flying segments on 9 by using a club and holding down the L button most of the time to deflect all the attacks away.
Chapter 1 on 9 intensity is easy. I haven't tried any others on 9, but have done quite a few on 6 for now. I use Level 4 Aries Armor during boss battles and large unavoidable swarms of enemies, and usually take Crisis Recovery. In general, offensive powers are less useful than defensive/recovery ones in story mode.

Random thoughts about the game:

- The control scheme is very uncomfortable on my left hand. This is my main complaint about the game.

- I only just realised you could play Nearby in Together mode without any human opponents. This is good for Forever Alone people such as myself; many achievements in the Treasure Hunt won't have feathers wasted on them. I'll still need feathers for the Weapon Gem achievements; unlikely to get any StreetPass hits in Australia. More like 'ConventionPass' - I only got hits at a gaming convention.

- Best thing about the game is how it caters to all skill levels with its adjustable difficulty, with good incentives for making it harder.

- Favourite weapon so far: Gaol Blade, followed by Viper Blade. For a 'well balanced' weapon type, blades seem a bit overpowered (in single-player at least).

- Has anyone completed the Boss Rush? Some of the Treasure Hunt achievements mention completing on Easy or Normal... but there's no choice of difficulty when I play it. If this means it's locked into Easy first, I'm terrified of how much harder it can get (got to the 20th boss on my first try).

- Has anyone completed the Boss Rush? Some of the Treasure Hunt achievements mention completing on Easy or Normal... but there's no choice of difficulty when I play it. If this means it's locked into Easy first, I'm terrified of how much harder it can get (got to the 20th boss on my first try).
Boss rush is initially set on easy difficulty. Upon completing it once, you unlock normal. After normal, you gain access to hard.

Easy isn't that tough. If you're having trouble, bring Transparency and Brief Invulnerability to cheese through bosses giving you trouble.

Viridi never got her comeuppance for killing thousands of people

Aside from that the game was wonderful. It also sounds like the game is reasonably well-balanced in multiplayer so I might have to try to sink some time into it.

Acklow

Viridi never got her comeuppance for killing thousands of people

Aside from that the game was wonderful. It also sounds like the game is reasonably well-balanced in multiplayer so I might have to try to sink some time into it.
If you're going to mention that, you have to mention that:

Dark Lord Gaol's story arc never really was completed other than the character being revealed to be a human woman.

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Unlock Normal and Hard after beating it on Easy which is the first. I've done it on Easy and Normal and I know a few others who have too. Easy isn't that hard once you get used to it tbh as Pit's Body and Hades Heart are the main annoying ones. Normal took me a while to do because there are quite a few annoying battles with the increased difficulty (pit's body, dark pit, hades heart, phoenix), but somehow managed to not use a god potion between levels 7-17 which let me just beat it. Hard is ridiculous. I will be amazed if anyone does it. So far I've only beaten 6 - somehow mucked up vs Thanatos -_- but only had 2 god potions left anyway.

The main thing is to get a very good idea of everything in the level as once you know where all the enemies are in air battles, you can hit them before they have a chance to attack you, and as for land battles just avoid any battles you don't have to do. Lightweight is very useful on most levels for storming past enemies, and I usually use transparency and invincibility when doing runs on 9 too. So far got 12 done on intensity 9, and 4 that I've got to the boss on intensity 9 but lost to. Some levels are really annoying though so doubtful I'll manage to do all on 9.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Just so you guys know, completing a stage on lvl 9 is easier than it sounds. I'm no pro, but 've gotten a handful of chapters done on lvl 9. Mainly because I wanted to see how far I could push myself. There are few chapters that I refuse to do OR restrict myself to one attempt a day. (you guys know the one >_>)

EspyJoel is a 100% right, it's all about getting a feel for a level and constant amounts of trial and error. I find that air sections are harder than ground sections since you don't have on the go healing, and you can't stop and plan ahead. Once you barely make it passed the air stage, things will only get better imo. A weapon with an overall defense boosts helps a ton too!

EDIT:

111/120 Treasure hunt achievements complete for V, only 9 more to go...
Anybody know how to get the "kill 230 enemy" achievement on chapter 14?

EspyJoel

Espy <3
Anybody know how to get the "kill 230 enemy" achievement on chapter 14?
From what I remember you have to do insanely well in the air battle. The best thing to do is write down how much you get in the air battle first time around and then ensure you beat every enemy in the land battle, then check how many more you need to kill in the air battle to get to 230 and just keep on playing it till you get that amount. Also
in the part where you hit the barrels down to make a vent of air to go up, ensure you get all 3, one is behind the corner as you then go higher up and a few more enemies are there.

Just to see how much I suck:
Has anybody else found Hades' Heart to be the most challenging boss? I've defeated almost all of the bosses without dying, but I can never beat the Heart without dying, since I can barely get a grasp on the damned thing. @_@

EspyJoel

Espy <3
Has anybody else found Hades' Heart to be the most challenging boss? I've defeated almost all of the bosses without dying, but I can never beat the Heart without dying, since I can barely get a grasp on the damned thing. @_@
Hades' Heart is the second most annoying boss for me after Pit's Body. Basically the green coloured one is a fake so stay away from that and just go after the one without an aura around it. The red coloured one is what happens when you hit the real one and it gets angry so just quickly dash to the side of the wall it isn't at when it rushes past. Invincibility and lightweight can help a lot for escaping it, as can playing dead. It's easier with a faster weapon such as claws, and also using mega laser can help. I never do it without losing an insane amount of health though. Also, the massive flame passage you see is the green one blowing up which is why it's important to stay away from it.

@Acklow - Ah, I'll give that a try, thanks.

Acklow

I find using a bow quite useful against Hades Heart, thanks to the homing. Just shoot over the walls and snipe it from a distance. Makes things much smoother and easier. :o

I have a lot of trouble on this one, too. Acklow has the right idea about taking potshots at it over walls. I typically use a Ball Cannon for solo for it's amazing firing rate and strong, ricochet shots.

The trick to beating it without taking too much of a flogging is dodging through it when it flails into you like a retard. Of course, because it's so goddamn spastic and fast, this is a lot harder said than done. Not to mention the clones going all Bomberman on you every few seconds. Try to keep near the central channel of the room. This will give you a bit more room to work with and possibly allow you to dodge a stray explosion from a fake heart. Invulnerability, Transparency, and Super Armor are all good power choices for cheesing through as quickly as possible.

Not sure if this has been discovered yet, but if you go into the 8 intensity gate on chapter 5, there's an Easter egg in there along with a treasure chest.

Yay easter eggs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)